Lets see how smart Sup Forums really is for being (((ubermencshen)))

One of these cards breaks the rule. Which card(s) need to be checked for rule breaking? If you pick one that does NOT need to be checked you fail.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t7NE7apn-PA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>This board is for the discussion of news, world events, political issues, and other related topics.

This thread is the rule breaker.

Flip 37
>Rule doesn't say that odd numbers can't have a red back
Flip Red
>Could be even or odd. Neither would disprove the rule. Even would prove it, odd wouldn't prove or disprove it
Flip Blue
>If odd, no rule is broken. If Even, rule is broken
Flip 4
>If red, no rule is broken, if blue, rule is broken

youtube.com/watch?v=t7NE7apn-PA

I love these types of threads because they literally always end up with heated arguments

My answer is
>turn over 37 - red = no rule broken // blue = no rule broken
>turn over 4 - red = no rule broken // blue = RULE BROKEN
>turn over red - even = no rule broken // odd = RULe BROKEN
>turn over blue - even = no rule broken // odd = no rule broken
the blue and "37" card don't provide any useful info, therefore, turn over the "4" card and the red card

fuck you guys.
4 and blue.
The four card because you can falsify the rule if it's blue-backed.
The blue card because you can falsify the statement if it's an even number.
Red and 37 are functionally useless.
btw, Hitler did nothing wrong.

All but the red one would need to be checked.

>37
Might have an even number on the reverse side which would break the rule. Needs to be checked
>4
Might not be red on the reverse side which would break the rule. Needs to be checked
>Red
Doesn't matter what is on the reverse, if it is an even number then it follows the rule, otherwise the rule is irrelevant. Does not need to be checked.
>Blue
Might have an even number on the reverse which breaks the rule. Needs to be checked

Only 4 dumb asses.

37 could be red or blue.
red could be even or odd
blue could be even or odd

ffs 2&4 i mean

Just the second one

Even numbers MUST have red on the other side. This means blue must to have an odd number. Odd numbers with a red back work fine. The only cards that can break this rule are the 4 and blue cards.

Please show me the rule that says anything about blue or odd numbers...

Learn to logic dumbass.

he's right, dumbass. think some more

4 and blue.

Wait no you need to check all fucking 4. Any of them could have an even number on the back making any of them false.

Fuck this is retarded.

Well all but red. That one has to be true.

37 isn't even, we've no rule for uneven ones.
There's no rule saying blue must be uneven or that red must have an uneven number.

only 4 needs flipping.

I have waited the required amount of time for answers to spawn. Sup Forums does not disappoint.

These fine gentlemen are correct.

These fine gentlemen are sadly mistaken.

Now then i understand that this problem is kinda difficult to understand when phrased like this, so i will now put it another way, a way in which i GUARANTEE everyone will get right.

You are wrong.
The rules are 'A card with an even number on one side, means that the other side must be red'.

Let's do it with Propositional
A = even number on one side
B = red on one side
The rule is A -> B.
Truth table is:
A B A->B
0 0 1
0 1 1
1 0 0
1 1 1

So that means we need to check the 4 card.
Because in the case of the Red card, it's true even if it has a odd number.

37 could be even on the other side proving false.

Why not check them all?

Just the 4

All of them except red can disprove the rule.

Because and even has to have red in the reverse. The 37 is irrelevant, the 4 has to have red on the reverse so needs checking. The red doesn't matter, it doesn't say odd numbers can't be red too, only that even MUST be red. And the blue, you'd have to check that it's reverse wasn't even.

So it's 4 and blue, earlier answer was incomplete

No, it says all evens MUST have a red on their reverse, not that all reds must also have an even. The 37 is irrelevant

you need to check the 2nd, 3rd and 4th I guess

see

Am I getting trolled? I will say it again: Blue cards can't have even on the other side, that breaks the rule. The red and 37 cards can have anything except an even number on the other side.

It never said anything about having multiple colors or numbers (altho I feel it was assumed one color and number per card). 37 could have 2 on the other side, which breaks the rule. The 4 and blue could also break the rule with even on the other side.

The red one
Uralic masterrace gg ez

37 is irrelevant it can be red or blue it does not disprove the rule.
4 obviously needs to be checked.
Red actually does not need to be checked, (this one FUKT me up when i got asked this as it does to ~80% of people). Because the rule says even numbers on the one side MUST be red on the other. The reverse is NOT a rule and is therefore irrelevant.
Blue does need to be checked because if it has an even number on the other side it does disprove the rule.

Here is the pic related of the answer i was shown when i got asked this question.

No one said there has to be a colour on one side and a number on the other.

fucking stupid yankeedoodle

What if 37 has even on the other side?

>37 is irrelevant it can be red or blue it does not disprove the rule.
nowhere is it stated that any card strictly has a number on one side and a color on the other. the card with 37 on one side could have the number 10 on the other side, disproving it.

No one said the opposite, either.

What now, sheepshagger?

Well shit....i didn't put enough clarification into the OP post then.

EACH CARD HAS A NUMBER OF ONE SIDE AND A COLOR (red or blue) ON THE OTHER.
IF A CARD HAS AN EVEN NUMBER ON ONE SIDE THE OTHER SIDE MUST BE RED.

I will give you props for thinking outside of box. Good job.

4 and blue, problem solved. Red is a red herring (heh).

So we all agree that red is the only card that doesn't need checking?

Well now that that got thoroughly fucked up, if Sup Forums wants to play again, try this one.

Blue (4)

Five fucking pennies.

There's no rule that says every card has a number that may or may not be even on one side and a color that may or may not be red on the other.

37:
>can have an even number on the other side
Needs to be checked

4:
>same as above

Blue:
>same as above

Red:
>Every possible other side is valid
Doesn't need to be checked

5 cents.

5 cents

>>turn over red - even = no rule broken // odd = RULe BROKEN

The setup says only one card breaks the rules, and that you can only check one card. So if you check one card what proves every other card must be also true or must prove one card wrong?

37 clearly doesn't matter, it can be red or blue.

Blue might matter, if it was even it would be wrong.
Red might matter if it was even, but it can be odd and still be red.
4 matters if it's not red.

So how can you check one card to see that is is wrong (or right) and then prove that the other cards must be wrong?

If I turn over 4 and it's blue, that's my one card wrong and so, blue must be odd and red can be even or odd.
If I turn over 4 and it's red, then if red is odd it doesn't matter. But that means that blue is even and wrong.

If I turn over red and it's even then I still don't know because blue might be even and 4 might be blue. Fail state.
If I turn over red and it's odd, then I still don't know because blue might be even and 4 might be blue. Fail state.

If I turn over blue and it's even, then I know red is even and 4 is red.
If I turn over blue and it's odd then, I know 4 is blue because we have one fail state card. But I can't be sure for all outcomes of blue.

TL;DR turn over 4.

The rules state that only one card breaks the rule of even cards much be red.

You'd just need to 'check' the other rule. Since we already know one rule, if we know the other rule is false then we know that the rule we already know is true. Likewise, if you check the other rule and its true, then that means the other rule is false. Easy.

Nothing ever said that cards with odd numbers can't also have red on the other side.

Just check the "4" card and the blue card.

We have no rule saying that it matters what's on the back of the "37" card, so fuck it.
And the red card is fine irrespective of whatever's on the other side, because it already has the "must have red" thing covered in case the other side of the card has an even number.

you would have to check every card

4, because it doesn't say anything about red cards having to have an even number, or other colours not having an even number

Scratch that, 4 and blue need to be checked

No need to check blue. Checking 4 with the rule that only one card is false proves all cards.