Will Houston ever fully recover?

Even with all the government assistance we can muster, and all the volunteers in the world, realistically does Houston ever have a shot at returning to life as it was before Harvey or are they just going to have to tear everything down and move 10 miles inland?

Houston will be fine, lots of clean up etc, but fine.

How though? From the looks of it the majority of it is completely underwater. How do you even fix that?

With towels you fucking retard.

The Texas sun will dry it out in a few days.

All they need is a Bun-B benefit concert.

Yeah they'll recover, it's not like Katrina where houses were swept away. Problem is that oil slump + this is a pretty bad double whammy for the local economy

All those slab foundation buildings that were flooded will have to be bulldozed.

the flooding probably helped if anything. all the niggers from katrina fled to houston so now maybe they'll continue west and plague some other city.

Just pull the plug out and let the water drain away. Duh!!

top fucking lel

20 TIMES ITS WEIGHT IN LIQUID

Send them to a border town maybe they'll get lost and cross the border and be Mexico's problem.

This, right now they are gather experts like Bruce Willis, and Ben Affleck to go deep under water in the Houston debris, they will be equipped with the new high tech amphibious rover/submarine with a giant drill.
But the job is extremely hazardous as the area of the plug is teaming with niggers, and will loot anything they set eyes on.

I'd hope so, that's my top city to move to from Illinois

The same way every other city recovers after being flooded.

Wait for water to recede
Start cleaning up
Process backlog of insurance claims
Listen to niggers complain

DFW here. We're so fucked.

Just give it to the mexicans and forget about that worthless shithole.

>Process backlog of insurance claims
Is it true that most resdients (80%) did not have flood insurance?

Flood damage is worse than fire damage. The only way to really fix the shit is to strip the (assuming wood frame) house down to the studs and dry everything out. Basically take the house down to the skeleton and redo the wiring/plumbing/HVAC/insulation/drywall/interior finishes. It's an entirely new house at that point. Extremely expensive and time consuming.

>The only way to really fix the shit is to strip the (assuming wood frame) house down to the studs and dry everything out.
How long can the houses be soaked...doesn't the wood rot? Houston houses must have basements..

no basements. the ground is shit clay.

Not until Trump puts the U.S. into the Paris Agreement.

>When suddenly Burgers are all for state intervention

HOW WILL HUSTOUMPF EVER RECOVER???

You're honestly better off tear the damn thing down and start from scratch. Otherwise you could spend all that money and end up with foundation issues later on. Framing lumber is the cheapest part of your house anyway. The big money is in the siding, roof, sheetrock, windows, trim, etc.

It just takes time. New Orleans is arguably in better physical condition now than it was before Katrina.

Nigga it's already hot outside
water's going down
Irma will hit florida or go north

>Bun-B
He's still alive?

No it will NEVER recover. All other cities that have been hit by hurricanes are pretty much gone.

Just pretend it's Venice

absolutely
Most insurance companies don't cover natural disasters, it's a price FEMA has to pick up

San Antonio here. Yes, you are fucked. So are we. We also got a taste of the niggers from Louisiana after katrina. Its going to be 10x worse.

>Otherwise you could spend all that money and end up with foundation issues later on.
The insurance will not cover later issues...so this would be paid by homeowner...but I suppose, on the bright side, that most don't have insurance...

>Houston houses must have basements..
You either hit clay or water a few feet deep lol

I go on tracker.gasbuddy.com and mark gas stations as has fuel, but really they don't....hahahaha

I know people here that didnt because the insurance company said that they werent on a flood plain. Happened to my mom. She lives on Spring Cypress creek.

pretty much nobody in Texas has basements

>it's a price FEMA has to pick up
Does FEMA rebuild houses?...I thought they were disaster relief (for immediate food/shelter), not rebuilding...

>Niggers taking people to work on gondolas

Converse checking in...

Anybody know what the hell this guy's talking about? I live in Houston and I've already been back to work a couple days. Everything seems to be going back to normal now.

Houston, we have a problem.

How does this affect the next season of my 600lb life?

They don't need to move, they need to invest in flood control measures.
If you ever wondered why all the rivers in anime look like wide flat rivers with huge banks that's because they are flood controlled.

The existing rivers of the Huston area need a lot of work, and then you need distributed pumps for pulling water from the storm drain system and putting it in the river. A big ass sea wall wouldn't hurt either.

>I know people here that didnt because the insurance company said that they werent on a flood plain.
Perhaps hurricane flooding is covered by regular home insurance...

The protagonist might actually lose some weight.

>Does FEMA rebuild houses?
No but they can give people money who lost their homes
Anything else is stuff I've pulled from my ass, I don't know a lot about it. Thankfully my house was only a few miles from floodwaters

Uhmm no

Fucking leafs I swear

Its Houscuck now you bigot

It's just a little rain.

If it were really that bad why didn't they prepare?

>you ever wondered why all the rivers in anime
Fuck off degenerate.

Exactly. It's really not even worth it. The house will basically be "new" but very likely have fundamental issues with the frame or foundation. I would not want to live in a house that had been flooded before, and I know people that do very good flood damage recovery work. It's just not worth it.

Most of these houses will most likely be recovered, dried out, and "fixed". But they'll never be the same and will have lost a lot of value.

Or they'll find a different doctor. Dr nowzardian is the producer of the show. That's why they all come to him when I'm sure there are closer doctors

Texas has pervasive black mold that fucks you up. Will grow behind the walls from a tiny leak. Plus the houses soak the water upwards like a towel, to an extent. Wood is generally treated, but will still grow mold and begin to rot. Then there is the sediment aka mud. This is where the majority if structural damage truly comes as it will trap moisture and cause wood to warp.

In b4 eurotards claim their buildings are of superior construction.

In 10 years those houses will be full of mold and killing people

That's how the Trinity river in Dallas is

>living somewhere where this kind of thing happens
retards.

You never heard of third party disaster relief organizations, how about federal infrastructure contractors? Have you ever seen a natural disaster happen before in America?

>No but they can give people money who lost their homes

Essentially, they pay 1/10th of the value and take possession of the property. That is after FEMA have the national guard rip your house apart to retrieve a gun safe while you are deployed to Iraq.

>In b4 eurotards claim their buildings are of superior construction.

>Burned for a week
>Twin towers collapsed in less than a minute

Two diff flood insurance. One is based on leaking. One is insurance they are forced to buy in Galveston that covers flooding. Paying for both is literally pricey. Hence 80% of people said fuck it. Imagine the dealership of cars tho lol.

Hyperborean gods bless our buildings and curse the mold. If mold wants to enter he must ask the owner.

DEVILISH

And they want to build a tollway there

But flood insurance will not be liable for future costs...including foundation, frame, and mold...therefore, unless the homeowner foots the bill, houses may be rebuild poorly.

Oh yeah for sure. If they aren't dried out properly (most of them won't be) the mold will grow everywhere it's allowed to. I did a structural assessment of a house were just the floor system had been submerged up to the subfloor, and the contractor that was paid to dry it out did a piss poor job. Less than 10 years later, the entire floor system is completely shot from either rot or mold damage. The mold levels were about 10x the PPM that was considered healthy. An elderly couple that lives there was developing respiratory issues and the house was caving in on itself. It had to be condemned and it was painful for me to be involved because these nice old people literally were kicked out of their house because a contractor fucked them over.

Because their trash ended up in Houston.

Twin towers had muslims crash airplanes into them. If you believe the offical story and not meme jet fuel.

Grenfel had a muslim huffing refrigerant and burnt the place down.

Still, no matter how well built a house or tower is, mother nature can fuck it up.

Watch gentrification happen goys. All the white suburbs that were left are now nigger housing. But fear not got, we have an all new development a little further out and a lot more expensive to keep the darkies out

>If

Depends how high the water got. You might not need to replace the wiring just the individual outlets that plug into wires

>houses may be rebuild poorly

Leaf, our houses were built poorly by drunk mexicans to begin with.

kek

True. I was talking some of these houses where the flooding is above the windows. If it didn't go high you can cut drywall out up to a foot or so above the flooded area and PROPERLY dry the structure then replace everything as needed.

Nope.

Theres going to be a new tropical storm/hurricane(houston got BTFO by a measly tropical storm) every 1-2 years from now on. The area is going to decline for Metro Dallas, Austin or San Antonio.

Fallout 5: Houston when?

>Austin

Nah austin will "do the right thing" and take harvey refugees, then resettle them in dallas and san antonio. Probably Denton, seeing as how thats where all the white people moved to.

Fema throws your a loan at low interest rates. If you have leak insurance and flood insurance insurance rolls through sees your expensive stereo that you spent 300$on and they write you a check for 20$. I assure you people are really fuxked. Fema does not give u shit. Only a loan. A shitty shit loan. Now is the gov talking about fema assistance or billions to rebuild? If they throw us rebuilding money that's goimg to corporations not people to get Houston online. Anybody care to critique what I wrote? Was talking to northwestern Houstonians about this when I was tearing out their walls,carpet.

>But flood insurance
What flood insurance? Do you think an insurance company can take a hit in the range of hundreds of billions? No one sells flood insurance to people that live in areas that might flood. At best they might get the sewer backup of a few thousand.

Dallas, San Antonio, nor Austin has a port. There's a reason why Houston will rebound eventually and it has everything to do with petrochemicals and the Houston Ship Channel.

>black mold that fucks you up
How bad is this really?

Black mold is toxic. It'll cause all sorts of health problems if you're exposed to it for extended periods of time.

Smart man

I've been living in a house with black mold everywhere for 20 years and I've been fine.

Indeed. I'm unemployed. I'ma apply to serv pro and see if I can get paid tearing shit out and drying it. This has to be done asap tho lol. Or mold. Ppl are saying hundreds of thousands of houses got flooded. I heard 500,000 vehicles got destroyed

Economic conditions have little to do with ports. Consider how Job growth in Houston stagnated compared there since late 2014 compared to the other three metro areas in the state because houston was dependent on the oil industry.

>teaming

Not true. If you have flood insurance you're set. My cousin had it in that hurricane that rocked Florida in 04(Charlie). She had a decent manufactured home and it was totally underwater at one point. They paid her $200k for a new manufactured home and she got tons more for furniture. Now she lives in a giant house she had built from the ground up instead of a manufactured home. And she moved to Mississippi.

houstoncuck here
thanks for taking in our nigg- um i mean diverse workforce that will enrich your economy

Niggers can team up

I did a station by my apartment and watch them mayhem ensue

then why do I keep hearing about hurricane relief? Is somebody trying to milk the shekels from us and using the hurricane as a cover for their scam?

How does moving from Florida to Mississippi make sense if she is concerned about hurricanes?

Denton is cancer. At least the college areas