Addiction Recovery General

I've been clean from heroin for 5 months now. I'd been doing it daily for over 2 years. Never had a close call, although I know people who did. One of my friends, who I'd known for 17 years, died just over a year ago. I was acquainted with several other people who died.

The first week of April this year, I decided I was done for good. I've "quit" before a couple of times, but this time I meant it. I used high doses of gabapentin over the course of a week to mitigate the withdrawals, and it worked AMAZINGLY. I'm shocked more people don't know how well gabapentin works for withdrawals.

Anyway, I'm clean and absolutely not going back. Opiates were my one weak spot when it came to addiction. I don't drink or smoke weed or anything.

Any other anons who have kicked habits or are in the process? Not just dope, but anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/oM7NP
youtube.com/watch?v=-9huWlXFA1s
youtube.com/watch?v=n-Tej0297wk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm vaping to get off cigs

I'm addicted on Sup Forums, and internet on general and don't know how to quit it.

Good job dude. I know vaping gets a bad rap due to the "vape culture" of tryhards and fedoras, but I know a Vietnam vet who was smoking 2 packs a day for years who managed to quit them entirely once a friend of mine got him started with vaping.

I know that feel, bro. I've been cutting down on the time I spend on Sup Forums. There's some interesting stuff here, but my time would be better spent reading the mountain of books I've been meaning to read. It's not easy, though. I've been coming to Sup Forums since 2005...

how do people enjoy life sober

By being a boomer.

you get satisfaction from knowing that these losers can't be happy unless they put drugs in their system meaning they are slaves to drugs and you are free, two scoopies also helps

It's not easy. Seems like fucking everybody is a substance abuser of some kind. I had to cut people out of my life that I've known for a long time. Their lives revolve around getting fucked up, whether it's dope, booze or weed or whatever.

Now I focus on getting fit, reading, learning music production, etc.

I'm 2 months clean from H. I'm bouncing between redpilled and blackpilled, I'll probably overdose while hanging myself soon. The battle was lost in 1945.

user if you feel like you could relapse, it's always good to have some Kratom handy, it gives the brain the relief it needs by numbing your neuron inhibitors.

Feels good man, stay clean.

Hey user, take some Kratom, it numbs your neuron receptors. It's also an anti depressant and mood stabilizer, not to mention some em where benefits.

Stay clean.

Fuck, I got captcha wrong on first one, why'd it post?

Don't kill yourself man. I'm pretty blackpilled too, but certain things are beyond your control. You can't control what white people do. You can only control yourself.

I tried kratom a few times over the years and it never did much for me. Not shitty headshop kratom, either, but the high quality stuff online (can't remember which vendors I used). I know many people use it to get clean though, so if it works for them, good. As for relapsing, it's not going to happen. Not only is my willpower strong as steel, I also burned my bridges with my sources specifically to ensure I can never cop from them again.

Fuck heroin
Worst drug ever

Yeah headshop Kratom sucks, I've found white maeng da to be pretty potent. Gotta get the good stuff.

What do you do to stay somewhat positive? Also, when does the digestive system go back to normal? Right now I'm alternating between being constipated (maybe for 1 and a half days) and diarrhea... it's really fucked up.

>hes not using krokodil to prepare for the next halloween

imgur.com/a/oM7NP
Methadone syrup is where it's at

My problem with kratom is that it tastes absolutely vile and you have to eat so much of it for it to have a good effect. I used to mix it up with chocolate milk which masked the taste pretty well, but it still wasn't worth it, personally.

Your shitting issues might take a few months to work out. It also depends on your eating habits. I'm by no means an expert, but make sure you're getting plenty of fiber, preferably from veggies, rice and potatoes. If it keeps up, see a doctor.

As for staying positive, like I said, stop obsessing over what's going on in the world. You gotta focus on getting yourself and your life sorted out. The world is fucked up and it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Start eating right, working out and educating yourself. Just because the world around you if falling apart doesn't mean you have to fall apart with it.

Yup, I weaned myself off a serious daily bong addiction (1 gram a day), to weekends to rarer, with occasional monthly daily smokings of joints.

Now I primarily drink a sixpack a day or more.

I function better on alcohol rewards, but damn if I can't feel my braincells and my humanity slowly exiting my body

/thread
since when was Sup Forums NA. mods must be hungover.

Watchu mean? Alchohol makes me smarter I think, or better at critical thinking anyways.

Does this stuff work for alcoholism? I've searched online for some kind of subtle alternative and all I found was kava tea.

Did you ever try methadone?

Can gabapentin get you off methadone?

Yeah, just like weed turns you into a genius. Alcohol stimulates the cerebelum so things become more interesting, but that doesn't mean you're smarter.

What's a substitute for marijuana though?

Life.

Just do somsething. You stand up, make a healthy breakfast. you do sports, go to school/work, sports in the evening and than cook a good dinner. after that you improve skills or just relax. Repeat.

i don't really understand heroin addiction. i tried it and it was pretty shit. opium is far better. but then again i didn't bang heroin

heroin felt mostly like physical sedation than pleasure. it also ended up so that i would almost vomit if i stood up for more than 10 seconds

i'm not really sure how someone could throw everything away over that. it's really not worth the money or the problems that come with it

>Now I primarily drink a sixpack a day or more.
God damn, dude. My brother was a daily drinker for years. Last summer, he started experiencing very painful kidney issues, caused in part by high uric acid levels from drinking too much. He spent a week in the hospital and the doctors told him to stop drinking or he could look forward to kidney failure.

I only ever abused methadone for a bit back in 2011. That shit is powerful. I've heard methadone withdrawals can kill you. I knew someone who withdrew from it, he had to go to the hospital. They gave him a scrip for lorazepam and chlonidine. I'm sure gabapentin would help, too.

Stop smoking weed, start lifting weights.

The fuck all the degeneration in this thread

Ehhh if anything it's kind of like Aderal when mixing them with drinking, makes me want to drink more.

But like I said, it's a neuron inhibitor so it just kind of numbs the sensors in your brain that makes you crave heroine / amphetomines.

>but then again i didn't bang heroin
there's your problem
youtube.com/watch?v=-9huWlXFA1s

No, Kratom has caused hepatotoxicity in some people and has not been studied.

You sure what you got was heroin and not fentanyl? Lots of dealers selling fentanyl as heroin these days, and even more cutting their heroin with fentanyl. Fentanyl feels different from heroin.

Also, where are you getting actual opium? Pure, real opium is pretty rare, last I knew.

I have given up cigs and cut down hard on alcohol for over a year now. It was hard as fuck but I traded a bad habit with good one. I'm hooked on sporting activities. Started with small goals working my way up. Dropped about 12 kg and I'm going to my fist marathon next month. Nice bonus to this my sex performance and stamina improved a lot. I also stated to have a lot more confidence in myself just by doing shit I never thought myself possible of doing. From here on sky is the limit.

GJ user. You are certainly atypical of most junkies.
I hope you stay clean!
If you relapse, I hope you OD and die along with every other idiot willing to stick a needle in their arm.
Keep it up!

>Changing your life for the better and quitting substance abuse is degenerate.

I definitely retain information better while drinking. So maybe I was wrong in saying it makes me smarter, but it definitely has some effect when I read shit while drinking, then the next day can just randomly tap into the info I read the night before and repeat it verbatim. And I'm like....huh...wonder where I got that from.

I always have to google myself when I say shit because I'm never 100% sure if what I said was right, but it's like I felt it. And 90% of the time I am right.

Kratom works stupid well for opiate withdrawl. Its also very cheap. Check the subreddit for kratom and youll find 10+ well known vendors that do $100 or less kilos. A dose to help with dope wd would be about 7 grams and work for at least 5 hours so you could easily have a months worth or more for $100.

Just taper it down when youre done and youll be golden. You can get wd from it but the wd is nothing more then yawning for a couple days and being bored.

Took xanax daily for 8 years and dope for 3. Been 3 years clean so far

Did Kratom help you kick the habit?

youtube.com/watch?v=n-Tej0297wk

That viddy's really good.

Opiate withdrawals of any kind cannot kill you. Only alcohol, benzo, and barb withdrawals will do that. You friend likely went to the hospital from dehydration

CHECKED
yeah this Burmese knitting pattern exchange board is composed of solely wholesome individuals

I've been clean from World of Warcraft 6 month now.