RETURN TO CATHOLICISM

WE MUST RESTORE THE TRUE CHRISTIANITY LIKE PIC RELATED

Other urls found in this thread:

prospect.org/article/next-christian-sex-abuse-scandal
themediareport.com/2013/10/02/evangelical-sex-abuse-worse-than-catholic-church/
catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2010/08/09/now-we-have-real-evidence-–-sexual-abuse-is-not-a-‘catholic-problem’/
catholiceducation.org/en/controversy/common-misconceptions/9-myths-about-priestly-pedophilia.html
awkwardmomentsbible.com/shocking-pastors-on-the-prowl/
themediareport.com/fast-facts/
shoebat.com/2014/05/06/sexual-abuse-protestant-churches-catholic/
christiancentury.org/article/2013-10/evangelicals-worse-catholics-sexual-abuse
cbsnews.com/news/has-media-ignored-sex-abuse-in-school/
lifesitenews.com/news/forgotten-study-abuse-in-school-100-times-worse-than-by-priests
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecclesiastical_response_to_Catholic_sexual_abuse_cases
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/release-fbi-documents-withheld-due-lack-public-interest
christianitytoday.com/history/2008/august/what-did-reformers-think-about-eastern-orthodox-church.html
hooktube.com/Hwk8n8eixBI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_opposition_to_papal_supremacy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_development_of_the_doctrine_of_papal_primacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Amen Cathobro. Join us on /christian/ and discord, links are in pic related. God bless!

no fuck religion

Born Catholic, became atheist, considered returning to the Church, see the Pope is a nigger loving cuck, nope out.

>governments are Christian
You know what governments necessarily do?
Sin.
Necessarily.
Nothing that is necessarily evil and sinful can be sanctioned by God, who condemns all sin.

Catholics aren't Christian

In 1309, the seat of the Papacy was moved from Rome to Avignon (France). Seven Popes were seated in Avignon until the seat was moved back to Rome in 1377. The entire justification for papal supremacy is based on the claim that the Pope is the Bishop of Rome with an unbroken line of succession of Bishops of Rome from St. Peter (the first Bishop of Rome)... Except that line of succession was broken nearly seven centuries ago during the Avignon Papacy. The Papist Church is a false church.

Heretics

God bless

Stop worshipping idols

>Supporting jews and pedos

Why?

Pic related is the Paul VI Audience Hall in the Vatican with the Pope seated at the mouth of the head of a snake

Here's a close up view of the demonic sculpture behind the seat of the Pope

Same exact process here, and I hate it.

Even the worst of leadership does not say anything of the legitimacy of the church institution and its usefulness.

Judaism is rejected and historically contended and pedophiles are less of a problem with the Catholic Church than most every other institution there is.

Even from the exterior the Paul VI Audience Hall in the Vatican unambiguously looks like a snake's head

>A jew defending pedophiles
What a (((coincidence)))

inb4
>the snake photo is a matter of lens perspective

I'm not Jewish and am not defending pedophiles.

>literally saying the opposite of the situation
>being this confused

>Jewish puppet who peddles sand paganism
>(((Wolfshiem)))
>Saying pedos are not a big problem in the Catholic church when it's well documented that the church has actively tried to cover up rampant sexual abuse

Really activated my almonds

>Judaism is rejected
False. From the Catechism of the Catholic Church #839:
>When she delves into her own mystery, the Church, the People of God in the New Covenant, discovers her link with the Jewish People, "the first to hear the Word of God." The Jewish faith, unlike other non-Christian religions, is already a response to God's revelation in the Old Covenant. To the Jews "belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ", "for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable."

>Jewish puppet who peddles sand paganism
This is begging the question.

>>(((Wolfshiem)))

Naming myself off of a misspelled famous story character name does not state my ethnicity.

>Saying pedos are not a big problem in the Catholic church when it's well documented that the church has actively tried to cover up rampant sexual abuse

Catholic priests do sexual assault at a smaller rate than school teachers and other denominations even when counting every single accusation for Catholics as legitimate. They just get all the attention because there was a cover up from some higher ups a decade or three ago and because of the importance of the church and the centralized nature of the church.

prospect.org/article/next-christian-sex-abuse-scandal

themediareport.com/2013/10/02/evangelical-sex-abuse-worse-than-catholic-church/

catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2010/08/09/now-we-have-real-evidence-–-sexual-abuse-is-not-a-‘catholic-problem’/

catholiceducation.org/en/controversy/common-misconceptions/9-myths-about-priestly-pedophilia.html

awkwardmomentsbible.com/shocking-pastors-on-the-prowl/

themediareport.com/fast-facts/

shoebat.com/2014/05/06/sexual-abuse-protestant-churches-catholic/

christiancentury.org/article/2013-10/evangelicals-worse-catholics-sexual-abuse

cbsnews.com/news/has-media-ignored-sex-abuse-in-school/

lifesitenews.com/news/forgotten-study-abuse-in-school-100-times-worse-than-by-priests

Further, they have done much to respond:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecclesiastical_response_to_Catholic_sexual_abuse_cases

You're buying stupid shit, user.

>Even the worst of leadership does not say anything of the legitimacy of the church institution and its usefulness.
False. From the Catechism of the Catholic Church #882:
>The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter's successor, "is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful." "For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered."
Also, see:
The Pope's authority is supposedly derived from the claim that he is the successor of St. Peter in an unbroken line of Bishops of Rome, except that line was broken during the Avignon Papacy, so the entire Roman Catholic Church is illegitimate.

ITT (((Wolfshiem))) and (((Cucktholicism))) BTFO

Wow thank you for the long post mr Rabbi, I'll be sure to read all of your (((unbiased))) sources. Your Jewish tri- I mean, the Catholicherald, has absolutely convinced me that priests are not pedophiles. Let's hope that the good news gets out to Guam and the rest of the world, because this news is hotter than a choir boy's ass, amirite?

Orthodox :DDD

>quote esteems Judaism as a preparation for Christianity like it was
That doesn't say anything against the claim that Judaism is rejected. Supposedly because it doesn't seem you know how Christianity rejects Judaism. Christianity understands Judaism as a preparation for Christianity and something already superceded by it, and with erasing the need for the distinct Jewish culture and identity. The line you quote is just esteeming them for their part.

>The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter's successor, "is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful." "For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered."

Literally none of this contends anything I said. Your line basically said "the pope is the leader of the earthly church and unites all the bishops and maintains all the powers of the office". I said "Even the worst of leadership does not say anything of the legitimacy of the church institution and its usefulness."

Do you see how this doesn't relate at all to what I said? You didn't contend me at all.

>quoting yourself

You have an ID.

>no argument, only trolling

I think (((Wolfshiem))) and the other (((Cucktholic))) posters left because they have been so thoroughly BTFO

Protestants aren't human

What is there to argue against? Fruit from the poisoned tree is poisoned fruit.

Shoo shoo, Schlomo.

>What is there to argue against?

The contrary claims and evidence against you. Do you intend to ignore the facts being against you?

>Protestants aren't human
>I say, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you.”
>Psalm 82:6
Sorry that you're missing out on the promises of Christ.

>anti sjw
>libertarian with an ancap flag
Great, the falseflaggers are real. Back to (((reddit))), minarchist scum.

Sure do, especially if it's a Jew who's saying them.
Don't you have some immigrant toes to suck on?

Sedevacantism
Sedevacantism
Sedevacantism
Sedevacantism
Sedevacantism

>Psalm 82:6

No, we are not "gods" in the sense that God is the supreme being and the source of all. We are, however, made in the image and likeness of God.

The Psalm verse in question is a reference to the judges of Israel who, since they exercised the divine prerogative to judge were called “gods." In the Psalm - if you read further - the judges are being condemned by God for their wicked judgments and God is reminding them that they shall face Him at the ultimate judgment.

I expected better. At least the anti-theists of old Sup Forums attempted to defend themselves. I will wait for when you are willing to stand up for your claims. Currently you just hide from criticism.

>That doesn't say anything against the claim that Judaism is rejected.
>"for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable."
Sure doesn't sound like rejection.

>Literally none of this contends anything I said. Your line basically said "the pope is the leader of the earthly church and unites all the bishops and maintains all the powers of the office". I said "Even the worst of leadership does not say anything of the legitimacy of the church institution and its usefulness."
>"For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered."
"Full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, [which can always be exercised unhindered]" definitely sounds like something that would put the legitimacy of the Church into question when in the hands of a communist faggot like Pope Francis. Not to mention the fact that the claim that he is a successor of St. Peter is itself FALSE as I have demonstrated () but you refuse to address directly and instead resort to casuistic misdirection by implying that quoting myself in order to bring attention to an unaddressed point is somehow inappropriate.

>No, we are not "gods" in the sense that God is the supreme being and the source of all. We are, however, made in the image and likeness of God.
I agree. My original post was a tongue-in-cheek response to an obvious troll (), but with an allusion to a deeper truth, namely the process of Theosis, which adherents of schismatic and heretical sects like the Roman Catholic "Church" and the various Protestant "Churches" and faith communities are missing out on.

Bump.

My only problem with the church is we've gone into a complete state of degeneracy because of shitty priests and vatican II

>Priest from my school just released book about how the church can improve relations with LGBTQWERTY community
>Many priests are left leaning
>women are allowed to wear yoga pants and daisy dukes to church
>Most catholic women use contraception

I'm really tempted to go orthodox honestly. Much more conservative

>I'm really tempted to go orthodox honestly.
Come home brother in Christ

>Sure doesn't sound like rejection.

Right, neither is that small section an affirmation. What do you think that line you quote even says?

>"for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable"
>we cannot take away what God has provided to you

Seriously, are you just leaning on text that sounds sort of useful without actually reading it?

>...definitely sounds like something that would put the legitimacy of the Church into question when in the hands of a communist faggot like Pope Francis.

The authority that the church is built from is given with a promise that God protect the church from its own destruction and protects doctrine. So by Catholic's own views this is impossible.

Further, even ignoring that, thinking the position being powerful and the person in the position being shit doesn't say anything of the church's legitimacy as the pope does not create doctrine nor provide the grace at the sacraments, and from worship.

Grace and authority do not come from them but from God.

>Not to mention the fact that the claim that he is a successor of St. Peter is itself FALSE

The post I am just now seeing for the first time. I don't get the criticism:

The successors of St. Peter have an unbroken chain of passing down authority but because they moved to France for a short time for political reasons the chain is no long valid? That makes no sense at all. He was still the Bishop of Rome. He just moved his court out of Rome. When the pope at any time leaves Rome and stays at a hotel is he changing the nature of his office? It makes no sense at all.

You're grasping at straws.

Now that's some funposting right there. How is the Patriarch of Istanbul doing anyway?

Agreed, though Catholic seems like a good alternative.

>Orthodoxy

cool meme bro

But no one who wasn't born into an Orthodox culture is going to become Orthodox. The Orthodox themselves are distrustful of outside converts, and conversion rarely happens.

See, Orthodox Christianity is a cultural curiosity, much like Hinduism or Shinto. It's a belief system tied to ethnicity. Justt like how Hinduism is part of Indian culture and Shinto is part of Japanese culture, Orthodoxy is just another facet of many slavic cultures.

And that is fine. I respect Orthodox culture and would be delighted if it came into full communion with Rome.
But Roman Catholicism is something else entirely. It is not just another culture bound religion. It is a truly universal ("i.e. "catholic") institution. Orthodoxy hasn't left the borders of the countries it was established in. Roman Catholicism has been spread to the far corners of the earth, from the Nordic countries, to the Middle East, to the Far East, Africa, and the New World. History has shown that Orthodoxy is not nearly as interested in spreading its faith. Only Roman Catholicism (and to a lesser extant, some Protestant faiths) have ever engaged in such aggressive evangelisation. And why? Because it is the true Church of Christ. One, holy, catholic and apostolic.

>The Rod and the Ring will strike!

ITS TOO LATE! WE'RE ALREADY WORKING ON THE FORMULA!

>Seriously, are you just leaning on text that sounds sort of useful without actually reading it?
I am responding to your claim that:
>Judaism is rejected
in response to the poster who said that (((Cucktholics))) support (((Jews))) (). In the Catechism of the Catholic Church #839 it says that:
>When she delves into her own mystery, the Church, the People of God in the New Covenant, discovers her link with the Jewish People, "the first to hear the Word of God." The Jewish faith, unlike other non-Christian religions, is already a response to God's revelation in the Old Covenant. To the Jews "belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ"
This is a far cry from the traditional Christian understanding of (((Jews))) as being entirely cut off from salvation apart from Jesus Christ and his Church:
>And all the people answered, “His blood be on us and on our children!”
>Matthew 27:25

Yes. Return to catholicism, oh you poor, long-lost protestants. Adore the monstrance, call us father, pray to the Queen of Heaven, and prepare your hearts for the coming of the antichrist.

>He was still the Bishop of Rome. He just moved his court out of Rome.
According to the Code of Canon Law, a bishop must reside in his own diocese and cannot be away from it for a period longer than one month nor be absent from it on Christmas Day, Holy Week, Easter Sunday, Pentecost, or Corpus Christi:
>Can. 395 §1 The diocesan Bishop is bound by the law of personal residence in his diocese, even if he has a coadjutor or auxiliary Bishop.
>§2 Apart from the visit 'ad limina', attendance at councils or at the synod of Bishops or at the Episcopal Conference, at which he must be present, or by reason of another office lawfully entrusted to him, he may be absent from the diocese, for a just reason, for not longer than one month, continuously or otherwise, provided he ensures that the diocese is not harmed by this absence.
>§3 He is not to be absent from his diocese on Christmas Day, during Holy Week, or on Easter Sunday, Pentecost and Corpus Christi, except for a grave and urgent reason.
>§4 If the Bishop is unlawfully absent from the diocese for more than six months, the Metropolitan is to notify the Holy See. If it is the Metropolitan who is absent, the senior suffragan is to do the same.

>How is the Patriarch of Istanbul doing anyway?
He is bearing his cross the way all Christians are called to.

>This is a far cry from the traditional Christian understanding of (((Jews))) as being entirely cut off from salvation apart from Jesus Christ and his Church:

The line is literally just giving praise to the Jewish people for their covenant before. It says nothing one way or another related to salvation nor its relation to the New Covenant.

>According to the Code of Canon Law...
>According to this non-doctrinal church rules that are regulated by the pope and curia
>that can and has been altered several times since the 14th century when the initial supposed breach of law had occurred

user, I believe you may be mistaken here and your point is hardly a point at all.

"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves." ~ Lenin

Of course Satan has taken control over the Roman Catholic Church in this fallen world. Only to obfuscate the truth that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and the Savior of mankind.

Revelations 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

How did a 2,000 year old book know that this world would be controlled by FAKE Jews (Khazars, historically worshippers of Baal i.e. the Devil) who head the global banking cartel enslaving humanity with $250+ trillion in debt while they simultaneously print money from thin air? He who controls the money controls the world. They are sucking humanity dry with their vampiric system of usury, pulling the strings of governments worldwide, and starting wars of global imperialism in a giant real-life game of RISK.

Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil...

Remember... one of the last things Jesus did before he was arrested and crucified, was to whip the moneylenders from the temple of God, overturning their tables and dumping out their bags of money.

Come to Jesus Christ user, we are living in the end times. Jesus Christ is your Savior, do not turn away, pick up your Bible and read the words of Christ.

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/release-fbi-documents-withheld-due-lack-public-interest

You are just regurgitating (((Cucktholic)))/(((Jesuit))) propaganda. Do the actual research. Read the Bible, the Church Fathers, the seven Ecumenical Councils, and Church history. You will see that the Orthodox Church is the true Church: the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, with the true Faith and the true Sacraments. Do not let the (((Cucktholic))) accounting tricks to inflate membership numbers fool you:
>Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
>Matthew 7:13-14

I'm doing it as well. I'm just starting.

my bunghole still hasn't returned to original size

It's funny that pol talks down degeneracy and gays but doesn't say dick about the rampant child molestation in the catholic church

what did he mean by this?

Might I recommend the Orthodox Study Bible (it has none of the books removed, and all the included notes and commentaries are taken from the Church Fathers rather than modern/revisionist (((Jesuit))) sources) and you can get the e-book for just $2.99. Also, check out the Fount of Knowledge by St. John of Damascus for a good summary of the Orthodox faith. May God bless you brother.

I thought we were taught to not trust the snek

I was born a mischling, was baptized in a Protestant Church, and I'm currently drawn to the Orthodox Church. No pope, no cuckery, no disunity. It's the most consistently based form of Christianity.

Also, according to the Bible, anyone who accepts Christ is saved, but you can't sell me on Catholicism as I regard the history of the Catholic Church and all this popery/papist nonsense.

A Christian is a Christian, period, but the Catholic Church has gotten too cozy with the left with all this liberation theology BS and these popes who were basically among the most deceitful, decadent, malicious leaders of their time before the Thirty Years' War put Rome in check.

And never forget that but for Rome sacking Constantinople, Anatolia would still be a part of Christendom.

Armeinans, Goergians, Ethiopians, Greeks are predominantly Orthodox Christian, so its not only for Slavs. Orthodox is a best choice for American newcomers to Christianity because the most of other serious communities are too hostile to rest or certain groups of people.

Judge a religion by it's saints and not by those who defile its teachings. The Catholic Church is the one Church which Christ founded.

>I'm really tempted to go orthodox honestly. Much more conservative
There is a delusion from people in the West that Orthos are perfectly trad. But look at Russia. Like 10% Church attendance and the highest abortion rate in the world.

That nose though

I have done the research, I have read the Bible, and I do know history.

I know that since the founding of the Church, all the Bishops and Patriarchs acknowledged the authority of the Bishop of Rome as the successor of Peter. The Church Fathers wrote about. Epistles between the Bishop of Rome and the other Bishops show a clear master-subordinate tone.

What else am I supposed to think when I see that?

Also, what do you expect me to do if you somehow managed to convince me that I am right? Head on down to my local Armenian Orthodox church and ask if they would take me? And hope they have services in English? I'd probably be the only Anglo in the pews.
I'd feel more at home in a truly catholic Catholic church.

Thanks, I was actually looking at that one. Money here is no object. I wouldn't mind spending more money on the church's well being and material benefit as well as some good reading,given the amount I've squandered on frivolities over the past few years.

Good one

To add to that, Luther had positive feelings towards the Orthodox Church. Interesting.
christianitytoday.com/history/2008/august/what-did-reformers-think-about-eastern-orthodox-church.html

Also, never forget Vlad the Impaler was Orthodox.

Apostolic succession is a bad meme

>be Romania
>Vlad's father killed
>countrymen enslaved, physically neutered and/or raped
>Vlad escapes
>Old Order of the Dragon buddies help out
>Repulse Ottomans

Vlad was the good guy. It's politically correct leftists that tried to define him, as well as the inquisition that saved the Iberians, as evil. The Muslims invaded his country first and he liberated them. The idea to put people on pikes wasn't even his own-it's something he witnessed when he was captured and he remembered it when it came time for revenge.

I'm just posting all that so people don't get the wrong idea about him

That´s the actual point of view due to mason´s

But agovernment can have Christian guidence

>user, I believe you may be mistaken here and your point is hardly a point at all.
Do you sincerely believe that while in Avignon (long before Popemobiles and Twitter existed) the Pope was capable of serving the diocese of Rome as bishop in the way that Jesus intended (feeding and taking care of his lambs and sheep)? Literally hundreds of miles away from his flock (as Bishop of Rome) for nearly 70 years, not present to administer Sacraments, not present for Christmas Day or Holy Week or Easter. This is not a shepherd. This is a worldly political figure that usurped the Christian religion and manipulated an ill-informed and gullible populace to increase his power, status, and wealth. You can convince yourself with your satanic (((pilpul))), but you are not convincing any of the other anons you're trying to convert wgo

Their positive feelings were motivated by ignorance, not familiarity.

Jesus said, if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy yourself one. He knew what was coming to his followers. And when you read into his "turn the other cheek" comments, in the original language and with the original context, it paints a completely different picture. He wasn't asking us to be surrender monkeys, but telling us to know when to humble ourselves against the blind impulse of revenge.

Again, I love good Catholic Christians. I simply ask them to study history and reevaluate their choice of church. The Bible warned us about the dangers of concentrated human authority.

Based Protestantism or Orthodox are the best options. The Catholic hierarchy and the Pope have not a bad word to say about the globalist agenda, and are constantly embroiled in pedo/Satanic shit at the highest levels. I'm not trying to beat down on good Catholics, but you all need to see the forest through the trees.

Quid in irrumabo iustus fucking tu de me dicis, non parum canis! Ego pol illum non nosti lectus summo genere meo in classe signaculis et audivi Ego numerosis iam involved in secretum incursiones in Al-Quaeda, et confirmati sunt super CCC necat. Ego sum exercitatus sum et in bellica orci pellentesque in summo totius US milites. Nihil autem iustus es mihi alium scopum. Extergimus in vos et irrumabo cum praecisione et similia, quae numquam visa sunt ante hac Tellure, pone cor meum fucking verba. Vos can adepto vestri puto stercore ad me dicens evacuandam de Internet? Atqui putate: fututor. Contactus network of secretum meum mihi loqui sicut et nos exploratores trans USA et quod rectum est IP nunc et para te ad melius tempestas, vermibus. Delet enim dicis misellus tempestate paulum tuis. Vestri 'stupri mortuis malit haedo. Possum quoquam quisquam et interficiat vos septem centum et ultricies nuda manu. Non solum late exercitati in armis sum infligere possunt, sed in integrum arma Civitatibus Foederatis Americae accessum habemus Marine et uti suum plenum vestra extergimus in quantum miseri solitarius in facie continere non parum stercore.

Actually, I myself started attending Orthodox liturgy only weeks ago, having been Baptist originally. I wanted a church that did more to honor the relationship of Christ, not just the conversion.

I think it's dangerous to think that a church's faith can be represented by the number of converts; after all, I wouldn't call Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses true churches. Perhaps that's why I group them in with Catholicism.

Please elaborate.

And while you're at it, give me some biblical basis for the selling of indulgences. "Give us, a man-made institution which effectively functions as a self-interested imperial state, as much of your dough as you can part with to spare yourself as much punishment as possible in the afterlife. We're the official, designated intermediaries between you and God and can put in good word for you of course."

Thank God for Martin Luther.

Nah mate. Catholicism worships idols, humans, uses Satanic imagery and wants to bring about a one world religion. They even think Peter is the gentiles apostle :L :L False doctrine.

hooktube.com/Hwk8n8eixBI

>I know that since the founding of the Church, all the Bishops and Patriarchs acknowledged the authority of the Bishop of Rome as the successor of Peter. The Church Fathers wrote about. Epistles between the Bishop of Rome and the other Bishops show a clear master-subordinate tone.
This is simply not true. Since you are not providing any specific evidence to support your claim for me to respond to, I will direct you to this article to address some of the common misunderstandings about the role of the Patriarch of Rome in the early Church:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_opposition_to_papal_supremacy

The needed service of the pope is to resolve matters of faith and morals, his legitimacy as Peter's successor doesnt vanish when he steps outside rome. His authority follows with him. Peter himself was not initially stationed at rome but antioch. He left that position for rome.

Pope Clement I, within the Church's first century of existence, was already instructing other churches on doctrine with his letter to Corinth. Later Pope Victor demonstrates his authority over the cgurchew of asia minor by threatening excommunication to continued disobedience.

>Please elaborate.
The reformers did not know very much about Eastern Orthodoxy, so they assumed similarity on most subjects. They can be excused for this, the vast majority of western Orthos are ignorant about the fundamentals of their religion, and really Western at heart. Take the Ortho leaf ITT for instance, who clearly is very much so influenced by Protestantism.
>And while you're at it, give me some biblical basis for the selling of indulgences
What makes you think I'm a papist?
>Thank God for Martin Luther
Amen.
>I myself started attending Orthodox liturgy
Stop that. The Eastern Orthodox Church is an apostate church, preaching not only idolatry and a different gospel, but also a different God.

There was no bishop of Rome in those days. The Roman church was still governed by a council of equal bishops. Clement was simply the elder in charge of correspondence with other churches, as Hermas attests.

No, they are, and that's the problem.

Look to Emperor Julian.

>Posting a wikipedia link

I genuinely respect this.
Too many arguments just devolve into sniping with hyperlinks.
Why waste time going through the motions arguing?

Here is the artical abbout papal primacy which has all the information about why Catholics believe it to be true:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_development_of_the_doctrine_of_papal_primacy

There. We will let wikipedia argue for us.

Holy shit, is this a joke post? You must have autism

>Peter himself was not initially stationed at rome but antioch. He left that position for rome.
See the quote from the Catechism of the Catholic Church here:
The Pope must be the Bishop of Rome according to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Furthermore, according to Lumen gentium, the dogmatic constitution on the Church from the Second Vatican Council:
>A bishop, since he is sent by the Father to govern his family, must keep before his eyes the example of the Good Shepherd, who came not to be ministered unto but to minister, and to lay down his life for his sheep. Being taken from among men, and himself beset with weakness, he is able to have compassion on the ignorant and erring. Let him not refuse to listen to his subjects, whom he cherishes as his true sons and exhorts to cooperate readily with him. As having one day to render an account for their souls, he takes care of them by his prayer, preaching, and all the works of charity, and not only of them but also of those who are not yet of the one flock, who also are commended to him in the Lord. Since, like Paul the Apostle, he is debtor to all men, let him be ready to preach the Gospel to all, and to urge his faithful to apostolic and missionary activity. But the faithful must cling to their bishop, as the Church does to Christ, and Jesus Christ to the Father, so that all may be of one mind through unity, and abound to the glory of God.
Therefore, a bishop cannot fulfill his duties to his diocese while residing hundreds of miles away for a period of nearly 70 years, especially before the existence of Popemobiles and Twitter.

Gay

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"saved through faith" well it looks like you don't have to do any works. "gift of God" you don't work for gifts you just accept them otherwise it isn't a gift. "not of works" well that's pretty clear you don't need to do works. "lest anyman should boast" just like the guys in
Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.(see John 6:38-40 for the Father's will)
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
It looks like those people were boastimg and relying on their works "done many wonderful works" AND they had faith "in thy name". But Jesus still told them to fuck off.
Looks like relying on your works like orthodox and catholics do has you NOT enter Heaven

Jesus said they work iniquity because thy rely on their works. Let's see what happens to people that work iniquity.
Matthew 13
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

By all means, make a case against the Orthos for me. My current perception is, and feel free to dispel all of that, that Orthos have been the least corrupted, and have maintained the high church and the tradition without selling out to the system. From my study, they are most in line with original Christian practice, and managed to maintain tradition and the high church without the Roman Catholic papacy BS. Never an imperial power dominating the affairs of other countries, solely dedicated to the Word regardless of whatever troubles and politics beset them, and completely immune to the post-modern intellectual virus.

It's no coincidence that Luther and his people reached out to the Orthodox and sought to form a communion.

1. Is it a moral sin to watch porn?
2. Is it a moral sin to go 3rd base with girls (BJs and eating her out)?
3. Is it a venial sin to think about women everyday?
4. Im 18, go to Catholic church everyday 6:00pm, should I confess about my addictions?

Apostate church. No man can forgive you, stop worshiping Mary, there is no purgatory, and how can you ever justify indulgences? The Catholic church is Satan's right hand man and always has been.

Yes
Yes
Yes
And yes.

If you are living in sin, frequent confession is good.

Also, if you fall into mortal sin, abstain from the Eucharist and ask your confessor what to do next.

Thank you

heretics

lol, what a bunch of bull

>that Orthos have been the least corrupted
They are highly corrupted. They believe, much like Catholics, that to be saved a man must assent to and co-operate with the grace of God, so that his salvation is placed in his own hands. By sinning greatly, they believe this nullifies the grace of God and that therefore they must stay in righteous living to be saved. This is contrary to scripture, which says "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus".
Not to mention the rank idolatry they practice and encourage.
>maintained the high church and the tradition without selling out to the system
Define "the system". But the only concern a Christian should have with this is if such practice and tradition is consistent with scripture, which it is not.
>From my study, they are most in line with original Christian practice
And why, pray tell, have you been studying something other than scripture to see what the original Christian practice was?
>managed to maintain tradition and the high church without the Roman Catholic papacy BS
But they still claim ecclesiastical decree has the power to bind the conscience
>solely dedicated to the Word
No, they are also dedicated to their tradition which they have passed down.
>and completely immune to the post-modern intellectual virus
Do not confuse wellness before infection with immunity.
>It's no coincidence that Luther and his people reached out to the Orthodox and sought to form a communion.
Indeed, as I already said, they were most ignorant.

your post shows you know nothing about christianity.
the fact that so many americans think scriptures are above church is proof how cancerous new american christianity is.
god did not leave the bible on the earth, he left his church. church compiled the fucking bible 300 years later to stave off fucking heretics like you. interpreting bible on your own is what causes thousands of denominations in us.