Sup Forums on suicide watch

Sup Forums on suicide watch

abc.net.au/news/2017-09-01/pepe-the-frog-cartoonists-forces-withdrawal-of-alt-right-book/8864382

Other urls found in this thread:

unvis.it/abc.net.au/news/2017-09-01/pepe-the-frog-cartoonists-forces-withdrawal-of-alt-right-book/8864382
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

unvis.it/abc.net.au/news/2017-09-01/pepe-the-frog-cartoonists-forces-withdrawal-of-alt-right-book/8864382

Too late.

How long until the pepe guy kills himself?

A whopping $1000 dollars won't even feed a mudslime family of 9 for a week.

Why should he care? Didn't this faggot "kill" pepe the frog? Faggot should hang himself.

>Pepe and pede

Good it was faggot redit trash. Who cares

But he can buy used truck and hit the road.

>using a trademarked cartoon in a commercial venture without the owner's consent
It's called common sense. He wouldn't give approval to this particular proposal, but others have sought his permission to be legally clear regarding use.

but how? it's just some random ass looking frog, doesn't even look like pepe, also cartoon frogs named pepe already exists, how the fuck does this faggot furie has a case?

Yeah.....like he made any money on that at all.

(((Intellectual Property)))

Implying Pepe's success was based on this person's ineptness. He basically did jack shit for the past decade.

Sup Forums is the place that actually made Pepe popular and a meme, if I'm not mistaken, just because you create an idea doesn't make you the owner.

Examples:
McDonald's in its early days.
CNN calling tabloids Fake News.

Furie's claim on the copyright would never, ever stand up in court.

for one, he went over 10 years without enforcing the copyright. two, he owns bootleg Pepe merchandise. those together would strongly suggest he "intended" to release the copyright on the character of Pepe in a legal sense.

Someone probably has to challenge him or the guy who wrote the book should appeal the case

as I recall, the guy who wrote the book already withdrew the publication while admitting Furie held the copyright, which is bullshit and might strengthen Furie's claim

I'm not a lawyer though, I've just slept with a lot of them

From cursory knowledge on trademarks, he has one on Pepe and has previously provided approval for certain commercial uses such as for school use, but has also taken down unauthorized commercial uses such as the Zara pants. Not sure about the full extent regarding the trademark uses he has approved or disapproved outside of a few articles, but it's a requirement that he stays on top of it so he doesn't lose it which has somewhat been heeded the past few years.

t. Not a lawyer, but took a few legal courses during undergrad

But sadfrog wasn't invented by Furie though.

Sadfrog is an altered image by somebody else so to what extent does Furie hold copyright over spinoffs like Sadfrog?

If I draw a sad Mickey Mouse, am I infringing Disney copyright?

THE MAD MAN

wtf i hate pepe now

Here, have a Pepe, because no one here gives a fuck what this wank does.

Who cares?

I AM UPSET

o mai gowd he literali destroid the internet with this move

W-wait, Zara made Pepe pants?

>makes a book about memes and tries to profit from it
>gets smacked
Good. Being this dumb is not tolerated in here.

>hey, you know that crap that you had bunches of threads for last week?
>well I just read the title and now i want to post it here again for the 100th time
Try to keep up, fag

the day trump wins his second term