Thoughts on living on the big Island of Hawaii?

-31% white, 12% islanders, 27% asian, 0.5% african
-May be good spot for Happening
-Family Oriented
-Friendly cultre
-Only 200,000 people
-Married population >50%
-Can grow own food and fish

Other urls found in this thread:

kron4.com/2017/04/10/concern-grows-after-cases-of-brain-invading-parasite-increases-in-hawaii/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>lot's of people are moving away
I sure wonder why

Forgot to add, some great jitsu schools there too.

Good job finding a job or affordable housing

Elaborate?

Incredibly high taxes, housing, groceries, and utilities.
Also, your car will rust at least 5x as fast than if you were on the mainland due to high humidity, and heat.

t.guy that lived on Oahu for 10 years

well, all the people I've who have moved away from Hawaii simply thought it was too far away from everything else in the world. Especially the young people felt limited and disconnected, particularly given the opportunities of mainland US

Pearl Harbor, definitely can't beat an original happening

I guess that's one of the reasons why I like it, its far away and there's definitely barriers to entry. Thank you for responding.

I too have thought of living in remote islands. It's an interesting political choice. However as a married guy my main concerns are
-Way too far from anything you might feel like doing that isn't included in said island.
-Confined in imprisonment-tier conditions.
-Cannot own a pirate ship.
-Seemingly too expensive for the average guy.
-If things go dire for any reason, it may suck a lot.
That said, I fully understand someone who would go for it. Personally I aim towards villages like pic related.

That's certainly beautiful. I'm an introvert who loves swimming, jitsu and good people, so I don't think I would miss much, besides my senpai.

I was thinking if things go dire, it may be a good spot, there's tons of farming there and even cattle ranches.

Where's that spot?

Yeah. I know people who moved there with paradise in their mind, then move out in a year or even a few months. Very expensive, everyone's a democrat, (((diversity))), traffic, humidity (aka the weather isn't that good other than it's sunny and green), far away from everything etc...

Well
>summer is 90 degrees and humid everyday unless you can afford to live on the good coastal side
>high(est) cost of living
>comical taxes
>3 hour flight minimum to get anywhere at all
>fucking pineapple on everything

It was beautiful to visit but I couldn't live there.

>if things go dire, it may be a good spot
Well, what I meant by things going dire is for example your kid or wife suffering from something that the island cannot possibly heal, you end up having to travel to inland, you are away from your work place in the island if you want to be with them or away from them if you want to continue working, anyway you get the gist. It -can- be messy.

Also in case of a war especially Hawaii isn't THE safest place to be. I assume Americans have limited island choices. Have you considered Alaska? (Yes I'm from FINLAND :DDD)

>Where's that spot?
Hallstatt, Austria. Perfect center of Europe.

It's hard to find land to truly own in Hawaii. It does exist, but many places sort of lease out the land. So even if you "buy" a house or build one, you might still be paying rent on the land. Or rent on land plus house payments. Oh plus taxes.

I often forget just how incredibly far away Hawaii is from the mainland US.

It's like living in another country.

Good point about the medical travel. Alaska could be really cool, I like the gun laws there and the fewer people. One of my really good friends is from there.

Anything besides, middle-east, African, South America and China is better than my current location, yes it's quite a lot of things, but to make it short... We're stable unlike things mentioned, but we're poor af and poorly family oriented, in my age group atleast.

Good point too. I didn't know that.

cheers

Fucken expensive.

I'm here now. It's literally shit.

Hilo side is green, but it's always raining, full of drug addicts, and stupid coqui frogs that sing their mating song at 110db all night long. Infrastructure sucks, roads stuck, and the populace sucks.

Kona is a desert moon landscape. 100 miles of nothing but lava fields and dead grass. It is ugly, hot, and humid. There it's nothing on the big island worth coming here for.

The land is cheap for Hawaii standards, but you are still paying the "paradise tax" on all goods and services. You ever notice how on commercials it says prices may vary in HI, that's because they are generally 1-2 dollars higher. Gas is 3.50 a gallon when it's 2.50 everywhere else. Milk is 6 bucks. Food is literally 2 dollars more than anywhere else.

It's cool for vacation, but I'd never move here. Kauai is where it's at.

t. Lived in Hawaii for 5 years and in kona for one of those.

According to wiki, Alaska has very few blacks too. Cold climates are a bitch but they do have their perks!

>stupid coqui frogs that sing their mating song at 110db all night long
Kek

parents live there.
thinking of moving there myself
kek .5% african

Haha, that's pretty funny man. I've visited a few times and I still think it has it's charm for sure, though Kauai might be way way better. What areas outside of Hawaii do you like?

How will we recognize each other if we're both there?

Outside of the islands, or the island of Hawaii?

Cold climates are /comfy/.

It's extremely blue.

I don't think they have ever voted red, I have a friend that lives there.

Oahu here. Go to big island. Beware meth addicts. If you're serious about fishing, it's dying off starting with cig poisoning moving west to east. So Kauais ruined. Oahu isn't yet but it's overfished anyway. Since you're here, you want Big island over Maui because it's ever so slightly less liberal.

And it's overwhelmingly leftist and anti-gun.

>139883946
Outside of all the islands.

So the weather is like Florida?

Florida is right in the middle of hurricane central.

>27% asian
Yeah fuck that

terrible place to go to if you're worried about shit happening. Liberal infested shithole, terrible gun laws, and pearl harbor means a big fat nuke is headed your way if shit happens.

what's the other 29.5%?

Meh. Lots of gun nut hunters. Basically mixed blood rednecks. They're better than the libs. They overlap with the fishing community a lot.

Thanks bra! That sucks about the poisoning man.. How hard is it to hold onto some guns?

Hawaii is not good place to live for Happeningfags.

The slugs that inhabit Hawaii carry brain eating parasites.

Almost impossible to get rid off in Hawaii because even if you kill the slugs, rats eat them, and the cycle begins anew.

In Hawaii, you can find the slugs in your own fucking backyard, making people paranoid about produce grown in Hawaii and people have started importing produce from outside Hawaii.

Also, it is now a habit for Hawaii citizens to check their garden hose for slugs everyday if they have to use it.

I would stop eating salad in Hawaii and only eat cooked vegetables if I ever had to live in Hawaii.

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend Hawaii a good place for happeningfags based on the spread of slugs in Hawaii that carry brain eating parasites with no known cure.

Seriously, eating raw vegetables or raw fruits grown in Hawaii can be a risk. If you want to chance it, you are really gonna have to thoroughly clean fruits and vegetables all the while wondering if there are parasites in your fruits and vegetables.

At some point, you'll get tired and just cook everything instead, even your fruit and veggies.

I'm from Phoenix, so it's ironic that I don't like the big island, kona kind of reminds me of the desert.

I've lived in northwestern Washington for 6 months and loved it. I plan on settling down in Arizona once the time comes. I love my guns and freedom too much to leave.

Hawaii is extremely expensive.

Haha mixed of the others and 10% latino.

So what's the other 29.5 prevent of people?

I'm not a gun guy, but my friends have a lot actually. Handguns and rifles. There's no actual ccp. It's some bullshit setup. Saw a guy at the range with a fucking m60 in his trunk. I don't think they ever actually went and took everyone's family heirloom machine guns. So it's fine.

It's Asians. They vote blue but you know every little 3rd gen nip is wanting guns.

From my 3 days on Oahu, I didn't get the impression of so much humidity. Seemed to have perfect weather. But someone at a particular campus of University of Hawaii told me it rains there all the time, where they are located. So isn't it very location dependent?

Like half of it might actually be considered desert. I think all the old lava fields with those indigenous plant are called desert.

Apparently every island kinda has it's own climate.
Oahu would be great as a colony if no one lived there.

Uh is in the valley. The valley literally rains 98% of mornings. Humid as fuck sometimes. But it beats nyc or Chicago summers

The Big Island is nice, but has less amenities than on Oahu. On the plus side, traffic isn't nearly as bad.

Real estate prices are ridiculous though, especially on the windward side.

Jesus christ, you aint kidding. kron4.com/2017/04/10/concern-grows-after-cases-of-brain-invading-parasite-increases-in-hawaii/

I forgot this happened but yeah the organic fucks were freaking out for a week.

I live on Oahu and not Hawaii.

For guns, you can buy pretty much anything except for "assault pistols" and NFA Title II items. But you can't transport them anywhere except for a specific few locations (e.g. from your house to a police station, shooting range, gun show, etc.), you need to apply for a permit for every single handgun you buy, and all guns need to be registered.

Also keep in mind that if you are white, you will always be an outsider. Racism is a cornerstone of Hawaii's culture. If you ever need to defend yourself against a local, you will be automatically guilty according to the public and the media.

You might not have thought about this, but jobs here generally pay about 70% of what they do on the mainland, since people will always be applying for those jobs just so they can live in Hawaii.

Thanks for the input man. I don't get in any fights, maybe its my frame or my avoidance. Great point about the work. I am currently looking at jobs I can do telecommuting style.

Gun laws are stupid here.

No magazines that will fit into a pistol over 10rds so no ak or ar 30rd unless they're pinned to 10rds. The ironic part is ak and ar pistols are considered prohibited weapons, so you can't even own them anyways. So they prevent you from owning high capacity magazines because they'll fit into a gun you cannot even own.

You must have a hunting permit to purchase a firearm, you must take a Hunter safety course to get a permit. This allows you to buy unlimited rifles for 1 year. Pistols require a separate course. You can only possess pistols when they are locked in your truck distaste from ammo and magazines and you're on your way to a range, gun smith, or hunting. No public carrying. Also you are required to register every firearm you own with the police chief.

Secondly the Oahu shooting range has stupid rules like no more than 5rds in a gun at any time, no humanoid targets, no rapid fire, you must being your own target stands from home.

The state is a may issue ccw permit state, and they only issue to those who have a definite need for them like security, money handlers ect. They also refuse to recognise any other states permit.

Pic related, prohibited firearm in the state because of its 15 rd mag.

That's only 70.5%.

Wtf are the other 29.5%? Spics? Sandniggers? PoointheLoos?

Also natives hate Haoles.

>Democrat stronghold
>Strict gun control
>Whites are a minority already
>You have to import everything in
>High cost of living
>Reliance on the us
>Overpriced housing
>Tourist trap
>Hot and humid
>Beach culture
>Tons of race mixing
>Above average crime rate
>Bad Internet

No thanks it shares everything awful about Alaska but none of the good attributes I would rather stay in the lower 48

I'm thinking about Nebraska, Idaho or Utah.

Hawaiians are island niggers

>The slugs that inhabit Hawaii carry brain eating parasites.
This is bullshit. They're not harmful in the least, I even carry the slugs with me every where I go because it makes me feel good.

Sounds like someone who has had his brain eaten.

fyi I know nothing about this, the comment just doesn't make sense.

I''ve been one other place that had perfect weather. That place is Caracas, Venezuela.

It's having its own problems at the moment, but they seem more curable than the issues with Hawaii, they have more variety of fruits and veg., and the prices are low rather than high.

Maybe any other equatorial city at 3-4000 feet will likewise have a great climate. Hawaii's sort of special because it's not really near the equator, but it's still pretty consistent, summer to winter.

>-Can grow own food and fish
The fuck you gonna grow your own fish, nigga

Do you have enough money to sustain it? To buy a semi decent villa there for me was around £500K a couple of years ago when I checked. Not to mention insurance on the house and taxes.

I mean of course there's much cheaper areas, but I work in the Navy so I had to look for a complex that's guarded 24/7/365 by security.

I'd love to be able to afford that one day. I'm currently looking into buying a villa on a golf course complex in the south of Spain. Not as extravagant, and a bit cliche. But the place is really nice.

I have a hook up there, and there's a costco nearby. Land is cheaper on the big island, probably because of the desert part and greater supply.