$1000 a month in cash handout to every US adult: this is what may happen

Giving every adult in the United States a $1,000 cash handout per month would grow the economy by $2.5 trillion by 2025, according to a new study on universal basic income.

The report was released in August by the left-leaning Roosevelt Institute. Roosevelt research director Marshall Steinbaum, Michalis Nikiforos at Bard College's Levy Institute, and Gennaro Zezza at the University of Cassino and Southern Lazio in Italy co-authored the study.

The study made economic forecasts for three proposals: a full universal basic income in which every adult gets $1,000 a month ($12,000 a year), a partial basic income in which every adult gets $500 a month ($6,000 a year), and a child allowance in which parents get $250 a month ($3,000 a year).

The larger the universal basic income, the greater the benefit to the economy, according to the report.

A $1,000 cash handout to all adults would grow the economy by 12.56 percent after eight years, the study finds. Current Congressional Budget Office estimates put the GDP at $19.8 trillion. The cash handout would therefore increase the GDP by $2.48 trillion. (Vox first did this extrapolation in their coverage of the report, and Steinbaum confirmed the accuracy of the extrapolation to CNBC Make It by email.)

The $250 allowance would grow the GDP by 0.79 percent and a $500-a-month payment would grow the GDP by 6.5 percent.

"THE LARGER THE UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME, THE GREATER THE BENEFIT TO THE ECONOMY, ACCORDING TO THE REPORT."
These estimates are based on a universal basic income paid for by increasing the federal deficit. As part of the study, the researchers also calculated the effect to the economy of paying for the cash handouts by increasing taxes. In that case, there would be no net benefit to the economy, the report finds.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/08/31/1000-per-month-cash-handout-would-grow-the-economy-by-2-point-5-trillion.html
history.state.gov/milestones/1969-1976/nixon-shock
rooseveltinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Modeling-the-Macroeconomic-Effects-of-a-UBI.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"When paying for the policy by increasing taxes on households rather than paying for the policy with debt, the policy is not expansionary," the report says. "In effect, it is giving to households with one hand what it is taking away with the other. There is no net effect."

The study is based on the Levy Macro-Economic model, which presupposes that the potential of the economy is constrained because household income is low. That opinion, even the authors of the study admit, is debatable. "Other macroeconomic models would disagree," the report says.

The idea of a universal basic income has been promoted lately by technology leaders and Silicon Valley billionaires.

Some, like Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk, see cash handouts as a solution to the imminent threat of automation to the labor force. Musk has said that universal basic income will be a virtual necessity because robots will put so many low-skilled workers out of a job.

Others, like Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, think handouts could give everyone the safety net necessary to think like an entrepreneur. Zuckerberg touts UBI as a way to ensure people are not afraid to take risks to pursue the projects and business ventures they are passionate about.

Y Combinator President and Silicon Valley heavyweight Sam Altman has launched an initiative to study the long-term effects on human behavior of getting a cash handout. The research is still in process.

cnbc.com/2017/08/31/1000-per-month-cash-handout-would-grow-the-economy-by-2-point-5-trillion.html

moar of these pics.

If you print more money, you need more money to make up for the loss of it's worth. I dunno maybe so maybe no w/e

Theyll increrase the handouts. Broplem?

>When you out your shit posts by forgetting which meme flag you're using...

>actual money
>worth anything

wake up baby boomers
history.state.gov/milestones/1969-1976/nixon-shock

>He doesn't change flags with every post he makes

You're doing it wrong m8

Holy shit this is so stupid, pls.
Who's hand is passing out the cash? What intrinsic value is maintained when you dilute?
>inflation isn't real
KYS if you think universal income is even feasible

The more secure the poor are the more risks they take and so become richer and like business men n sheeeit

This is smart. Poor people will pay their rent. And middle class people will buy more shit. It makes America stronger as a whole because we are a consumer nation that other nations depend on us BUYING stuff.

As long as functional alcoholics show up to break their backs at work; then that paper is worth something. Blame the worker.

This, your debt it's already off the charts, I seriously expected more from Trump in terms of dealing with the debt, after all he talked about how a business can't out profit it's debt in the apprentice, but turns out liberals were right about his money making schemes.

When Jews talk coin, you better listen goyim

This Jew is making a lot of sense.

This is stupid. Farmers would have no reason to grow your food. Money would have no value.

Instead of government wasting money like they do this would directly benefit people. I hope it happens it's only 1000 anyway can't really buy too much but it would push the stAndard of living ahead slightly. That little nudge that might make America the super power it once was.

Nice pasta faggot. Bet you dont even know what you're posting.
>universal income will boost economy
Why? Where's the proof?
>Muhh studies
What do they say? Besides "it will" or "will grow" where is the evidence?
>Zuckerberg said so.
Enough said

What lmao. An organic pepper is $2.70 at Whole Foods. One pepper.

does this research theorize that this is in addition to any sort of welfare payment?

Dumbest shit I've ever read. Just a dream of niggers and basement dwellers. Entitlement on steroids because the current one isn't bad enough

>grow the economy
Hyperinflation isn't "growing the economy."
Learn from Zimbabwe.

>thinking economists have any idea what they're talking about

I live in a £4m flat, but my income is £8k a year.

Feelsbadman.

Why does this thread keep showing up? Is there some kind of legislation in the works? Is anything official even leaning towards this being real? What's with the push for this topic right now? Why hasn't anyone been asking these questions?

sauce on op pls

And get fucked by inflation and debt of the country to the point its currency is worth less then a computer games mmo form of currency

>Poorfags will use 1k to pay rent
>Middle class will buy useful shit
Kek. Wake up faggot

Found the report, can someone sum it up for me because loldidntread
Is there actual science or economics behind this or is it just pure speculation
>rooseveltinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Modeling-the-Macroeconomic-Effects-of-a-UBI.pdf

> 247,800,000 adults in the United States
> Steal from the hardworking and productive members of society through taxes or diluting the money supply through printing money
> Give each adult $1000
> 2.47 Trillion dollars is now available to spend
What did they mean by this?

Shhh goy. Dont questions the kikes

>THE LARGER THE UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME, THE GREATER THE BENEFIT TO THE ECONOMY
By this retarded fucking "reasoning", we should all get a million bucks a month. What could possibly go wrong?

Saudi Arabia is beginning to collapse because the had a UBI system. A vast section of their population are NEETs, and the Saudis rely on foreign engineers and scientists to do anything complicated. Once the oil dries-up, they're fucked.

seriously though, $1k doesn't net you much, in the US especially.

>inb4 everyone buys drugs for the money and it escapes the system

>Israel

This is a good thing. It will most likely lead to full on automation. Which is GOOD. And as we all know when white men do nothing, they do the most important thing. Think.
Almost all great inventors, philosophers and scientists came from wealthy families or owned slaves. Less work = less problems = innovation

Holy shit...$2.5 trillion increase by 2025...And it'll only cost $12,000 per year per adult?

If we gave every adult $100,000 a month, we'd all be rich and the economy would increase by almost infinity!

>trickle down works

>a shitload of assumptions and abstractions fed into an equation
>"""""""""a study"""""""""""

Why must leftists always lie and mislead every moment of their lives?

Universal basic income should ONLY be given in exchange for something else, like sterilization, or it will become an unbounded problem.

>$3TRILLION a year in handouts would somehow "grow the economy"
>$21 TRILLION in handouts in the next seven years will somehow generate a $2.5 Trillion return

This is why libshits invented Common Core; they have to destroy math for any of their commie plans to make any sense

have a source on this? ive heard that saudis have a super welfare system but i didnt know they relied on foreigners so much

>kike LARPer using NAZI flag is actually kike
What a coincidence.

"full automation" = a cognitive elite servicing the ever-growing masses with technology and hard work while the masses threaten violence if they don't get free stuff

There should be NO basic income without population reduction.

Wait guys, hang on a second.

If they give 1k out to everyone, does that mean that all the other welfare payments and all that stop? Because I'm pretty sure niggers are taking in more than 12k a year in gimmedats

Somehow people with money breeds less.

All evidence confirms this.

ayy

What is inflation and over population for 500 $ Alex?

Long Air Jordans

Couples should be limited to one or two children. Assuming a few die off we lessen the pipulation regardless.

Doubtful. They would receive their benefits and this would be a whole separate fund in order to stimulate the economy - like a tax refund. But niggers already use their handouts to buy luxuries they have no right to have or means to pay for.

What is this grills name?

>Couples
*Niggers and Spics

Fine, then they won't mind it.

You're also not accounting for the fact that the people with the money NOW are smart enough to limit the number of children, the people with money under a UBI system, not necessarily.

>dump 3.2 trillion on the economy every year for 8 years
>grow economy by 2.5 trillion
Liberal math.

>live normally
>use free gubmint fiat to purchase crypto

why stop at $1,000
let's go for $1,500,000
literally massive growth which only makes everyone richer

People used to spend there money buying things and entertainment going out family vacations house projects. Now everyone barely can afford to live. This is a good idea. 1k isn't shit

Precisely.

How about couples that can afford it can have as many children as they want, cut off all welfare, and let the halfwit niggers with five baby daddies starve to death? The problem solves itself.

So... where would the money be coming from?

$1000 a month to every American... that's about $320 billion a month in extra spending, or $3.84 trillion per year. Who's going to pay for that?

I don't if they are "smart enough" they just do it.

The numbers aren't smart they just are.

People who EARN more money tend to be responsible breeders, not people who are given money. You only need to look at Africa to see the consequences of giving wogs free food.

hnngggg

Sucks for you. If universal basic income comes out, food prices will go up even more, if you don't live in the heartland which is the vast majority of worthless retarded liberals. Why would farmers drop their prices knowing everybody has more cash to spend? Heartland supplies the pretentious fags in urban areas, that wouldn't change.

Actually. I like this idea more. Kek.
Bit in all honesty. While i want niggers to die out. I want sane, critically thinking black people to live and continue to contribute.
Blacks > Niggers . Spics on the other hand... i cant say ive met a good one.

>"grow" the economy (aka increase inflation) by 2.5 trillion per year
>simultaneously increase the national debt by 4 trillion

Anyone that thinks this is a good idea is a literal brainlet.

Very cute but her toenails are kinda gross

why?

I get over 1000 neet bux montly and im poor as shit and cant afford anything

You think all farmer will quit their jobs and live like a poor neet?

>Trap?

Bernie Sanders will by waving his hands around and repeating "the top 1%" over and over. You read that in his voice. Boinyy

I don't understand. Do US dollars have an objective intrinsic value? Is there something I am missing here?

do i still get gibs even if i have a job that pays more than that? or just a tax credit, or what?

>"organic"
>Whole Foods

Gonna stop you right there

If you actually even read page one of the paper, you would realize that the assumptions it makes, which is:

>Specifically, the Levy model assumes that the economy is not currently operating near potential output (Mason 2017) and makes two related microeconomic assumptions: (1) unconditional cash transfers do not reduce household labor supply; and (2) increasing government revenue by increasing taxes levied on households does not change household behavior. Other macroeconomic models would make different, likely less optimistic forecasts, because they would disagree with these assumptions.

Which means that it is a fantastical delusion, a what if scenario and not applicable to real life. Like Communism.

This is win win for USA since we are the global currency yes a little inflation happens but we become a buying super power again and in return even more money flows through USA. Think everyone is spending more money, more tourism more everything. More money is always better. They bailed out the banks and auto industry and airlines saving them from bankruptcy and now the Dow is at a record high. Obama DOUBLED the deficit and now the Dow is record high. Giving people USA people money is good bc debt doesn't matter. Inflation will adjust to where the jews can still make record profits but I'm thinking people will still have money the middle and poor class now so they can actually buy shit. And we need to buy guns

>the more money you throw at the economy the more money is in the economy
really activates my almonds

No. Liberals are just fucking retarded. This is nothing new that hasnt been argued down to irrelevance before. Universal basic income doesn't work because the money doesn't come from an alternate dimension.

Predicted outcome of $1,000/month universal basic income: Economy grows

Actual outcome of $1,000/month universal basic income: Rents increase by $1,000/month, and the corresponding increase in property value for investors ensures that normal people will never be able to afford a house.

Plus, people are just going to waste the money on dumb shit, which is just going to make the wealthy, wealthier. Then, they're going to get larger loans, which in turn, will create "more money" via fractional reserve banking.

God damn disaster all around, which will just exacerbate all of the issues we have now exponentially.

I like this idea, but only POCs should be eligible, whites should have to pay for it considering they're the ones who destroyed the African's homeland and then took them as slaves.

This

Poor people make bad spending decisions

1k a month is poverty level.

If they're going to do universal income it needs to be at least 2k.

>Giving every adult in the United States a $1,000 cash handout per month

This dis-incentivizes working and incentivizes being a dependant. It is designed to hurt and erode the middle class, which is the bedrock of American society. Once that segment of society is reduced and the dependant poor class is in the majority, then the nation will be ripe for takeover.

There is practically no difference between a Communist regime, a corrupt banana republic, a theocratic Islamist country or a feudalist state: they are all extremely centralized, top-down, extremely stratified totalitarian structures. There is very, very little economic mobility and individualism.

The $1000 monthly stipend (bribe) is really a form of pension; and now actual retirement pensions are in trouble. Many state pensions are underfunded due to incompetence, graft or dis-honest deals that are economically doomed. The politicians and CEOs that made the pension deals have made their money and safely retired to their estates. The mess that is coming will screw everyone else.

Oh good now I would have to pay $500 in rent now as my current rent is $1500.

That's the idea. As long as everyone pretend it's worth something then we can print it as much as we want.

>be accused of "hate"
>cut off income
>fall in line because you're a dumb faggot with no discipline

Yeah nah, your rent would increase.

>At it's peak, the mighty civilization of America crumbles when they resort to the teachings of it's antagonistic foe, communism
>The country then breaks down into several, anarchious city states protecting their previous borders and trying to expand

At least I won't have to deal with your bullshit immigration system and will be able to live in the mountains of Colorado.
Let mexicans going in by the thousands but deny a green card to a white norwegian, I don't even care about 90% of the rest of the US aside from oregon

>5 trillion per year added to inflation
>8 trillion per year added to the national debt
>2k then will be the same as 2k now

Oh ok

While I'm totally against the QE policies of the world's central banks. Given that money printing is the route they've committed to taking, I think it would be far more effective to distribute a small universal income rather than simply buying bonds from the banks which then gets funneled into the stock market. The current method only enriches the super wealthy who aren't likely to spend their gains, just save it and become even more wealthy.
This way, giving every adult a few hundred bucks a month, the money will get spent in the economy at a far higher rate and the velocity of money may increase. More growth. More inflation. Higher rates. Better returns for retirees on their fixed income. Etc.
Buy Taco Bell stock.

I hope you realize that the aid to Africa never actually reaches the population like it's intended to.

People that breeds less doesn't do it out of responsibility (abortion rates confirms this), they have money, they can do other things besides puppies.

>money is worth less
>somehow things will cost less
/leftypol/ shills threads for you, expect logic and get retards.

I dont even want to check my normiebook because i'll be mad when is see people sharing this study that will totally work omg guys we solved the economy unless our basic assumptions are false in which case everyone dies

>Poor people will pay their rent. And middle class people will buy more shit.
And prices will rise due to rise in demand. So the poorer segments will still get priced out relatively quickly. So, a few years later, and time to increase the UBI benefit to reflect inflation, and so on.

>1st of the month
>$1000 deposited into everyone's accounts
>3rd of the month
>all of the niggers are broke and haven't paid their rent or bought food other then liquor and chips
>10th of the month
>rioting for more gibs
>get more gibs
>repeat next month until government runs out of money

google

mewch Кeлли Haзapиo

"I don't understand how inflation works" the post.