PISA 2015 Sup Forums edition

Singapore tops latest OECD PISA global education survey, Japan, Estonia, Finland and Canada are the 4 highest performing OECD countries.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3TCpzSe4cs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgxnle0d_-U
www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8PyHVDmbZo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wbl-PflEc0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZjxkDA1s-c
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xpOn0OzXEw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiczDPx96ac
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdMN8ioUYGc
www.nier.go.jp/kokusai/pisa/video/How_does_PISA_work_640x360.mp4
all4ed.org/debunking-seven-myths-about-pisa/
www.oecd.org/pisa/pisafaq/
www.oecd.org/pisa/data/
52.31.27.158/PISAoccupations/

OECD PISA tests the skills and knowledge of 15 year-olds, providing the global benchmark for the quality, equity and efficiency of school systems.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSCiMbMVDLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are 15-year-old students happy in your country?

Immigrant students perform better in science than non-immigrants in ARE, AUS, CAN, GBR, HKG, ISR, JOR, MAC, QAT, SGP, & USA

Where do disadvantaged students achieve the best results in science?

It all comes down to IQ.

What does the share of top performers and low achievers look like in your country?

Money is not everything

A lot of students in high performing countries do not want to become scientists

Students from similar socioeconomic backgrounds perform very different

-

I thought Singapore was a 3rd World country

Slovenia not bad

Ud be surprised
Comparing to singapur, usa is 3rd world
Those dudes actually banned littering on the street with enormous cash penalties and have the cleanest metropolis on earth

Only young Singaporeans are smart

lol American education system delivering once again

The term 3rd world originally meant countries that were not aligned to the US faction and the USSR faction in the cold war. If you use this definition i guess we are a third would country.

>americuck education

>Immigrant students in USA perform better.
>Immigrant students in Aus perform better.
Am surprised? Asians dragging up the average as always

You dont learn a shit but you are happy in school.

3rd world country mentality

Wtf happens in Iceland, I thought they had a good educational system.

Also:

>Sweden, Denmark and Norway

The nordic great system myth.

>tfw we would be top 10 if it wasn't for Walloonniggers.

Look at this chart (), then look at this ().

15-year-olds won't take education serious when they are happy.

>Worst performing students
>happiest
No surprise.

Shit will change next year, if they don't fuck it up.

>Belgiums minister of health

WE BEAT THE KRAUTS!

BRITISH AND EX COLONIAL DOMINATION

Swedish education system is a fuckup of epic scale. IDK about Norway and Denmark.

kek

Not really, there are countries in which all students are relatively happy no matter their performance like in Finland, meanwhile smarter students in Japan and Iceland are happier than their not so competent compatriots, while in the Netherlands is the other way around dumber Dutch students are happier than smarter Dutch students

Swedish decline stopped in 2015

Are you serious?
It is just graph that stopped.

Ebin

BRING ME SOLO

lel we are more smarter than I thought

Finland is fucked, I know. Too much of Swedish influence

En el gráfico solo sale la Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, obviamente si la muestra hubiera sido de toda la Argentina, hubieran salido mucho más abajo (como mostraron los resultados de 2012 y 2009, CABA se desempeña mejor que las otras provincias argentinas)

ITALY: HIGHEST IQ IN THE EU
yet it is a shithole

This is the result of our culture fading and teens being more on their smartphone and kikebook than looking at books
I mean i was in gymnasium and also had those Pisa tests and they were catastrophic
And i can tell you why
Because the Teachers and the ED System takes more weight into white shaming us, telling us are bad goys because of ww2 and brainwash us with their marxist agenda
Im not even Kidding
History Lessons were like 90 % Hitler, and 10 % Habsburg
I never even heard of the Weimar Rebuplic as an Example
Its just crazy, my english sucks because we had our teacher was so fucking bad. The most complex thing we did, was reading an english newspaper
After getting a job, and heaving to read and understand business english i nearly shat myself, because the difference was so big
The other Classes were mostly about how we have to accept immigrants, how we have to vote for radical left parties, why canada is so great, because they are so liberal etc
I swear, if i think back, i can only shake my head
The Kikery in my school and in our schools is disgusting
I had to hold debates with the topic turkish gangsterap in germany and austria
Please nuke us, we are doomed
It only gets worse, and i dont know what they are now teaching in schools
Probably how to suck ahmeds cock

We had Sex education when we were 12 or so
Our Sex Education Teacher talked about how its not possible to insert your Head into a Vagina
She asked us "You have probably all seen the video where the guy puts his head into the womens vagina right? thats not possible"
And i thought to myself, you ugly cunt what are you talking, we are kids, no one has seen this video
I mean, i have seen it back then, so i knew what she was talking about, but i was fucked from the beginning anyway
But just to bring such a topic up is crazy

OP give me the time on average the students on each country spend studying at home

No way, this is bullshit

that chart just gave me an idea hold it

Yes I know, that's pretty much cheating; but still I'm surprised CABA is above countries as Greece and Iceland.

Honestly the fact that we're even close with 13% nigger and another 20-25% hispanic is pretty impressive. If you measured only the whites we'd be right up there with Singapore and Japan.

I aced English every single year without trying, I even knew more than the teachers in some areas which frustrated them to no end. I could also do a good British accent. I don't remember what they taught honestly, never paid attention.

Most teachers are total crap, they can't handle the students. The last English teacher I had hated me for being great at it without any effort, she thought it was unfair to the other students. Instead of incentivizing me to help my peers who were struggling she just put me apart from the rest. Sounds like intellectual communism now that I think about it.

kinda embarassing that nordic countries somehow score lower than we do desu

BRAVO PORTUGAL

When will we get more recent data? 2018?

that really activated my almonds

That IQ data is from Lynn is plain wrong, they took different studies on different age groups from different years and then averaged them. For example Portugal's adult IQ was measured 101 but the child IQ (don't remember the age bracket exactly- 11-15?) was 88. So it went like this:

Portugal average IQ = (101+88)/2 = 94.5
Since we score well on PISA they rounded it to 95.

You can look it up yourself, search 'lynn vanhanen 2012'. Then a PDF named "Intelligence: A Unifying Construct for the Social Sciences" should come up, scroll down for the source on national IQs.

>the current state of Sweden youtube.com/watch?v=OSCiMbMVDLI

i dunno i picked the first site coming up on google

the point is that the iq drops down the list

PISA is carried out every 3 years,so yes the next cycle will be in 2018 but the databases (and one or two OECD reports) are released in December of the next year (that is, until December 2019)

by the way, new countries joining in PISA 2018 for the first time include Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brunei Darussalam, Morocco, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine and maybe more Chinese provinces

I'd like to see the results for Nordic/West EU countries adjusted for ethnicity. Supposedly the gap between Swedish youth and non white swedes is only 40. Swedish average is 500. If 25% of swedens youth are nonwhite/immigrant or immigrant descended

X = swedes scores y = immigrant scores
X = y + 40

.75(y+40) + .25y = 500
Y = 470
X = 510

swedes score 510

Now personally, I think this is understating the results as it doesn't account for legal kids of immigrants etc.

In the US, the average PISA for whites is 531, and for nonwhites it's 470 or lower. That's a gap of60 points, and means that if the US was purely white we'd be near Finland, and without any cheating or being an artificial nation like Singapore. I would like to see the gap between native white swedes/Germans and nonwhite immigrants. I guarantee you it's 60 points or more.

>Those dudes actually banned littering on the street with enormous cash penalties and have the cleanest metropolis on earth

thats how it is in the US
the difference is that singapore doesnt have niggers and spics

in fact, whenever the question is asked:
What is wrong with American X?
The answer is always niggers and spics

Pretty much. Not to mention Singapore is like an artificial nation, it attracts the best talent and then they just stay there and have kids. The exact opposite of what the US does.

Considering how little money is put into educaiton compared to other countries Poland does exceptionally well. However I expected slightly better results.

"immigrant" there stands for "foreign-born", so yes, if we were to break down the results by ethnic background, "native-born ethnic Swedes" would perform way better than "foreign-born non-ethnic Swedes"

>we are more smarter
>more smarter

and by the way, the gap and scores you see here are not raw data they have been adjusted for socioeconomic background and language spoken at home, so the actual gap between foreign-born and native born students is wider in some cases

>Romania ranked lower than Uruguay beaners.

Since 2012, participating countries/economies have also the option to administer a Financial Literacy test besides the core assessment

Beaners are in general happy people. I'm surprised that Russia is up there, may have something to do with Russian schools being glorified daycare facilities.

And again, students from similar socioeconomic backgraounds come out very differently across countries

>canada not even on the list

yup, being OFF THE FUCKING GRAPH dummer than 'n sandwich is obviously the path to true happiness

>Russia has one of the lowest differences between poor and wealthy despite being one of the more unequal societies
Really spins my gears.

>tfw Flemish aristocracy but my dad married a beaner

>canada and finland outlier
How do we do it?

Total bollocks, the only option for a non-brainwashed Russian is the tractor.

>Skin color for my country

Who ever made this is pulling it out of their ass

Here's more information about learning time and performance