Harry Potter = Lefties liberals || LOTR = Our fantasy books

There was the brief trend of making LOTR memes a while back that become quite popular with normies on social media.

Thing is I never see liberals use Lord of the Rings as a reference, but are prolific with their referencing to Harry Potter. Perhaps there is a tacit agreement that HP is theirs and LOTR is ours.

It has been accused of racism a few times in its history. It will come under even more fire if it becomes a cultural icon of the movement. And unlike HP which gets JK Rowling to constantly virtue signal and move goal posts, Tolkien isn't alive to defend his work or bend the knee.

I've noticed this too. As much as Sup Forums likes making fun of liberals that always reference HP, they do the same w/ LOTR

Very well.

lotr has a much higher quality of language than harry potter, most people i know who have read or tried to read it had troubles understanding many words and even sentences at times
i'd assume that because lotr has high poetic value that eloquently goes against much of what the left preaches, they have either not read it or didnt understand it properly
>inb4 le fedora edgelord

friendly reminder if LOTR was made today, Frodo and Sam would be gay, hobbits would be brown, shire would be communist society, Gandalf would be transnigger, Aragorn would be black, and Orcs would be white with Nordic names, and it would all be summed up as "Powerful. Wow."

Haven't seen either but as an outsider I can say, yeah, this is true about the fans. By the way what is the most close to Sup Forums is the Tragedy of Man.

LOTR requires at least two brain cells in order to read it in the first place, which is why leftists only know about it from the movies.

LOTR is ours. Let JK Rowling be the queen of normies with her faggy children's saga. Tolkien is for the patrician

The left can only digest books like Twilight and 13 reasons why. Speaking of which, is twilight even a thing anymore? Harry Potter is still popular but you never hear about those vampire romance novels anymore

Sorry bud, I wrote several papers on how LoTR is basically an allegory for WW2 and fighting nazis, and a strong endorsement of environmentalism.

Just put the dots together yourself, except the ring is actually nuclear technology and include the heavy homosexual moments between Frodo and Sam (the biggest heroes) as a tacit endorsement of that kind of stuff (if you read the books you'll remember, but if you just saw the movies which were much more conservative you won't)

I've literally never seen or read anything Harry Potter.

When I was a child I was extremely into LOTR, but I hated Harry Potter. Thought it was shit tier fantasy aimed at kids, while LOTR felt like an actual different universe. Sprawling with well thought out lore and an interesting, believable story (insofar possible in a fantasy book).

Same. HP came out after I had already read LOTR as a child. I couldn't even get through the first HP book before boredom set in.

These are the kings of men, notice anything? This thread is about the books but the LOTR movies could never have been made the way they were, today.

It's funny that Harry Potter often gets accused of promoting occultism and LOTR is immune from such criticisms because Tolkien was a Catholic

although the movies do have several bits telling people how much they need to respect the environment and things that are nice and green. The trees literally go to fucking war.

Lots of allegories to all sorts of things. Liberals are always the good guys and conservatives are always the bad guys. Name me one popular work of fiction where the main protagonist (who wins in the end) is urging people to return to normal values and fighting deviancy.

Obviously everyone in LOTR is white, it's a story that derives from European folklore and mythology

Simply because LoTR and somewhat in part with CS Lewis' works are from people who actually knew the realities of war and strife, and witnessed both the darkest evils and greatest of mankind. True inspiration like that comes from experience, compared to the fantastical and irrational worldview of a middle class brother who's never had to fight for anything in her life.

This is the Hobbit, notice anything?

Thank God LOTR came out when it did

finally i found a reason to post this saved image

harry potter is more normal you kind of have to be autistic to get into lotr

would have been kings and queens of men (1 white guys, 4 white women, 1 negress, 1 nigger, 1 asian, and 1 mulatto)
Tolkien is very racist in his writing also, notice how he describes the men out of harad as black savages, and how black/dark skin often is mentioned as a "quality" of someone despicable in the books

This is now an orcposting thread.

the hobbit was revisionist shit made recently.

That's like arguing that Force Awakens means every stormtrooper in 4-6 was a dindu

We need to appropriate Hairy Potter and start making HP memes that will trigger lefties and JKR. If it is even possible, that is. I've only seen the first couple of movies and never read the books, I'm not sure if it has any potential.

tolkien specifically said that was not the case though.

Just imagine what Arwen or Galadriel would have looked like

To be fair, LOTR isn't nearly as "occultist" as HP, except maybe for the villains.

I didn't say that it was. But it does have a lot of pagan elements to it. Regardless, Catholics love LOTR

>But it does have a lot of pagan elements to it
So does Catholicism.

LOTR was better than the Hobbit in every way. The CGI looked shit, the storyline was drawn out, it wasn't suspenseful, and of course the obligatory diversity (allthough still an amazing feat that he managed to keep all the main cast white) and feminist character.

>ay yo hol up aragorn, aint you be goin out on some shaggin round wit dem boyyz again heeell no, i aint go notin to done with that no mo, get yo whyte azz back to rivendell right mofuggin now you aint gon be leavin me with mine child here yo
i can picture it

Why do you think they love LOTR?

Yeah, would have had an entirely different feel if it had been released recently.
Something like that, it would have been absolute garbage
brainlet

In amazed how much doublethink there is.

>Hey guys. We shouldn't judge another group coz they are different from us.
>Let's lock up all the Slytherin guys coz they are evil lol

Also why is no questioning that Harry who is a supposedly a white male is the hero who does most of the work while females so very little? Shouldn't people complain that Rowling can't write any competent females who can do anything? (Hermione's help I would argue is very little compared to all the dudes who helped harry)

My head hurts from just thinking about it

I think that there were she-niggers because of anti discrimination laws so they couldn't deny them as extras because they were niggers. At least the main characters were white.

Can't remember anyone using LOTR here since the orc memes and it was a short phase not meant to be taken seriously anyway but to mock the liberals.
Your analogy is shit.
>A fucking leaf

I actually really like HP. JK Rowling is no CS Lewis, but her books are quite fun.
In fact, Sup Forums could easily appropriate HP memes to warn against Big Gov (Ministry of Magic having so much control over Wizard's lives it leads to a lot of problems throughout the series), Mainstream Media (Daily Prophet lying about everything), Lefties' abuse of power (Dolores Umbridge)

if LOTR was redone today at least half of the fellowship would be rewritten as women and minorities

That was the implication in your post at least, unless I misunderstood it.

How am I a brainlet? LOTR is a whiteman's story. So is the Hobbit, but Jewish hollywood couldn't sink their fangs into LOTR but they infested the Hobbit. Same as how the new Star Wars is obviously jew-poisoned but that doesn't mean that the originals were, necessarily. I don't really like any of the Star Wars movies though personally.

Yeah. LOTR was definitely much better. The Hobbit book is a good book though but the movies moved you absolutley nothing. I cared nothing about the main characters in the movie(the dwarves)

Christianity for the Occultist

Welcome Home

dumb weebpedoposter

Are you autistic? Do you actually think orcposting is non satire?

Lotr is a literary masterpiece; you cannot compare it to harry potter

weebpedo forum

Well that and the fact that Tolkien is catholic

WE

>Making me thing lewd thoughts about Akari

Do not sexualise Akari.

Well 50 shades of vomit is a derivatie of Twilight(a fanfivtion).
/MLP/
In cases like tihs, when 2 options are both bad, neutrality is bad, you need to find an Y.

I could be wrong but I get the sense the Twilight author had the decency to disappear after her 15 mins or fame - same with the woman who wrote the Hunger Games - whereas JK Rowling keeps making prequels and sequels and virtue signaling on Twitter.

I think that's why LOTR isn't popular anymore, because it's so difficult to grasp. Even the movies require a lot of your attention. Especially the extended versions

I mean, when you said that they like LOTR regardless of the pagan elements. But I agree, they like it because of those elements and not despite them.

Fuck Catholics.
>no its ok you can do what you're used to doing just send money to the church

dont think impure thoughts

Stephanie Meyer just raises her children and minds her own business. I respect that even if her books are lame. I'd much rather have a discussion with her than JK "Trump is literally Voldemort" Rowling

>Name me one popular work of fiction where the main protagonist (who wins in the end) is urging people to return to normal values and fighting deviancy.
The Ten Commandments.
Quo Vadis.

The hobbit was dogshit, I don't even consider it part of the other trilogy at all

Yeah, sure. Because orcposting is totally as common as people comparing literally everything to harry potter.

Even though the good guys are literally magical zionists HP franchise in its entirety is too PC to twist it.

Even if what you're saying is true, lotr is a far more tangible and credible universe than hp.
Relatively closer to our own universe than the illogical nature of hp.

That's one reason I like it. It allows you appreciate ancient European culture without being called a heathen. Not many franchises encapsulate old European legends the way LOTR does. GoT is degenerate horseshit

>50 shades of vomit
>not Fifty Shades of Blecch

>not fifty shades of oy vey

>Relatively closer to our own universe than the illogical nature of hp

Because it's not, it was written before and then just adapted to LoTR.
Tolkien spent... I'm not sure, but a long time creating LoTR's universe. Years. How can HP even compete?

The movies I mean

My condolences you watched it.
some of those orcposts are of really nice quality

I like both HP and LOTRO

Frodo and Sam were gay

>I've noticed this too
you haven't noticed anything retard.
go back

>5' 11", 145lbs

Wut?

Lord of the Rings was boring as fuck. The action scenes were sort of cool I guess, but the rest was just terrible. I couldn't even sit through the first movie