California Gulag

I just spent 5 days in a literal insane asylum (commiefornia gulag) for voting trump and being an nra member. I've a very clean cut person and life a pretty typical upper middle class lifestyle, if this could happen to me it could happen to anyone. AMA.

Are you circumcised or uncircumcised?

why do you make stuff up?

>for voting for trump and being an NRA member
what did you really do, assuming this isn't larping

Meth or coke?

Is your name Wayne?

Cut, wish my parents hadn't fallen for the jew trick

Because I'm a fiction writer (hobby), OP is 100% legit though, made to volunteer to commit myself at gunpoint (metaphorically, but the other option would have an actual criminal charge slapped on me).

Pretty sure in commieland you can be committed for a few days if someone suspects you have any mental issues.

So you weren't locked up "for voting trump and being an nra member" but for being a degenerate?
as always OP IS A FAGGOT

this thread again?

sage

It's not Jewish it's Anglo retard

A gulag is a labor prison camp.

If you weren't forced to work while you were in there, then it wasn't a gulag.

Did you cry?

How did they justify committing you?

Why are you not suing the shit out of the state?

I have spent over 10 years of my life in mental hospitals.
Way way better then going to prison which I have also done.
Did you suck a dick?

What was their """diagnosis"""?

>actual criminal charge slapped on me
What?

They kept me for 4 months. I escaped. Might just be because im batshit insane at times. Eitherway its orwellian.

Post what you did or GTFO.

Father passed away recently and moved in to guest house on parents property to help me mom with affairs.

Working on a project, wasn't going my way, chimped out and smashed a beer bottle which cut me a bit so I had to go inside to clean off and bandage my wounds. Definitely not the smoothest thing I've done, but not the worst either.

Mom flipped out from seeing blood and I made a couple flippant sarcastic comments that she must have taken as not sarcasm at the time, called cops without warning my, after I'd gone to bed.

Knock on my door, they had led the witness with my mom to basically say I was psychotic and dangerous. She's naive and signed a form which let them take me with them.

She has since fully acknowledged what was written on the form was inaccurate, but once it's signed it is tough to fight (I was served a 5150 which bars me from beign around firearms for 5 years, plan to fight because I was planning to go into the AF as a chemical engineer).

They wanted to hold me 21 days, had to fight tooth and nail to get out in 5. And this was a literal mental asylum.

Interviewing me and my mother, they had the following concerns about me:
>Support for hawkish political ideologies
>"Ardent" firearm and weapon enthusiast (I own a couple which I take to the range maybe every other month and joined the nra)
(when the case worker heard the above about me it clearly worried; she was clearly one of those kinds of those liberals they believe conservativsm is an actual mental illness)
>Violent threats (my sarcastic comments)
>Tendencies for self hard (my mom told them she thought I "may have" intentionally harmed myself rather than accidentally. They erased the "may" on the statement.

Profile of me:
Mentally and physically healthy other than stress related to dad passing
Drug free (even weed)
Valedictorian of my high school, double stem major from UC Berkeley
No criminal history

As I said, this should could happen to anyone

What were conditions there like? Were they as bad as in prisons?

show us your release documents or fuck off, larper
sage

"danger to self and others" based on above information

Talked to a lawyer about that, it NEVER goes favor of suit because the police and case workers can make up whatever shit to hold me in the asylum for up to 21 days (after that actually have to formally diagnose and medicate me)

Best I can hope for is to get this fully off my record (5150 is hippa classified but still comes up for security clearance background checks and bars gun possession for 5 years)

Unfortunately I am going to have to really throw my mom under the bus to do so (paint her as an overreacting, grieving widow). She's not happy about that, but willing to do it because she acknowledges she got me royally fucked.

If true you need to cut contact forever with your mother.

this happened to a friend of mine. his parents had him commited because they didn't like the way he was acting. they were both teachers. court ordered psych meds when he finally got released. Risperdal, he died in his sleep in his 20's.

Pic attached, I'm not larping

My ward was tame, most were just suicidal housewives but some coocoos that were grabby and mumbled incoherent shit, but nothing dangerous.

Across the way was the ward with the psycho motherfuckers. Just a few days before I got in one smashed a patients skull into their plexiglass window and smashed it bad. I could hear people screaming from that side and it was fucking terrifying.

Everything was made to be as death proof as possible. Rounded edges, no bars, showerhead and sink was indented so you couldnt lever off it, etc.

Night time they would come in your room every 20 minutes to make sure you weren't dead. Food proportions were tiny and pretty bad. Nothing to do but hit on a couple nurses since stuck between my room and common area. We were treated like children, the activities they lined up were like arts and crafts shit with safety scissors. No access to outside world (internet, cell phone, etc), could not bring ANY electronics in so they wouldn't let me use my kindle to read.

Staff gave out benzos like candy to keep us sedated, people who lipped off could get forcibly sedated over nothing.

Basically they did everything to prevent death, but didn't give a shit about promoting life.

Alright so what interesting shit did you see in the asylum? 5 days probably isn't enough for stories but what happened there?

Not this time, but i laid a pretty hard ultimatum on her if she ever calls cops on my again, namely that I will do just. Only child, widow. Callign the cops and she has no more family anymore.

Plus need her to testify on my behalf to try and get this shit scrubbed.

nevermind it was answered.

Got put by force and law into a closed mental assylum 14years ago. They drugged me with horribe stuff. It was pure horror all at all. Theres nothing you can do, they can just make shit up and conspire with the judge

Basicly the same thing is going on here.

Benzos are given out like candy. Everyone gets mood stabilizers like seroquell. And everyone is treated like babies without diapers.

It was the most inhumane way i have ever been treated. Its disqusting.

>bipolar 1

Maybe because they don't want you to associate positive things with the mental ward.

One guy like said to me "It's like clarence thomas (sic) said 'everytime a bell rings and angel gets its wings'" (took a pause) poked his nose "It's my beak" then tilted his head back, took a swig of milk, tilted it forward and milk came out his nose.

Same dude tweaked my nipples the next day so I had to shove him. Staff almost classified it as a fight, but one dude stuck up for me, so I did not have my stay extended.
I also saw "Gil" from the simpsons. Poor guy that looks and acted EXACTLY like him. Stressing out because he couldnt get his meds.

Oh and the "world's nicest domestic abuser" as I called him. I guy who told me about slamming his wife to the ground and breaking her ribs is the most "awe shucks" demeanor possible. Dressed like a big kid (plain blue tee, cargo shorts)

Actually had a few anecdotes I wrote down, I'll go find the page if you want more.

A similar situation happened to me in a "red state". The cops, minorities, and especially the legal system are never on your side.

>>I literally talked to a "mesoamerican" woman with a gun in my hand...
>> the cops charge me with misdemenors
>> one year later they change them to felonies for no apparent reason

Great country we have here

your mom is a fucking cunt for doing that, just saying.

Were you forcibly drugged?
Did you see or experience mistreatment or torture?
Was there bodily privacy? Were you stripped?

Sure if you're up for posting stories I'll read em

bump for this

>AMA
>Not just a QnA
Found the Reddit cuck.

>26 years old, double STEM major from Berkeley
>living at home with your mother
>didn't try to kill yourself
>probably should have tried to kill yourself

Me no, I kept my wits and played it REALLY cool. Even when they forced me to "volunteer" to stay 2 extra days because the bitch doc didnt want to do paperwork over the weekend in regards to my discharge

I did see them drug people with a shot in the ass left and right, sometimes justified, sometimes mouthing off.

"Gil" who I mentioned above, they deprived his seroquel for several hours just to fuck with him and he became a real mess.

Most of the staff were actually pretty chill desu, docs were lazy and did not give a fuck about us though.

I was stripped coming in and going out to compare scars, tats, etc. Probably to prevent lawsuits and shit. They could strip people at will though if they wanted, during the sedation.

Eat a cock. I've been here for just a couple months to help me mom deal with affairs after my dad passed.

They're trying to make you crazy, OP.

Well actually they did make me take benzos under threat of extension if I did not, so I guess I was. I guess I just didnt really count that bc benzo fuelend naps were about all the sleep I could get (what with them checking in every 20 minutes and night and shit.

Get a job you bum. It doesn't take a couple months to "deal with affairs". You're Mom has probably done all the hard shit by herself already. My Dad died when I was a junior in university, you get over it.

Grow the fuck up, you're 26. If you want to help your Mom and yourself at the same time move out and stay moved out.

You should cease all contact with your mother.

Cock -> your mouth

She fell apart, barely feeds herself if I don't cook and has trouble keeping up with bills and shit. Also absolutely spineless so I have to fight off the vultures that are trying to pick money and shit from us (my dad was always begged for money from his addict sister. He could say no, my mom has trouble) It's actually becoming a real pain

HAHAHA Welcome to CA faggot! Your kind is not welcome here.

This guy get it.

26 years and you had no idea your mom would pull this shit? Get real. You deserved it.

Oh, by the way: good luck getting a waiver for a 5150. Plenty of kids coming out of Berkeley interested in the AF without little hissy fits on their records.

Trying to blame the liberals on your domestic rage/abuse problems. You are lame. Die in a fire faggot.

4/10 b8. Almost there, you can do it!

She might have legit permafucked up your life.

If she let's you use her as a piggy bank then I might stay and NEET off of her.

Naw I didn't have any criminal charge that will, but if I can't get the airforce shit fixed, she definitely changed my path (I was gonna get them to cover my chem e grad school then work for 4-8 years).

I do own a few firearms which I'm legit concerned about. Right now they're in the gun safe and I had to change the combo. I have about as strong of a case as possible to get this shit purged, but ultimately it comes down to the judge the decide.

She certainly delayed my fixing of my current "NEETness" though

>it can happen to anyone

Not if your mother isn't a neurotic basketcase.

that will follow me*

5150 is just a medical thing. Only comes up in government background checks for security clearances, no private corporartion can see it. I had a friend who got the same thing (though he's legit loopy and deserved it), and he was still able to work a decent job (until he flipped out and went psycho and basically became a leech of his trust fund, but that's a different story).

Girlfriend, wife, roommate, etc

Anyone living with you could potentially cause this shit.

Look at what happened to Kayne
Glad you're OK user
I agree with what another user wrote - let your mom know you'll cut contact immediately if she tries to control you again in any way
remember: she needs you more than you need her

She actually happened to glance at my pc (shows me for bringing my laptop inside while grabbing a drink) and chimped out that I was "blaming" her. Even though she has said so, clearly hasn't actually committed to her mind that she was irrational, which is a lil worrisome.

So I had to firmly remind her that she calls the cops on me without warning again and we are DONE.

Thankfully I've almost gotten the keys to the finances handed over (not that I want to do anything with it other than throw in a buncha vanguard funds). Once that happens that will take a huge burden off and I can feel like I can gtfo this house without too much worry of my inheritance getting pissed away on some schiester selling magic beans.

Contrary to the opinion of the dude above trying to b8 me, I am not a fan of being in close proximity with my mom at this age of my life. Currently between work (and now airforce is on hold, approximately would have gone in in 1-2 mo otherwise) but have a pretty good nestegg for my age so I could afford to live on my own for a while and was until just a couple months ago.

You'll be just fine user
Remind your mom that it's not her job to make your life miserable, and that she should be on your team to help you succeed, not work against you.

My mom pulled the same shit on me, when I was your age. All it takes is a meek women who doesn't like conflict and naively believes what the cops coerce her to do.

Are you gay now?

This. You described the situation to a fucking T. She was upset of my anger issues (I have dont stuff like this a couple times before, never caused as much blood though) and was too meek to confront me so called the cops.

She is naive and believe they are your friend and cant lie to you. She also allows herself to be sold bulshit a lot (eg "may automatically fall off his record" means "will auto fall off his record" to her. She had no intention of making anything stick on me, I think she just wanted me put in adult time out)

I'm also upset because we have a chow that is really wary of strangers. Doesn't bite, but barks aggressively. Cops shoot dogs for less all the time, and she didn't even put him in another room or anything. WTF was she thinking???

no lol, but it's funny you say that because my old friend who was commited to a similar place discovered he was actually bi when he consented to sucking off a nig in there who literally had HIV.

I totally could have gotten with one of the nurses though if there weren't cameras fucking everywhere.

>calling the cops for anything other than a life threatening situation

Why do people do this?

The Air Force will not accept you.

t.AirForcevet

If not just b8ing why do you say that?

That is, if I get the 5150 purged, I could get why they wouldn't if that stuck.

I have a strong, diverse academic and skill background (AS Math, comp sci, electrical engineering. BA (cal doesnt do bs for a lot of things) Biochemistry, Economics) and not other chimpouts, no drugs, etc. Do they just have that much demand for their tech, officer level jobs?