"Banter" is bullying. Words can, and do hurt...

> "Banter" is bullying. Words can, and do hurt, and we all have a responsibility to make sure everyone feels psychologically safe
What do you say in response to this, Sup Forums? I was bullied as a kid, but in retrospect, I'm glad they did, because I was inviting them to kick me without even realizing it. I got verbally bullied for years before I realized that the answer was not to run and get the teacher, but to stand up for myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2_rSysXws
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>and we all have a responsibility to make sure everyone feels psychologically safe
we don't have the responsibility. Look after yourselves

If someone said that to me I would probably avoid and ignore the pansy.
I don't want to waste my own time.

I think it is more evidence of the fact that women tend to act like protective mothers, and this has spilled over into the education sphere. I remember being told over and over to never fight or stand up for myself, but instead to be passive, get a teacher, or try meme-tier tactics like trying to negotiate with people that are calling you a faggot.

Reciprocity and altruism are essential aspects of being well socialized; if you go full 'lone wolf', nobody will want to be around you, and you will be out-competed by groups/tribes

Noone said go lone wolf. But don't change things because it might hurt someones feelings otherwise you'll never achieve anything.
We have an issue in australia where we have to consult abos and thanks abos and give abos money before anything can happen. it has cost so much money and slowed so much shit down. Expecting other to make you "psychologically safe" is just manipulation

Interesting. I would argue that the truth is more important than someone's feelings, but it is possible to be more or less of an asshole while speaking truth, no?

If you don't banter they never grow thick skin which makes them weak. Reality is about survival and if you can't survive harsh words then you're a Darwin-like reject of evolution.

When I was a kid, we were told "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me."

Sounds like pretty good words to live by. We even made racist jokes with each other and all had a good time.

But how do we encourage this type of thinking? The modern world has more or less explicitly set up nature/biology as the oppressor, humans the victims, and Jews/activists the rescuers. How do we get people to understand that the world is not "fair" and it is far more useful to heed nature rather than try to deny the natural law?

Yes, but who get's to decide what defines being an asshole? It's good if you're not setting out to hurt peoples feeling but you don't have that responsibility and that's good because it's a responsibility that is impossible to live up to

>What do you say in response to this, Sup Forums?
Get off of Sup Forums if you are too emotionally fragile for it

I remember one of my teachers had a sign on the wall of the classroom that said "life's not fair." Every time somebody complained "but that's not fair!" he would point to the sign.

It was great. Before long the whole class would look forward to all shouting "life's not fair!" at the next opportunity.

Youre still that stupid little worthless faggot that got picked on in school. And you always will be. Sage.

Explain berber slave trade, how Trojans after conquering the lands fought in the Trojan war threw babies over cliffs of their newly conquered people. conquering of the Sassanid and Byzantine Empires or even the collapse of Rome

If reality was a kind cuddly place of teddy bears, rape, murder, assault, and verbal threats wouldn't be real. These people are delusional trying to live in a coddled world. Those who aren't coddled will typically be stronger, naturally, caused by being forced to survive more.

You honestly can't explain this to the mind of delusional people.

I was a fat kid and made fun of every day. I didn't cry and tell an adult to make the other kids stop. I used it as motivation to lose weight and exercise. it hurt to be made fun of, even by your friends. But in the end, they're all overweight and I'm still in shape. Funny how life works

> who gets to decide what defines being an asshole
By social consensus, no? I could piss off everyone in my town, but if I did, no one would do business with me, and I wouldn't be able to buy or sell, and I would either have to have a lone wolf existence, or leave, or work to be accepted by whatever the bare minimum number of people it takes to be able to survive.

The problem I see is that the women and activists and Jews are trying to push the social consensus waaaaay to the left, to the point that anyone who is anything less than a bouncy ray of sunshine and love is interpreted as an oppressor.

> Puerto Rico
> Not a filthy subhuman monkey
shoo shoo, monkey.

Sarah: It's not fair...
Jareth: You say that so often, I wonder what your basis for comparison is?

>By social consensus, no?
No. Nobody has the time of day to care about defining by consensus what is and is not being an "asshole." What you wind up that way is some ugly hen pecking bitches complaining about shit nobody cares about and telling everybody how to live their lives.

I knew you were a fucking leaf the other day
Stop with your faggot ass blog posting and kill yourself

btw when I was a kid I bullied the fuck out of people

I bullied a kid so bad in 3rd grade the kid had his mother call the school and the school called the police..

If I had been bullied maybe I wouldn't be such a loser today.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2_rSysXws

>we all have a responsibility to make sure everyone feels psychologically safe
exactly, so we give you some exposure therapy

You already know the answer OP.
The people who take exception to "banter" and act like it's a fucking crime, had sheltered upbringings. They hardly ever got bullied, and if they did, they never had to stand up for themselves because their concerns were taken seriously by adults who mollycoddled them.
They grew up being treated like fucking princesses, being taught to believe in themselves, and then recoil in shock when they're slapped in the face by the reality that they're not perfect, that they're not always right, and that not everyone is up for kneeling and kissing their feet.

>By social consensus, no?
>The problem I see is that the women and activists and Jews are trying to push the social consensus waaaaay to the left

And that's the problem with the idea that you have "a responsibility to make sure everyone feels psychologically safe"

But more than that what makes one person feel safe might make another feel unsafe. The whole mis-gendering of trannies is an example of this. I'm just pointing out that the argument that we have a responsibility is wrong

Lmao, kys mein burger, you peaked in fucking high school and will never amount to anything because you are a pathetic sack of shit who jerks off faggots with AIDS. Nobody likes you, nobody ever will, and your dead end job is more than you deserve.
Except that is exactly what happens, dumb dumb, I'm asking how we can change that short of getting rid of civilization and going back to nature. Reality is the best at redpilling, but when we are so divorced from reality (thanks to our wealth and technology) we become weak, as we no longer have to align ourselves with the facts of reality in order to survive. Then we get out-competed by those who are more in alignment with reality, which is exactly what we see happening with the Muslim invasion of Europe. Maybe this is simply fate, and it is an endless cycle of hard times -> strong men -> good times -> weak men -> hard times

Well, for one thing, the illegals should be deported and kids should be out doing that work whether it's stuff around the yard or having to stand at a cash register for hours and look reality in the face to make a buck.

I think what he's trying to ask is how do we get peoples minds to change so that they are on board with deportations

Cut off the gibs and let them try to find work. Minds change when they have to confront reality.

Then if we want to try another round of make-work programs to jump-start the economy, there can be great jobs like putting the FEMA camps to use (they are run by ICE -- obvious detention facilities for illegals) as a temporary thing, or infrastructure construction, or any of the other manly jobs that turn faggots in to men.

There's still some beautiful old stonework in one of my local city parks from the make-work programs of the Great Depression. Proudly stamped, of course, "CCC."

Yes, thank you, now we're getting somewhere. Women (on average) seem naturally predisposed to be agreeable, and hence will shy away from harsh reality, so we don't have much hope of redpilling them. The education system is dominated by people who are high in agreeableness, so they will continue to try to make sure everyone is 'okay' and taken care of, rather than teaching them to be competent and aware.

Leftist-Jews have explicitly said (many times) that nature is oppressive and needs to be constrained, but truth cannot be constrained for long. I just fear that we will be destroyed before the truth is able to break free, be that truth about race realism, sex realism, the JQ, etc etc.

I don't accept the dichotomy here. Fucking with someone violates the non-aggression principle.
Fairness is a human concept where we make rules for the game and breaking the rules is unfair. Nature is not a person and so cannot be unfair as it hasn't agreed to any rules. One person abusing another cannot be justified on the basis that nature is unfair. It's two different things.

Mfw when Im 6,3 make 100 grand a year and have fucked moar girls than you can count with your hands and feet

I think the only thing thats is going to change peoples minds is when it happens to them. WHen they get raped by refugess or when they get hit by a car of peace. or when they lose their job or their house for the sake of the others. It'll take the west getting almost to the point of no return before anything changes, right now you're not even allowed to speak out against these things, but thats slowly changing

why would someone just go on the internet and lie like that?

Its not a lie because I believe it in my mind

I am really six foot 3 though
and I do have sex with women

>Words hurt

As do contact sports, and yet we ensure that boys suffer these exercises in order to attain fitness of mind and body.

Banter is also a consensual agreement, in general banter everyone is free to retaliate, attack, etc. If it instead becomes relentless hounding on an individual, then it ceases to be banter.

*in general, in banter

Unironically a good post. I hadn't formulated the explanation of why 'life isn't fair' is actually rooted in an understanding that nature is not conscious and therefore cannot abide by human rules. Would you then deny that 'justice' exists independently of human conception?
> LARPing on a Congolese tea leaf fortune telling collective
Neck yourself.
Right, reality will redpill people, but by then it may be too late.

They'll do anything to stop bullying, unless the kid doing the bullying as well as the beating is a black kid with serious IQ problems who's two years older than everybody.
If that's the bully, "he's such a good boy who wouldn't hurt a fly".
Fuck female teachers.

Isn't the answer to just not be assholes so nothing bad happens in the first place? You wouldn't have to make this decision if your bullies were confident or good enough people to not mock you.

I realize this is idealistic and reductive. But so is your retarded perspective.

>I am really six foot 3 though
>and I do have sex with women
>in my mind

I feel raped by your words, you bully!
HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!HOW DARE YOU!

>What do you say in response to this, Sup Forums?
Well, you answered the question in the OP. Kids that get bullied mostly deserve to get bullied and it will do them good.

This may be more of a difference between idealism and pragmatism. Sure, in an ideal situation, nobody would be mean, but reality is that people are capable of malevolence, and it is better to be competent at defending oneself, whether physically, emotionally, or mentally etc.

You're being just as idealistic. You're just putting your ideals onto individuals who get bullied. You dealth with it, and that's fine. Doesn't mean everyone can. And that's your stupid ideal, but pushing it on others requires just as much energy as stopping bullying in the first place. Faggot bitch.

Lel. So what's your solution then? Personal responsibility and sacrifice are harsh mistresses, but the alternative is to try to make life 'fair' when nature is not 'fair', which leads to people becoming
resentful and weak.