Senior programmer

>senior programmer
>20 years of experience under my belt at the same company
>we get acquired
>get laid off along with almost everyone else
>begin the job hunt
>literally every interview is in a gay rehabbed loft playpen office where you can tell everyone just fucks around burning venture capital
>none of them have traditional office dress codes
>dyed hair, piercings, unkempt flannel shirts with tees, retarded millennial hair cuts, anything goes I fucking guess
Good thing I have a lot of savings because I turned down an offer from one of these dumps already. I thought these stereotypical "techie workplaces" were just a meme. Why has tech become so culturally marxist? Does the traditional conservative tech company still exist? I just want to go back to my comfy Dilbert existence.

You sound like a special kind of asshole.

Maybe in China or fucking Saudi Arabia.

Definitely not in Weimerica.

ur too old fat man
and your tits are too big

Leftist culture is the only thing wrong with these companies, I love coming to work in sweatpants and sandals and taking a 3 hour lunch.

Maybe Oracle is hiring

Where do you live?

Guess you should have gotten a real education and not fallen for the programmer is important meme. You losers are being replaced by foreign workers at light speed. Your job is essentially the same skill set as a school teacher now. Useless meme degree.

Laughing at you all day.

the problem is that we are encouraging women to enter the tech field. These women have no interest in tech, they just want to break up the "boys club".

also checked

>senior programmer
What kind of company do you work at? Do you guys sell software or did you do stuff like getting contracted by industries? Database work etc

I'm trying to start a software company (utility apps for phone & desktop, simple games) I'm wondering how hard it is to break into the business. Might be easier to just get contracted and do braindead Java GUI work for some pharmaceutical company or someone with money.

start your own company. I did and I've never looked back because the competition are the idiots you just described and they're incredibly easy to underbid and outperform. I've got me and 5 guys I knew from college in a regular house as an office doing as much work as the trendy liberal idiots a couple blocks over do with a staff of 15 in an office that's 10 times as expensive. I've given everybody 2 raises so far this year and it's all out of profit no VC money whatsoever.

Look for a remote job. Fuck going into an orifice everyday. Only cucks do that.

>start your own company. I did and I've never looked back
What kind of stuff do you guys do? I didn't go to college but I'm trying to break into the business. Currently working on an Android app and later will migrate it to iPhone.

The company developed trading software, we got acquired by a competitor who wanted the tech but not the talent. I didn't start it and never had a stake so I can't provide any useful advice for startups, sadly.
What kind of work are you guys doing?

This

Sadly these fucks are bigger that you think. Every conference I go to is a shit show of SJWs and buzzword marketing to the point where I don't want to go.
>"How do we achieve agile workflows to enhance our ROI, which achieving convergence and reducing time to market"
You do it by stop being a fucking man child, working, and going home to bang the wife.

t.retard
my gf spends her days rewriting pajeet code

Goldman Sachs changed their dress code for programmers to attract more talent. Programmers have the best paying jobs for the least amount of work. The outsourcing meme has been around forever, but its never been true. If programmers aren't important how did we get fucking goldman sachs to bend to our will.

There are gazillions of smaller tech companies that employ traditional autists who only care about their area of expertise. Startups are always hiring because they're startups. They hire pink haired hipsters because they want forty year old investors to think they're the next hip thing like Uber or Snapchat. Most of the places you interviewed at will be gone when the first round of capital runs out.

No but I heard Starbucks is hiring Baristas near you.

you are lucky to even get into the door you piece of shit

>hating on programmers and teachers

12 year old detected

>get laid off along with almost everyone else
I'm a Gen X'er too but a little younger. I might be look for a new job out of choice (sort of bored of my work) though.

I hear the hiring side of these interviews, etc... and I shudder to think what it looks like if I come in.

One thing I'm concerned about is that millennial software people expect your online presence to have github projects, stackoverflow activity, etc... I fuck around with all that shit at work so why the fuck would I want to do it for fun?

BTW, if you're looking for work, apply for work with defense contractors. They usually don't tolerate the playpen office bullshit. You don't need a security clearance for most positions and some will put you in for a clearance while on the job.

I live across the highway from 3 huge cuck orifices, feels sickening watch all the obese people enter and leave the building.

go start your own business then, dipshit

Oracle went to shit, huge diversity kick.

>>none of them have traditional office dress codes
If your job is to sit at your desk and type all day, why the fuck should get dressed up for that?
Did you put on a suit to make this shitty thread?

Grow up, old man! What do you want? A soul-sucking cube farm?

Someone please tell me I didn't fuck up choosing Computer Science as my major

You probably need ver specific clothing and hairstyle to be succsessful

>kekistan flag
>degenerate who doesn't work in an office
Pottery. I actually enjoyed getting up in the morning, putting on my crisp, ironed clothes, and hopping in the car to work for the past two decades. The traditional office environment is something I found enjoyable and it put me in a nice routine. Remote work is just as if not even more degenerate than a playpen office.

ahahhahaha 20 years and yet you're so disposable make way for the new guard oldfag

Well, it depends on what job you want, but CS is fine and will translate to a bunch of computer-related careers.

>no visual privacy
>no sound privacy
>no scent privacy (perfume clouds, BO funk, queer designer coffee, potpourri shit)
>co-workers never shut the fuck up
>everyone all up in your business
>forced to be up in everyone else's business against your will
muh progressive workplace of the future

it's one of the biggest growth sectors

Is it really that bad? When I interviewed there in 2012 most everybody was white.

One thing that sux about pol >>user.
Some of us would hire you fuckers in a second. But apparently, you cant post jobs as "spergs need only apply."

you sound like a faggot

okay thank you

you sound like a nazi

Make video games, with hot anime babes

what gave it away einstein

you were supposed to say I sound like a pirate

>Remote work is just as if not even more degenerate than a playpen office.
>Working where you want to work is degenerate
Jesus just how much of a pleb are you?

Get a new job in the government or healthcare sector. They also need programmers building / maintaining software. It will be Dilbert land forever, high pay, and easy hours.

Do something about it.
Oh wait you won't because no one listens to people like you

Literally everything you listed is also an issue in cube farms.

Get a job as a consultant

Should I study business instead? Growing up I was dead set on working with computers for a living but the obvious millennial faggot takeover is ruining my perspective. What do?

>Fuck going into an orifice everyday. Only cucks do that.

Unintentional irony

And endless retardation.

If you really don't give a shit about computers but can fake it, then work there.

Pirates aren't gay though, it's just a meme.

>literally every interview is in a gay rehabbed loft playpen office where you can tell everyone just fucks around burning venture capital

I know a guy who works in a place exactly like this. They have life-size Jenga, skateboards, and all kinds of dumb shit. He makes like $800k a year tho

start your own company
you'll get way more done than these adult play-pens

A pleb that likes working in a traditional office, don't worry I'm not taking any of your precious remote jobs away from you.

>He makes like $800k a year tho
Damn that's almost as much as Jordan Peterson makes on Patreon

welcome to hell

No CS is solid. Network and try to land an internship while you study

No, I had a full-time job at a Fortune 100 company before I even graduated with a 3.3 GPA.

>start your own company.

Kek

why wouldn't you want to spend those silly vc dollars? you could have been burning cigars and doing coke while writing code, but now you have to dip into savings. shame.

That part is obvious to OP because he's old and he wants faggot millennials like you off his lawn.

Or did you just feel the need to point it out for the other autistic shitheads in this thread who can't read his post?

make you own company
isn't the state investing in such companies in your country?
just do something thats "needed" and maybe you'll be funded

>likes working in a traditional office
haha wow I can't imagine how shitty your life must've been to make that seem enjoyable

you sound like a leaf

Have you considered starting your own company

I know you're just shitposting but I want work that has purpose. Contributing to such purposeless decadence is what is ruining the west.

says the queer

>in a gay rehabbed loft playpen office
hilarious. it's not just tech, I work in a totally diff industry that has same layout... and a huge fucking dancefloor... it's all so cringe-y

>Network
I have no idea how, im too autismo

Sounds right up your alley faggot.

defending teachers
commie detected

>cs
pros: $$$$
cons: you will become a tower dwelling insect, a soulless entity within the neoliberal hive. You will see your own reflection as you gaze upon your peers, and shudder in horror.

kek

I'm a Gen Xer thank you very much, and the latter.

I was annoyed by the "... high pay, and easy hours." which pissed me off because I work my ass off and most people do too to a degree, but there's always that lazy fuck who coasts in the fog of business.

MAKE your own company. I'll come

Best part is they all think they have a mission and are changing the world because they are brainwashed by Zuckerberg.

Kill yourself OP it is literally your fault late Boomer

You forgot the biggest con

You will no longer be the master of the computer it will be your master.

Sounds like the cancer has spread. Are these offices the new meme trend for any company that doesn't have anything useful to do with surplus cash?

googledrone here, these are spot on

wrong. it was gay before

Calm down Satan.

Good. We both agree that we hate OP as much as he hates his job options.

Jesus Christ you legitimately deserve to be shot. You fucking faggot, that's one offer some other more deserving guy missed because of a retarded dumbfuck like you. Please do the work a favor and off yourself already.

>Fuck going into an orifice everyday

Man, If I could come into an orifice every day, I'd be pretty happy.

Kys worthless white. I already popped out my 5th black baby and I LOVE knowing your white male paycheck gets cut in half for me and my family that's replacing you

Sysadmins, network administrators and IT guys in general are red pilled as fuck.

Programmers, software developers and other CS cucks are typically faggots.

where? i need work

Fell for the career jew

Old people need to fuck off and die already. WAKE UP GRANDPA, NOBODY WANTS YOU AROUND ANYMORE

>>literally every interview is in a gay rehabbed loft playpen office where you can tell everyone just fucks around burning venture capital

>Muh fucking IT culture
>IT culture resembles parents basement

I agree. It's because millennials don't want to work. They want to hang out in their parents basement, so the office has turned into their parents basement.

I also hate that shit. I'd much rather just have a raise then a stupid item in the office I won't have time to use. It's literally just advertising for clients to make their staff seem "cool" and "hip", in reality, the actual workers never use it.

Maybe the mistake you're making is applying to "tech" companies. Truth is, tons of companies in every industry need automation.

I do automation for an aerospace manufacturer. It's pretty much what you're looking for.

Google

I only fuck old men because the 1 good things they Excel at is money. And they give it to me. I love it. I love using them like the worthless sheep they are

>faggot

You're such a retarded faggot. My question is, why? Why do you have to be such a faggot?

>and your tits are too big
fucking baloney tits classic

security consulting for small/midsize companies.
a lot of it is hardening servers, and systems architecture to protect customer data. It's shocking how bad of security some of these companies have. It's like they never even think of it until some asshole makes off with half their users' credit card info.

>I want work that has purpose

Then take a pay cut and do real work. Beat the rush before the tech bubble bursts and all the venture capital money dries up.