Free Market Wor-

'It was a big mistake': Best Buy apologizes for selling packs of water for $42 in the Houston floods

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4838060/Best-Buy-apologizes-selling-packs-water-42.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Ik7cEuAQH8
cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/labatt-brewing-water-to-help-those-affected-by-fort-mcmurray-wildfire-1.3569921
unvis.it/cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/labatt-brewing-water-to-help-those-affected-by-fort-mcmurray-wildfire-1.3569921
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's part of the free market though. Consumer opinions go into it. If they think a company doesn't act ethically, then people won't buy from it.

>when no one goes to your shit store with broken cameras so you have to extort money from drowing niggers

so boycotting is part of free market??

I-It was a humanly m-mistake guise! I wonder h-how such a t-terrible injustice c-could get past me!
*shoves falling money back into his pocket*

>work at bestbuy
>deal with nigs looting all the time for years
>flood comes
>justice time. sweet revenge.
consider it a nig back tax

Price gouging during a crisis is illegal and it's like a 20k fine for each item. It's illegal in Texas anyway.

Yeah an apology isn't going to prevent the lawsuits.... On top of that, isn't an official apology like an admission of guilt or something?

>Go to Amazon
>search for 12 pack of SmartWater
>Amazon price $29

Sheeeeit! Even Amazon is gouging and I ain'ts even be in a flood an sheeit.

42/24 = 1.75

they were selling the 24 packs at checkout aisle refrigerator price for some reason

Forget the free market. Pizzagate arrests close to the Clintons are happening! A retired US army colonel who was on the advisory board of a Haitian mining company along with Hillary Clintons brother Anthony Rodham was arrested for "Bribing Haitian Officials" yesterday:

Some nigger being a fall guy isn't something to get excited about

>when there's a water shortage the price of water should go down so more people can get water

>for some reason

Maybe because Best Buy isn't in the business of selling bulk water and only has bottles labeled for individual retail sale in stock, but mongs kept coming in asking to buy water by the case anyway?

Never suspect conspiracy when stupidity is a reasonable explanation.

>consumer
>think

When has that ever been the case besides every now and again when a massive scandal happens?

It should be up to a patriotic, nationalist, environmentalist and collectivist government to regulate the market.

>sir you are buying a service plan with that television right?
>you need these monster cables to hook up your DVD player, the regular ones don't work
>are you putting this on your best buy card goy? Interest rate only 29%
>Since i like you, I am signing you up for 2 free weeks of netflix. I just need to enter a credit card for activation

Fuck Best Buy

Some bitch once tried citing that law when I sold a rare piece of disneyana in a disney group, trying futily to get me to sell it to her at cost "or else" kek

>people go into survival fuck everyone else mode during a survival situation

Should be a wake up call for modern leftists to the true nature of man.

>It should be up to a patriotic, nationalist, environmentalist and collectivist government to regulate the market.

Our government already regulates the fuck out of the market.
I don't know about in potatoland, but here government regulations require different distribution channels for the same products based on the type of business those products are being sold to.

For example, poorfags on 4chins constantly whine and cry about bars and clubs being overpriced.
>OMG!! it costs $4 for a beer at a bar, but I can go to a liquor store and buy a six-pack of the same beer for only $8!!
Yeah, but that same six-pack you pay $8 for at the liquor store costs a bar $12-$18 (depending on the city, county, and state it’s in) thanks to government regulation.
That extra cost is ALL taxes and goes into the government’s pocket.
It’s illegal for a bar, club, or restaurant to buy alcohol from a liquor store, Costco, or any place other than their licensed distributor.

Sure, that 24 pack of AquaFina may be sold to YOU by Wallyworld for only $4, but a 24 pack labeled for individual sale and sold to Pajeet at the convenience store or Bob at Best Buy costs them $30 and they mark it up accordingly when they sell it.

tl;dr
If you want cheap prices, don’t try to do your grocery shopping at Best Buy or 7-11 you fucking morons.

it does work. people got pissed and now it is known that best buy are cunts and might not buy from them. this is literally how it works. 100% you owned yourself and im not going to take you to the hospital.

Of course it is.

>people got pissed
Of course they did.
People, as a group, are stupid, lazy fucks who have no idea how the system put in place by their “elected officials” really works—and it’s much easier to act self-righteous than it is to learn anything.

>and now it is known that best buy are cunts
Best Buy™ is the brand name of a corporation that sells electronics, appliances, movies, and music in big-box stores across the US.
I assume most of their employees are cunts, because most people are cunts; but I see no reason this specific incident makes them any more cunty than usual.

This particular instance of short bus level butthurt comes from a combination of
1) Fucktards who are more than willing to spend $1.75 on a bottle of water when there isn't a natural disaster ongoing, but somehow find buying 24 of those same bottles all at once for $42 a Sodom and Gomorrah level outrage
2) Some $9/hour mong who works for Best Buy getting tired of idiots asking the price of a case of water, and moving the store’s stock out of the back room to a position by the registers and printing out a sign stating the price so he didn’t have to answer the same moronic question 4600 times over the next 3 hours of his shift
3) Some easily offended buttplug (who is also so goddamned stupid he tries to do his grocery shopping at fucking Best Buy) posting a picture of that sign on the intertubes for 15 seconds of InstafagFaceburgTwatter fame
and
4) every faggot with a connected phone collectedly tapping “OMGWTFBBQRACISS!!1!” at the same time.

And yet, NO ONE seems to understand why President Trump writes all his tweets at a 3rd grade level.

And then they die

libertarians will defend this

isn't there water all over the place in Houston? why not just drink the flood water?

that's the whole point of the free market retard

This is a prime opportunity to expose the greed of the Jew and further demonize them in the eyes of the people.

>why not just drink the flood water?

youtube.com/watch?v=3Ik7cEuAQH8

>capitalism in action

Literally nothing wrong with this, just supply and demand. If every customer said no, they would have to lower the price. There are many ways to purify both fresh and salt water. Those not trained in survival skills simply are not going to cut survival of the fittest

>Implying niggers drink water
I remember reading about niggers in Katrina chimping out because they wanted soft drinks and Doritos instead of emergency rations, fucking coons.

>t. best buy sales associate who loves bernie
calm the fuck down nigger.

That's sometimes true but I rarely see the "not for individual sale" anymore.

I used to work in a Pajeet Shop stocking shelves and the cooler. It was merely less expensive/easier/faster to buy the bulk packs of beverages and put them individually on shelves from the distributor.

My friend owned a bar and the Bud Light cost him $1.00 a bottle.

and the free market solved it by signaling people will not buy from best buy. goverment didnt step in and stop it. your arguement is retarded

Daily reminder that these threads are the latest form of /leftypol/ shilling

If you can't find drinkable water during a flood you deserve to pay 40$ for a single bottle

sage and ignore

Better to have no water, no rich people, no successful businesses. Such is the life of a left winger.

>Yeah, but that same six-pack you pay $8 for at the liquor store costs a bar $12-$18 (depending on the city, county, and state it’s in) thanks to government regulation.

This is a lie. The mark up on the beer is just how the bar makes money. They pay less than what you pay at the store and both the liquor store and bar get their beer from a distributor.

feed me mandrake!

You have to wonder how Best Buy is still in business, given their extreme price gouging of all electronics and water during national emergencies, and the convenience of ordering any of their inventory online for cheaper and with much less of a hassle.

Consumers can't think and the more people involved on an issue, the more irrational it becomes. Read about crowd psychology. I hate these little dishonest arguments capitalist cucks always resort to.

>Maybe because Best Buy isn't in the business of selling bulk water
BB is a retail business. They mark up shit and sell it. They certainly can't compete with Amazon so they have to be able to pay their part time workers their $7 an hour slave wage.

Holy shit. Yes. Fucking retard.

What a bizarre view of the world you have. The mind of the communist is honestly beyond comprehension.

>americans think they gonna take back their country
>crisis hits
>dont stick together
>actually fight over shit like a private company having the right to screw people over

the west deserves to fall

>>sir you are buying a service plan with that television right?
>>you need these monster cables to hook up your DVD player, the regular ones don't work
>>are you putting this on your best buy card goy? Interest rate only 29%
>>Since i like you, I am signing you up for 2 free weeks of netflix. I just need to enter a credit card for activation
>Fuck Best Buy
Clown at the front door sizing you up as a shoplifter as you walk in the door.

while giving you the stink eye, he looks you over and says "Good morning..............sir."

>sell the bottles for $4 a bundle like normal
>some jerk buys 18
>pretty soon it is all gone and the ones who don't have any get dysentery from floodwater

This is false. They pay more than you think.

t. I work at a bar.

speak for yourself, germ

>this is what your brain looks like on communism

Also, the only reason they've retracted it is because it's illegal and they will get punished by the state. In a capitlism system wanted by Mises and ayn rand kikes there would be nothing to stop them, minus some moral outrage which won't do shit. It's against the NAP to force the company to sell at certain prices. You dishonest kike. I'm sure you'll resort with something "then they should find another company to buy water from!" While believing you're actually making a serious argument. Companies have more power other consumers than consumers do over companies.

>everyone that criticises capitalism is a communist
That's what your brain looks like since it hasn't developed yet and you're still stuck in adolescent black and white thinking.

Who the hell goes to best buy?

>everyone is a communist
Grow up child.

It isnt gouging anyway. I have purchased water for much more at sporting events....in TX.

So just limit the number any one person can buy like so many of the grocery stores in Houston have been doing. Price gouging on an essential item during a crisis is shitty and unnecessary.

Is buying water at an electronics store an American thing?

worsLiterally this.
That woman who went off on that local news interviewer, the one that is being celebrated by everyone for btfo'ing the media?
She admitted that she did not even have one day of back up food in the house. With a massive hurricane coming, she couldn't be bothered to get one day extra food to get her kids.
I have a half dozen water filters in my home currently. They are surrounded by water.
These people deserve to die.
Their children? Well, shitty role of the dice. Sorry you were born to literal moronic parents. Kids die everyday around the world for the same reason.
If you can't be bothered to prepare for an extra day in an emergency, fuck you

>sporting event is the same as a natural disaster where people will die
How many capitalist cocks do you suck?
Bet you're one of those faggots that 'thanks his boss for this great opportunity' like a little cuck.

OMG, the first time ever the correct free market argument has been presented.

Cheers to you!

A fucking LEAF!

That's why the free market is so good. Commies (retards) always complain how shitty and exploitative capitalism is but they fail to see that its the consumers fault for accepting that bullshit, and people are becoming a lot more conscious about shit like this (spreads fast through social media) so corporations are pretty much forced to act semi decent because otherwise they get lots of bad PR. And if they do act decent they get a lot of positive PR for free.

Case in point
cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/labatt-brewing-water-to-help-those-affected-by-fort-mcmurray-wildfire-1.3569921
>A Canadian brewery has prepared a special batch for Fort McMurray firefighters and evacuees.
>Instead of beer, Labatt Breweries is shipping 200,000 cans of water to assist those affected by a wildfire that continues to burn out of control in northern Alberta.
>The company said it has an additional 130,000 cans of water ready to ship later this week, if needed.
>Many of those cans are already in the hands of evacuees.
>"We were able to get water mobilized rapidly Monday," said Jeff Ryan, senior director of corporate affairs. "We had 69,000 cans from our warehouse to Northlands in Edmonton by end of day Monday."
Labatt breweries did a good deed and the internet rewarded them for it. They just shifted production to water and then they got a better PR campaign then they would have if they spent a hundred million dollars on commercials.

Archived it
unvis.it/cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/labatt-brewing-water-to-help-those-affected-by-fort-mcmurray-wildfire-1.3569921

Amazon's prices on drinks and food is pretty much universally shit, user.

It always has been. You can get spices and shit at a half-assed decent price, but even that is just decent on a sale.

Amazon only competes with grocery stores by offering shit that you can't find at stores, although they have some kind of service now where you can get food at about the same price as what you would pay at a grocery store provided you buy enough shit for them to justify the free shipping.

Called pantry or some shit like that.

>isn't an official apology like an admission of guilt or something?
Unless they can discredit the person that issued it, pretty much yeah.

No when a natural disaster happens a lot of places run out of water so some places realize they can capitalize and pick some up and sell it Lon joke

ITT: Leaf doesn't understand how the Free market works

>Free Market World
um wut

I'm all for the free market but this is disaster-rape.

>crowds of people can't think
>lets have the collective decide economic planning

Really joggins my noggin

>browsing best buy
>minutes from death by dehydration
We have a very developed society. If you are truly going to die from lack of water, you need to dial 911, you need to find some one who can rescue you, or you need to effect self rescue or evacuation.
>cuck
As for my boss, I curse him daily, and I think continuously how I can make myself more money, even if it means undermining him. I try to do the minimum amount of work, while still being the best at what I do. I get paid 165k to stick around a keep doing this. No need to thank anyone.

>flood
>can't find water
Are Texans retarded?

Not what I said or implied. Nice try faggot. And we already have collective decision making in the form of voting.

>No when a natural disaster happens a lot of places run out of water so some places realize they can capitalize and pick some up and sell it Lon joke
Yeah and then that use that profit to get a guy with a boat/helicopter/truck/mule/plane/sherpa to ferry in supplies to the disaster area when normal infrastructure is down and regular trucks doesn't work. People get their food at a higher price but at least they get food.

Then more people see this opportunity and starts moving in supplies as swell, forcing the price down to a sustainable level after a while. It makes perfect sense that prices goes up during a disaster since every related cost goes up as well. But its not always a great idea to bump the prices anyway, especially not if you are chain. It might just be better to sell your remaining stock at regular prices and then close down, then you don't have to deal with negative PR like this.

That's bullshit and borderline communist. Texas should be ashamed

>capitalism work-

cool story, enjoy your commie blocks comrade

>Consumers can't think
Yeah they can, they just don't care if they are poor. When people get richer then they make better choices regarding health, environment, ethics etc and since the free market is the best at increasing wealth its also the best system if you want people to care about the products they buy. Some one who makes minimum wage isn't going to give two shits about what conditions his shirt was made, he is just going to get the cheapest shirt.

What part of "don't buy stuff from X, they violate our principles" would clash with a free market? The buyer is still making the choice of his own volition.

People seem to confuse boycotting with strikes or picketing, where you're forced to choose another business because you can't buy from your preferred seller

>Consumers can't think therefore we are going to let them elect somebody with the power over them.

makes perfect sense 2-sat higher order logic right here, marx > aristotle

Wow. It's almost as if the free market isn't applicable for every damn situation.

And now Best Buy will be run out of business and the free market will have indeed fixed it.

The free market even places limits on greed, and reallocates accordingly.

7-11 was selling the same waters. But they were smart and selling at their normal price, about 3 bucks a bottle. You know, pretty much the same price.

>This is a lie. The mark up on the beer is just how the bar makes money

KEK.
No.
A business marks up EVERYTHING.
If I could charge you for air, I would.

>They pay less than what you pay at the store
No. See my previous post.
A one liter bottle of Grey Goose costs around $30 at a liquor store, more if it's a ghetto liquor store (they have to cover more loss). My cost for a 1L bottle of GG is currently $62.

>and both the liquor store and bar get their beer from a distributor.
This is true.
However a bar/club/restaurant pays double, on average, what a liquor store pays for the same bottle.
The extra cost goes to the government.

We use a term called "pour cost" in the business.
It can range from 15% to 40%, but a good owner/manager knows how to keep that number low.

For example, my average pour cost for the past decade is pretty steady: 18%.
That means that the booze I pour in your cup, averaged, costs me 18% of what I charge you for that glass of booze.

My other costs are wages, taxes, unemployment insurance, rent/mortgage, advertising, talent, electricity, gas, and lawyers.
Always with the lawyers.
Because cunts like you believe that since I once sold you a $4 beer, I’m responsible for wiping your ass for the next 30 years.

>”Oy Vey! I can buy a case of water for $2 at Wally World!!”
>”You HAVE to provide a case of cold water to me for $1.50 or else I’ll sue!!”
>”I’ve been pounding on your door for at least 40 years!! You owe me a case of frozen water for $1.25!!”
>”we sell water to each other for 50¢; It’s practically anuddah shoah!!”

I sell booze.
Why the fuck do you want to buy bottled water from me?

Best Buy sells computers, phones, appliances, and other tech junk.
Why are you going there to buy bottled water?

>My local grocery charged $1 for an avocado last week!
>so I went to the mechanic and complained until his employee offered me the peeled avocado from his lunchbox for $4ll!!
>FUCKING RACISS!!

Fuck off, shlomo.

1.75 for cold water COLD WATER...24 pack was room temperature

holy fucking shit, is this a legit post or baiting?

>She admitted that she did not even have one day of back up food in the house

That's typical.

>With a massive hurricane coming, she couldn't be bothered to get one day extra food to get her kids

Cityfags tend to not understand the most basic mechanisms of civilization like scarcity or planning. They spend their lives in a hamster cage where toys come in one side and soiled bedding goes out the other. In this bubble, food comes from a grocery store or McDonalds and shit magically disappears down a toilet. Sometimes, when a hurricane or blizzard is predicted by their prophets, you can see vestigial forethought surface as they strip WalMart shelves bare like a plague of locusts; they never seem to learn from this though, and often exhibit great distress when they have more than a few hours worth of food and water in their cage.

>Amazon's prices on drinks and food is pretty much universally shit, user.

Then why buy from them?

>Best Buy has shit prices on cases of bulk water!

Oh Noes!!!
A retailer who specializes in electronics doesn't have the best prices on FUCKING bottled water!!

Those assholes didn't even have avocados or tomatoes for sale when I went there last week!!
AND I'm not EVEN in a flood zone!!

What a bunch of cunts!
I mean, if you have a business, you should be forced to sell everything, at the cheapest price ever, BY LAW!!!

Otherwise, you're obviously an EVIL RACISS NAZI!!!

>24 pack was room temperature

OH NOES!!!

Maybe that's because Best Buy isn't in the business of selling cold water.

It's almost as though they're in the business of selling electronics and appliances, and offering fat retarded mouth-breathing cunts who are either too lazy or too fucking stupid to buy a case of water from shitmart and chill it themselves, a bottle (A BOTTLE, not a case) of cold water is almost an afterthought to their real business.

Why the fuck can't I instantly get a nice warm burger in my grocery hole any time I demand it?
I pay Netkikes $8 A FUCKING MONTH!
I DESERVE a hot burger!!

You poor, dumb bastard.