Australia to Crackdown on Degeneracy

newscientist.com/article/2145603-australia-plans-random-drug-tests-for-people-receiving-welfare/

No longer can you sit around receiving bennies and smoke dangerous drugs all day.

Should this model be implemented everywhere in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OF4jjNe92g8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No
NOW PAY FOR MY HEALTHCARE!

Yes.
Also for voters, drivers and parents.

he's like the joker of fatman

Why not Congress as well?

Anzu is a whore. Fuck you, Anzufags.

Waste of money. They will just have to hire and pay for more people to screen, deal with and monitor these people.

The smarter move would be to demand receipts for 70% of their monthly welfare cheques.

Paperwork weeds out druggies faster than piss tests.

lol wut.

youtube.com/watch?v=OF4jjNe92g8

No thank you i like my autisme money keep it coming

>Waste of money. They will just have to hire and pay for more people to screen, deal with and monitor these people.
So, creating more jobs so that fewer people are on the dole?

Tell me that's shopped. Anzu can't be smokes.
>Should this model be implemented everywhere in the world?
No, it costs more than it saves. There shouldn't be welfare.

that's soo easy to fake. just rumage around a parking lot looking for receipts.

Should be the other way around. Government shouldn't have to prove you do drugs to take you off welfare; you should have to prove you aren't on drugs every time you go to collect your check.

even if they catch them, they will still have to pay them bennies.
IT doesn't seem that good a plan desu.

I mean if there are a bunch of people trained for this stuff needing work. sure. But i doubt that the case.

SOMEONE WILL HAVE TO PAY

I'm all for this and I smoke weed, I work my balls off to get high and so should they.

The receipt will have your EBT number on there if youre in the US

Too bad petrol doesn't show up on drug tests.

so alcohol is still fine? makes no sense.

HOUSTON WE'VE A PROBLEM

>2am down under
>Posts thread concerning Australia
y

>implying hardcore doleys won't move onto harder drugs that flush through your body faster than weed

Doleys on Crack and Bath Salts!

>implying drug use is a problem

The only problem with drugs is that they are illegal. Speaking as an opiate addict, well former, those who abuse these substances are suffering from a spiritual and mental problem. No amount of drug testing or laws are going to solve the problem because you are doing nothing to address the root cause.

You can not tell an individual what to do. If you are going to give someone money you have to accept the fact that you loose control of that money once they have it. Instead of worrying about the random cannabis smoker they should be offering treatment for these peoples souls. Then again if you help a person get off drugs, confront their shadow, and become a complete person they would no longer be a useful idiot for the left.

How hard can it be though? Doesn't it just boil down to "Hey bogan, piss in this beaker for us, cunt", then either send the sample off to some lab somewhere, or dip some indicator paper into the sample to see if there's any drug metabolites present, and fill out a few forms? Can't be too difficult.

Personally, drug testing should only be required if you were caught doing drugs either by your employer or by the law.

If you have a drug problem, it's only a matter of time before you get caught anyways.

The whole issue with drug testing is they usually only find out people smoke weed and often don't pick up other drugs that leave your system in a matter of hours; especially with piss test.

This is bait but

>The group will be required to undergo random saliva, urine or hair tests to see if they have consumed illicit drugs, including methamphetamine, MDMA, cannabis or heroin.
>If they test positive, 80 per cent of their welfare money will be moved to a BasicsCard, which can only be used to pay for food, rent, childcare and other essential items. If they test positive more than once, they will be referred to a medical professional for addiction treatment.

hello fellow former addict

>Can't be too difficult
It isn't, the issue is that it's massively expensive. They've tried drug testing welfare recipients but it costs significantly more than it saves.

>spiritual problem
>spiritual
Lost me mate

they should do random pregnancy tests instead.

>80 per cent of their welfare money will be moved to a BasicsCard, which can only be used to pay for food, rent, childcare and other essential items
Why is 100% of it not already on such a card if theyre available?

to me, it's about being happy with myself so i don't have to seek a harmful escape. am i honest, openminded, and willing?

have i done the next right thing? have i done anything i have to lie about?

100 percent sure does sound good but I wouldn't know for sure if things like clothes, household repairs et cetera. would be covered. I think the missing 20 percent is for things the government might have missed.
That being said I wouldn't wish for one my fellow countrymen to be restricted to absolute bare essentials just because they have an addiction problem. I would hope there are better things we could do.

The people who abuse things like heroin have a hole in their soul. It is a mental/spiritual problem. I am not saying they just need to find Jesus and get a magic cure but they need some serious introspection. They have to confront their shadow and slay the dragon.

Funny enough things like mushrooms or lsd can help in this situation. While not necessary they can be an way to jump start the process by forcing a person to confront themselves and tear down the walls that they have built to protect their ego. The culture of West is sick and the people who abuse substances of any kind are just a bit ahead of the curve. We need to reconnect with the divine free of mediators. Free of the meddling of the church that pretends to have your interests at heart.

The only thing that got me off opiates was finally understanding who and what I was. What a garbage piece of shit I am and on occasion that I can be a good person. Once I finally understood myself I no longer need to abuse those substances and I can keep myself busy in more constructive ways.

Right, that kind of spiritual. I falsely assumed it was some kind of rastafarian hippie stuff or something along those lines.

Is alcohol/alcoholism included?

Is welfare technically different from nativebux (abobux?)

If they tested natives for alcoholism or drug use here and cut off any government money or social programs for failed tests, it would btfo maybe 50% of the native population causing mass homelessness. The liberals would never allow it

no. AA and NA are "spiritual but not religious" but there is a lot of mention of capital G God in the literature.

Because EBT isn't a thing here. People have the money directly deposited into their bank accounts.

As far as I'm aware, welfare in this context here is designed to only cover things like unemployed, people employed that get paid less than the livable rate, disabled, students and independant youth.

If aboriginals come under these categories they get shit. So like, every aboriginal that you can tell is aboriginal.

You guys are on two different wavelengths on the topic of spirituality as far as I'm concerned.

>You guys are on two different wavelengths on the topic of spirituality as far as I'm concerned.
it's different things to different people. whatever works to keep clean