L.A. City Council votes to replace Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day

L.A. City Council votes to replace Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day

>TheLos Angeles City Councilvoted Wednesday to eliminate Columbus Day from the city calendar, siding with activists who view the explorer as a symbol of genocide for native peoples in North America and elsewhere.

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-indigenous-peoples-day-20170829-story.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_ytJG8X6obk
usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bridalplastys-lisa-marie-naegles-suspect-charged-with-murder-w457600
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im sure when whites are completely eradicated from the west, the jews will have a "bye goy day"

It's a fuckin federal holiday.

> Some said they supported the creation of Indigenous Peoples Day as long as it is held on a different date.
>“On behalf of the Italian community, we want to celebrate with you,” said Ann Potenza, president of Federated Italo-Americans of Southern California, speaking in a room packed with Native American activists. “We just don’t want it to be at the expense of Columbus Day.”
>That idea was unacceptable to Chrissie Castro, vice chairwoman of the Los Angeles City-County Native American Indian Commission. She argued that city lawmakers needed to “dismantle a state-sponsored celebration of genocide of indigenous peoples.”
>“To make us celebrate on any other day would be a further injustice,” Castro said.
>The day will remain a paid holiday for city employees, regardless of the name.

youtu.be/_ytJG8X6obk

Welcome to the future.

Why the fuck was this just a decision for the city council? I live in LA county and this shit is fucking retarded, yet a council of white guilt retards voted it in anyway

But
>Italians are not white!
so Columbus days should stay or it would RACISM!

>CouncilmanJoe Buscaino,a first-generation Italian-Americanraised in San Pedro, had sought to replace Columbus Day with a different name, one that celebrates “all of the diverse cultures in the city.” Buscaino said many had forgotten the prejudice faced by Italian Americans in the United States — and asked his colleagues not to “cure one offense with another.”
>“All of our individual cultures matter,” said Buscaino, who represents neighborhoods from Watts to San Pedro.
>Buscaino and three colleagues —Gil Cedillo, David Ryu andMitchell Englander— pushed an alternative plan to hold Indigenous Peoples Day on Aug. 9, a date selected by the United Nations for recognizing native peoples.
>The council rejected that proposal on an 11-4 vote.
>CouncilmanMike Bonin, the great-grandson of Italian immigrants, said he felt genuinely pained at having to disagree with Buscaino. But he argued that Columbus Day diminishes the accomplishments of his ancestors, who came to the U.S. to “build something and not to destroy something.”
>“This gesture of replacing Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day is a very small step in apologizing and in making amends,” said Bonin, who represents coastal neighborhoods from Westchester to Pacific Palisades.

Columbus has nothing to do with the story of the U.S why you guys mad? And plus Columbus was Italian so what Italians are white all of the sudden?

Columbus was a tip top pizza eater and trader if you know wut I mean

Not anymore it's not.

Does Italy have any holidays for Americans who had nothing to do with Italy?

Columbus opened the path to immigration to American. Hardly a dude who had nothing to with American.

>literally the entire reason the colonization of the New World occured
>nothing to do with the story of the US
Fuck off.

The dude was incompetent and he got lost and massacred a peaceful tribe of noble savages the tiano. Who was he tip top. He was absolutely nigger tier of Explorers Ameriggo Vesspucci is the Father of All the Americas and we should celebrate his name and not Niggerfer

You fuck off too kike.

I'm all for being anti-PC and what not, but this is completely reasonable. Columbus was a Kook who happened to stumble upon The Americas and was complicit in the enslavement of millions of natives.

He wasn't a hero. He didn't "discover" America, which is the case even if you ignore that there were people already there. The Vikings and Chinese were there before him too.

Answer the question, greaseball.

America was named after Amerigo Vespucci

listen to this fag

Fuck off nigger, America is for Amerigo! No niggerfer Columdick

So you can call in sick and be drunk and half-naked all day the way our indigenous "brothers" did.

Our holidays are based on our culture, we can't add holidays for people with no culture.

But I thought that America didn't celebrate losers.

Be a White people live in "Los Angeles"

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bridalplastys-lisa-marie-naegles-suspect-charged-with-murder-w457600

>cheats on husband with some nig that lives in fucking Inglewood

>tells her human dildo he is no longer useful and shes going back to her cuck husband

>the cuck husband is actually worried where she is

>human dildo gets mad and beats her to death with a hammer before burying her dead naked body in the back yard

>gets caught from party pictures with her and admits SHIEEEEEEEET

>Columbus was a Kook who happened to stumble upon The Americas and was complicit in the enslavement of millions of natives.
I feel like if you read more you'd see how much of a gross understatment this is.

White people should call in sick that day.

You're a retard. He discovered it for Europeans. Europeans are the ones that matter.

This guy gets it.

Thats the thing he didn't discover it was Amerigo Vesspucci

>Columbus always insisted, in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary, that the lands that he visited during those voyages were part of theAsian continent, as previously described byMarco Poloand other European travelers.
>Columbus's refusal to accept that the lands he had visited and claimed for Spain were not part of Asia might explain, in part, why the American continent was named after theFlorentineexplorerAmerigo Vespucci and not after Columbus

>Implying libshits can read anything more sophisticated than Harry Potter.

Irrelevant.
Christopher Colombus is the entire reason Vespucci went on his voyage in the first place.

No Colombus
No New World
No America.

By ceding the Colombus narrative, you cede the cultural ownership of America back to the "indigenous" squatters and tacitly accept their claim that their "genocide" out-weighs the colonization of the New World.

Wake the fuck up and learn to know when you're getting Jewed.

But technically the Vikings discovered and Settle in The Americas, aka Greenland.

Columbus was a Jew.

Nope, nope, nope I refuse to believe a Gigger idiot discovered the Americas if It was Vespucci I say Vikings.

Literally the ONLY REASON Vespucci went on his voyage was because Colombus set precedent.

Holy shit, could you be anymore of a fucking Jew.
Vikings are irrelevant.
They have no connection to the colonization of the New World.

This isn't about some sixth grade social studies tier "discovery". This is about colonization.

Columbus was used to integrate and assimilate the Italians when they arrived in America, its rewritten history to make a foreign ethnic group that was not part of the original Colonist feel good about being on our lands.

The Americas belong to the English, French,Spanish,Portugese and no one else and everyone who isn't that or refuse to accept said culture should be kicked out so no Asians blacks middle easterners on our noble continents

What the fuck is wrong with these people? It was war. We fought the natives for their land and won. That's it, just like a ton of other wars. There's nothing to feel guilty about, it wasn't 'genocide', that's just how history was. If you want to have a day for the natives, sure, but why do you have to try to overturn a national holiday and make it a white guilt thing?

Why should anyone alive today even care about or feel responsible for what happened generations upon generations ago? The majority of the natives couldn't even give two shits. It pisses me off something fierce.

Makes me furious to see people that don't belong here think that this is there continent. You would say that I am and Pan-American Suppremist

Why do you keep shifting your argument kike?

South Americans discovered it even before that.

Why didn't they just call it "National Day" or "Discovery Day" and make everybody happy instead of completely changing the nature of the holiday. Fucking ni

Because I'm extremely frustrated with intercontinental immigration from people who don't belong in the Americas

And I'm not related one bit to Ashkenzis Seppharim or any Jewish tribe.

In other news any white person who has ever picked up a non-Marxist history book just moved farther to the right.

No you're just a dishonest kike, that's all.

Yes, by way of Cape Verde

Who do you know exactly?

What If I told you if I was an extremely Non-European Xenophobe Mestizo

Don't even care anymore. Lefties are digging their own graves fighting over what and who is more progressive. The more they do shit like this, the closer we are to a full out left Vs. left civil war.

>its rewritten history
You never studied history.

>The Americas belong to the English, French,Spanish,Portugese
Only because an Italian travelled there first and opened a path for them.

Also removing the statue and holiday won't give the land back to the native.
If these antifa want to fix an injustice so bad then why don't they give their houses for free to the natives?

Dude it was totally rewritten here in America to appeal to Italian immigrants, what if it said that Muhammad discover the Americas to appeal to future muslims would feel bad write the same goes for Columbus. Italians were hated so to quell the hatred Columbus day was created. So the Italian would feel warm and fuzzy about themselves. Why not replace it with Lewis and Clarke day.

>Dude it was totally rewritten here in America to appeal to Italian immigrants
So how is the real story?

An Italian who was employed by Spanish patrons, doesn't mean the Italy discovered it.

The white washing of Google

They are white when it suits the message.
I bet this will piss off a lot of italian americans and make them change their voting patterns

>An Italian
Here is the keyword.
Everybody knows the ships and money weren't Italian because there wasn't even an Italian government at the time.
If your books write that then the memes about
>American education
are real, but that is not rewriting history, that is just not knowing it.

Because Columbus has nothing to do with the country of America! John Smith has more to do with America than some dude that landed in the Island of Hispaña.

There are no noble savages

Kill both holidays and create "Wooden Ship" day. I mean those fuckin things made it to America from Europe hundreds of years ago. Pretty cool. Everyone gets the day off and mandatory ship building/sailing.

O.k then slavs are just savages them, got it.

>Because Columbus has nothing to do with the country of America!
Now I just think you are a moron and a waste of my time.
Too bad your mother can't retroactively abort you.

And the ships had crews so one Italian and a bunch of Spaniards discovered the Americas.

Well they already persuaded millions of people they are essentially sqatters on stolen land over something that happened 400 years ago.

They are going for the alienation of the people, to persuade them they are the same as economic immigrants, and have dropped the word settlers entirely.

theyre either jews or being paid by jews

cmon man, gotta know this shit

>Make them change their voting patterns
How so? Most Italians voted Trump I thought

Fuck Italian idiot trying to take credit for the accomplishment of One Incompetent Italian and Spaniards

Natives of america were just savages, no spiritual wisdom or anything no more than some buryat.

Might as well claim the chechens are noble savages you dumb kek

Oh and dick head The Nationality was not a concept at the time. So there was no such thing as an Italian at the time.

Lol, alright you got me with that chechen joke.

I mean, at best it's a day dedicated to a guy who accomplished nothing.

Well the whole idea of a union of immigrants and all the colors of brown is gonna collapse after this, and i do wonder how do italians feel about this.

Honestly, it feels like a punishment for voting for trumpie, or just general fuck wypipo stuff.

why the fuck wont any of you just sue the fuck out of the city? its a federal holiday. the city will lose millions to you.

The schools in LA already have days off for Caesar Chavez day instead of Christopher Columbus. I hate this city so much.

Admit it, you had to google when the Italy state was made and you wouldn't have that comeback.

I would be in favor of renaming the holiday to America day. I would not like to celebrate an incompetent ginger fuck.

Americans romanticize the shit out of their enemies. It all started with Russea with his myth of noble savage.

Not for us nigga, minorities in slav land can be scary as shit.

Probably the former, it is L.A. so any chance to spite Trump voters will be taken

I know about the 1840s liberal movements and the Gerbaldi redshirts do to paying a ton of Vicky2 to be honest. Italy op if you start as Piedmont

>Columbus kills 7 million natives in Caribbean,replaces them with with nigger to current Caribbean filled with niggers.

>killed huge city states in NA, created a non slavery exploitation system, took 1/5 all the shit, made sure never to develop the colonies.

he is a virus

>Americans romanticize....

No, only retarded liberal faggots do this. Most of us know our enemies are shitstains, as with Islam.

I would support a full removal of the Muhamedian presence in America

the white shall be erased from the usa history. you guys are the scum of humanity and only did wrong.

There were even books like that one about the mohicans and what not all the way back in 1860s or something. For us it is simple

>Ivan Ivanovich went to Kavkaz
>He fight with local tribe
>He get shot
>But he get shot well

All of our literature is just "slav gets shot, more slavs come and locals get tired of shooting" hahaha

No great stand, no heroism, epic battle stands come after alcohol for courage.

dwed das aesome

And we're proud of him.

How many of us know we trained terrorist during the dessert storm, funding and extremist leader in pakistan,giving way to the islamic school as the only form of education, training Mujahideen, who due to no education can only get paid best by jihad, how quickly we forget that eventually Pakistan became more secular. but the greed jew, i mean Islamic priest held great power due to being the only educators thus even with more secular Pakistan they still trained the jihad.

They don't care about the day, but take away their paid day off then they'll be in a uproar.

Columbus discovered America with the money of Spain, without it no matter how much Italian he can be he wouldnt have arrived. Get it?

>being proud of a pedo slaver