America is the final stage of modern Europe. Guénon called the United States 'the far West'...

>America is the final stage of modern Europe. Guénon called the United States 'the far West', in the novel sense that the United States represents the reductio ad absurdum of the negative and the most senile aspects of Western civilization. What in Europe exist in diluted form are magnified and concentrated in the United States whereby they are revealed as the symptoms of disintegration and cultural and human regression. The American mentality can only be interpreted as an example of regression, which shows itself in the mental atrophy towards all higher interests and incomprehension of higher sensibility. The American mind has limited horizons, one conscribed to everything which is immediate and simplistic, with the inevitable consequence that everything is made banal, basic and leveled down until it is deprived of all spiritual life. Life itself in American terms is entirely mechanistic. The sense of 'I' in America belongs entirely to the physical level of existence. The typical American neither has spiritual dilemmas nor complications: he is a 'natural' joiner and conformist.

>The Americans' 'open-mindedness', which is sometimes cited in their favor, is the other side of their interior formlessness. The same goes for their 'individualism'. Individualism and personality are not the same: the one belongs to the formless world of quantity, the other to the world of quality and hierarchy. The Americans are the living refutation of the Cartesian axiom, "I think, therefore I am": Americans do not think, yet they are. The American 'mind', puerile and primitive, lacks characteristic form and is therefore open to every kind of standardization.

Is he right?

>America is the final stage of modern Europe.

Nothing to see here guys, just another idiot that swallowed all the "murica best nation in the world" shit )))they((( fed him in the educational system.

What does John Malkovich have to do with anything?

?

>?

After reading the first 8 words if you could still take anything this idiot says seriously you need to immediately reassess your mental security.

Of course, he's right. Just look around.

>The Americans are the living refutation of the Cartesian axiom, "I think, therefore I am". Americans do not think, yet they are.

btfo and I ain't even mad because Jul-bear is right

sounds like a mentally deficient eurocuck still assmad that the chad revolutionists beat down the virgin empire.

>be shitty manleterranean rip off of nietzsche from a country that hasn't been relevant in 1700 years
>poo on american despite probably never visiting anywhere except new york or some coastcuck shithole
>le americans are literally just a foil for all the negative aspects in western civilization

whoa really activates my almonds

you should read again desu

Pretty good roast.
I give it 8/10

How to unironically be the ugly book cover you thought you saw and then prove everything contained therein as correct.

>How to unironically be the ugly book cover you thought you saw and then prove everything contained therein as correct.

Your nan is black and smells.

evola was a mentally unbalanced hack

Well, yes, this is basically true.

>proving him right in the first post in less than 2 minutes
impressive

He writes about America like an embittered and raving Tocqueville. Not that he's wrong.

It's funny how the burgers here are sperging. Americans are not really 'human' at this point, they are just machines, modern slaves.

So is the whole world now. We're just the most advanced country so we got there first.

I love to roast Americans as much as the next guy, and think he has some good points. However, I do not think it is so certain and linear. Perhaps a better representation would be, 'They think, but they are not.' Americans think through the massive quantities of information, in a way it replaces theological practise to collect newspapers, face the television at 6 o'clock, and then spend the evening gong through repair manuals.

It is the exhausting accumulation of information and production that allows them continue on. In a sense, they are always becoming, but never being. At the same time I do not know that any Western countries are different in this regard. To accumulate meaningless activity is a response to the tedium of levelled societies, each nation has their minor attachment to this base technocratic thinking. And some might say that this is a necessary step in awakening, the pointlessness of the activity will eventually stir the dead souls.

While I tend to agree with him there are also positive aspects to the 'American experiment'. The crudeness which often turns off a European traditionalist also lays bare another sort of freedom. These are freedoms of social activity and interaction, not without their own perils, which do not hold the constraining and stifled effects of European societies. And at the same time, it was the American settlement that allowed Europe to prosper and even survive.

While the American landscape suggests a crudeness and absurd brutalism, it also maintains a level of nature which is wholly lost in Europe. And Europe has the burden of melancholy and solemn surroundings - the traditional psychogeography of its cities which present a chasm to how people actually live. And perhaps it is this abrubtness of construction in the cities that causes Euros to be even more degenerate than the centre of the empire.

America is also not quite a nation. It is the size of Europe itself, and has quite distinct regional identities.

A frenchie and an esoteric pasta nazi are mad about the revolution against the brits? Wut?

52%

Reminder that all "esoterics" are navel gazing masturbators.

>The Americans' 'open-mindedness',
This is the most obnoxious one
Same with their overplayed friendliness

Sure

oh is that julius evola? i thought pol was supposed to be riding this guys dick 24-7