Worked ECP at a Forensics Assessment Unit in a mental hospital, ask me anything

What the Hell does any of that mean?

Its basically a jail within a mental hospital for people who are claiming insanity to get out of doing prison time.

ECP= Entry Control Point. Security Officer.

Did the dindus do^

When's Half-life 3 coming out? Oh wait

Pic unrelated

Strangest thing to happen on shift?

Yea this. Give us the bread

Bird cages on the roof. 3 floor hospital, but 7 floors of research towers. Some patients were held for years, so guys would occasionally sign wavers to allow the hospital to test experimental meds. Some patients came back down from there and were never the same.

Have you ever had any interesting conversations with a schizo? Any rare moments of lucidity amongst the insane ramblings?

Oh should also specify: the research towers had lab rats they did tests on, but they were letting these birds out to fly around. Also Monark symbols are on a lot of meds in the labs.

s/o to half life 1 :)

Do you ever see the G-man?

Try to avoid the patients, they are all off to different degrees. You will occasionally see someone practicing karate and talking to imaginary people, things like that

No, but lots of military. Hospital inhouse security has a higher clearance, I just do the ECP. I googled their company, lot of DND ties. (This was in a different country than posting)

So they tested meds on people who went up into the research towers, or...?

Yes. Now here's the thing. They could sign consent to get the meds tested, but to get the consent revoked they need a psychiatrist to sign as well. Also a lot of these guys are facing potentially decades in prison if they don't do the dance and get the insanity defense, many for pretty fucked up crimes.

How bout that beer you owe me?

What kind of stuff do they test on people?

Not sure. I've only looked at the labs as I've been doing my rounds, but I don't actually have access to them. The place is very compartmentalized. Higher clearance guards from a different company handle the patients and take them up to the towers and back. I've seen a lot of Monarch Butterfly symbols on some of the vials, about the only notable/ concerning thing I can actually say just looking through without appearing to be nosy.