If God exists then how come bad things happen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nyXtHeHNldE
youtu.be/aBFs1vrbBEE
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz48pnTHb5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because God masturbates to our misery. You ever play the sims? Zoo Tycoon? We're all sadistic fucks, even the Big G.

Because God is great.

Great
adjective
of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average.
of ability, quality, or eminence considerably above the normal or average.

Not good. Not bad. Great.
Get it? Got it? Good.

"According to Christian theology, God offered to our first parents more than what was “owed” to us given our nature. In particular, he offered Adam and Eve the beatific vision – a direct, “face to face” knowledge of the divine essence which far transcends the very limited knowledge of God we can have through natural reason, and which would entail unsurpassable bliss of a kind we could never attain given our natural powers. He also offered special helps that would deliver us from the limitations of our natures – that would free us from the ignorance and error our intellectual limitations open the door to, the moral errors our weak wills lead us into, the sicknesses and injuries our bodily limitations make possible, and so forth. By definition, none of this was “owed” to us, precisely because it is supernatural, that is, above or beyond what our nature required us to have. Hence while God cannot fail to will for us what is good for us given our nature, He would have done us no wrong in refraining from offering these supernatural gifts to us, precisely because they go beyond what our nature requires for our fulfillment. Still, He offered them to us anyway. But this offer was conditional. The penalty for Adam's rebellion was the loss of the supernatural gifts they had been given and that their descendants would have been given, and a fall back into their merely natural state, with all its limitations. In particular, it was a loss of all the helps that would effectively have removed those limitations -- and worst of all, loss of the beatific vision. In short, the penalty of original sin was a privation, not a positive harm inflicted on human beings but rather the absence of a benefit they never had a right to or strict need for in the first place but would have received anyway had they not disobeyed."

>how come bad things happen
like you starting this thread.

Because he's not there to hold our hands and do everything for us
We fucked up, we have to deal with it

weird. I can tell from your post that you are almost certainly an insufferable religious nut, but I think you are also dead on right. I simultaneously believe in godliness and nothingness (like a modern zoroastrian) and have had long debates with atheists and zealots alike, but it is so dang refreshing hearing someone NOT apologize for believing in a god that is a bit callous,

props to you, intellectually honest, and likely a strong-backed person. good on ya.'

who wants to be good when you could be great?

>I'm so caught up on this one time when my sunday school teacher told me that god is all good that I can't understand religion

cause whats the point of needing god if life is perfect you fucking cuck

>same logic of anti-white SJW's

we fucked up! we gotta do something about it! self-flagellation is only half cool, gotta be able to see your transcendance, too, brev

Because people choose to shit on everything that is good and holy

Coz gods don't exist. Always remember to use the plural form of the word. Never miss an opportunity to remind christfags that their little god is just one of thousands

Repent for your sins.
youtube.com/watch?v=nyXtHeHNldE

God isn't bad, you just chose the difficult level in the latest release of SimuLife. At least your gameplay will be over in 0.0053s.

t. not atheist BUT

your logic:
>god created life bad so that we would need him?
>god is an abusive boyfriend?

nice fedora

Are you trolling or are you really curious to know? I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you if you're just trolling.

>Because he's not there

FTFY

Because god gave us free will

The real question is why do innocent people die. Shouldn't it be the more you sin the more bad things happen to you?

how would you differentiate between good and bad if there was no bad? your question is something i thought about when i was like 12 years old.

>*an amalgam of all little gods

or at least most of them. I for one, LOVE christianities pagan elements

god is a jealous god hes very similar to us we're made in his image

because god gets a hard on when humans are fucking assholes to each other, its his kink.

So that you can accept him and be saved despite the fact that bad things happen. Struggle draws out strenght and growth.

Not all people are deserving of God's kingdom. It's all a test to separate those who are worthy and who are not.

i respect your honesty, forreal

How can good things happen if no bad things happen? If there is no pain or suffering there would be no mercy and joy.

If you ever find some evidence for your favourite god, you will be able to talk about that, instead of hats. Then you will appear less retarded.

God is nothing more than the personification of reality, its construction and creation itself. God is amoral to human morality. Those who are successful are in God's good graces and those who are not - aren't.

Read the fucking catechism for all your basic bitch answers.

So there's a holy God like us that made us

Who made God?

>how come bad things happen
Jews that's why.

Which god?

this thread is just proving that we all are more naturally Zoroastrians than anything else

ourbourous is the real creator, BITCH. THE WORLD IS FULL OF APPARENT POLAR OPPOSITES, YIN-YANGS, BUT ONLY THE SYNTHESIS OF SEEMINGLY OPPOSED TRUTHS IS ANYWHERE NEAR APPROXIMATING WHAT//WHO GOD IS

Good question, So I'll answer the thread then.

Was pain, suffering, evil all part of God's plan? No, it wasn't. So why did he allow it. For two simple reasons: Sovereignty and Integrity.

>Sovereignty

When the snake(Satan) approached Eve again he told her that God was lying and that she WOULD NOT DIE if she ate the fruit. That she would know good and evil and become like God herself. That's why Satan's name is Satan the Devil. It's not his real name. Nobody knows his real name. Satan means "Slanderer" and Devil means Rebel. He was the first to lie, the first to slander and blasphem God, and the first to rebel. Why did Satan want Adam, Eve, and himself to rebel? Because of Sovereignty. The right to rule. Satan STOLE God's sovereignty over humanity by tricking Adam and Eve that THEY would be their own sovereigns themselves by knowing good and evil and "become like God." They would govern themselves and decide their own moral code. God could have destroyed the rebels but he chose not to so they could present their challenge.

>Can man rule himself and give himself paradise given time?
>Can Satan rule mankind and be their God instead of Jehovah?
>Can man bring himself into prosperity, peace, order, and happiness by himself?

These were all challenges to God's sovereignty. So God stepped back, let mankind rule themselves, while the devil secretly ruled them. God's challenge to them and all currently mankind is "prove it."

CONTINUED

The Bogdanoffs.

Please don't ask that question. It troubles the religiotards.

The one that created us.

this is irrefutable.

>New atheism

I hate defending Christians because I am not even one. I am a Theist.

>Integrity

>(Job 1:8) And Jehovah went on to say to Satan: “Have you set your heart upon my servant Job, that there is no one like him in the earth, a man blameless and upright, fearing God and turning aside from bad?”

>(Job 1:9-11) At that Satan answered Jehovah and said: “IS IT FOR NOTHING JOB HAS FEARED GOD?" 10Have not you yourself put up a hedge about him and about his house and about everything that he has all around? The work of his hands you have blessed, and his livestock itself has spread abroad in the earth. 11But, for a change, thrust out your hand, please, and touch everything he has [and see] whether he will not curse you to your very face.”

>(Job 2:4,5) But Satan answered Jehovah and said: “Skin in behalf of skin, and everything that a man has he will give in behalf of his soul. 5) For a change, thrust out your hand, please, and touch as far as his bone and his flesh [and see] whether he will not curse you to your very face.”

After Adam Eve, Cain Abel, Noah Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah and RIGHT BEFORE the rise of Moses and the 10 Plagues was the issue of Job. At the time JOB WAS THE ONLY GOD APPROVED PERSON ON EARTH. That's right, nobody was good on Earth except Job. Satan noticed that for a while there always continued to be humans loyal to God and wondered why. He reasoned up above that it was because God was bribing them with rewards, pleasures, and nice things. That humans were only loyal to God for rewards and not for sincere love of him. Satan challenged God in from of the angels to "thrust out your hand" and "hurt" him. Deny him all good things and watch as how Job turns against him. "Skin on behalf of skin" means that a man will throw away all of God's moral standards to save their own life. So God has allowed Satan to inflict pain and suffering on humanity to prove that humans will be loyal to God IN RETURN FOR NOTHING.

Because of FREE WILL, its a major thing. Learn about it. God aint a micromanaging communist

Evil needs to balance against good and vice versa.

>god is a jealous god hes very similar to us we're made in his image
It's the other way round. God is created in our image.
Even worse - think a bit who exactly created OT God according to THEIR image.

People have been talking about the first cause since before Plato and Aristotle, yet you fedora tipping neckbeards on Sup Forums still fail to grasp the concept.

evil is a privation

Which one is that? Surely you are aware that many thousands of gods have been fabricated. Which one do you barrack for?

he loves us so much that he lets us hate him if we need to

>god is the batman

>god created the devil because symmetry
>god is aesthetic as fuck

I remember being 14 once

It's cute that you thought that pic was worth saving, and a little sad that you thought it worthy of re-posting.

youtu.be/aBFs1vrbBEE

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Father, send now Your Spirit over the earth. Let the Holy Spirit live in the hearts of all nations, that they may be preserved from degeneration, disaster and war. May the Lady of All Nations, who once was Mary, be our Advocate. Amen."

>(Isaiah 44:6) “This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, ‘I am the first and I am the last, and besides me there is no God.

>(Revelation 1:8) “I am the Al′pha and the O·me′ga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

>(Revelation 21:6) And he said to me: “They have come to pass! I am the Al′pha and the O·me′ga, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free.

>(Psalm 90:2) ... Even from time indefinite to time indefinite you are God.

>(Jeremiah 10:10) But Jehovah is in truth God. He is the living God and the King to time indefinite.

PAY ATTENTION HERE

>(1 Kings 8:27) “But will God truly dwell upon the earth? Look! The heavens, yes, the heaven of the heavens, themselves cannot contain you; how much less, then, this house that I have built!

PAY ATTENTION HERE

>(Deuteronomy 10:14) Behold, to Jehovah your God belong the heavens, EVEN THE HEAVENS OF THE HEAVENS, the earth and all that is in it.

The first set up above describe God in an INFINITE EXISTENCE beyond all time and space. That's why God is the beginning and the end. The second part describes God as being bigger than the universe itself. The third is describing different dimensions of existence. That's why heaven has its own heaven. It's describing different dimensions. God is bigger than the entire universe but also probably the multi-verse and all dimensions. He is infinity itself. God has no beginning and no end. He has no limitations and extends into forever/eternity/infinity.

Why doesn't God just show himself, if he wants us to worship him so we could go to heaven? If the Christian religion turns out to be true, than the majority of humanity will be damned just because their culture had other religions. Even more people will be damned if it turns out that God only likes a specific sect of Christianity.

We live in Satans domain, therefore we must believe in God so that when we die, we can be with him in heaven and in the 1000 year kingdom of peace

None. I have however noted the success of the Christian religion, which is mostly due to the philosophy of Christ. The perfect philosophy for a docile (and modern) civilization.

When your position makes sense, and it won't, you will be able to let go of words like fedora and neckbeard. You are forced to resort to name-calling because you have nothing else.

Do you ever wonder about the impotence of a god whose supporters can do no more than name-call to support him?

No need to.continue your post. You've already lost

If God indeed stepped back and let humanity rule itself then he's an asshole because humanity for the most part sucks ass. All we do is kill each other and bitch and complain about things.

What would be sweet is if God flooded the earth again or every person killed themselves tomorrow. We would do God a favor.

>Why doesn't God just show himself, if he wants us to worship him so we could go to heaven?

People that don't want to worship God would just say it was a hallucination and continue sinning.

>If the Christian religion turns out to be true, than the majority of humanity will be damned just because their culture had other religions.

Jesus' sacrifice is retroactive depending on if you have heard of him or not and how you reacted to God's light in your life.

>1 post by this ID
You chucklefucks have any idea what the subject of this image board is?

Hard not to name call when you can't even google first cause.

If God is real why hasn't he dropped a billion dollar check from the sky right into my lap? Checkmate, conservitards.

Try being successful, it could happen!

Again, no reasoning. Can you work out why you are unable to use logical reasoning to support your favourite god?

Can someone please neck this bogan retard?

>Why doesn't God just show himself,
Because of this:

>>(Exodus 33:20) And he added: “You are not able to see my face, because no man may see me and yet live.”

Because of this He's bigger than the entire universe, all multi-verses, and dimensions.

You can't see God not because he is invisible but because he is infinite raw power. Exposing yourself to him just to see him would kill you. So God is bigger than the entire universe, beyond all quantum levels of existence, infinity itself, and seeing him will kill you.

He has only shown his presence and voice through angels.

>if he wants us to worship him so we could go to heaven?

Because of these two issuesHe's going to allow mankind to "pretend" he doesn't exist long enough for the issues of sovereignty and integrity to be answered forever. According to Satan, man doesn't need God to prosper. So God stepped back and told Adam, Eve, and Satan "prove it." Him not revealing his presence is for that. He has left a lot of evidence of his existence and interaction with mankind through science, nature, history, archeology and the Bible.

Understand that when atheists see scripture, they scroll to the next post. I am taking the time to help you understand this. I did not read your post.

For God gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. Matthew 5:45

Hide and sage slide threads. Every serious theologian ever has answered this question both simply and in extreme detail

Saged

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, yet we exist, this troubles the atheistards

>Why doesn't God just show himself

It's difficult to show yourself when you don't exist.

>If God exists then how come bad things happen
Free will. God isn't a babysitter.

>People that don't want to worship God would just say it was a hallucination and continue sinning.

But if everyone saw God, than people will know for sure that he exists, and way more people will go to heaven. I'm not saying that he should come down and fix all our problems or anything, just a confirmation of his existence would be nice. I'm agnostic, but I wouldn't mind being religious if there was concrete evidence of a religion being true.

he's also an asshole

If you are wedded to first cause, then your next task is to ask yourself which of the many, many claimed creator gods is the correct one. Each one of them comes with the same amount of supporting evidence as your favourite god.

That amount is zero.

What you SHOULD be asking: "Why does God allow mankind to exist and thrive when we all deserve to die?"

www.needgod.com

>hi everybody I'm 12 years old

>god helps those who help themselves
Uhuh, so I actually dont need his help then? k.

because humans see things in a smaller perspective than god.

god didn't create bad or good things, god create everything, good, bad, ugly, absurd, anything, humans the one who label them as good or bad depending on how the thing affects them.

elites know that bad things stop existing the moment you enter god's mind, they just can't let you do that.

get some ancient mind altering native stuffs, meditate, grab a grimoire/bible/holy book/whatever, grab the forbidden steering wheel, there's a red pill there.

> god
> literally a jew

why do you think, goyim?

I think I have an idea.

>If God indeed stepped back and let humanity rule itself then he's an asshole because humanity for the most part sucks ass. All we do is kill each other and bitch and complain about things.

Agreed, however you judge God from a limited human POV. What you fail to realize is that all that damage from the beginning until now is completely reversible. Even death itself. You can also bring up the fact that innocent people through all time have died injustly as well. So what is God's solution?

>(Acts 24:15) and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

>(John 5:29) and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

>(1 Corinthians 15:26) As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing.

>(John 5:28) Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice

>(Isaiah 26:19) “Your dead ones will live. A corpse of mine—they will rise up. Awake and cry out joyfully, YOU residents in the dust! For your dew is as the dew of mallows, and the earth itself will let even those impotent in death drop [in birth].

>(Daniel 12:2) And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches [and] to indefinitely lasting abhorrence.

All those who have died in the ancient world up to now who God sees potential for good will be brought back to life and be given another chance to live on earth forever after Armageddon.

>implying god is good
>implying god gives a shit if we suffer or not

Agreed that's why I'm hoping on the 23rd good reveals himself in an actual way that hard to dispute. Of course there would still be people that deny it but that group would be very small and cast out of society if the proof was undeniable. God should just flood the earth again. Cmon pussy do it

Christianity is Only from Stolen Paganism, Jesus is not real
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz48pnTHb5Q

Plenty of atheists from Hitchens to Dawkins and everyone in between has said that if God came down to heaven right now they would be more inclined to believe it was a hallucination then that it actually happened. People that do not want God would not believe the evidence if it hit them in the face.

No it isn't. Deism/Agnosticism is a reasonable step. Being atheist, however, is idiotic. History, prophecy, logic and experience favorites monotheism, specifically Jesus of Nazareth though.

That student m? His name was Albert Einstein

We are humble and honest enough to acknowledge that there are things we don't yet understand. The alternative is to make shit up, ie, religion.

>God holds responsibility for worthless maggots and should guide us holding our hands 24/7 because thats why he gave us free will.

That god is the evil one sending all those bad things, duh.

You know that's absolute bullshit?

because of the fags

Then just read these two:

Corinthians 1:27,28 - but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put the strong things to shame 28 and God chose the ignoble things of the world and the things looked down upon, the things that are not, that he might bring to nothing the things that are, 29 in order that no flesh might boast in the sight of God.

>>Luke 10:21 - In that very hour he became overjoyed in the holy spirit and said: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have carefully hidden these things from wise and intellectual ones, and have revealed them to babes

Free will.

>the Jews crucified his son and now he enjoys watching us suffer for eternity under Satan.

>No it isn't. Deism/Agnosticism is a reasonable step. Being atheist, however, is idiotic.

Agnostics are atheists. If your education had progressed further, you would know this.

>History, prophecy, logic and experience favorites monotheism, specifically Jesus of Nazareth though.

pic related

We lie. All of the evil in the world comes from that simple fact that people lie.

God is good but those who don't give a shit about God and his words have to deal with the devil.

And then go around whining how God doesn't exist becouse life so hard

pathetic