You have 30 seconds to convince me I shouldn't renounce Catholicism and proceed with the ways of Buddhism

You have 30 seconds to convince me I shouldn't renounce Catholicism and proceed with the ways of Buddhism.

Good luck.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/igv3k
youtube.com/watch?v=xqM75eGR98k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do whatever you want, queer

you should kys

Do what you want. Just be sure to treat all those around you with the respect they deserve and you will be rewarded accordingly.

Buddhism is just self centered christianity with slightly less loud and annoying fundies.

SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN

Buddhist converts are just failures at life.

Can anyone find some examples when buddists went alloha snackbarred? Or burned some witches?

Well you're on the way to hell either way so pick either.

That's pretty true senpai.

slant eyed religion>sand religion any day

im catholic, i dabbled in buddhism for a little while shortly after i met my future wife (shes Thai and buddhist).

dont fall for the reincarnation jew. these people are all about tribute (shekels) to the temple. ive been married for 2 years (dated for 5 years) and have wasted probanly $18,000 on my wife's family's temple.

every fucking week they need a tribute, supplies, food, clothing, or more land for the temple and the people who attend

Go for it. They of all people remove kebab.

This. God gave you free will which unfortunately means you can make the retarded decision to become Buddhist if you choose to.

a real catholic fights for traditional catholic values, pre vatican 2 the true catholicism not the made up jew run cult as it exists today.

Never forget, never stop fighting brother.

same dude here

add that to the fact that gold is very important to buddhist (viets, cambodians, thais, laotians) all horde gold

Only a unified holy Catholic church can defend the world against moral degeneracy, atheism, Islam, and globalism

Buddhists are currently driving out the muslim filth from Burma, so it's definitely the least cucked religion right now.

archive.is/igv3k

go for it

The Buddha was Indian.

Since all religions are memes you will save time by remaining with the one you are already familiar with.

to be honest it would probably be better for you since catholicism is all about being such a cuck you hate everything about yourself and are perpetually guilty

ignorance is bliss because you get to learn

just defect to buddhism. it's all a bunch of sheep knowledge you'll be bombarded with anyway.

no matter how pretty or soft it seems, it will always be sheep teachings to get your ass to conform.

Go ahead and fuck off. It's a free country.

Buddha is middle ground fallacy personified.

PS read the sticky

You can meditate while still following the teachings of Christ. Buddhism, for all its good qualities, is still an offshoot of Hinduism and teaches reincarnation. Resurrection is not the same as reincarnation. Follow Jesus you filthy pagan.

Well...which Buddhism? There are 3 major sects and many subsects.

Or do you just mean Americanized "I say I'm a buddhist but really I'm just a gluttonous heathen"?

no, we're just people that realize there's no one living in the sky, and that countless wars full of bloodshed waged in the name of whatever aforementioned imaginary friend's team you might be on, is fucking stupid. buddhism doesn't worship a god. nor does one worship themself, it is the path of enlightenment and truth. people who cling to earthly shit are the ones who want reassurance that when they die, all their shit will still be there for them. and that is why you, are the failure at life.

Ever heard of religious syncretism, user?

Myanmar fits the bill, even though usually when people bitch about Myanmar it's that they're killing the Muslims (because they're terrorists, obviously). Other less violent demographics are also targeted, though.

Go ahead and become an apostate. The day of the rope will be the day of the crucifixion for you. Enjoy hellfire faggot

you can be catholic and buddhist at the same time. in fact you can be quite literally anything x buddhist and that is okay, by most teachings.

what i find strange in your story is that temples aren't like typical catholic or christian churches. they do not pass around a collection plate. buddhism is heavily invested in simplyfying, being minimalist, having less shit frees you of the burden of those things. what temple are you going to that they are asking for gold? because that is beyond shady and not at all how it is supposed to be. there is always a donation box type thing, never any solicitation. where did this happen?

Why not just follow the tao?

That's probably still an upgrade. I'm willing to bet that catholics suffer more than buddhists do in hell for their blasphemies.

Neck yourself faggot

They're both just man-made bullshit for people who can't think and reason for themselves, or develop their own sense of spirituality and morality, so sure go with whichever one rocks your boat.

go away christcuck

you fight for the installation of mental illness in other people? why would you ever poison the mind of another human being with that bible garbage.

yet only ninja level buddhist monks have ever directly removed kebab, while every other country is overun by them. hmm.

OP is a faggot and this is the cancer killing Sup Forums

You do reap what you sow, but karma is pure heresy. A classic biblical example against this would be the book of Job, and a scientific example should not be needed; as in a materialistic sense it is illogical.
Not a Roman one....
You shouldn't believe something because it is sparkly and makes you happy, but because it is true.

Buddhism is more about following the methodology and getting results not just wearing a "buddhist" name tag.

You should instead find Jesus and become a Christian.

where is conformity in buddhism? it is about seeking truth, not forcefully molding people's wills to an ideology. i believe you have buddhism confused with something else?

middle ground of what? the truth is not neutral. it's yes or no, black or white. buddhism is the last thing from compromising, it is accepting things as they are.

You should renounce catholicism and join orthodoxy.

>The Chad Virgin : the thread

You're American. You can believe what you want. If buddhism gives you happiness and purpose then become a Buddhist.

Exchanging one religion for another - Why not trying to scrap all religious doctrine and think for yourself?

The teachings of Christianity is mostly a devotional method to reach a state of non-dual awareness. The buddhist method is a method of concentration.

1 post by this id

Hmmm, slide thread?

You can be Catholic and Buddhist together. Buddha openly admits to not being a divine being, following his teachings does not conflict with any religion.

Asian religions for Asia
Eurupean religions for Europe
Semetic religions for the middle east

Not that hard to understand, religions are evolved by the land and people, following a religion of a foreign land isn't wise.

Luciferianism is the only true path. Just stay away from the LARPing occultists and what you have is basically Buddhism for the modern man.

>being a literal fedora faggot with no gf
>decides to vent frustration on the internet to cope with the pain

>T.edgelord

No fedora here, bruv. Just trying to let OP here know there are different paths to enlightenment that can be pursued.

>Buddhism is the last thing from compromising
>t. american cuck who has never seen real buddhism

>As he sat in the court one day, a sparrow sought refuge in his lap, while being chased by a falcon. The falcon demanded the sparrow from the king as it constituted his means of subsistence. Accepting the falcon’s right, the king offered his own flesh in order to fulfill his duty of protecting his subjects (buddhist """"""bible""""""")

Buddnism is the most cucked religion
To this day demented fanatics feed their flesh to vultures in order to emulate their cuck """""god""""" and their religious practices involve sitting on their ass like a bum for literal years on end. Monks survive on what is essentially communism.

>Karma is pure heresy
If taken literally, yes. However I was trying to convey that by striving to be a just person who treats those they meet with respect will have rewards. These rewards need not be cosmic and can be as simple as a smile or kind gesture, but they add up over time.
Job exemplifies this idea. Though he was unfairly punished, his ability to maintain composure and faith was ultimately rewarded. Moving away from scripture, science also supports this idea because those who treat others with respect will maintain a stronger social network which has been shown to correlate well with success and mental health.
Ultimately every person has the choice of how to behave and we eventually get back what we give.

you and everyone you know or will ever know will die and go into the ground and become worm food. such is the cycle of life. your heaven is imaginary. why do you believe in such frivolity? who's the one believing in nonsense to cope with pain? surely it is not me. again, go away christcuck. get your head checked, you are mentally ill.

none of that shit happens. there is no buddhism bible. what is this "real" buddhism you speak of? meditating is suddenly an act of laziness? what?

Buddhism and Catholicism are born as twin sisters with opposite facades.

One sister end up with the dad side and become a free spirit with an open mind, the other sister end up with the mom side and become loyal servants of god and their fellow humans.

The world however, got really bad at some point.

The dad side decides to just fuck the world, they'll just deal with their own things, they went into exile in the mountains and monastery, perfecting themselves, ignoring the outer world outside of them that was degenerating at a rapid pace.

While the mom side got depressed because everybody don't wanna help each other, so the mom side went emo and controlling towards everyone, they wanna see everybody being kind and helpful to each other, even if force was required, though they're too naive and end up causing so many problem in the world.

tldr; You're just switching between the happy adventurous sister and the housewife material sister user.

what the fuck are you talking about.

Both of you have no idea what Karma means. Karma, or 'Kamma' is the law of cause and effect. It doesn't mean there is a cosmic force rewarding good actions and punishing bad actions, in its original sense it referred to the idea that all actions have consequences.

If you drink, you will get drunk. Its a purely materialistic concept. The folk religion version of the concept is pleb-tier.

because Ohm is one of the names of the Arch-Enemy.

Ignorant american pigdog, I live in a country where buddhism is the majority religion.

Ever been to a buddhist funeral? People kiss the ground the monks walk on and offer them food for whatever unholy reason. It's like instead of mourning the person who passed away they're worshipping the monks instead. They don't even do anything. If that isn't some cuck shit I don't know what is.

If the community these monks are leeching off on suddenly decides that they're bullshit, God exists and decide to save themselves by converting to Baptist Christianity those cunts would undoubtedly starve to death because they're all commie cucks.

Why not both? The techniques of Buddhism can be applied within a catholic framework, at least I would imagine. Practice meditation and keep your faith in god.

buddhist monks don't earn money. they rely on society to feed them. they are a burden in already poor countries

that poster is also from singapore and you're from imaginary buddhist land

Fair enough. I was arguing the term in the context that he used it, which seemed to be the cosmic view. I tried to make my explanation as universal as possible to encompass the varying outlooks, but I guess I failed to convey that. Thanks for clarifying.

Nope. That would be considered 'blasphemy'.

But what if you meditate on how to better apply the teachings of Christ in your daily life?

you don't think meditating as some lifeless buddhist monk is conformity? stfu and die

Spirituality is about advancing beyond the physical world, cuck.

How is mindfulness meditation blasphemy? Isn't a Christian monk just practicing a form of meditation when they go about their work

Nietzsche does not approve of this.
At first I thought it was from Socrates and god knows he hated socrates and his pure logic bs.

Meister Eckart disagrees.

What the fuck is meditation? Sounds extremely unproductive. Do you think God wants you to sit on your ass the whole day instead of experiencing the wonderful world He has created?

Devotional method only works when there is nothing to distract you from your devotion. Even your own uncertainty is a distraction. Devotion doesn't work in a modern environment unless you keep it a secret and not something you propagate and wear like a badge.

People have experienced states of unity or non-dual awareness through extreme devotion to a godlike figure or perfect being but that sort of thing is hard to accomplish unless environmental factors are in place. That is why Christianity seems like an outdated and weird thing in a diverse society when it could have been a useful method.

There are other methods besides devotion though.

zen buddhism will change your life

>converting to a religion
>not creating your own after researching the others
It's like you want to be a slave or something.

>'...instead of experiencing the wonderful world He has created?'
>'he'
[Citation Needed]

This isn't Buddhism, meditation is not uniquly Buddhist. Sure there are different terms and types of meditation, but many religions involve some form of meditation.

>only able to see himself as his body
Are you a prostitute user or just an atheist?

wow you're a real piece of work. and you're crazy. you're a in a fucking cult and you're talking shit about the most based belief system.

>different schools of buddhism are all the same
>following certain teachings makes me responsible for geopolitical and fiscal problems of another country other than my own

nice try. what else you got?

Socrates was a degenerate faggot. Surprised he's even considered a philosopher.

this

(((ONE POST BY THIS ID)))
sage this you fucking niggers

Seneca was a better and more honest thinker than Marcus Aurelius.

Go ahead, wgaf?

How about repair it? Rescue it from the jews? Plenty of re words available that dont involve giving up. Fag

>the pope "prepping the bull".

>lifeless monk

youtube.com/watch?v=xqM75eGR98k

this monk could whip your ass. and yes, all shaolin monks are buddhist monks.

>i believe in magic and fairytales, the post

get fucked.

Zen team here fampai.

Luciferianism is literally pop religion invented by Jews and inspired by people like Crowley. It's just silly senpai, the only redeeming quality is that it encourages self autonomy but shit you don't need to be a Luciferian to live that way.

>You have 30 seconds to convince me I shouldn't renounce Catholicism and proceed with the ways of Buddhism.
I can't help you. Catholicism and Buddhism are both equally valid paths for you to end up in Hell because God doesn't love you enough to make you a based Calvinist.

Ive been Buddhist for over a decade and id say give it a shot bro. Meditation teaches you to control your mind and self better. But be warned it's hard work; facing all of your demons on a daily basis kind of hard
Anyway goodluck; the only mistake in walking the path is stopping; direction is irrelevant

yes it happens all the time you just don't hear about it because it happens in asian countries

its funny but you actually could stay Catholic and also integrate Buddhism in your life.

Buddhism would roll right in, easily.

>God doesn't love you enough to make you a Calvinist
Heheh I get it user.

>the scientific method is the only way of obtaining knowledge
>there can be nothing beyond my own anus

Just stick to Catholicism. NW Europeans, Jews, and modernized Japanese after WWII ruined Buddhism by melding it with postmodernist philosophy via movements like the Kyoto school. It's largely become a tool to justify Marquis de Sade like behavior.