HAPPENING!!!!

North Korea's announcement. Is that a map of the USA with a giant hole in the middle?

Nuked Yellowstone?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_Lake
sciencefocus.com/qa/what-would-happen-if-you-dropped-bomb-volcano
iflscience.com/environment/what-would-happen-if-you-dropped-bomb-volcano/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory#
8ch
youtu.be/BUREX8aFbMs
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ys7uPivBLg&ab_channel=WORDENVISION420
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's Heaven Lake

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_Lake

interesting they show a volcano creator in the background of their news broadcast

retard

The fuck is she wearing

Chain reaction based Koreans

US is going down

A korean kimono.

>NK nukes yellowstone
>causes massive eruption, bigger than what Yellowstone would dish out when its due to erupt
>NK gets Nuked to the ground by America
>Korean stigma comes from the war
>murica crippled
>new korean sea host to radioactive abominations
Wew lad

Isnt The yellowstone supervolcano a world destroyer?

>there are Sup Forumsacks that support these communist gooks

plot twist: best korea wins its war with the US

>there are newfags who hate the Best Korea
Have a shekel, shabbos goy.

A nuke would not activate Yellowstone.
Yes and No.
Most people seem to think the damage will stay around USA and maybe cause worldwide winter for 2-3 years.
Others think it will be worldwide event.
We really have no idea how much damage will be done.

For the most part, yes. The worst of it would happen in America though. For starters the volcanic activity would reduce multiple states around the volcano to ash fields, and anyone who hasnt evacuated from at least a 10000 mile vicinity would be killed either the molten rock hitting houses, or by a form of influenza, but instead of water filling the lungs its ash. The seismic activity would cause multiple cities as far away as New York to crumble from the sheer magnitude of the eruption.

So TL;DR, Yes

french digits, digits of truth

you must to be new here

>protip: north Korea best Korea

let's find out

Come on

KeK make the Yellowstone blow

The only thing that would happen if you dropped a nuclear bomb into a volcano is the nuke would burn.

They would need something better than a puny one megaton bomb to achieve that, fuck off gooks get real

You don't know how nukes work. They don't hit the ground.

I can feel the power

this

This volcano is an imporant part of NKs history , its almost a religouse thing, Kim jung uns grandfather or so was born near the volcano, (similar to the volcano gods in other volcano based mythologies) its common for communistic ideologies to parasite such religouse themes.

thanks satan

Baekdu San, the home of the mythical Tangun, founder of the Korean race and also birthplace of Kim Jong-Il.

makes you wonder

why dont north korea target yellowstone? they could doom america in one blow

>10000 mile vicinity
so half of the world?

Google it you utter mong. I happen to know this because I find supervolcanoes fascinating and it's something I've pondered before, so I looked it up, and if you bothered to do the same you wouldn't have even wasted your time pressing the reply box and typing in a load of horseshit to me. A nuclear bomb has absolutely no potential to set off a volcanic eruption. If you're so fucking lazy you can't look this up, here's the top 2 results.

Both of these quote US military studies too.

sciencefocus.com/qa/what-would-happen-if-you-dropped-bomb-volcano

iflscience.com/environment/what-would-happen-if-you-dropped-bomb-volcano/

It's also worth noting every nuclear bomb in existence, if detonated all at once, would produce the energy of a ""medium"" sized eruption. I think the equivalent was to the eruption of Mount Vesuvius 26,000 years ago. The volcano that took out pompeii but not that specific eruption.

my jizz in her hair

you waited for that post number to come while you kept updating the page and then as soon at it hit 665 you posted as fast as you culd hoping you would get it

Is this supposed to scare us? Nuking the USA is suicide. Kim would have to be truly insane to do it.

>We really have no idea how much damage will be done.
Well you can look at supervolcanic eruptions in the past. The Toba catastrophe is a good comparison to the potential a supervolcanic eruption good hold. It's very interesting too.

>The Toba catastrophe theory holds that this event caused a global volcanic winter of 6–10 years and possibly a 1,000-year-long cooling episode

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory#

Hey idiots: North Korea also sits on a supervolcano called Mt. Paektu. It already blew up a long time ago and left a big crater with a lake in it, which is what you are seeing in the picture. It's a holy site for North Koreans.

It's supposed to blow up again as well so basically nuking NK might start it just like Yellowstone.

could hold&

Wearing pink at that age is deserving to shot in the head.

Oh d-d-d-dear...

yea and the volcano in OPs picture is that volcano. its probably the backdrop of the news since forever, since its important for them. OP is a faggot as usual

Yellowstone is a global extinction event, not just America

>It's supposed to blow up again as well so basically nuking NK might start it just like Yellowstone.
A nuke can't do that.

Warmongering propaganda everywhere!

Those are hypothetical. Bombs don't hit the ground. If they nuked yellowstone the bomb would detonate long before it reaches the volcano. It's called an airburst. I'm not reading your shitty articles, or even your shitty post. Because that's not how nukes work, and I'm not entertaining your lack of knowledge for funsies.

>le best cora XDDD
You must be 18 to post here.

in the words of hilldawg "cant we just drone him"

NK needs to be replaced and let it become whole with SK again free all those fucking people stuck in the 1950s and bring em onpar with the rest of the asian peninsulas - such a fucking nobrainer.

Oh shit nigger what have you done

Shhhh don't tell Sup Forums.

PRAISE HIM !!!

+

8ch net/pol/

UNDO UNDO UNDO

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

The Indonesian eruption wiped out something like 80% of all species alive at that time.

>Rare but extremely large explosive supereruptions lead to the catastrophic formation of huge calderas, devastation of substantial regions by pyroclastic flow deposits, and ash falls that cover continent-sized areas. The effects of future supereruptions will be felt globally or at least by a whole hemisphere. The most widespread effects are likely to derive from the volcanic gases released, particularly sulfur gases that are converted into sulfuric acid aerosols in the stratosphere. These will remain for several years, promoting changes in atmospheric circulation and causing surface temperatures to fall dramatically in many regions, bringing about temporary reductions in light levels and producing severe and unseasonable weather ('volcanic winter'). Major disruptions to global societal infrastructure can be expected for periods of months to years, and the cost to global financial markets will be high and sustained.

>I'm not reading your shitty articles, or even your shitty post.
How the fuck can you even say that in relation to the rest of your post? It sums up what sort of intellect I'm dealing with. They aren't my articles, they're studies from the US military you massive faggot.

Go Kimmy!

I didn't mean "your articles" as in you wrote them. As in "your articles that you posted." come on Ahmed, English isn't that hard.

I give my power to you, KeK

the day of the grill is upon us

Sup Forums has about two posts per a second, so waiting until 665 is not gonna work. But you are right that with a bit of luck, you can predict your post number.

The angry yelps of the non believers

NORK with the bants. Nice!

Why doesn't Japan just unleash godzilla??

If English isn't so hard then read a few paragraphs about why a nuclear bomb has absolutely no potential to trigger a volcanic eruption instead of changing the subject because you have nothing. The biggest eruptions recorded in the history of the world (Mega-Colossal) which were Yellowstone 640,000 BC, Toba 74,00 BC and Taupo 24,500 BC, Toba specifically, released over 100,000x more megatons of TNT than every nuclear bomb in the world is capable of. Your entire point was centered on changing the subject to how a nuclear bomb is detonated versus what would happen if you attempted to set off a volcanic eruption with a nuclear bomb (which is nothing).

what about h-bombs

Why not? I live down under lol nice get on this tough Hmm ok.
I personally want a Comet to hit earth causing all volcanoes to erupt.

You're probably better off asking the guy who thinks he's an expert on nuclear bombs, but I can say with a 100% guarantee, a hydrogen bomb wouldn't produce a fraction of what Yellowstone will (and has) produced, or any supervolcanic eruption.

>I personally want a Comet to hit earth causing all volcanoes to erupt.
Lel that might work. I couldn't attest to it.

youtu.be/BUREX8aFbMs

Look at that fucking Shockwave
Scary

Scary as fuck, and the fact these are just tiny eruptions. Imagine an eruption with the power to fill North America with 10 inches of ash and trigger a global extinction event.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ys7uPivBLg&ab_channel=WORDENVISION420

You're seriously fucking retarded if you think a nuke would set off a volcano.

t. Geologist

PRAISE KEK

Obviously it won't do as much damage. But I'm wondering if it could set off yellowstone. I don't know much about any of that stuff but a 6.3 earthquake sounds like a lot

Oh, definitely not then. No hydrogen bomb (or just bomb) in existence, simply isn't powerful enough to reach the pressurized magma which is what triggers volcanic eruptions.

so democrats kill off the flyover states through their communist proxy in Asia

sounds about right

tell me more about fossil fuels and how that is a scientific term not a marketing term

crater you cretin

Oh no, not again

The term is more of a marketing term. While it is true that the "fossil fuels" come from organic matter compressed over hundreds of thousands of years (thus the term fossil), the term sometimes is used to make people think that because of how "fossil fuels" are made, it is not renewable, we should find alternatives, etc. And again, it is true it isn't readily renewable, however there is a lot more around than the common man thinks. In fact, the most recent discovery of large amounts of oil you might have heard about is sitting around Puerto Rico.

I think that is what you were looking to hear.