Uh-

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5pF477abcPE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_fire
youtube.com/watch?v=X3i_Mn77O98
youtube.com/watch?v=2LRz0dqgcpI
theintercept.com/2017/03/24/a-louisiana-town-plagued-by-pollution-shows-why-cuts-to-the-epa-will-be-measured-in-illnesses-and-deaths/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

big bada boom

A fire won't be much of an issue, look at all that water around

And so it begins

Chemical fire, user.

This will start the zombie apocalypse.

youtu.be/5pF477abcPE

>No way to prevent fire
>The company said

IE, we fucked up, now you the taxpayer are going to pay for it. We get a bailout. We line our pockets. You pay. It's the American Dream.

Maybe it's turning out not to be a good idea to put highly explosive industries by the sea anymore. As I remember this didn't work out quite well for Japan either.

>yfw people were smarter than you over 1000 years ago
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_fire

Did you even read about it? They didn't fuck up, there is no power of fuel for the backup generators. The chemical they produces catches fire without refrigeration. Quit being a retard.

There better be a bunch of cameras pointed at it.

>haHAA I was just pretending to be retarded!!!1

>giving American posters the benefit of the doubt

>A blast of fire
>Flood
>The belly of the dragon will drip water

My thoughts as well.

>no fuel for genorators
>Not their fault
Begone shill

How much of Texas will be affected by these chemicals?

I hope a bunch of Niggers die

about tree fiddy

Omg. This cant be true.

Ecological Industrial Terrorism.

well, i'd say dow is getting more market share then, except they're just as fucked. Do you niggers have any idea how bad this hurricane is for manufacturing? this is a nightmare that is going to impact the whole economy. the entire plastics industry is fucked.

link ar-chive?

mmm, peroxides give a nice bang. that plant is doomed, even if the water recedes, considering a 2 mile evac radius, no one will go in there to repair the cooling systems as it would be suicidal. what's happening at the nuclear plant near Houston?

Bait aside, how bad could this be for Houston?

"oh em gee"
it isnt, retard.

Looks like it is

you're a retard. their cooling units are failing. the arekema site in houston is a polymer resin and additives site. my guess is we're going to see rapid exothermic polymerization due to chemical stabilizers failing at rising temps. this isn't the company's fault. its the fault of a fuck huge storm that destroyed the fucking region.

are you literally retarded?

>Omg. This cant be true.

yes he is. he thinks all "corporations" are like, the man, dude.

Would not "a blast of fire" have to come from the head so Canada or the east U.S. coast?

>that pic
cute

Summer's coming who's /comfy/
youtube.com/watch?v=X3i_Mn77O98

>company makes living producing and storing hazardous materials
>fails to store them safely during a routine weather event
Man, have you guys ever been so kiked you actually defended a (((corporation))) on kneejerk reaction alone?

>thing blows up
>bunch of black people die
>trump gets blamed

calling it
youtube.com/watch?v=2LRz0dqgcpI

I don't even know why you would troll about something like this. Peoples livelyhoods are going to be fucked by this. KYS you fucking ingrate.

Then maybe they should've thought twice before storing explosive materials in unsafe conditions that they knew they would have to face at one point or another right next to the goddamned ocean. This is Capitalism, the organism that was this business failed, and pursuant to its failure it shall be met with consumer distrust.

Couldn't just stock some fucking gas in the back, could they?

You referring to Fukushima?

Keko.
But no, talking about the time they had a bunch of industries blow up during the tsunami.

I guess but that's not what the prophecy spoke of. If you make your own let us know, I'll keep track of it.

fffffffffffffffffffff

oh so you're a highschool communist. You don't know shit about the industry you fucking parasite. We make everything you fucking touch. Pick up a book and learn about how the things around you are made you fucking mouth to feed.

Wait how is capitalism to blame for this?

>we make shit
>therefore you can't complain when our factories catch on fire because we didn't store chemicals safely

They did a thing that was incorrect while trying to maintain the best cost benefit margin they could have leading to unsafe conditions that could have been entirely avoided?

Not really a problem with capitalism unless we bail them out like fucking idiots. They can starve, and that's capitalism being performed properly, the same way that all the (((banks))) should've collapsed in 08 and stayed that way.

>have days of warning
>do litteraly nothing to prepare
>Ooooh noo i guess the goyim will have to bail us out
>on top of it you get a huge very easily preventable environmental disaster
>i-Its not their fault!

you're right. they were audited by OHSA, closed the site for upgrades worth millions and reoppened after closing the critical gaps. has there been flooding like now in the area in the last 100 years? I guess not, hence it won't be a hazard discussed during HAZOP's.

>unsafe conditions that could have been entirely avoided?
Your basically saying never build anything anywhere, because natural disasters are natural.

Or, maybe, utilize the vast industries we have dedicated to proofing such materials from such hazardous conditions, as we have since these separated industries looked across the street and saw a beneficial business arrangement.

Or maybe we could just say fuck it and try our absolute least, it's no big deal, the goyim are paying for it.

>100 years

contingencies must be made for thousand-year plans for facilities like this

funny how they didn't look back into the last 2 decades, then

>routine weather event

purposefully facetitous.

yeah, it's extra funny how people are directly going to die and get cancer for this and nobody will ever be held responsible

we should be stringing politicians up by their necks to craft laws not allowing facilities like this anywhere near any flood zone, but nothing will happen

Right, how could we ever consider option 3 where they spend pocket change to prevent an exploding chemical factory

Why don't we just make planes out of the stuff they make black boxes from? Then planes would never fall from the sky, right?

You can't plan for an entire fucking city being under 112 feet of water. You might as well build a city on the bottom of Lake Michigan for what it would cost.

>hurricanes have a season
>Houston is well known for flooding
It wasn't planned, but that didn't make it out of the routine, did it, dumbass.

Yes you goddamn can, you idiot. The solution? Don't be anywhere near the goddamned water. It ain't hard, it's not going very far. Fuckin aussie ought to know this, Christ.

It overtopped the 1000 year dam, user. Mother nature was going to have her vengeance no matter what we did. Nobody expected something this massive.

Notice how long the place held out too, that's a credit to them. It's completely submerged and still hasn't blown. If it was anything less than quite this insanity they'd be fine.

>It overtopped the 1000 year dam, user

oh you mean like a 50 year dam?

>Don't be anywhere near the goddamned water.

I guess all of human history is one big bunch of retards building all their cities by water. Wonder if there's other good reasons for that?

Fucking armchair whatever you're trying to be, you're a retard, nobody saw this coming, nobody could've prevented it, if you want to do something useful to help, go manage social media channels where people need rescue.

I will remind you that when faced with the possibility of lawsuits for non-compliance, BP of Texas City decided that their lawyers were so good that any settlement costs would be far lower than the cost of compliance. Cancer was already in the air before Harvey. They call that whole region Cancer Alley for a reason.

looks like kek's giving us a sign of his return

>Why don't we just make planes out of the stuff they make black boxes from?
Because titanium is a fucking heavy material to build a fuselage out of, retard.

yes, but statistics from the old days are unreliable and any constructions to alter the offlow can have an impact. that's why 100 years. HATOP's are never perfect, there's always gaps. Fukushima and this event are prime examples.

That's my point, it's impractical, just like it's impractical to plan for a city being under 100ft of water.

>nobody saw this coming
Except for the meteorologists, architects, city planners, everyone who lives in the area, anyone who's had the news for the last fifty years, and Martin Shkreli.

We can transport materials. There is literally NO good reason to have toxic materials that are difficult to store in a location that even CAN flood like this, let alone one that does with regularity.

Maybe try shitposting instead, your people are a lot better at that.

As a fellow burger, could you be a little less retarded? The colonial powers are sneering at us again...

It's cool Finland, I was just asking. Not one for prognostication, just musing.

But if the city can be under that much water, the only solution is you don't build the fucking city, numb nuts. If everything about your dream home is perfect except it's overrun by a pack of feral redguards, you don't goddamn move in because it's still wholly unlivable.

Because unintelligent proles would be able to form a better plan.

Why don't you go get yourself elected if you have all the answers then

don't worry u guys the free market will fix this, like it solves all other problems.

Is there a webcam of the plant? would love to see it explode live

Americans still getting punished by Harvey? Little rain and already 1st world country exploding.

Because, mongo, black boxes are actually a composition of not only titanium(a light, strong, VERY EXPENSIVE alloy) but energy-attenuating layers, with kinetic shock-resistant media in a water-tight container.

Glad to see reading comprehension hasn't really improved here.

lily ivy

I want off this ride

>nobody saw this coming, nobody could've prevented it

I saw this coming. 12 years ago I took part in the Rita evacuation and I understood finally that the city I grew up in, where I had spent most of my life up until that point, was a death trap. I understood that I would eventually die there if I stayed. So I left for a country that I remembered only from my childhood memories, of visiting my grandparents on my birthday and nothing more. I saw this coming, damn it, and I did what I could to escape it. I realized I didn't have the resources or the persuasive power to stop anything, I was just the poor son of German immigrants.

I convinced my parents to let me take care of my mom's mother and move back, so they could chase their bullshit opium dream in the USA. I got their filthy blood money away from my German cousins, who all hate me now. Then when my grandmother died I stayed, it was the important part of my bargain. I'm free.

But something inside me watches the places that I used to know on fire and underwater, besieged by gators, fire ants, and looting spades, and I feel the heavy chains of sadness.

We already know why that doesn't work, and it's anyone with skin naturally as dark as the space where your brain was meant to grow. It ain't goddamn rocket science. You don't put a nursery next to a chemical factory, and you don't put a chemical factory next to a giant goddamn vector for a shitload of the world's population you fucking moron, it takes literally 3 seconds of forethought

I'm going to laugh when this is shown to be fake news and you chucklefucks have taken the bait again.

Is that a boy?

That's because you know in your heart you chose wrong, Fritz, now go gas yourself for cucking as hard as a white man metaphysically can.

where are you finding boys with nipples like that

theintercept.com/2017/03/24/a-louisiana-town-plagued-by-pollution-shows-why-cuts-to-the-epa-will-be-measured-in-illnesses-and-deaths/
nothing unusual.

You went too far in your trolling, instead of routine weather event you should habe saidcsomething like failed to prepare for a probable exigent circumstance.

sadly, flip a coin any time you see someone young enough to have unironically eaten soy as a mistake once in their lives

You know what happened in Suviet Union right before it collapsed?

Pic related

On the tip of my dick just a few days ago

just hire some looters!

Thicc

>houston gets flooded regularly
>this flood is somehow not routine
I genuinely struggle with conversing among people who are entirely incapable of admitting they're wrong, even to the point of ignoring basic logic.

If 4 idiots in a room are drinking bleach, you becoming the 5th only saves the rest of us from having someone dumb enough to follow that crowd hanging around. Likewise, let these companies crash and burn.

like any asian? Do all azn dudes all have big puffy nipples? We have to go deeper

How could this be wrong? I'm alive and perhaps hundreds of other Houstonians aren't.

Maybe people I've known. Maybe my own parents. I don't know I haven't e-mailed them since Monday. I'm sure my survivors guilt will fade when it turns out it's not nearly half as bad as they said, and then I'll just go back to feeling fortunate that I escaped.

50% of dudes have gyno now, my dude, and of the numerous male friends I had growing up who had to deal with the moob meme almost all had those big ol puffy bitch nipples. Shit's weird, man.

if only there was some kind of natural phenomena that has the power to put out fire

I wish