A $1,000 per month cash handout would grow the economy by $2.5 trillion, new study says

>Giving every adult in the United States a $1,000 cash handout per month would grow the economy by $2.5 trillion by 2025, according to a new study on universal basic income.

>The idea of a universal basic income has been promoted lately by technology leaders and Silicon Valley billionaires.

>Some, like Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk, see cash handouts as a solution to the imminent threat of automation to the labor force. Musk has said that universal basic income will be a virtual necessity because robots will put so many low-skilled workers out of a job.

>Others, like Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, think handouts could give everyone the safety net necessary to think like an entrepreneur. Zuckerberg touts UBI as a way to ensure people are not afraid to take risks to pursue the projects and business ventures they are passionate about.

>Y Combinator President and Silicon Valley heavyweight Sam Altman has launched an initiative to study the long-term effects on human behavior of getting a cash handout. The research is still in process.

cnbc.com/2017/08/31/1000-per-month-cash-handout-would-grow-the-economy-by-2-point-5-trillion.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_income_tax
youtube.com/watch?v=JqowmHgxVJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oDkHLPanjkQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who will give it ?tax payers ,knowing that every government has deficit spending money will be taken either by borrowing or raising taxes ,both options are shit .

>doing what you're "passionate" about is good
Chilren.

holy shit are we in another stock market bubble. literally nigger economics.

What's the secret plan behind all of this? Why are billionaires suddenly pushing for money handouts?

But it will cost something like 3 trillion?

This makes no financial sense at all.

250 million * 12000

Distributing loot does not help the economy.
Producing helps the economy.
see venezuela

Jesus, imagine giving nogs $1000 a month that they can spend on drugs and booze. Fuck that.

It doesn't really make any sense. The tax increases needed to give every adult $1000 a month would be staggering. Good luck.

Have you ever heard of inflation you economic illiterate nigger
Where would that money come from? The government would have to print insane amounts of money in order to have enough for the population, it would make currency worthless, you can't create money out of thin air and have no consequences.

jesus christ, fuck off with this shit. It wont grow the economy by that much just like the "tax refund checks" of Bush didnt do more than let niggers buy more gin and menthols, while the majority of recipients saved it.

Gotta have a stable economy before you can grow it. Thats what most people dont get.

It's all part of their fucking plan to enslave us and microchip everyone

so the poor dont riot and kill them?

Unless those billionaires pony up for it themselves, it won't work.

>give alan a tenner
>act surprised when alan spends his new tenner
9000 hours in economics

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
MORE WELFARE HAHAH
AH
AH
AHAHAHAHAHA
HA
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The plan is to give everyone money. Once they are are used to it, they demand that we all get microchips put into our brains

fix'd

I bet these are the same "experts" that say if we totally opened our borders our GDP would double or some shit.

Got there first. What they are saying is that the economy will grow by the exact amount of the handout. Terrible investment.

And we haven't even discussed where this handout comes from and debt yet.

>a stable economy
This, and also a stable economy requires a stable country.
You can't grow a country when there's terrorist attacks all the time.

I'm a doley, here's a more accurate depiction of inside the mind of a doley (basic income recipient)

>What's the secret plan behind all of this? Why are billionaires suddenly pushing for money handouts?
Complete dependence on the system. The plan is basically whatever dystopian novel or sci-fi movie you want to choose, they all work on the same principles, a completely controlled underclass under mass surveillance, administrative class that are basically corporate drones, and the elite class that can do whatever they want.
Unironically this.

absolutely false.

>where this handout comes from
it comes from nowhere, even if they tax everyone to the point that they can pay for it (on paper).

if you attempt to double the size of your economy through just printing money, you will suffer hyperinflation. it doesn't matter how big your economy is.

The milton friedman version of UBI is NIT

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_income_tax

basic income would basically increase prices to the point that such income is not enough to live and you're back to square one, having to work for a living ... except there'd be no jobs in a country that salaries sky-rocketed

>put money from your right hand to your left hand
>WTF I just grew the economy!
This is what UBI tards actually believe

The economy won't collapse itself.

Something like this. They'll be able to control all behavior.

you can't live on $1,000 a month here unless you live in some hippie commune or with your rich boomer parent's

>Finnish population: 5,5 million
>Yearly budget 54 billion euro = 64,3 billion usd
>cost of guaranteed basic income(wo/extra bureaucratic expenses) 66 billion USD or 102% of the Finnish yearly state budget.
So how the fuck is Finnland going to fund this stuff while maintaining basic infrastructure.

> worthless layabout bums deserve free shit
> will create utopian magical world
youtube.com/watch?v=JqowmHgxVJQ
fuck you.
go to work faggot.

almost guaranteed less people would work

the the ones who do ... won't necessary work on useful things ... people would just do whatever they want, for as long as they want, with no commitment

this means true supply of important things would drop big time, and prices would skyrocket for the things people need

and as prices skyrocket, basic income is not enough to live, requiring people to go back to work, only this time there would be no jobs, in a country where production costs are up on the roof

not all but the majority of people. some with have jobs that give them enough money to not need to basic income. Others will find ways to live without it by banding together. It will not be enough though that they can't threaten them with violence. The thing that is most telling about all this are the people that advocate it

Yeah so be smart and put the money in bitcoin

Exactly, giving out money just increases prices to the point it was a waste of time. They learned this under FDR for fucksake.

Imagine not being able to live on $10,000

that's basic income

i have a better idea, follow me till the end
>Give infinite money to people
>Print or tax infinite money
>Economy grows infinite amount
>????
>Profit

you see cause its infinite we will never run out of it.

I'll be wait my nobel prize.
-Yours truly a retard.

Mass inflation.

Most of the billionaires have their money set in precious metals, rare earth metals, industrial stocks, etc. Their money and power won't disappear by hyper inflating the currency. Meanwhile the masses will be looking forward to a $100 bread, industries that the billionaires control. Essentially gives them the power to decide who gets to survive and who gets to die. It will give them huge power and leverage.

Demand is collapsing, which leads to deflation and depression spiral. Thia is the new stimulus program. Instead of giving money to bank and waiting for them to loan it out, they will just start giving everyone money every month.

It would grow the economy, certainly. But it would also cause mass inflation, thus reducing the worth of money. I'm also quite sure people like these businessmen could make certain that the money was paid using mostly their own wallets, but they won't. They want people poorer than them to pay. The problem with them personally ensuring the payments comes from their primary motivation, which is to ensure that the poor have more shekels to shell out for their thumb-screwing-for-cash services, which in turn would be negated if they had to pay out of pocket. Of course, they're just going to have to raise prices again in the other case, resulting in them losing purchasing power and the poor losing purchasing power.

This economy is now about wheelbarrows.

only way for basic income to work .... is to cash in your basic income, take that money and live on a normal country for the rest of the year ..... come back, cash in, repeat

So what your saying is that the jews are getting cut out of the deal?

What happens when the basic income fails to cover essentials and all welfare is removed as people seem to clamour for?

Seems to me like it will fail miserably.

any country with basic income would skyrocket prices so much, that such basic income wouldn't pay for the non-existent supplies of food no one's making, houses no one are building, and all the things that require all the annoying work

doesn't matter if the basic income is $1,000 or $5,000 or $10,000 ... prices are only relative to demand and supply ... if a country lowers their supply and increases their demand, prices will keep going up until you're back to where you started, only worse, because a country with hyperinflation is not competitive in the global market

First for Niggers spend it all on drugs and alcohol.

Chances are there will be a policing class if that isnt automated yet. The police will be as removed from the underclass as best they can; ensuring no hesitation in enacting their orders. Basically, we give you more than them to keep them in line, fuck up and youre out.

Who wouldn't boot poor people if it ment your family could survive

that's what GDP is

Yeah, nah

would grow the economy by 2.5 trillion, and decrease the economy by 20 trillion

There's that Soviet joke.

Comrade A asks comrade B: what do you think, when we finally reach communism, will there still be police?
Comrade B replies: Nyet, comrade A! In real communism, every comrade will know when to arrest himself.

>L I T E R A L L Y helicopter money

>implying people on welfare self improve, meet people, enjoy life or help community

simple, make the handouts voluntary. those that don't want it don't get it

We've seen government handouts in places such as Sweden and Germany. The handout plan will lead to more welfare bums on the street, and will entice more refugees to move to these places.

Pure lunacy. What will be the source of those gimedats? Tax?

No such thing as free shit. You'd probably have to comply with a whole host of conditions for ((( them))) to even consider you as a neetbux candidate.

if everyone's jobs are going to be replaced by robots in the near future why the fuck do we need immigrants? This shit is fishy as fuck

yes. most likely tax on tech companies. or they distribute it themselves

Bump.

>where this handout comes from

The government will take $5,000 from someone like me, give it to societal leeches, then give me 1,000 fake dollars that they just printed and tell me "you should be happy, you just got $1,000."

They want the automation. The equivalent of ethical slavery where workers work 24/7, down only for maintenance time, not paid except for the maintenance costs. No safety procedures, no workers' rights, no nothing. Imagine the profits, even when you give handouts, the profits increase by an order of magnitude.

>Giving every adult in the United States a $1,000 cash handout per month

stopped reading there, fuck america, give money to europeans instead

>why the fuck do we need immigrants?

we don't dumbfuck. this will eliminate the left's narrative

If I identify as Transwealthy will Bill Gates give me all his money. I was born into the body of a poor person but I identify as a rich person. Bigots wont give me their money, it's all so tiresome

I'm all for it so long as you kill all the fucking social programs. It would probably be a net savings.

corporations need to pay for it or fuck off.
should be called the jew tax

Can I move to the US for gibs? I want to enjoy your country and meet self-improved people.

I know that, that's why I said it seems fucking fishy as fuck. Have immigrants, the economy needs it. Your jobs will be taken by robots have free money

>will Bill Gates give me all his money.

you should look into the gates foundation. he's actually giving away all his money

President Bush tax rebate up to $600.00

did you JUST realize the left is all BS?

yeah that's why he should give it to me since i'm Transwealthy. He doesn't know the pain I endure every day. Seeing other rich people living a carefree life while I toil away. I identify as one of them

Fuck 'meet people' and 'help community'.
Probably along with 'enjoyment' too.

I see you enjoyed getting destroyed last night so much that you decided to make this thread again this morning. Fucking kill yourself you useless piece of shit. Nobody loves you and never will, kill yourself

This nigga woke.

in the united states GDP would fall as national debt climbs from handing out money it doesnt have and that will decrease the value of our fiat currency and cause a mass exodus in the currency market that the fed would have to compensate for

but internationally america would loose currency value when you look at the post basic income exchange rates. how do dumb people not understand that if it was as easy as minting away all your problems there would be no 3rd world countries. like all of a sudden humanity realized it could make more units of a currency and nobody ever dreamed of making more of them in the past

No thanks. Somehow our national debt was doubled in 8 years to 20,000,000,000,000.
OFF the teet!

Completely retarded. This will quadruple the size of ghettos all across the nation, disenfranchise an already bleak law enforcement outlook and allow even more illegals to funnel away money out of the country and not into the economy like its supposed to.

it's the left pushing for it though. Like I said before the only reason I can see a reason for this is to microchip and control everyone

Agreed. That passionate meme is bullshit. Do what makes a lot of money and funnel the cash into your hobbies. Its not that fucking hard. Lefties just want to live in a state of constant euphoria of drugs , 0 responsibilities, 0 accountability, and degeneracy due to their mental illness.

>It's all part of their fucking plan to enslave us and microchip everyone

you can work too you know

The rich are rich because they have money they dont spend. The poor are poor because they hand their money to the nearest rich man as soon as they can via retailers. They know that the initial pain of giving the masses a cash injection is worth the immediate boost when 100 million people blow $1000 simultaneously on dumb shit

>a completely controlled underclass under mass surveillance, administrative class that are basically corporate drones, and the elite class that can do whatever they want.

and this is different from our current system how?

yes but do you think most people would have enough drive to find the motivation to either find employment only a human can do. Or the intelligence to come up with something a robot or algorithm cannot achieve?

partially true.
i have a friend who has taught himself to paint in oils while on welfare. he's now working on moving that into a self sustaining enterprise.
there are people who would become more civic and activated if they didnt have to worry about the basic living requirements.

Enforcement Droid Series 209 will get redpilled from being connected to the internet and kill all niggers

I wouldn't mind $1k a month, BUT it would have to come with restrictions.

>Or the intelligence to come up with something a robot or algorithm cannot achieve?

AI isn't very good at creative stuff. yet

>yes but do you think most people would have enough drive to find the motivation to either find employment only a human can do.

if you don't have drive, you deserve to be enslaved

gets paid $12,000 USD a year and mummy will still pay for his tendies so he can by a waifu bot

but desu UBI just means state sanctioned black breeding programme

The same reason they're pushing for unlimited third world immigration. More consumers with more cash = growth. Because stupid shit like family and nations take a back seat to wealth.

youtube.com/watch?v=oDkHLPanjkQ

I did not say AI, I said algorithm. They are different things. Same as a robot is different to an algorithm

they probably will die in the end, this is most people. Maybe those guild stones are right

You'll see, you're not even at 70% yet.

For example, you won't be able to own a car as a private citizen, you'll have to use shared cars that videotape everything happening in them and track everyone in them.

There will be a Sesame-like system like in China, where you'll score points for being a "good citizen", most things (including reporting other citizens to the NKVD) will be gamified so as to maximize participation.

You will not be able to live outside cities anymore, as the associated costs will be prohibitive and regulations will be ludicrous.

You don't even have facial recognition cameras covering every street corner and store/building interior yet like China does, you have a long way to go.

Because of the fake Wall St. projections of buying and selling. Nobody has the money to buy therefore we are heading for an economical crash like we've never seen, the numbers have been inflated beyond actual consumer spending, now its time to buy or pay the piper. Bush did it with a couple of "tax rebates" and people bought a bunch of shit they didn't need, maybe it worked, I don't know.

Police will definitely be automated, too much risk of a popular uprising if the police is human since cops can decide to not support the rotten dystopian totalitarian regime, whereas robots are programmed to stomp any uppity proles if they get out of line.