/AHSG/ Atlantic Hurricane Season General - IRMA HAVE YOU MET JOSE? EDITION

PASTEBIN: notehub.org/b1v5b

Mandatory and Voluntary Evacuations, Shelter Information:

gov.texas.gov/hurricane

Recent updates:
>50 Confirmed Harvey deaths
>HURRICANE IRMA LATEST INFO
trackthetropics.com/irma
>Harris County flood control officials: no more uncontrolled releases from Addicks, Barker
>The Federal Emergency Management Agency has received more than 507,000 applications for aid in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
>Oil and gas workers are reboarding offshore platforms and rigs in the Gulf of Mexico to assess damages after Tropical Storm Harvey.
Addicks Reservoir Levels Monitoring
>Harris County
harriscountyfws.org/GageDetail/Index/2110
>USGS
waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?cb_all_=on&cb_00054=on&cb_62615=on&cb_62615=on&format=gif_stats&site_no=08073000&period=&begin_date=2017-08-21&end_date=2017-08-29

>Real Time Info on Rain and Water Levels
harriscountyfws.org/
>NOAA flood gauges
water.weather.gov/ahps/
>National Weather Service Houston:
weather.gov/hgx/
>Storm Visualization:
windy.com/
>Houston Transtar - road cameras:
traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/#

Local MSM Streams
>KHOU 11 Live Stream – Alternate Studio Up
youtube.com/watch?v=9MsaR5ckkmc
>Houston Flooding - Fox 26 Local News Live
youtube.com/watch?v=eo2T8ZljEBY
>KFDM Southeast Texas Channel 6 Live
kfdm.com/live
>Texas Search & Rescue Zello Live
youtube.com/watch?v=E12D6T06uF8

Comfy
>The Weather Channel - Music from Local Forcasts in the 1980s-1990s
twcclassics.com/audio/years.html

Other urls found in this thread:

harriscountyfws.org/GageDetail/Index/2110
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_of_1862
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple_Express
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

patiently waiting to see where Irma's headed

Here's one possibility.

looking more southern all the time

NYC>DC>Norfolk>North Carolina

holy shit

/AHSG/ threads are fucking cancer and need to die. Stop posting this fucking garbage please.

If one of the lowest pressure storms ever hits my hometown I will be very sad :C

I hope you die in a horrible fire.

sorry user... they are my favorite thread on all of Sup Forums... and are only relevant for about 2 months out of the year.

Landfall in Wilmington, Cat 5.

Is that the strongest landfall ever?

Charlotte BTFO

pls no...

I dont want my home to be kill.
Not ever, but one of the strongest ever.

It could rival Camille or even Labor Day 1935, yes.

thank you, meteorology anons

3rd lowest pressure ever not sure about at landfall though

STOP MEMEING IRMA YOU SHITS I DON'T WANT TO DIE

This is OC made with Grib data... doesn't look good anons...

No problem, next Euro run soon, which will be interesting. Remember this is all long range as fuck, so it could go OTS or even in the Gulf.

If it goes for the kill on houston I don't think I can think of a more kekworthy thing.

The frame prior was 890mb, Labor Day was 892.

>teleports behind you

A 891 landfall would be the strongest ever.

Nothing personal, America.

PLEASE JUST LET IT HIT NEWENGLAD, PLEASE IRMA TAKE ME, IM READDYY!!!

I'm currently making a new animation with updated data. That one I just posted was about 6 hours old, it's already changed a bit.

Give me 5 mins.

b-but... why aren't all of those from 2000-onward? My teacher says global warming is making strong storms the "new normal"

im betting it'll be nothing, or just caribbean disaster at best. most hurricanes that form next to cabo verde islands dont make us landfall

kek

>rolling...

I was fucking around yesterday hoping it would hit the bay, right where I live. I'm not into that idea anymore. I live in a 115 year old Victorian home on the Shore, don't think she can handle too many more storms like that.

Rolling for massive hurricane with landfall

Certainly possible.

Euro still has it turning back out to sea

The calm before the storm...

Do you feel it anons?

New updated animation with the latest data.

Keep in mind this is an early prediction based simply on data, and it's probably gonna change.

This is horrifying if the data is correct though.

Btw if anyone has any requests I can do precipitation estimates, max gusts, etc as well.

there's a small chance that it'll be one of those that go all the way from cabo verde to the US. hurricanes that do that though are always pretty bad

This pleases me

Irma and Jose will get married and double-end Florida.

it's a really small chance for it to hit florida. better chances on states further north

RIP USA

Guys, I live in eastern SC.
Should I be worried?

Come on hit florida we need this matthew was a disappointment

THE ENTIRE EAST COAST IS GONNA FUCKIN DIE THIS IS THE STORM OF THE CENTURY U HERD IT HERE FIRST M8.

IVE LITERALLY NEVER SEEN PEOPLE UNDER REACTING THIS MUCH!

Have you guys seen the models. This storm is gonna hit the entire east coast at once, level every single coastal city, and then destroy DC.

This is the end anons.

Wait until 3-5 days until landfall and look at the NHC's track, then if it comes near you, be worried.

You are pretty much screwed user, cat 5 impact

at the very least you'll get the brunt of outer bands

You can freak out in 5 days if the track remains the same.

Well I guess I'll at least livestream it

>That absolutely enormous mass of isobar rings
Whatever Irma hits is going to get fucked over.

It would not be a bad idea to stock up on nonperishable supplies and have a plan in place in case you need to GTFO though.

better get to the upstate quick like fellow sc user

It's like the whole thing is a giant eyewall...

I'm hopeful for fl too brother. I wanna get off work for a few days.

digits say usa is about to get I R M A ' D

>tfw chaos god you awakened cringes at your torcch parade and no longer favours u

I should be alright. My house is on top of a hill and is quite sturdy. I just worry about running out of food and water

is this the hurricane that crashes the stock market?

Shouldn't we be heading west?

I wouldn't worry yet, but I'd suggest figuring out your evacuation/holdout plan before everybody else can realize they need to worry. Keep your gas tank topped off and review your property for hazards--precarious limbs, dead/sick-looking trees, overgrowth that may clog ditches. Consider now where and with whom you would stay in the event of evacuation. Have a bug-out bag prepared in case of a sudden, late change in trajectory.

>Addicks Reservoir Levels Monitoring
>>Harris County
>harriscountyfws.org/GageDetail/Index/2110
>>USGS

To any fags that were following the Addicks Dam during the Harvey Happening, how close did that dam get to breaking? It was 1 foot over the lowest section of the dam for a while, and its finally gone back down. Do you think one more day of rain, or even one more shower, and that would have been it? Houston would have a 30 foot wall of water traveling through the heart of the city?

How close was Houston to being fucked?

Yea

recorded, older hurricanes are suspected to of been super hurricanes that had low 800s

Yes. No storm surge, lower effects from wind, but probably more chance of flooding as it dumps water at elevation. Where would you head?

Maybe Greenwood, Greenville?

I guess once Irma hits DC, they'll need to drain the swamp.

holy fuck i live in VA beach, I am going to church tomorrow to pray this does not happen.

South Carolina checking in. Give it to me straight lads, how bad is Irma gonna be for me?

THE BEAR WILL LEAVE ITS CAGE FOREVER!!

Also it's good for me since I got short positions on all my stocks.

we gonna die

The only elevated chance of disaster is hitting houston again. Otherwise this will just be another average hurricane season with a small chance of disaster spread across the Coastal East US. Just don't get your hopes up.

Hypothesizing on weather is a pain. It goes very slowly and predictions are usually wrong. That's what we saw in the Oroville Dam threads. On the west coast there are rare "atmospheric rivers" bring a ton of rain. They're rare, they're destructive, but they're essential for building up snowpack.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_of_1862
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple_Express

Pretty damn close. Luckily, I wasn't effected here in my comfy Katy suburb, but I know people who live south of the Addicks Reservoir and they are having their houses condemned.

Urban sprawl must be stopped

digits confirm direct hit on Houston...

The models have it all wrong.

Silicon Valley is the new Standard Oil.

Trump knows this. How and when does he bust these fuckers up?

wrong thread my b

lol, bend that frog ass over and I'll show ya!

yep that's it.

bear market

god damn that makes sense.

I live 10 minutes from the beach, just when my life was going back and track and we fixed the door/window/walls JUST to have it destroyed huh...

Standard Oil actually literally did nothing wrong from my research. Just offered lower prices than anyone. Silicon Valley OTOH is fucking us w/the censorship.

I guess. I'm near Florence, fuckkkkkk. Parents picked the worse time to go on vacation. I'd have to drive alone.

Damn... this is deep, yo

Nice to see someone else from the Florence area

kek, we're all watching NK threads too user.

I don't know SC too well, but Greenwood was nice for a small town. Probably cheaper hotels and gas than Greenwood or Columbia.

I would seriously consider moving to either Texas or California.

Nah, we have hundreds coming from every community in Texas with supplies and people are turned back because so many people are turning up to help. The jew insurance companies and property owners are the only ones who want to FEMA. You know this

Become the new Carlos

it.. it just keeps growing..

It's gonna slam against porto rico, btfo dominigger republic along with haiti, shave cuba and then slam in wallstreet a cat 10 monster.

Shame Wilmington might get fucked. Such beautiful waters there compared to some shithole that should get fucked like Myrtle Beach.

that's what your mom said about my dick lmao

what have you done

>global warming shills pick all the southerly models

>realists pick the average

fuck you faggots. one model (HWRF) shows irma skirting the bahamas, most others show it much further north, and the CLP5 shows it curling out into the atlantic.

fuck all you obama niggerlovers that are trying to push global warming. this irma bitch aint hittin the US. screencap.

Too bad it's under these circumstances.

I guess Greenwood would be good.

>Sovereign countries don't receive emergency aid from other foreign countries
Deeply stupid

You know I kind of wish it fucking happened. I live right on Buffalo Bayou. When I found out I lived a mile away from the Addicks and Barker I bailed the fuck out of there. My family thought I was fucking acting borderline mentally ill for moving all of our shit out, and they still do. The reservoirs are on wide open and the water has gotten damn close to my apartment, but hasn't gone inside. My family still thinks I was stupid for doing that.

"The Army Corps of Engineers are on it, user. You think the smartest minds can't figure out how to handle water? Gosh, you have no faith..."

When I remind them about what happened at Oroville they use that as proof that the engineers know what they're doing, instead of proof that shit can get out of hand. I can't fucking handle all this retarded normieness anymore. I love my family but I think only something like a 30 foot wall of water crashing through downtown Houston can wake them the fuck up.

so this is the australian shitposting ive heard so much about?
how many inches you got chang? 1.5? 2?
fucking buttblasted chinks

>lives in va beach
>goes to church

story checks out

I like big strong spinning wheels of death, that is all.

>people are donating millions
>regular citizens were teaming up and helping out neighbors and random strangers themselves
This disaster made me realize that we don't even need our government for most things.

not an argument
doesn't change the fact that AHSG threads are cancer and that you have to go back.

>wilmington on 9/11

well then rip in piece wilmington city, university, and cape fear cc. It was nice attending for 3 years and now my program will be cancelled and our house will gone as well.

yeah those people in the path of addicks outflow practically have permanent flooding. fucking month long stagnant sewage water.