Lord of The Flies

Opinions on the potential all-female Lord of The Flies "adaptation"?

Other urls found in this thread:

returnofkings.com/32053/this-accidental-experiment-shows-the-superiority-of-patriarchy
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/31/all-female-lord-flies-remake-faces-backlash-misses-point-women/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

some reactions from tweeter

Stop watching movies, stop watching TV, stop watching mainstream media.

if it's a good movie, who cares

that being said, there's no possible way this will be a good movie

rename the character piggy to skinny.
done

It'll bomb at the box office.

all the females would die from starvation and exposure in a week or so

Where's the all-female Ocean's Eleven? I want to laugh at it first.

>set aside differences and work
Where's that screencap of the Male vs Female Dutch Suvivor series?

People being this fucking retarded failing to realize the entire book was a microcosm about Waring nation's not gender.

Having a woman called Piggy is sexist because It's bodyshaming women.

someone post that survivor infographic about women left to their own devices on an island.

the fact is that a group of young girls would most likely just die from starvation or dehydration instead of forming gangs. It wasn't very believable when it was just young boys, this makes it completely unbelievable.

Do (((they))) even care about making money with their movies anymore? It's been bomb after bomb for the last couple of years.

here it is haha:

Lord of flies is based on a book, not a product of mainstream media, you fucking ignoramus.

returnofkings.com/32053/this-accidental-experiment-shows-the-superiority-of-patriarchy

Post this in Twitter please

It's all about making money. 60% of Hollywood's movie budget usually goes into marketing. And usually, no matter how shitty the film is, the amount of people who see it only thanks to the hype and only during the first 2 days it premieres is enough to make a profit. Expensive movies very rarely fail economically, it's the independent ones that are unpredictable, and get only 1 in a 100 to succeed.

Was just looking for this, let's get this on twitter

Thats a pretty solid idea

(checked)
>implying i use social media
social media a cancer

>"Lord of the Flies" is about toxic masculinity.

all female you say

It's great, they are taking a story that is designed to make males look bad and because they don't understand it they are going to make a movie that makes females look bad.

oh shit theres a rapist between those bushes

>you will never be a verified journalist on twitter with a gay flag in your name and a princess tiara in your avatar who spends all day on a computer writing diatribes about why you're sorry for being white and male

letting women have opinions was a mistake

Mfw feminists actually believe that shit. Rewriting classic works at it's best.

Clara Mae is my favorite kind of feminist .
Absolutely convinced of female superiority, a Valerie Solanas bootlicker.
They are embodiments of sinful pride.

What does my post have to do with the book numbnuts?

>shirtless lolis sweating on an island
Sure

I will watch it if they are all hot and instead of killing each other they rape each other instead

Is Lord of the Flies forced viewing? Who cares about the cast. Let the viewers decide.

fuck, I haven't thought of that

A bunch of underage girls running around in the mud in their underwear? sold

Sounds fun, if they keep in the pointless cruelty and violence

Idiot. Sup Forums is social media.

>a movie about young girls running half naked through the woods and murdering each other
Yeah that'll fly well with normies

this must be your first day here - welcome, newfriend

into the trash it goes

TOIV'E!

hope it has a really high budget so i can watch it burn.

>Lord of the Flies is about toxic masculinity
American education is dead

Sounds hot

i bet feminists would explain it that the patriarchy had taken away the strong womynz anility to build and cooperate with their oppression, just like how africans believe the white man stole their ability to make flying pyramids

Idgaf. I haven't paid to watch anything in years. Can't have an opinion on propaganda I have no intention of seeing.

Wow, it's almost like no one cares about this gay shit and you should stop spamming Sup Forums with your garbage

they're pushing this narrative, even in this article it doesn't even attempt to correct it. and you can see how delusional these scumbags are.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/31/all-female-lord-flies-remake-faces-backlash-misses-point-women/

Does anyone actually think that lord of the flies is about toxic masculinity

Serious question. Like for reals. No jokes. Completely serious. without jest. leaving all doubt behind.

no

as long as it's NC-17 i'll torrent it

dont give a shit, its just another (((holywood))) production, It have all male/female/persons with down syndrome cast. Dont care

These women have not once in their sheltered lifes experienced anything besides the comfort and safety of a highly advanced civilization upheld almost entirely by men. This is the huge irony. Because men fight the battle against nature every single day these women can get so used to their luxurious lifestyle that they think the world is made of offices and social media and that men are useless because of this. But the world is not made of twitter, its made of stone and rain and nasty animals and everything rough and hostile you can imagine.

Fucking delusional cunts thinking women could deal with a survival situation better than men. And even GET ALONG BETTER while doing so. Hilarious.

Just kill me senpai

Isn't lord of the flies about how children are little shits?

Even so, there is a slight financial incentive for the movie to be good. There are ideological motives at play here.

we need to meme political piracy harder

this is the correct opinion

They all got their periods, they all died from lack of iron.... or bear attacks... dealers choice

/thread

well said; i would add that all of civilization is on the Y chromosome

thats an inaccurate statement , I would not classify an image board as social media.

Secondly even if you did remotely consider Sup Forums somewhere connected or linked to social media, this is like the 9th circle of social media

>see the all female survivor show
>season two, import darkie
>50 shades of grey, island boogaloo, loli edition
>main stream meteor claims it's 'powerful'

hard pass

If you want to know what would happen in real life, just watch anything like Survivor or The Island.

The Island did a men's island and a women's island.
Within a couple days the men had built shelters, set up jobs for everyone, had a somewhat steady supply of food and so on. The women literally just fucked about on the beach for days and started crying and cat fighting when they started to starve because nobody thought about doing any work.

To be fair, Golding said he chose boys because he didn't think the book would work if it were a group of little girls, which is probably true.

Secondly, the ironic ending of the book only really works if it's a bunch of little dudes; they're saved by the Navy - the commander dressed in an immaculate uniform - but the Navy's job is (ostensibly) to wage war, something they do overwhelmingly using, yep, young men so the notion that they've been 'saved' from savagery is undermined.

All of this shit must be confusing as fuck for feminists who don't know what to think but I'm looking forward to the inevitable articles complaining that all the chicks are hot when they cast a bunch of 18yo smokeshows like pic related in the main roles to run around in swimwear.

my gf used to work in a womans prison and that is actually what happens there, ironically it is the femme ones who target the butch ones for coercion, if a butch lesbian wont be a popular womans "man" and be her bodyguard/finger fuck her/give her gifts then they'll bully her/spread lies about her/make false allegations about her/all gang up on her and beat her up until she gives in, very many cases, sad!

the jokes kinda write themselves here

The day it took the women to find each other after splitting up was hilarious.
The island was barely a KM across(from memory).

It took them ages to decide to go to the beach and then just walk along the shoreline until they found each other.

>Bunch of females stranded on island
>Die immediately
>Fin
Sounds great.

>All of this shit must be confusing as fuck for feminists
women are unable to bond in the same way men are
i feel that's why women/feminists do not understand many things

>male homosexuality is the ultimate redpill.

I always thought his reference to the immaculate uniform was to highlight the contrast between order and chaos - between civilization and savagery. Your conclusion about the barbarism of wartime activities, and how this equates us with savages, is your own.

wrong, but try again, eh

>be feminist
>fat/ugly
>go on Twitter to bitch about men because can't get laid
>personality sours, ass gets fatter, chins multiply
>realize that no matter how much you say this is beautiful, the utter lack of dick in your life constantly contradicts you
>go on Twitter to bitch some more
>personality gets worse, ass gets fatter, chins cease to exist as jawline and neck meld into one
>realize you'll die alone in your obese misery
>go on Twitter to bitch about men

Maybe if they spent less time bitching about men on Twitter and more time on a treadmill, they'd get enough dick to cut back their chances of a stroke. It's not the fault of men that they can't break out of their cycle of projection.

Not the chinese box office :)

(checked)
there's always males looking for low-hanging fruit
>pic related - a hamplanet and her feeder

Thanks to this we can eliminate all females and create a homosexual utopia.

Why is 1/2chan such hot garbage? Over on 4/Sup Forums you never see any of these blatant bait posts.

it's because ANTIFUGs only have resources to fuck with this site, and you all fucking fall for it.

i don't know about the homo-utopia that you're projecting onto this situation but i do know that the average IQ will jump by at least 5 points across the board

how does someone get THAT fat?

the problem is that those retard degenerates who spend their whole on twitter get amplified.

it's like all of those """"controversies"""" and """"""backlashes"""""" after a movie casting choice that turn out to be like 20 SJW accounts and maybe even alts.

in some ways, social media was a fucking mistake.

are you calling me a shill?
I found this thing on r9k and though it was relevant to politics so I posted it here
that and because I'm bored

Yes but that's the irony; they're saved by civilisation and order but civilisation and order for these young boys comes in the form of a military ship.

They could have been saved by a civilian ship or a boat full of nannies; the choice of the military is entirely deliberate. You need to remember the book was written in 1954 coming straight off the back of WWII.

This was already done. It's called "Temptation Island"

the episode where they had one person switch the island they were on was amazing

when a man was selected to go live on the womans island all the other men half-jokingly half-serious were saying "oh hes so lucky, imagine being the only man on an island full of women who havnt seen a man in months, I wish it was me going!"

and when a woman was selected to go live on the mans island all the other women half-jokingly half-serious were saying "oh shes unlucky, imagine being the only woman on an island full of men who havnt seen a woman in months, I'm glad it's not me going!"

then when the woman gets to the mans island she is treated like a fucking goddess, she just lays about on the beach sunbathing while the men run around fishing for her, gathering food for her and building her a separate bed/tent to sleep in, and the men are all perfectly happy to have a woman to dote on

meanwhile literally before the man has even gotten off the boat a woman hands him a spear and tells him to stay on the boat to fish for them, but the guy driving the boat says thats against the rules he needs to get off, and the guy is immediately put to work hunting for them and his work never stops the entire time he is there as they all lay about ordering him about like a slave, to which he never complains

also the only one to do anything creepy was a woman comes up to the one man and starts sniffing him and saying "oh, I havnt smelled a man in ages!"

>women stranded on an island band together and actually do something productive

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

>would set aside their differences and work to get off the island

>grab each other by the hair and start clawing at each other irl over shit like dresses

yeah okay

There was a survival programme on British TV called Eden set in a forest, a large mixed group had to survive for a year. it ended being cancelled because the women were useless lazy fuckers who did nothing but whine all the time bringing down moral and quiting.

So they just immediately die because women cant into survival

Double-checked, the argument for euthanasia in a gif.

>muh thyroid

I almost never hear fat men use that excuse, come to think of it. Can't remember a single instance.

They sound like a bizzaro Sup Forums

generally, they have a feeder - someone who does everything for them, including feeding, shopping for groceries, washing them and so on
i imagine the hamplanet you're referencing needs 10K+ calories a day just to stay that size

A-am . . . am I Hitler?

good thing she couldn't get on the horse
might've broken it's back

Lord of the Flies is like babby's first Blood Meridian

Only a fag farming for (You)s would view this site as social media.

Is it a modern setting? Girls or boys in that scenario would just die immediately.

(triple checked)
that hamplanet would eat the equivalent amount of food that could feed a family of 8-10 people, every day
not to mention the drain on the healthcare system and other gov't programs

Bear grylls - the island, another survival show where woman women prove to be fucking useless in survival

Also
>women saying WOMEN WOULD TOTALLY BE BETTER THAN UNDERAGE CHOIR BOYS IN THE SAME SETTING

What are they even going for?

I know it'll end up being a pile of shit, but really this isn't such a bad idea.

They're probably end up making an exact copy of Lord of the Flies with the genders switched and have that be the only difference.

I mean, the original was interesting not because of 'toxic masculinity' or whatever but because it was boys (not men) trapped on an island together, trying to survive and trying to hash out their position among the group. It was an actually interesting social commentary.

I'd like to see the same thing done but all-female. Hope it turns out well desu.