Do you cheapskates tip or not? How else are these poor people suppose to live?

Do you cheapskates tip or not? How else are these poor people suppose to live?

Other urls found in this thread:

dol.gov/general/topic/wages/wagestips
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What I don't understand is why tipping is a percentage. If carrying plates from the kitchen is worth five bucks at TGI Fridays on a $25 meal, why the hell is it worth fifty bucks for a $250 meal? Same unskilled work.

20% unless they suck.

It's degenerate not to tip, unless the service is really bad.

So you pay for the waiter's salary, instead of the restaurant.
The bigger question is why chefs never get tips? If we're going for harder work = higher pay then it would make sense.

Only bad thing about burgerland. Fuck tipping

Tip for beer
Tip for valet
Tip for food
Tip cab

Why the fuck do Ubers want tips now. Oh and they'll give you a bad rider rating if you don't tip them. This is horse shit. Uber should pay their fucking employees more. It's already too fucking expensive to take it as it is

Nah serving is harder than cooking (not talking about top chefs but line cooks, etc). Yeah they move around a lot in a hot kitchen, but so do servers.

Serving has to deal with a wide group of customers who are usually grumpy because they're hungry. Plus everything has to be served yesterday in their minds, making it important for fast service.

If you don't like tips, then restaurants can pay hourly, and a $25 meal will become $40 and no one would then go to a restaurant. Tipping gives the impression of lower prices and allows the customer to choose how much they want to tip. I think it's a good system.

Watch an Adam Ruins Everything episode on tipping, asshole!

If the service is good, other wise I don't.
>How else are these poor people suppose to live?
They still earn the federal minimum wage, that is if they earn (via tips) less than the minimum wage their employer is required to top them up to the minimum wage. It's just that tips allow them to earn more.
See:
dol.gov/general/topic/wages/wagestips

I work delivery. My tips vary completely on performance. Better performance better tip, best I've given being a $10 for delivery and 25% for dine in, 50% for some very very cheap drinks at a bar. How I rate that performance changes from delivery to bar to dining. If the person who would receive that tip does a horrible job (and it's clear it was their fault, not the fault of the cook or busy hours) they get nothing.

but i dont want them to live

Adam is just a dumb commie and doesn't realize the system works far better I'd you don't treat it like a retard.

>this fucking redditspacing
Every restaurant has a 30-40% profit margin on meals, 200%+ on beverages. You're not magically going to pay 40% more because of not tipping. Also a waiter serves alot of tables, of they all tip 40%, shouldn't the restaurant pay the waiter less and serve you a meal for $15 instead?

Only black people and euro trash don't tip. If they do tip, they tip nothing over 7%. True superior whites tip 20%. Anything under is degenerate.

Sweetie I know capitalism is hard to wrap your head around and everything, but the restaurant owner isn't going to bother if he doesn't make money.

>have reserved tables throughout town so i never have to wait in line.
>always get served early in a packed bar on a crowded Saturday night
>cute bartenders and wait-staff give me extra-attention, give me free rounds, invite me to after hour parties.
>get introduced to powerful, wealthy people
i tip and i tip big. Whats the point of being a cheap jew if it just makes everyone hate you

>doesn't make any money
Sweetie I know math is hard but 40% of 25 is greater than 40% of 10
And you have to be an actual retard to think tipping is capitalist in nature

Everyone knows restaurants make large margins, especially on drinks. It's always cheaper to prepare food yourself.

Ok maybe it wouldn't go up to $40, but it won't be $5 either. These companies will have hourly rate + taxes on each employee that they have to match for SS/Medicare.

Typical hourly rate are $3-$5. With wage increase to a $9-$15 range from that + taxes, maybe my $15 increase isn't so unrealistic after all.

>Let the (((commune))) pay for your salary
>capitalism
Show flag, darling

the poster you're responding to is correct.
getting improved and extra - privileged service from your bartender as a result of getting big tips from a particular patron is capitalism in its finest form

Usually 10% or a few dollar,s whichever seems most appropriate. If they do a bad job I won't tip or cheap very poorly. I wish you could tip the chefs/cooks somehow.

((chosen one)) detected

I only tip if the service is above and beyond what I expect.
I was a server myself for a while. They do jack shit for the money they earn and often times make the kitchen staff want to kill themselves. After I moved to cooking from serving I realized that the only people deserving of extra rewards are the kitchen if the food is excellent and very very good servers

>use to be a waiter for 5 years
>recognize bad service apart from its busy as balls and the manager only scheduled one waiter for 20 tables
>tip around 20-25%
>never tip gas attendants
>never tip takeout
>delivery round up, plus 2-3 bucks

Fuck those Jew kids hanging outside the bakery on Sunday mornings asking to donate for their football team or whatever.

Posting stock photos should be a sitewide bannable offense

I've tipped 50% on a $100 tab before when the waitress didn't charge for most of our drinks and some food. She's also someone who does this for us often, so I think she should have the money we would have paid rather than take her for granted. But otherwise I'll tip 20% unless it seems like it was the server's fault for sub-par service.

>isn't it nice and easy to look at that formatting?
USA minimum hourly wage is $7.25/h. Let's say employees are payed $10/h.
Say I go to the restaurant and order a meal. In raw ingredients, let's be generous and say it's $15. Say the chef/cook takes 30min to prepare for dish. Right now the product of the labour is valued at $20, adjust for profit margin and it's still under $30 for the customer. If you sell it for $30 you can cover expenses, generate profit and still have enough to pay everyone, including the servant. I still don't get where your $40 are coming from.

i have no money but i tip 10%
i usually tip the average amount
in germany 10%

i absolutely love tipping threads. fairly sure i can recite every post by memory

>tip 1 dollar maximum only
>if the server is ugly or service was bad, reserve the 1 dollar
yeah I'm jewish, oh well.

I figure you only go out if you can tip. Otherwise get take out or fast food. There are some restaurants here where you don't tip. Like where you order at the register and someone just takes the plate to the table without any other socialization/service. Usually pizza places. I'd maybe leave a few bucks to be nice.

What if it's a fellow Jew? Do you tip higher?

Only for music, comyshits must die.

I only give my tip to girls:DDDD

>Do you cheapskates tip or not?
I tip appropriately as to the establishment I am at. Once in a while, I'll end up at a Japanese style restaurant with an explicit no tipping policy (see Matsunoya).

If I somehow end up a trash neighborhood, I will check the bill to see if they baked in the tip already. IHOPs will do this and add an extra tipping column just in case you fell super generous.

>How else are these poor people suppose to live?
I wouldn't mind seeing the end of tipping culture as it doesn't have any real effect on service anymore. It used to be a way for the rich to get over on plebs when it came to service. Then everybody started doing it and business owners used it as an excuse to get over on their workers. People not predisposed to tipping will do their best to get away with not leaving money regardless.

>consumers paying wages directly is capitalism
No it's not, capital paying wages to labor is capitalism. What restaurants are allowed to get away with is ridiculous. It'd be like my machine shop asking our customers for a 10% cash bonus for delivering our order on time.

Everyone wants, or even worse, expects tips now. I got a coupon from amazon for $10 of any prime now purchase, the service where you order something and it gets delivered within two hours. So I decided to pick up a micro SD card since I was looking for one anyway. I get to the checkout and on the price there's a tip section that was automatically filled out to be $8, because that's the "recommended" tip. I set it down to zero, and funny enough the tax on the order went down as well. So on top of them wanting me to tip, they want to tax me on the fucking tip

>$25 of food
One meal for one person
>$250 of food
Several entrees, drinks, appetizers and deserts for usually divided amongst different people with different orders

Honestly I fucking hate sit down restaurant's. Probably just because I'm impatient but I hate having to sit, wait for the server to arrive, order drinks, wait some more, take my order, wait then finally get my meal. I always prefer places where you walk up to the counter, place your order and take your food to an open table yourself

Serving harder then cooking? Are you fucking crazy the cook does all the work and is under far more presure to be a waiter all you have to do is take orders and not be socially retarted.

It's not being a cheapskate, you guys just have a shit system. Do you tip McDonalds register staff? Here, you generally only tip someone if they've truly gone above and beyond or you have fucked them around.
>Thanks for coming to jumpstart my car at 4am and being a champ about it. Here, take this.
Not
>Good job bringing me a plate of food waitress, you didn't even drop it once. Heres a tip.
Thats fucking retarded.

But take his example and apply it to a single person.
>Order a salad for $10
>They want a $1.50 tip for carrying me one plate
>I order a lobster for $60
>They want $9 for carrying me one plate
The amount of effort is the exact same on the servers end, but they want more money purely because I bought something expensive

Niggers almost never tip and are the foulest customers everytime followed closely by boomers then poos/slavs. Everyone else tips unless they're awkward autists to try and avoid getting into the tipping question which I can understand. It's altruistic in a sense and is a subtle custom that separates us from the untermensch. I can tell most of the time who will and won't tip beforehand and though I try to not let that affect the service, at the subconscious level, it does happen.

Bodybuilding is degenerate, but these guys are alright

Faceberg:

Bodybuilders Against Tipping

#NoTips

Cooking is a skill, walking back and forth with a plate is not.