Why aren't you prepping Sup Forums?

you should be stocking up on water, bullets and food, and learning survival skills.

Other urls found in this thread:

lifestraw.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How good is that book?

I'm not a shill, but it could save your life.

I thought Sup Forums was pretty prepared

I cant be the only person using a well packed B.O.B as a footrest right now can I?

There's a market for this stuff, and I want to know how it compares. I'm assuming if you're into this you're read a couple so where does this fall?

more important is location

So good. I love how the cover is rubberized or some shit.

One of the first things you learn is that "No plan survives contact with the enemy".

Lmao, not having a survival warehouse.

I got the one that had a compass in the cover. Picked it up at Ollies on the cheap. Excellent book. Taught me how to orienteer

nice waterproof version.

I bought a huge box of MREs from MREStar. Nice.

How the fuck do I prep if Im in college and don't have much money to spend? Location Lubbock. Am I fucked?

water filer straw, mre's, chlorine pills, emergency break out bag, something you can grab in a clinch stacked with supplies, like a day pack

Get small important shit the best you can. Cheap stuff. Even a cheap knife is better than no knife.

Because I hate this place and want to die.
>Off yourself then!
Sin.

test

yes the ancient craft of American white trash

living is white trash, cool shit post

I have rope, booze, and razor blades.
Fuck surviving, when shit hits the fan I'm not sticking around.

You're not justifying your "meat rabbits" and store brand canned food under the guise of "survival"

Sounds like a waste.

So what are some good supplies? I want to invest in some MREs but I was also looking at Patriots Pantry for long lasting food. But what about protein fixes? Or how do I clean dirty water? Any good places to start?

rabbits will give you diarrhea if you eat them too much, thus will kill you, and you would learn that in this book, they are too lean.

learning to fish and orienteering, basic shelter and what plants to eat or avoid is in there.

chlorine pills and a portable water filter are the most important thing you can have, know where a water supply is the most important knowledge, if there are no threats of course.

Any good suggestions for water filters? All I ever seem to find are meant for sinks

I'll be honest, you should be fine in Lubbock. Most people there are based pedes, so life would go on unless the government collapsed.
Texas Tech is actually fairly conservative for a college, and its fairly secluded location makes it one of the safest colleges (in this context) in the nation.

Why prep when I can just rob preppers?

simply google water straw on amazon, check the reviews, you can get a decent one for 30 bucks. You can get a more elaborate system, but it is more space in your break out bag.

ultimately you are looking for something that is compact and will get you safe for 3 days until you can find something else. Either safety, where you can boil water, or a better filter, etc.

most preppers have a gun, which is essential, compact pistol and ammo.

Huh how effective is boiling water? Do you need a filter to strain out the particles or something? Have to look into life straws too.

My girlfriend just bought me this book today! Weird

So when I cum on it will it be easy to wipe off?

Boiling only kills bacteria, if there are chemicals in the water boiling won't do anything about that. You need a very good filter to remove nasty chemicals. Like you can't just boil Houston water right now because it also has gasoline and oil and other chemicals leaking into it.

too apathetic

I have a very large greenhouse taking up about half my back yard, plenty of seed, well over a hundred mason jars, a food dehydrator, and everything I need for pickling.
I've also got three pet hens that give me a steady supply of fresh eggs.

This isn't even prep work. I just have hobbies.

Life straw my nigguh

lifestraw.com/

It will.

I own the hardcover and soft cover, the hardcover is bigger, and the rubber has like flat dots of rubber pattern, the whole cover is rubber though. Wish it had waterproof pages.

soft cover is something you can shove in your pants pocket, and about half the size, like field manual quick reference book.

Coming from a guy who lived in Lubbock for 21 years and graduated from Tech, Lubbock is the best place to be in the US if the world comes close to ending. Whatever causes it will most likely start so far away and will reach Lubbock last, whether its a war on US soil, epidemic, etc.

hi joe rogan ;p

Start small. Have backups for your commonly used stuff, maybe a flash drive filled up with documents and manuals 'just in case'. Exactly what you need is heavily dependent on your location and actual budget. Basic things like a good Multi-tool/Knife, some medical supplies, and one of those life-straw type water filters. All of these can be rather cheap, and Amazon is your friend.

Hit the gym. All the gear in the world won't save you if you're a 300 lb neckbeard and get winded walking 50 ft. Improving your own health is preparedness. Also, If you don't already have it, get at least rudimentary experience with firearms, bows, and other hunting and self defense tools. Learn how to maintain them as well.

If all you can afford to put away is a can of food a day; that's 365 cans in a year; and depending on what you store; you'll have stockpiled 2-4 months of food. The mountains of dehydrated food you see people talk about are just one way of doing it.

As you get more money you can then decide just how far you want to go, some are happy just having extra supplies if the power goes out while others go off and build bunkers.

> Cheap
Water purification tablets, ProSip/Clean Sip straws (~$12, check amazon)
> Good
Lifestraw, Sawyer mini filter, Chinese water filter pens (Knock off lifestraws), most hiking filter bottles.These remove everything except viruses and dissolved contaminants. Usually lightweight. Good choice for most people when combined with purification tablets.
> Great
Hiking water filters. MSR Waterworks / Guardian, Katydyn filters. Remove all of the above as well as chemicals, thanks to integrated carbon filters.
> Prepper tier
Berkey Gravity Filters, Seychelle, Pro Pur, distillation units. For hospital grade H2O. Will stop you turning gay if you're a frog.

To continue on with this point..

Look at a brand called Mora. For like $15 you can get a quality knife.

I've already got it planned out, thanks.
Rifle, laptop and hundreds of million dollar boats to choose from.

Prepping isn’t just “36 years worth of MREs, LOL!”
Arguably, knowledge is just as important.

Here’s a sanitation tip for you city dwelling deplorables: make a simple dry toilet.
5-gallon bucket, plastic bag liner, and something that absorbs moisture (cat litter or sawdust works well; even soil, perlite, vermiculite will work in a pinch).
Put about 2 inches of it in the bottom of the bucket, inside the bag.
NEVER piss in this toilet—liquid helps shit to decompose, and is what causes latrines to reek.
Take a dump, and then cover it. You can pull the seat off your real toilet and set it on top of the bucket for more comfort.
Keep the bucket covered when not in use, or else flies will lay eggs and the maggots will eat your shit and create moisture that will cause the whole thing to stink.
It’ll take roughly 2 weeks to fill, for one person.
When about 80% full, pull the bag out and tie it off leaving as little air as possible inside, then stash the bag somewhere it won’t be accidentally torn open. Put it inside a second bag, if you have enough to spare.

You’re welcome.

Fucking Americans, you guys make me laugh. Living in a constant state of fear. Just hanging around waiting for the end of the world. Get a fucking life you losers. The only thing you lot have to fear is yourselves and your own stupidity.

pussy

I own this book. One of the original copies as well.

Second tip for cityfags: emergency power.

I know everyone loves to talk about “muh generator”, but how many really have one, or a place to use one?
Look at Houston right now. A whole house backup generator would likely be underwater if you needed it right now, and trying to power up your home when it’s got 2-3’ of water in it is probably not such a good idea.
A portable generator would be fine, but it needs to be run in very well ventilated areas so you don’t kill yourself with carbon monoxide from the exhaust, plus the cheap ones are fuckhuge.
Honda makes a great line of truly portable generators, but they start at $800 for 1000 Watts, and you need to have fuel stored or they’re useless.

Prioritize your emergency power needs. Communication and lighting would be my first concerns.
Smaller electronics have been migrating towards USB (5V) power for years.
There are bright as hell (900 lumens and up) flashlights that have a built in USB charger for their 18650 battery and can also use a pair of CR123 batteries as backup fuel. $30-50
A headlamp is useful as fuck so that you can use both hands. Black Diamond makes one that runs on 3 rechargeable AAA batteries and has a USB input that allows the headlamp to double as a charger for those batteries. $60
A simple USB rechargeable AM/FM radio that also has a hand crank for charging would be a good idea.
You can start cheap by getting a USB battery pack that is usually used to charge a cel phone. It can be used to charge your lights as well, and could keep you in power for a few days if used sparingly. $20-120
For longer term outages, you can get an AGM battery that’s about 100Ah at 12V for under $200 and use a simple charger for auto batteries to keep it topped off for emergencies. Get a set of clamp on cables that have a 12V to USB inverter and you can use this to charge your lights, phone, and portable battery packs for a few weeks.

I'd like to know too.
What's the one best book for this sort of thing?

I am. Tyrone is getting pumped for session #3 tonight with my SO.
He's even wearing a MAGA hat. I feel so lucky that we have so many BASED black men.

fwiw that book is available on thepiratebay