Obesity epidemic at new high, costs $150B a year

washingtonexaminer.com/obesity-epidemic-at-new-high-costs-150b-a-year-hurts-military-recruiting/article/2633193

>The 14th annual State of Obesity: Better Policies for a Healthier America report from the Trust for America's Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation bluntly reported that 70 percent of the nation is obese or overweight.

>And while the rate of obesity growth is leveling off, the costs aren't. The report, for example, said additional health care for obese adults and children is $150 billion a year and billions of dollars more in lost worker productivity.

>It is also costly to the military, said the report. Nearly one-quarter of military recruits are rejected because they are obese and it costs the Pentagon $1 billion a year in added health care costs for obese troops and their families.

>" 70 percent of today's youth are not fit to serve in the military due to obesity or being overweight, criminal records, drug misuse or educational deficits."

>It charts obesity in every state and found that West Virginia is at the top, with 37.7 percent obese. Colorado is at the bottom with 22 percent obese.

>Nine of the 11 states with the highest obesity rates are in the South and 23 of the 25 states with the highest rates of obesity are in the South and Midwest.
>Adult obesity rates have striking racial and ethnic inequities - with rates above 40 percent for blacks in 15 states, and rates at or above 35 percent among Latinos in nine states, compared with rates above 35 percent among whites in one state.
>Obesity rates are around 30 percent higher among adults without a college education and with incomes below $15,000 compared with other adults.

newobserveronline.com/2017/09/american-obesity-by-race-american.html
>American Obesity By Race: American Indians 70%, Blacks 48%, Latinos 42%, Whites, 36%, Asians 12%

How do we stop WALL-E from becoming a reality?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/mexico-takes-title-of-most-obese-from-america/
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/07/10/banned-foods.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do we stop WALL-E from becoming a reality?

Make the case that it is more ethical to let poor people suffer through mild hunger than it is to feed them shit food until they get diabetes and other health issues.

GAS THE FATTIES

WEIGHT WAR NOW

le free market will fix this

well it kinda would if the government quit giving food stamps to the poorest people

Reminder we need to attack this at the supply side

Wouldn't fix stupid and gluttonous people who have so much money that they use it to overeat, or too little money so they use it on junk food and other shit that has little nutritive value.

Wouldn't stop companies from pumping their products full of garbage that makes you fat and that people still end up buying because of convenience or artificial tastes.

We need to tackle childhood obesity. Obesity in childhood almost always carries into adulthood, so tackling this as soon as possible has to be the #1 priority. Their minds are still malleable and their bodies are still young, so it's the best time to do something about it.

1. Ban all child-targeted advertising of junk food, fast food, and soda.

2. Implement a tax on unnecessary added sugars and fats.

3. Make participation in at least one physical sport mandatory in public schools.

4. Teach things like bicycle riding, ice skating, swimming, ect in phys-ed.

5. Build public spaces for physical play: public pools, bike paths, parks, ect.

6. Force social media to limit time spent in app for people under 18.

7. Faraday cages/signal jammers around all public schools so no one can text.

8. Send social services after parents with morbidly obese children.

9. Require bicycle/pedestrian infrastructure connecting residential areas to schools.

If we even did half of these things we could solve the obesity epidemic. If we did ALL of these things there wouldn't be any obese children in America.

But we won't, because MUH FREEDUMBS

Stop eating grains.
There. Solved.

>additional healthcare costs 150b
lol, no. Being overweight is the cause of over half of our medical spending

Quit being a brainlet. There's nothing "pumped into food" to make you fat

Kill yourself, you fucking commie. All we have to do is not enable obesity. Cut medical benefits for fatties and the obesity rate will drop by half in a decade

I agree with 3,4,5 and 9. The reason i disagree with the others is we don't need to give any more responsibility to the goverment to raise children. Plus if you protect people from temptations but only for a short amount of time but not teach them the why and how to do it themselves you're gonna end up with exploding adolescent obesity when kids turn 18

A couple others:

- Bring back "fat-shaming" as the norm. It still works in Japan and worked well when it was more common in the past.

- Stamp down on fat acceptance/normalization propaganda

- Bring back the traditional family unit and all that goes with it. If they had good fathers teaching them, those kids wouldn't get fat, irresponsible and lazy in the first place.

- Get rid of atrazine and regulate other such chemicals

- Every year you get a physical and if you are found to be overweight you are required by law to go to weekly health seminars at your own expense and if you fail to show up you can be fined (I think this is the system they have in Japan, nice roundabout way of taxing fatties)

- Make gyms more accessible

- Get women off hormonal birth control. It fucks up their health in many ways and makes them fat

- Make good diets, and the amount of sugar food contains a lot more of a visible issue

- Cut obesity related healthcare significantly

- Make the Sup Forums front page redirect to /fit/

- Stop mass migration and miscegenation

cbsnews.com/news/mexico-takes-title-of-most-obese-from-america/

And deport beaners and niggers.

They shouldn't be there anyway but yes.

>dairyqueendailycaloricintake.png

This is a good thing.

if we stopped giving them free food and health care it would

That picture is fake, albiet the real thing is still extremely unhealthy. But there's nothing exogenous about its nutrition, it's just a big ass cookie milk shake

Americans put HFCS into everything (partly because of government subsidies) so everything tastes like shit but gives you an addictive mouth-feel and makes you fat as fuck.

Organic food and growing your own should also be encouraged like it used to.

Could make junk food more expensive and more nutritional things less expensive.

Didn't known it was fake got the real one?
But yes there is no "magic fat bullet" that they put in food however the amount of processed shit that goes into 90% of all foods even "healthy" ones makes it seems that there is.

Most people don't even know what nutritional food is.

HFCS is just kinda shitty sugar. It's not more addictive or more fattening. The only metabolic difference bretween HFCS and sucrose is that HFCS is 55% fructose instead of 50% so it provokes a marginally higher insulin response.

"processed shit" is not a thing. People are too fat because they eat too much fucking food. Another, much lesser problem is fiber deficiency from lack of vegetables

i was a fat all kid life turned adult started cooking almost every meal i eat switched from pasta to rice and boom become 1950's style skinny u all can do it too jus eat rice not pasta then cook what ever taste good to you try as many spices and combos as you can with as many vegetables with your choice of meat that u can find what u like and eat it and get healthy bitch!

>eating the grain jew
Goodest goy.

I just got rosetta stone for hebrew lvl1 and 2 so I am trying here.

I'm willing to talk about it more if y'all want but this is epidemic has been engineered by ((them)) for many years. They pushed anti-fat and pro-carbs and it fucking destroyed America.

WELL it takes a while to kick out every spic

Right so explain to me how we get white sugar. And then how they sweeten soda. Because to get soda, they have to refine and refine and refine sugar down into what is essentially extract so it's very sweet but also concentrated so when you're drinking a 20oz drink you're getting a fuckload of sugar.

Which Rosetta Stone program do I need to download to understand what the fuck you're writing?

Of course it's a fuckload of sugar. But you know precisely how fucking much. That they concentrated it is irrelevant to how much there is

I suppose we could, instead, have classes in public about resisting temptation, fighting peer pressure, and decoding propaganda. Exercises to build willpower, critical thinking workshops, dissection of advertising techniques, those sorts of things. Gen X parents don't actually know shit about this because they were raised by the television, so it has to be a public school effort.

Actually, that seems like a really fucking good idea in general beyond fighting obesity.

Surely not (((buying))) the (((Rosetta Stone))) products. Surely. You at least "received it as a gift". Right?

If you pay hundreds of dollars for what is just a set of flashcards you're really not being careful, akh.

This guy understands.

There is the WIC program, free food for pregnant women, and the baby when it's born.

Very regulated, only certain foods of high nutritional value are allowed. There's a list, it's your pick of those.

They could and should do a similar thing with food stamps.

Limiting purchase-able products to those with under (x)% of sugar.

No soda, no little Debbie, no cakes, pies, etc. You can make your own.

No frosted flakes. No sugar smacks.

Alot of things would get backlisted that people thought were healthy.

Then the food manufacturers will miss that money and get better (?)

>There is the WIC program, free food for pregnant women, and the baby when it's born.
Babies should not be eating food.

That reminds me. Ban formula and baby food, and require breast feeding. Pay wet nurses to fill in for women who can't produce their own breast milk.

Try communism. It works for weight loss

>Amerifats

unironically this

>1. Ban all child-targeted advertising of junk food, fast food, and soda.
>All we have to do is not enable obesity.

what the fuck do you think his first point means?

lol fat

They very much encourage breastfeeding, and continue the free food for the duration, if that's what the mother chooses. Otherwise she is cut off, and it switches to formula and later baby foods and cereals.

I only mentioned this because people act you can't regulate food stamps, because "muh rights"

Nobody bitches about WIC in that respect..

All of these proposals, apart from being completely authoritarian, will do jack shit because they mostly focus on exercise over diet. You can't outrun your fork.

The USA doesn't have free healthcare, yet it has the highest obesity rate on the planet.

Childhood Obesity should be classified as child abuse. Fucking disgusting when you walk around seeing horrifically fat slob (likely single) mothers with their offspring who are on a path to be just as big as they are.

My argument to the "powers that be" would be that it's the same kid.

The child they provided for in utero is now four, eating Pop-tarts for breakfast, hotdogs for lunch, and spaghetti O's for supper.

It's as if we were supplying cigarettes and wondering why everybody's coughing..

And then to pay for the cancer treatments..

We need affordable health care!

Says the woman with Twinkies in her purse..

>when one half of the planet starves and the other is obese

I'm an old bastard. Was a kid in the 60's. Morbid obesity was was rare until the 90's. Now it is like WTF happened?

If you think ALL of those proposals are authoritarian, you are literally an anarchist.

And you are really underselling the effect sedentary lifestyles have had.

Active lifestyles promote weight loss, not just by burning calories, but by making it impossible to be a pig. Kids in afterschool programs aren't sitting around browsing the internet and snacking. Kids involved in physical social activities aren't participating in sedentary social activities and eating.

Like, think of the typical American teenager. Where do they hang out? Cafes and food courts. What do they do for fun? Video games and movies. What do they do at home? Shitpost. And they do all this stuff while eating junk. Social eating, boredom eating, addict cravings - these are things that can be stopped by "outrunning your fork".

it is a strategy for global dominance. when the SHTF you 3rd world fuckers will stave in a month. we are fat enough we don't need to eat for 6 months.

Why don't fatties drink diet soda? It costs the same and tastes nearly as good.

i was a kid in the 50s. nobody was fat. it was called the "Depression".

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/07/10/banned-foods.aspx

When your country's foods are banned and nobody tells you..

>tastes NEARLY as good
this is why

>If you think ALL of those proposals are authoritarian, you are literally an anarchist.
Fair enough (also wrong flag, I'm yuropoor), but the ones that are authoritarian are insanely so, in particular force social media to limit time spent in app for minors and signal jammers in schools. I'm not sure that's the way to go.

>Active lifestyles promote weight loss, not just by burning calories, but by making it impossible to be a pig. Kids in afterschool programs aren't sitting around browsing the internet and snacking. Kids involved in physical social activities aren't participating in sedentary social activities and eating.
Now that's something I haven't thought about before, and I completely agree with you, but I think many of these solutions are attacking the symptom rather than the cause. You can avoid obesity without being active, but you can't avoid it if you keep grazing all day. What we need as a culture is to disentangle entertainment and eating.

In the 60's I was only allowed one soda per week. A Pepsi with real sugar in a glass bottle. Played outside and rode my bike all the time.

That's why banning advertising aimed at children is important. Two effects: 1. advertising brainwashes kids to make them lifetime consumers and 2: the nag effect which turns children into demanding monsters that kick and scream until they buy captain crunch or whatever. If any one thing could change fat culture, it's this.

And, of course, taxing added sugars and fats.

Some proposals for Amerifats (keeping in mind that anything restrictive witll have them bitching about muh freedoms);

>Improve congressional transperancy on corporate donations/add limits to the amount lobbyists can donate
Would help stop your government officials from getting Jewed by food lobbyists and doing dumb shit like calling pizza a vegetable.
>revamp physical and nutritional education in schools, bring back Kennedy fitness test. Provide more school funding to districts which meet high physical standards.
>provide tax incentive for people who can prove physical fitness (like a doctor note or something)
>propaganda campaign to glamourize physical fitness
>improve municipal services and access to gyms, food distribution to cut down on food deserts, financial incentives for major cities/states with low obesity rates
There's other things I could suggest like taxing shitty foods or limiting their consumption, but I always hear bitching about muh freedoms. Some people might get pissy about giving tax incentives for lower obesity rates, but realize that they'll pay for themselves once productivity and healthcare costs improve.

I don't get how people can eat what's required to be fat every single day. I started lifting and had to change my diet to get more calories and I still have trouble even a few months in eating enough. To be something like Boogie size, you'd have to literally make eating your full time job. Eating something extremely high calorie like fast food every few hours. I honestly don't see how they can both keep all that food down and find the time to gather food and then eat it so often.

And cutting these from the food stamp program.

Really easy to say no after that..

The healthier stuff is cheaper.

Did you guys know you can buy vegetable seeds with food stamps?

Food is taxed at a different rate than non-food. In my area, it's 3ยข for food, 7 for not. High sugar products could be taxed at the not food rate.

Monsters are taxed at 7, but bought with food stamps. I would put an end to that!

Eat 3000 calories a day and move as little as possible. Not that hard.

Liquid calories+constant grazing. If you drink your calories via soda, milkshakes, alcohol, you're able to consume a lot more as they take up less volume. Constant grazing and snacking doesn't fill your stomach, and will not trigger hormones telling you to stop eating.

>5'4" person

fucking fat manlets

Pic related is why. More than daily recommendes calories, and it's going down easy. People are having this thing with a burger and fries. Easy 4k calorie meal, with the rest of the day to be a fatass.

that's not a real drink. pretty sure that's photoshopped

Fat people cost less because they die faster

I never understood the idea behind this slop. It's like melted ice cream, but I literally never had this once in my life, and warm ice cream sounds like a horrible concept.

God Bless The USA

It's not warm.. ?

Just whipped and made soft, with bits of candy bars, or cookies.

At some point 3000 cals becomes maintenance - just by existing you'd be burning that many calories. To get to boogies size you need to constantly up your food intake

>kick out all the black people
>obesity goes down by 70+%

Ya, I dunno. All I can imagine is warm melted ice cream that doesn't taste like ice cream anymore and is disgusting. Why anyone would drink shit like that is beyond me.

Holy fuck ultimate cheatmeal drink of choice ty For idea

Bush Sr, Clintons, Bush and Obamas all pushed for MORE obesity

You might be healthy, but you can't write for shit

No one would.

Good thing isn't like that.

That's your imagination. It's very thick and very cold. A spoon will stand up straight in that.

and worse: our tax dollars goes to paying for her food. her shitter. her bed. her clothes. her health care
it's beyond disgusting

obesity is world problem right now...

It's 100% real and there are many other drinks like it here

In the 50s we did too. We were all over town, climbing fences, jumping off roofs. Every family had 4 kids so one was "expendable". There were no worries about kidnappers or serial killers. Our parents had no idea where we were or what we were up to most of the time. It was a good thing we could run I will never forget the evening that my dad knew pig Latin, too. I had to run for my damn life.

Let's just put a tiny bit of DNP in fast food and buffets. Boom, epidemic solved.
If they find a way to OD they'd probably be eating like 8000 calories of fast food a day plus and then their life is forfeit anyway because they have no self control

this 100% look at obama
they were "let's stop the obesity" which of course meant they didn't want to
not a single action on sugar labeling
the "FAT IS BAD" was all a jew manipulation
TO KILL CHILDREN
TO KILL PEOPLE
TO WEAKEN ECONOMY
TO INCREASE HEALTHCARE COSTS
Obama knows htis
Obama knew this when running
he knew it when elected
he knew he'd do nothing about sugar for 8 years
he did nothing about sugar for eight years
he was rewarded

It can't be real.

Sounds way tastier. Still, a small cup of ice cream is enough to fill me up. A half of that and I'd vomit all over myself. Insane people can chug down 2k calories in one sitting

In the 70's, French obesity rate was higher than in America. What happened?

Anti trans fat is fine. Trans fat fills you up even less than carbs do, and are 7 calories per, whereas carbs are 4. Plus, even sugar carbs can be used by the body for quick bursts off energy, while trans fats are only for slow energy and all get stored.
Trans fat is about as empty of a calorie as alcohol is, though alcohol I would even argue is better because it's more of just your body delaying what it will be storing / using, and obviously if you have too much alcohol at once you'll fucking die.

But yes, starchy carbs need to be the main thing fought after trans fats. They barely fill you up and are mostly empty calories unless you get stuff that's high in grains (which is the minority of them). Starchy carbs are probably the main source of obesity in the US.

Fast food culture.

No, the hamplanets will still drop dead from insulin shock.

We'll eat you, dumb lardy

1/2

Yep, lived in small town just outside a metro area. Could explore the countryside with no worries. No one locked their doors and usually left the keys in the car.

good job japan. I wish we could import your fat shaming culture the way we import your animus

For most fatties, soda is only the tip of the iceberg, and if they have to turn to artificial sweeteners just to cope, their chances of making the comprehensive change to their diet they need is nil. Diet soda is not gonna make it: the beverage.

Shakes are liquid calories.
Take ice cream, which in most cases is overly fat dense as is (though there are low fat versions, stuff like Ben and Jerry's thrives on the most caloric dense ice cream possible to increase the level of associative addiction).
Then liquify it in order to make it even more caloric dense by removing air bubbles and increasing density.
Then make it more dense by adding a thickening agent like malt.
Then put some other caloric dense toppings and ingredients on top

Beware the shake Jew. As delicious as they might be, if you're in the mood for ice cream you are a thousand times better off just getting normal fucking ice cream. If you want a drink dessert, get something like an ice, which is just sugar water but not nearly as much sugar (because otherwise it would be too sweet with no fat to tone it down) and almost zero fat.

Why do people drink Diet Coke? Answer: Because they are fat and thirsty.

Thank you, corn lobby. The point is that it's sugar and sugar will McFucking kill you.