Is he /ourguy/?

Is he /ourguy/?

>Morrissey has been accused of racism on a number of occasions during his career. In 1985, he was criticised after saying "reggae is vile", although he later stated that this had been a tongue-in-cheek answer to "wind up the right-on 1980s NME", and that he was a fan of much reggae music.[118][253] In a 1986 interview, he characterised reggae as a "total glorification of black supremacy" and stated that he "detest[ed] ... black modern music ... Obviously to get on Top of The Pops these days, one has to be, by law, black".[254] Accusations of racism were also made of The Smiths' song "Panic" with its call to "Hang the DJ".[255] Some commentators accused The Smiths of racism, but others opined that this accusation oversimplified their relationship to race and nationhood.[256]

>Morrissey's performance at the first Madness Madstock! reunion concert at Finsbury Park, London, in 1992, saw him appear on stage carrying a Union Flag. As a backdrop for this performance, he chose a photograph of two female skinheads. The British music magazine NME responded to the performance with a lengthy examination of Morrissey's attitudes to race, claiming that the singer had "left himself in a position where accusations that he's toying with far-right/fascist imagery, and even of racism itself, can no longer just be laughed off with a knowing quip".[257] Morrissey's biographer Simon Goddard describes NME's reaction as "sensationalised".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O1cTiqXWKII
youtube.com/watch?v=Slmtn5H4aWI
youtube.com/watch?v=pJOHuY7BJmc
dianamystery.com/
youtu.be/wMykYSQaG_c
youtube.com/watch?v=FIUv9gdejhU
youtube.com/watch?v=5wCUlPNlQuA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
>For what reason will this ever stop?
>Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
>In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey is so based, doesnt give a single fuck.

Voted brexit too

> Accusations of racism were also made of The Smiths' song "Panic" with its call to "Hang the DJ"
?!? What does it have to do with race?

Reggae is fucking terrible at best, at word an abomination.

its that same old fucking sound over and over again.

I do like some Bob now and then though, if i'm outside getting stoned on weed and drinking some Malibu and coke

>?!? What does it have to do with race?
Becuase we used to hang niggers.

We used to hang everyone, or even chop off their heads, but I dont see anyone else chimping about about the treatment of their ancestors, only niggers becuase they can say LOOK! we are black, proof we need more gibs

They are just using their niggerness to extort coin from white people. My ancestors had it worse.
MY GREAT GRAN WAS A SLAVE TOO IN THE WORKHOUSE OF BIRMINGHAM REEEEEEE

MY DADS SIDE FOUGHT AGAINST THE YORKIST SCUM AND LOST IT ALL, DON'T SEE ME CHIMPING OUT DEMANDING FUCKING CLAY RIGHTS TO NORTHUMBRIA DO YOU LADS?

Dance music is nigger music user

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=O1cTiqXWKII

No, he's a leftwing fag with the occasional bit of lucid thinking

Morrissey has always been a fucking jerkoff and always this flimsy wristed contrarian and no more. The Smiths are just one of those bands you pretend you're into to get into the pants of unique snowflake hipster art school sluts. I praise him for that, but as far as his opinions go.... well, there's a reason he's a musician and not an intellectual.

no thats Billy Bragg

and while we are on the subject of left wing musicians how about the Beautiful south ?

Some of their lyrics are kek

Mexicans love Morrissey

But then they have 2 ears and a heart, just like us...

National Front Disco
Ben Gali in Platforms, etc.
Irish Blood English Heart
There's tons of reasons to believe Moz is a nationalist. But he's a nationalist whose nation is all but dead. It explains why he doesn't live there anymore.

But if it ever comes up, I'm literally 25'000 in line to the Throne. I have Royal blood

>I do like some Bob now and then though, if i'm outside getting stoned on weed and drinking some Malibu and coke

wallahi you are a degenerate drug user, and at such a holy time of the year too kmt allah alaihis salam he will not look kindly upon you for this.

>someone else owning up to hating reggay
Thank god I hate that shit.

Bob was solid, and I wouldn't call him red pilled necessarily but he certainly wasn't a total blue pilled faggot.

>The Smiths are just one of those bands you pretend you're into to get into the pants of unique snowflake hipster art school sluts.

savage

post that on /mu and get b& desu

Morrissey is exactly the kind of person that brought brexit-- some leftist leanings but who loves England and English culture and has seen it largely eradicated under the tidal waves of Americanization and mass immigration.

Literally who

Aye becuase Muslims dont eat pork, drink alcohol, gamble or use drugs ever.

my dealer is a Paki,all the Muslim i know do the above so less of the piety Mohammad.

U TAKING THE PISS LAD?

Electro is all white as fuck

underage gtfo

Morrissey is based as fuck.

best part is, beta leftist millennial hipsters still love his music and can't deny it.

DJs are niggers

Joy Division too. And The Cure. You memorize the discographies to those three bands and you'll be down with all kinds of nasty sluts that shave half their head and can fit both your dick AND balls in your mouth at the same time. You ever see some shit like that? It's like watching an anaconda stretch it's mouth over a turtle.

There must be some sort of a contradiction of reggea vibes to his nature somehow. This man is a genius with a very mixed up concepts and things like that in his mind. There is a contradiction of reggea with causality of concepts in his lonely mind same goes for anybody that is in here. I would analyze him further but I only give preach to morrisey which i love so greatly. Actually that is what being racist is most of the time but if I hate your race its not a problem in your race bu a problem in my soul it can be said his character isnt rounded enough to click into different situations and vibes. I can see him so well that must be why he hates me lol(dont ask think that im insane but yeah)

Shut up I unironically love Morrissey and The Smith's music

he's a British singer who was world famous long before you were born
youtube.com/watch?v=Slmtn5H4aWI

underage b&

Reggae is total shit.
The only decent Bob Marley songs were the few that were not reggae

I say that too. That's a good attitude to approach the conversation with. Just don't say it too often or you'll end up believing it and spontaneously grow a vagina.

Ahh a man of my era, lets add some Depeche mode in there too,Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran who are fucking EPIC

Hey, do the ALT right have something for Depeche mode i heard or is that a meme?

I better link the beautiful south song im on about, It once triggered me until I understood its realmeaning

youtube.com/watch?v=pJOHuY7BJmc

He also killed Diana.

dianamystery.com/

He's always been our guy

He supports Le Pen and Farage. Hates Trump though

did you forget to take your pills?

So because someone is racist it automatically makes them a cool guy.

I'm afraid your Rule Britannia mania doesn't ring so true
If I was captain of the waves I'd turn the gun on you
Any last requests before you join dead?
I'll crap into your Union Jack and wrap it round your head

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE TAKE THEM TO THE TOWER!

>mobileposter
>Arthur meme
>dat ass
>doesn't know who Morrissey is
kys thyself

Bengali, Bengali
It's the touchy march of time that binds you
Don't blame me
Don't hate me
Just because I'm the one to tell you

That life is hard enough when you belong here
That life is hard enough when you belong here
Oh...
Shelve your Western plans
Oh...

Cause life is hard enough when you belong
Life is hard enough when you belong here
Oh...
Oh...
Shelve your best friends

Yes he is our guy

Joy Division were openly Nazi at one point

Also Eric Clapton got on stage and said
"I used to be into Dope, but I'm into racism now. It's much heavier. Wogs out"

David Bowie gave the fascist salute to fans in the 70s and said Britain needed a fascist dictatorship to restore order

Morrissey is ultra reactionary anti immigrant

I don't doubt that he's one of /ourguys/ but I'm still not convinced that The Smiths' music wasn't a psy-op to make young people in the 80's more depressed/nihilistic/suicidal.

the best thing i got out of reggae was learning how peter tosh got killed

Yes, nigger.

>Burn down the disco
>Hang the blessed DJ
>because the music they constantly play
>says nothing to me about my life.
>HANG THE DJ HANG THE DJ HANG THE DJ

youtu.be/wMykYSQaG_c

Good stuff and yes, morrisey is /ourguy/. Always has been. I'll even forgive his closeted homosexuality because he keeps it where it belongs - in the fucking closet.

Can you give a tl;dr?

And wtf is happening outside my house, girls are fighting lol!

Yes. Yes he is.

I don't like reggae either but Bob Marley was at least able to write songs that didn't sound exactly the same.

/our guy/?

How could you tell he was a phoneposter?

The only decent Bob Marley songs are the ones that were not reggae when he started trying to sell to American pop culture consumers. Reggae is shit.

Guess Nihilism and despair is true first step to revival

White culture was very very dark indeed late 80s going into 90s. Either basically suicidlal or nihilistically materialistic. Some cool songs and films and shit tho

>The Smiths are just one of those bands you pretend you're into to get into the pants of unique snowflake hipster art school sluts

I genuinely like The Smiths and I'm a kissless virgin.

>no mention of National Front Disco

youtube.com/watch?v=FIUv9gdejhU

Best song desu

not bait and not underaged.

Morrissey never had crossover success in the united states.

he was fairly popular in LA because KROC played Smths and his solo stuff, but that was one of the few radio stations that did so.

If you asked the average 15 to 50 year old in America who Morrissey was, about 2% would've heard his name before, and another 1% would've heard a Morrissey or Smiths song.

Oasis, Blur, Cure, Depeche Mode, REM, Radiohead, even something like Alt-J or Arcade Fire are way more popular or well known in the States than Morrissey EVER was.

The FM oldies stations that play 80s music NEVER play Smiths/Morrissey songs, but you will hear Depeche Mode, Flock Of Seagulls, Cure every 2 or 3 hours. Source - they play that shit at my work.

Polish teen girls they are just talking VERY loudly but it sounds like arguing.

I love hearing them switch from fluent Polish to chav English

>oyyyv got naw fooking innernet doooh av i?

Fucking classic

Smiths are excellent. How old are u?

Interesting. I'd say they're one of the biggest bands from the 80s here. It's kind of a cult thing though, either you know all the songs or none

Spot on m8

No he's not /ourguy/ you fucking retard. He's a whiney little lefty bitch. This "/ourguy/" shit needs to stop along with the worshipping of any celeb or e-celeb. Now go back to whatever rock it was you climbed out from under.

You need to be over 18 to browse Sup Forums user

He's a patrician

Dont forget the Clash and Minor Threat!
I use to love the Smiths! I mean I still do! I just dont listen to them as much as I did when I was 18-23yrs old. I think Mor has some great lines and songs that make you feel a welcoming white Nation that will forever be lost now :( all of this Princess Dianna shit and Its making me want to visit England and go to Manchester! Old Trafford!

OH YEAH! I always got this feeling that Mor was a closet homo though! idk... something about him

Anybody that was a USA teen in the 90s knew of Morissey he was around the same popularity level as the Pixies.
Even if you werent familiar with the music they were official for a hipster checklist.

Duran Duran were bigger than all of them, and what about Queen? They never really made it in the USA either.

New Romantic 80's was my childhood and the 90's I suppose, dam they were good decades.

Now I just dont know wtf is going on, talent does not take the same route as before. I can remember watching Foo Fighters in Bristol in the early 90's, they were performing alongside Massive Attack, I had no idea .

To be fair every song by The Smiths sounds the same

this.
Not gonna lie! Even though Im a fan of the Smiths they have no place here on Sup Forums
Listen to the emo-80s fag shit on your own time OP
Go play some Black Label Society 1919 eternal and then ask me if you like the Smiths bitches

That's just his dulcet tones.

The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get

>It is also Morrissey's only charting single in the United States Billboard Hot 100, reaching number.

Also, NO Smiths single made the billboard 100.

Hey me too
Hope you're doing good senpai

US tastes are v different I guess. Queen are huge

Without being cynical there isn't much talent these days. We haven't had a really good album in years from the UK. Grime is obviously shite, arctic monkeys made one good one then pissed about. There's probably good stuff going on in some weird niche / electronic genres but I don't know about it

>celeb or e-celeb
Fuck off mate, he was about long before the whole celeb bullshit took hold, dont poison him alongside the likes of no mark Celebs

back to the Daily Mail with you or celeb love Island or whatever shit millennials watch these day

He's not a lefty you shill

No, Queen was huge in the US. Bowie wasn't big until Let's Dance.

Really we should all just be listening to Wagner and Graham McKenzie

Maybe fashwave on the side

Why dont you find out for yourself.

>reaching number 46.

But reggae IS vile - the same 2 chords over and over with some nigger mumbling "Jah Raztuhfarih, him seh me be go nong nong de nongdy nong, Babylon 'presshun, an' ting" etc into an echo unit. Occasionly you get a loud timbale roll to wake you up. Shite music for niggers and mongs.

Aye, not enough edgy bands, real edgy, not trying to be edgy cuz edgy is kewl.

Where are they, where are the new Jam, Pistols, Prodigy, Who, even Fleetwood Mac, where is the fucking talent hiding away?

Anyway, careful lads if the mods see this turning into t amusic thread they'll prune it

>There's always someone, somewhere with a big nose who knows
I'm sure this has already been posted itt

It's just aimed at a low IQ audience. Probably sounds like Bach to them

That's your problem. You genuinely like them. If you used them as a means to an end rather than an end, you wouldn't be in such a predicament. Learn to dislike them. Not hate them, but you shouldn't feel any other way when listening to their music than "yep, i'm two fingers deep in a cunt, in about 5 minutes i'm gonna get it on and blow the bitch's back out. Girl afraid, my ass. She's down to toss salad"

That is true, not sure how to pull this back into politics though

There's no genuine edginess now. It's actually been a very very conformist period in art, culture generally. Progressive and boring or fuck off

>THE WHO
>EDGY
You don't get any more edgy than pedophila.

image filename and him being an underage retard

How good were the Stones?

Its weird I always think of them as an American band, maybe becuase of Paint it black which i associate with Vietnam nam.

youtube.com/watch?v=5wCUlPNlQuA

>what about Queen? They never really made it in the USA either.

We Are the Champions - 4 on billboard top 100

Another One Bites The Dust - 1 on billboard top 100

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - 1 on billboard 100

pls no bully

I'd rather keep my love for music than to sell it for some poontang.

Meh, raggae is nice every know and then. Makes me feel like I'm on vacation in the Bahamas or something. I'm sure in Bongland it gets annoying with all of the Jamaica niggers blasting it 24/7

>tfw my mate worked at PC world he took his PC to have repaired.

h-he was just researching, goy.

Oh you. You just haven't learned to really appreciate music just yet. Once you can truly appreciate music, you can successfully feign interest in it. You'll get there.

The Stones were genuinely great until the early 70s. A lot of the content is pretty degenerate though by Sup Forums.

>the Clash

Not them. They pushed multicult bullshit and were openly far leftist.

Johnny Rotten is pretty based though

>artsy snobby homosexual not very fond of brutish conservative muzzies
Not exactly /our/ but talented guy for sure

*by Sup Forums standards

Rotten was/is worse than morrissey. If morrissey was a contrarian because he was just an annoying cunt of a person, Rotten did it to get paid. All of punk rock was prototypical sjw bullshit, sorry to say. Leftist sjw bullshit, even.

mfw a gay Britbong vegan is /ourguy/