Should megachurches be tax exempt, or should they pay their fair share?

Should megachurches be tax exempt, or should they pay their fair share?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlR0giHWYUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No entity should be tax exempt.

I want all religious buildings to pay taxes, including mosques, because they are a public nuisance, spreading ignorance, bigotry, and hate. It will also hasten the demise of religion. I'm all for mega 'feel-good' temples, but religion is just lame as hell.

No churches should be tax EXEMPT.. if anything maybe just give them a lower rate

Taxation is theft, niggers steal, don't be a nigger user.

Churches should only be taxed if Synagouges and Mosques are.

What is their fair share? What is anyone's fair share? Have you paid yours?

Yes only because many churches today aren't even churches but tax shelters for "pastors" to funnel their money through.

It's not my place to judge but men of God who live in mansions doesn't sit right. Plus, his brand of Christianity misses the point entirely. Jesus didn't die on the cross so you could get that promotion

You use the infrastructure, you pay your fucking taxes.

No they shouldn't, and im not religious

As long as they dont cross the line into being principally political first and religious second, then they shouldn't pay tax.

What i find funny are all the people saying they should because everyone else has to. Those people should instead lobby against taxes for the rest, rather than acting like communists when they see how much ceos make

Also id like to point out that churches dont make a profit.

Anecdotally, the nearest megachurch to me has reinvigorated several of my family members interest in religion and some of them went on to seek a more intimate church

Wanting to tear down megachurches as if they are somehow worse is mere marxism wanting to tear down the strong or religion

>should they pay their fair share
Only when the megachurches of postmodernism stop receiving funding and begin paying their "fair share"

Nowhere should not pay taxes.

wouldn't taxing churches violate the first amendment?
>checkmate

taxation is theft but if us poor ppl have to pay then they should too and also increase tax on the rich

when i see this on pol
aka fuck over christians to put shithead muslims there..
end game known

>pay their fair share
that's commie speak

Taxation should be extremely fucking limited and shouldn't be used to punish citizens.

You can't charge tax on churches because they make no income. Donations are a gift.

I should be tax exempt, I work hard enough already.

You fuckhead they already pay a %42 tax rate.

>megachruches
HAHAHAHA, Jesus was a capitalist.
To be fair he's a wet dream of every church's preacher, a man who wants to crown himself the pope of USA.

>wanting niggers in your $100 million dollar church
You can't ever get the smell out.

Right? I mean what does value even mean and how can you even measure a person's potential in units? Bruh

That depends on how comfortable you are with religious organizations now being able to wield political power directly.

When the 'Vote for me or go to hell' party sweeps the house in 2030, you may reconsider your desire to more closely involve government and churches.

Wouldn't you say that most religion in inherently conservative and therefore is influencing politics?

The intention may or may not be to change people's political opinions but the results are the same

They are nothing but motivational speakers hiding behind a bible, they should pay taxes. Any preacher that will parrot the jews are god chosen people get the tax exception. osteen is married to a jew. osteen is living large mansions, yachts, a jet, 200k car

You know hes a kike right

I qualified my statement with principally political first

If for instance the us government wants to abolish religion, then suddenly every church would of course become political

He's taking flood victims now:
youtube.com/watch?v=KlR0giHWYUs

The notion that religious leaders should make absolutely nothing is not protestant

Osteen has done more for religion in the country than anyone

It's already starting to look messy.

osteen is con man that should pay taxes

if they arent tax exempt they tehn can demand a say in government as an organization, their tax status keeps the separation of church and state in play without it we would find ourselves embroiled in constant internal political holy wars

synagogues have to pay triple

They aren't churches. They are self help seminars. A mega church sermon is no different from gorilla mindset and other crap.

>megachurches
who the fuck uses these things?
im really asking

How exactly does a country stay out of debt when there's no taxes, though? You gonna start donating to the government? lol

Many Trump voters, I assume.

tax him

what the fuck is a mega church, that doesnt sound humble

and because of this, they'll never will

They SHOULD pay taxes and they SHOULD be fucking non profit

remember when martin luther said you couldn't pay to make your sins go away?
megachurches are the US way of telling old martin
> yes, you can

True. My mother goes to one of those mega churches. They have a live band that plays for 15 minutes then they talk about a verse or two from the bible for another 15 minutes and then shill for donations. They passed out a piece of paper that basically said you would go to hell if you didn't give that specific church 10% of your income.

The very people he pissed off are now shating on his new rugs

what is 42% of one hundred billion trillion nigger have you checked a middle class and rich class difference chart

Diet religion. Lets you play Christian without doing any the hard parts. Pastor Osteen will tell you whatever you wanna hear as long as you pay the tithe.

They should be taxed bigly, trust me.

ITT Atheists who will start screeching "separation of church and state!!1!" whenever they want to bulldoze statues of the 10 Commandments outside of court houses but then start saying the government needs to start taxing churches.

this. If i didnt have any morals, id start my own religion and be tax exempt too.