Should i learn French or Spanish?

Should i learn French or Spanish?

German

Learn Spanish. It's the easier of two.

d'accord alors

*the two

Learn a third world language, are you crazy ? French btw

>inb4 language shitflinging starts

Spanish. The only places you can use French are France (soon to be replaced with Arabic), nigger shitholes, and Pacific islands that will be underwater in 50 years.

learn chinese instead

You don't want to talk to anybody that can speak one of those languages but can't speak English. Learn Russian or Japanese. German if you're a historian/nazi larper

And Quebec, but Canada is cucked

Mandarin is among one of the top languages i want to learn next to yours.

Pay denbts

>t. Deutschland über Alles

pay reps you cunt

spanish

gib Preussen back, kurwa

Chinese is more difficult than learning both french and spanish

have fun with learning polish

You cant just claim that they owe you money cause they broke up with you, Le'monjello Al-Berlini.

You're a native English speaker? Mandarin and Polish are impossible for you.

I guess that would depend on what sort of line of work you do and your future prospects? Where you want to go, who do you want to meet, that sort of thing.

Learn spanish, french is a retarded language.

no kurwa you pay reps
I know but I think that it's more useful

i like the way they sound.
Don't be a self-hating cuck. Your language isn't some gutter speak like pidgin or Afrikaans.

>You cant just claim that they owe you money

Of course I can, I just did

Depends on what you want to learn it for. Spanish should be easier by design.

Good luck collecting, Aladdin.

Neither you cuck

It doesn't matter, they are literally impossible for you. You can't make the sounds that Mandarin wants you to make, and you will never grasp Polish grammar/vocab without living there for 10 years.

If you can't decide, learn catalan - french and spanish had a baby: the language

You can have our slimes, they will grow the GDP because of your declining birthrates, it will be tough but we'll sacrifice

Spanish is easier
French is harder.
Make ur choice

Learn Somali

Why are there so many fucking forms?Were the people who made the language fucking trolling?

What are some possible languages to learn as a native English speaker? I'm fluent in Spanish but want to learn a cooler language like Arabic or Persian. Would these be possible?

Any tips on improving my spanish? I've picked up a ton from working with Mexicans in construction but I've kind of been at a standstill. My coworkers tell me to read children's books in spanish but that's a bit below my skill level.

slav countries are autistic about their languages

Culture of work?
Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world (as a first language). But manny of those countries are third world shitholes that are only good for explotation.
French has a lot of history, but is is spoken by the French caliphate and some black leople.

Is chinese a meme or should I learn it as my fourth language?

Theres a simplified form of mandarin though, Nǐ hǎo, wǒ de míngzì shì user.

Is not a meme, I'm learning chinese for the coming years. Russian would be nice too

Spanish is easier initially, but its grammar is in fact more complex, with more conjugations. A quick example.

Je te répond.

Te contesto.
Te contestando.

So French makes no distinction between "I answer you," and "I'm answering you," they have no way of indicating the progressive aspect, as in something not being completed yet, at least through verb conjugation. It would have to be picked up from context.

French is harder to pronounce and its irregular verbs are extremely difficult, but Spanish grammar is objectively more complicated.

Spanish starts off easier, but it's harder than French in the end. There are more verb tenses.

>Agreement or concord (abbreviated agr) happens when a word changes form depending on the other words to which it relates.
This is actually a good thing. Sure, learning all the word forms is a chore, but at least the grammatical structure of a sentence is immediately clear. Now, reading, say, Japanese is like solving fucking charades, with a lot of meaning being hidden in the context.

Wrong, Francois. Only its pronunciation is harder. Spanish has many more verb tenses.

Get Pimsleur audio books from Audible. They're awesome. Rosetta Stone is terrific too, but it's expensive.

The problem with Arabic is that its very difficult in the normal ways a language is difficult, but also because its dialects vary so wildly across the Arabic world. Egyptian Arabic is incomprehensible to people in Yemen. I assume by Persian you mean Farsi? I don't know enough about it to say, but since its a language that's only spoken in a relatively small area, you have to make sure you want to go there and use it at some point. As I said earlier in the thread, the "challenging but possible" languages I reccomend are Russian, Japanese, and perhaps German. All of these will unlock a huge population that doesn't speak English (especially for Russian) as well as a rich literary tradition.

Have you tried Duolingo? It's free and I've heard good things about it.

Cyкa, that was supposed to be my fourth language, but my family is pressuring me a lot into learning chand-speak
Anyways, I have until I finish German to decide. However, I heard that people a long time ago thought that Japanese was the language of the future (like people say about chinese) so I am not sure if the bubble is going to burst too

Learn urdu, you can put it into practise on day to day basis

> French makes no distinction between "I answer you," and "I'm answering you"

Je te réponds=Te contesto
Je suis en train de te répondre = estoy contestandote.

We do have a progressive form Paco

>French has 274M of users.
>Spanish has 590M of users.

In utility terms, there's no doubt.
(numbers taken from the Wikipedia)

Yeah, meanwhile you can speak Spanish in the US because they've even been cucked out of "their" language

i learned mandarin at 25 and am fluent. my tones are spot on. native english speaker. lived in china 2 years (you can't learn any language without living deeply immersed, unfortunately that probably means living in china)

he shouldn't learn mandarin though for other reasons. it's not a 'trade' language like people meme about. anyone in any trading capacity in china already speaks english at a functional level (and btw, it's faster to use English just because it's a better language - ideographic languages are slower to read and write even if you're fluent in them, even for natives).

furthermore,

if you learn mandarin to speak with people who can't speak english, you'll be able to speak to 50+ year old, uneducated northerners (50+ year old southern chinese don't speak mandarin). the youth can speak english.

don't learn mandarin because it's useful. it's not at all. you have to be intrinsically motivated to learn it specifically. if you do it because you're interested in the chinese writing system, realize that cantonese and traditional chinese writing are probably the best for that because cantonese is closer to historic writing. mandarin is an abomination on so many levels and even the mainlanders can barely communicate to each other with it. it's just an inferior tool for communicating ideas.

Just enlist as a 1A8X1 like I did and let the government decide what language you should learn for up to 16 straight months :^)
I got Korean btw just graduated it's crazy how fast you can learn a language over 1.5 years when you do it all day every day for 8+ hours

At least Spics have hotter women that French-speaking niggers.

French, just so people will use it again

hahahha 100% accurate. But catalan is way more difficult than spanish I would say.

All the verbal tenses

Yo te respondo/contesto
Yo te he contestado
Yo te contestaré
Yo te contesté
Yo te hube contestado
Yo te habré contestado
Yo te contestaría
Yo te habría contestado

If you fuck up, you will change the whole meaning. And that's a single pronoun lol. Enjoy

> (You)
t. "White" Hispanic

Spanish is more useful unless you are moving to Canada.

Buy this.
I couldn't say if it's easier or harder since I was born it it. What I meant is that it should be, since it was officially changed and standardized at least three times through history to make it easier.

Mandarin.

Chinese/Japanese, French is a language of niggers and Spanish of amerindian mongrels.

Hola, ¿Eres un ángel? Porque parece que caiste de cara desde el cielo

Reading foreign childrens books to help with your grasp of a language/ alphabet.

Thats actually a good idea.

My name ain't Paco, and I love both Spanish and French. I don't have any horse in this race.

You're using the infinitive form of the verb, répondre, thus, you haven't contradicted my point on there being no conjugation for the present progressive.

I noted that it would have to be communicated through context, and not conjugation, which you very well just did.

buen zagal

hello, I really like Iranian culture, should I learn Persian?

German, its going to be a dead language in a few years.

French is more aesthetic but less applicable.

Persia died with the muslim conquest.

But Iranian sweets are soooooo goooood!

Or maybe I should just beld over and learn Standard Arabic

Both french and german are garbage, the people, the country, the language, all shit

Go for it bro, I heard it's pretty tough tho

>tfw no iranian waifu

user, i've been learning the language and so far it has been pretty easy for me.

but fuck, i still don't understand tildes, i mean when the fuck are you suppose to use them? for the most parts when i'm speaking with out american friends i never even use them and they can still understand me, so yeah.

As a semi-fluent Spanish speaker, I'm wondering, how in Spain do you perceive the difference in communicating the future tense between "ir a + infinite," "voy a hacerlo," and "lo haré." I've heard different responses on this, with one indicating more immediacy and certainty than the other.

Naturally, I want to see if I can get away with "ir a + infinitive" all the time, so I don't have to memorize all these irregulars, and still be speaking properly and getting my point across.

Fuck me.

>for the most part when i'm speaking with my south american friends.

n with a ~ literally just means /ny/

I am going to suppouse that is is as hard as arabic

Spaniards usually use
>Voy a hacerlo
>He hecho algo
While latinos (or at least Mexicans) use
>Lo haré
>Hice algo
They mean the same, the former is just a for less formal but more immediate. But there ir no important diference

The average French knows already english and Spaniards are too dumb to learn English... Spanish

No, Farsi (Persian) is an indo-European language, it's like learning Russian. But they use the Arabic script for writing

I think they don't use arabic since they are shia but I'm not 100% sure.

I know this Iranian girl in LA, she's rich and she wants me to visit her
>inb4 50 y/o man who will rape me
I video called her, she's a qt

Nah they use persian

>I think they don't use arabic since they are shia but I'm not 100% sure.
You're correct that they don't use Arabic, but not for the right reason, the afghans speak various languages (not Arabic tho) and they are Sunni for the most part. The Iranians converted to Islam, but their cultural practices and language were too strong for the Arabs to uproot and replace with Arab culture and Arabic language

Don't you guys speak mandarin? I dont know much about taiwan.

French, German, Japanese... spain and south america is trash

Oh, I thought that they are related in more than having similar scripts. So russian, heh?
Oпa!
They use a different language with a very similar script. Main reason why I called it persian (It is actually called Farse, now I am told)

Cantonese, Mandarin is a Linguistical abortion created by Mao

>Haré X
>He hecho X

Latinos can't pronounce corretly either: "nacer" (to be born). The "c" should be pronounced like the "th" in "path", but latinos say "naser", pronouncing the "c" like the "s" of "Somalia".

I traduce "voy a hacerlo" as "I'm going to do it"
and "lo haré" as "I will do it"
It does means the same, but with somme little differences

First one is more colloquial and common, and it expresses an inmediate action in a closer future
Second one is more formal, and it kinda means u agree on doing it, but without giving any deadline for it

Don't do it compa, Russian is extremely difficult to memorize and pronounce, I wasted 5 months of my life trying to learn it…tfw no russian girlfriend

The pic shows the different language groups of the indo-European languages, it's pretty interesting actually

learn western (german, french, italian) or russian/chinese languages faggot

Learn English, First.

This is why arabs and most sunnis hate Iran nowadays right?

It's easy to dismiss French culture as leftist and decadent because of the French revolutionaries, the existentialists, the commies and the post-modernists which the French deserve blame for, but French intellectual culture also has a proud tradition of Fascist/reactionary thinkers like Celine, Charles Maurras and Maurice Pujo.