Education, trades, and careers advice

Great success in last thread. Let's help those that are younger than us (or older trying to make a change) choose their careers or give general advice to those that are unsure and trying to find their path in life or generally get one another into positions to better their lives and those around them.

Let's talk options and advice on
>Universities and college (Bachelor's, masters, and PhDs) life and experiences
>Medical careers
>Law careers
>Trades
>Military careers
>Agriculture and forestry
>Minimum wagecucks
>Government (local and national)
>Police and firefighting
>Freight (train, ship, aircraft, or truck)
>Transportation (pilots)
>Stock market careers
>Freelance work or writing
>Self employment/business owners
>Those that don't want to be NEETs anymore

Help your fellow anons out.

Let's do some good and help each other on to the right paths for us.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/135900211/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136082221/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136146940/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136168760/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136291335/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136294457/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136407435/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136746166/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/138284417/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140163160/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bimpydoo

Trades are alright. If you're fine having zero time for a social life.

i wanna make a decent wage have the weekend off work 9 to 5 and not get drug tested

what do?

Go be an office drone. Most trade jobs drug test.

How much school are you willing to do? What do you like or are you good at?

posting on Sup Forums and smoking weed

best career path for trades is to get a security clearance you can make a ton of money working overseas without doing much actual work just don't open the door if you a hear a knock at night

Anything else?
Any formal education?

Bump

Come on guys

Alright lads...

>Pipe Welding Training
or
>Virtually free associates degree in Business Management

Before you ask, my Pop is a Cop, and the FOP offers a basically free associates degree through online schooling as a benefit.

The question is, which one should I go for first? I'm a little conflicted as to which one to go for first.

> wanna be an electrician
> go and get a pre vocational certificate in electro technology
> work on a building site, factory and in domestic for 3 months at 3 different companies for free (work experience to go along with the certificate)
> none of them have an apprenticeship for me
> go to different employment agencies, one tells me I'm getting turned down because my high school math grades were garbage and Electrical is the most over saturated trade field
> recommended doing a math improvement course
> my 20th is in 4 weeks and if I don't have something by then, I'll be unemployable

Help

Family was chaos. Got two years of Community then started a business. Saved. Crash comes around, I go to State, get econ degree. Want to work for an investment bank. I'm too old (older than 25).
Start another business. Fails. Start another, good success. There is lots to do with trade with China, if you are motivated to sell here to other businesses. Try 1688.com and get some ideas.

Welder here. Don't fall for the welding meme. We don't make nearly as much as Mike Rowe told you. If you want to do a trade, don't do welding, machining, or carpentry. Do electrician, HVAC, or plumbing. SOME mechanics do alright, some don't. I'll also say that since most trade jobs are hourly, you're going to be working a lot of overtime and have very little free time in order to make a decent living.

I just got my tight little boipucci into a decent union, and while the pay and benefits are excellent compared to non-union, it's feast or famine, and right now it's famine. Most of the unions are flooded with applicants and only those with inside connections get in. I had a great pipe welding certification coupled with experience and being in the right place at the right time.

I picked a trade because I couldn't stand the thought of office life but 4-ish years in I gotta say, the trades have been massively overhyped. Long hours for not much money. Mike Rowe spiels and the 'skills gap' is a bunch of bullshit PR to flood the labor market and depress wages. There's already a long line of able-bodied people willing to do this. It's just that companies don't want to pay a decent wage for Leonardo Fucking DaVinci.

Jobs, education and money:
Was a high school teacher, don't do that. Holidays don't make up for the autism you suffer through by every student nowadays. You just shill out really dumb shit in overly extended lessons.

Currency trading is not worth unless you're incredible at finance. The risk isn't worth the reward for most people. Auto-trading is somewhat viable if you want to invest but don't know stocks. Gold is safe, crypto is questionable long term regardless of the hype at the moment.

Accounting is pretty solid freelance or for a company. Plus it's good to know about how money, businesses, taxes, corporate law and economics work. Which is why I became one.

Don't go to university or any additional paid schooling unless it's fundamental to your career path (doctor or whatever). Huge scam otherwise. Better off starting low, working hard, getting connections.

If you wanted a job, programming related jobs seem pretty good. Manage websites, make apps (sell out for eeasy $), fix computers etc. You don't necessarily need a degree too.

Life:
Avoid being sucked in by consumerism. Be realistic and practical about spending and what you do generally. Don't waste money getting shit delivered or done for you if the cost per hour is greater than what you'd earn working. E.g. Spending $20 on delivery to save 10 minutes walking if you only earn $20 a hour.

Dating gets easier mid to late 20s. Marriage is a scam. Kids are pretty shit on your money but if it's something you want then do it. Pick up some mediocre hobby or exercise so you have some talking point with normies. Don't share your red pill to people publicly. Most people can't take it.

Work as a software developer, make 190k USD + benefits like free food, dental, vision

Its bretty good but I work for a company Sup Forums hates so

I have a bachelor's in psychology. I was planning on getting my masters but only finished the first year. I don't know if I should go back to school to be a counselor or go to law school or get some job outside the psych field. I'm currently waiting tables to pay off my student loans and it sucks bit pays better than the $14 an hour I made working for the state in my field.

I can assure you its not a PR thing. Around here demand for good skilled welders is high and so is the pay. Also being in a right to work state means that most places are non unionized so jobs stay competitive. around here its less about who you know and more about what you can do.

Hey guys, here's a bit about me (pls no datamine)
>19
>college student
>3.8 GPA in Electrical Engineering major
>own my car (paid off)
>scholarships/grants over-cover my tuition, getting paid ~$6.5k per semester to go to school
>gf of 2.5 years
I guess I just want to know what I should do with my degree when I finish school. What's the best path towards a comfy 6 figured job?

>$14 an hour I made working for the state in my field.
>bachelor's in psychology
Feelsbadman.jpg
It sucks how some degree jobs like that can pay shit all.

>bachelors in psych
>Nazi flag
>some Nazi LARPer paid good money to learn about the theories of Freud, Jung, et al (all jews)
Im laughing desu

I'm literally you but 1 year younger and
>no gf

Well good luck bud. I got lucky and my gf aproached me. Im really introverted so it's hard for me to make new relationships. Hope you get a qt gf

I actually wish I could get into trading but these types put so much emphasis on pedigree it would be nearly impossible for me to break in for example these type of job posts are always requiring masters or even phd degree from one of the Ivies.

>26
>120k
>network architect
>2.9 high school gpa
...if you have to go to school for a STEM career, just don't do it, you're not meant to do it.

Link to last thread?

I'm in my second year of Electrical Engineer (20 years old) and i'm seriously thinking of just dropping out. I just don't see the point of busting my ass while I transfer my hard earned resources to subhumans. Also, i'm doing the hardwork of civilization and by 2050 subhumans will just use me for their pleasure and comfort. Fuck this society man.

pic related and i'm furious

>mid 30s
>HS Dropout
>no GED
>Working at Walmart for the past 12 years
>no interests
>no upfront cash for tuition
>fox only
>no items
>final destination

To say I have any regrets is an understatement. Since I'm too old to start anything now, I hope my next life grants me time to explore subjects that I can turn into moneymaking careers and not end up homeless and extorted as what happened in my 20s.

I took the big 5 test and scored ~5% on extroversion. It's not likely I'll get a gf unless she approaches me, so I plan to really work on my shape. Too skinny right now; need to put on muscle.

Retarded talk from a computer janitor

want to get a criminal justice degree and get into law enforcement. Sheriff or local police most likely. Any advice? A degree would get me paid more and make me more competitive in the job market. Any cops out there? Pls no larpers

PhD in chemistry

>millenial
>hs dropout (freshman year)
>no ged
>started as a handyman
>worked fucking hard nigger
>140k company proffits last quarter
you lazy faggot.

I would actually really like working in an office, but I have no experience.

I'm 27 making $45k a year as a Web developer

Pretty pathetic desu but I don't really care much about the field. Hate taking orders from some faggots and working on his dumb "projects". I ain't about that small souled bugman life.

Considering doing something radical like teaching English abroad. I have $25k saved up and hate Western society, this could be a good outlet to start saving bigly and become financially independent

Random Question, but any morticians out there? Finishing up my BS Business Administration and got into a program for January.

>he thinks teaching english abroad isnt the ideal career choice for small souled bugmen

Certificate in computer programming from your local community college. Mine offers a certificate as 'Applications Developer' and includes employable languages including Java, JavaScript, SQL and Visual Basic.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/135900211/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136082221/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136146940/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136168760/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136291335/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136294457/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136407435/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136746166/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/138284417/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140163160/

I'm currently in the academy for a large city's police force. A degree will definitely make your application more competitive. Many forces won't promote you past sergeant without at least an AA. I would also recommend getting some kind of military or civil service under your belt. My class is full of people with bachelor and master degrees and infantry/SOF vets. Depending on the city/county, it can get pretty competitive.

Join the military first, either the army or the crayon eaters. It's a pretty easy transition from there to police. If you still want a degree the GI Bill helps out.

Switch to CS, chinks and indians own Elec. CS still has a White tint to it.

Certificate in programming from a cheap community college.

CS is grossly oversaturated.

Do not touch CS or CSE unless you are a god.

You are also a filthy liar, companies are dying to get hands on decent EEs (oh no you might have to move). I know a bunch of them and headhunters are being payed SHITTONS to find em.

What jobs overseas? Explain pls

Get in shape and join the army, you've still got 5 years before they won't take your ass. So long as you aren't pants on head retarded and your marbles stayed in your head, you have an alright time of moving to LE or getting a degree.

Bartender is a fun job. Good money and lots of roasties. If you are more on the degenerate end of the spectrum.

i have a degree in nursing, but i dont really want to work at that, so atm i doing freelance works. im going to study philosophy this year, any idea if i can do anything with it?

How do i bevome a plumber? I didnt take shop classes in highschool.... am i fucked? Should i an hero?

Congratulations on being entrepreneurial-minded. I always feel like I'm going to be ripping somebody off if I start a business. What am I talking about? I'll never have the starting capital or profitable ideas for such Ventures.

How am I going to fight for jobs among pajeets and other mystery meats? More importantly: What business profits from hiring a cishet white male in the current year??

My chest pains are a bit mild and I doubt I'll be able to run a mile in 5 minutes if that's any indication of where things stand. Maybe next life Israel won't be able in control our foreign policy and I'll feel a little bit better about the armed services. I surely don't want to be gone for years at a time I'm deployments protecting oil ports like Kuwait. This might have been appealing when I was in my twenties and homeless. At least I was in shape then.

Well, I'm kind of torn between these two things. I'm currently in university doing civil engineering (it's my sophomore year) and I got a 3.97 GPA (out of 4), I don't know what your GPA is out of. Now my dream is to be a professional athlete, and to do this I need to leave this country, since Lebanon is a total shit hole when it comes to sports. I might go back to Australia. I just wanted to ask you guys if I should stick with civil engineering and give up on my dream to be a pro athlete (specifically soccer/football) and just stick with doing civil engineering. It's not that I don't like CE, I don't love it either.

>be me
>19
>In Australasia (won't tell which country, fuck off databots)
> a few months out of le high school
>bad (horrible) math grades, bretty good physics and chem grades, excellent english and history grades
>talented at 'wordy' subjects, but I want to do something in STEM because apparently you can only get a job in that

Are there any good or in demand humanities career paths? Should I just do something construction related (surveying/quantity surveying) or maybe pick up a trade?

To tell me what careers can be had with a degree in Public Health?

Just curious...

>be me, 18
>associates degree, 4.0
>full ride to top 50 uni
>no idea what to major in
I'm decent at every subject but I only excel in Chemistry and English. What do Pol?

I just got my first real job. It pays $75k cad. I'm a stemfag and this is peanuts to what people in the US earn but whatever. I'm going to try my best to work hard and stay at this job for at least a couple of years even though it makes me miserable.

I need financial advice on what to do with my money. I have no debt. I have virtually no knowledge of investing. I get some RRSP and stock through work, but outside of that, where do I dump my money? Right now its just sitting in a savings account, losing value wrt inflation.

I don't have a lot of luxury tier wants in my life. One thing I do want to spend money on is a nice clean apartment for myself.

Get into IT, it's never to late to learn a new skill. Work on getting a Comptia Sec+ Just google Sec+ Study guides and commit all your free time for a month or so and you'll easily get a 60k job starting. It would be a good step in the right direction.

Anyone work with stuff related to machine learning, data science, artificial intelligence, etc. Do I need a masters/phd for this shit?

Sounds like you don't have anything better to do. You probably won't even have to go and shoot some hajjis. It's better than walmart, that's for sure.

Cool, apply for jobs using Indeed, Monster, ZipRecruiter and such and make a decent (mediocre) looking resume, (you can fake shit) and apply for everything entry level. You'll find a job almost instantly. Just wear a suit (Walmart special) clean cut with a short haircut and you'll land one (just pass a piss test)

Short stint embalming, pays well but I prefer not working with dead people all day.

Well your choice is between a decent professional degree and an SJW indoctrination program at this point. You decide.
The humanities have been compromised for a long time now, nothing is safe. I took an intro writing unit as an elective and it was nothing but "ethics of representation", not hurting tranny and other degenerates' feelings, and reading garbage from feminist "writers" about social inequalities.

Stop sucking and learn your job properly and you won't be making shit money.

Do chemistry.

The English will help in your paper and dissertation writing. Gradschool is actually pretty fun and cool if you choose wisely.

Gradschool is covered tuition wise. You get a stipend, it's not much but it allows you to live and work in peace.

I planned on going into some kind of STEM field but I totally wasted my time at college and I'm kind of thinking about farming since I will have property, but in time farming will be hard because it seems like farming is going to wind up being very socialized with little competition

With a security clearance you can hop on cleared job (google it) and apply to OCONUS jobs and end up working for military bases, embassy or more interesting locations.

What was your major? Did you graduate?

Okay I guess I'll ask then.
>late twenties
>dropped out of uni, engineering
>Looking at joining the police force (WA)
Anybody here work in law enforcement? what's it really like day to day? What to expect, etc.?

Here in my state the pay is pretty good, AU70K starting salary. Currently getting in shape enough to pass the physical test.

do what you like the best

Compsci is a degree that really depends on the school you go to.

If you can make it to the top 5 schools in your country (you can say top 10 if you are in the US) then go for it. Otherwise, CS might not be the best choice. But if you CAN make it to one of the top schools in your country, especially if you live in western europe or Canada/USA, then your CS degree will probably actually be good.

Not usually on pol

>be 24 with parents
>never had interview or job
>did shit in highschool, look like stoner
>too anxious for anything like application
>associate of science
>never drove past 30 mile radius
>stay indoors

Plenty of Lebanese in the construction industry here in aus. You can easily get a good business running if you're good/decent at what you do cause easy contacts and community preference.

I'm not that good at math. I got a B- in college algebra. My college is free and covered by grants. What should I do? If I'm not good at math I sure as hell am not doing a piss easy libarts major to work at dennys.

This. What to invest money on for an early retirement? Or a better question what are the best resources in learning how, where and when to invest?

So what do you want? What science?

Damn, you are me in the future timeline where I choose psych instead of computer science. Pretty sure I"m gonna go with computer science desu. I don't know what to expect at all. I passed into calc, so I'm decent at math. I had a website in middle school, tinkered around with html (I know that's not impressive at all).

All I know is that I can do it if I put my mind to it, and I just don't think my heart is in psychology enough to suffer through. I would want to change the game.... I'd probobly get fired.

bump

A philosophy degree can be a good prep for law school but useless otherwise. I have one, and I wouldn't wish it on my greatest ally.

Worth studying on your own as a hobby however.

Redpill me on pharmacy majors

Breakroom?

Thing about Walmart is that unless you fuck up or the company goes under you will always have a job.

Just teach yourself to program. Got a job teaching myself to code in 3 months while working 7 days a week at least 8 hours a day in a factory.

The pajeets will code for a fraction of what you will work for.

The Trades are good.

If you're nearly as 'smart' as you think you are, you'll be able to succeed with hardwork and effort. The Trades get neglected and shit talked a lot in Highschool(losers/burnouts, go to University/College!).

If you can play video games and do tasks and complete shit you can learn a trade. Just think of it like a game where you're always learning.

I'm certain there's lots of people here that can handle the mental workload, but not sure about the work ethic/gumption. You need to work hard and not be a wimp. You're going to get bullied and made fun of, especially if you're an antisocial aspie or don't like sports. They don't care that you're like that. They care if you work.

To those who have never worked, you need to start at the bottom before it's too late. Dishwashing, garbage man whatever. Go to a Temp or Hiring Agency. When companies are desperate they go to these agencies to find bodies. This is where you're going to start out. You're going to get shit jobs but you just need to build up your resume. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find an actually good job through these agencies. But don't expect that.

Build your resume to fill the gap where you wasted your life being a manchild. Then you start trying to become an Apprentice somewhere. Some colleges offer free PreApprentice programs. The Gov't pays for them, and you get a Certificate equivalent to Highschool and some experience in a Trade. Typically ends a job placement in the Trade. Where if you're not a pylon they'll hire you at least, luckily as an apprentice.

You need to be careful for anything you pay for be it University/College, Certificates/exams, Courses whatever.

If you're smart and hardworking you can succeed in a good Trade.

DO NOT weld.

"There are no old welders."

You're also first to get laid off in shops.
This guys post is right on.

Welders are disposable. Carpenters/Construction aren't taken seriously. Machinists have been replaced by CNC.

>Around here demand for good skilled welders is high and so is the pay
The pay is still pretty damn low when you take into consideration the damage it does to your body on top of the fact its a skill you have to learn.

I have no idea. Just associate of science as the diploma reads. I don't want to spend another two or so years wasting it by figuring it out, so it's fucked for someone lazy as me.

Med school sucks, but there is good money afterwards. The hard part of medschool is getting accepted, afterwards it's just long hours and lots of workplace bullying, so if you're a soft cunt don't bother.

Anybody in finance here?

Dude people like you are why people don't even want to bother. You really enjoy barking orders at people don't you? This whole "Get a shit job, you are a manchild! You need to do this, do that, You will get made fun of!"

How about..... no? How about we just don't do shit...... sound good? LMAO. I can tell you are a boomer, trying to pass the blame onto my generation.

And if you aren't a boomer, then you have been completely hypnotized by one.

>fried and hung
>not discredited pseudoscience

Jung isn't a Jew.

>Psychology is a science

So I fucked up and got an English Degree, but my GPA was pretty good (3.8).
Is there any path for a Master's I should look into? I was thinking about applying to some lawschools too, but it seems like most law grads are just as jobless as us English Bachelors.

What do you guys do? I feel like the people who constantly shit on psychology probobly hate their super important serious jobs. Giving people advice and helping them feel better is a pretty low stress job. If you were more secure with your job you wouldn't feel the need to shit on other peoples career choices.

I'm in England going to an English university and i'm entering my third year and working to get a History degree. I'll have somewhere around £50k of 'debt' after uni which i'll need to start paying back when I start earning over £21k annually.

I've also got in total £60k spread across ISA's, £10k in stocks and shares, easy savers and all that shit.

I'm looking for suggestions on what I should do after uni.

Australian mid-bro for some reason I can't stop linking your post, so yeah there go.

Bullying? Never heard that before. Probably cause I never talked to graduates.

Also there's good money if you can get and hold down a job. I've seen plenty of doctors who are stuck driving taxis cause they can't get in. Albeit it's because they're immigrants, but the point still stands.

Fucking kek. Psychology is a fucking social science. It has been infiltrated by leftists and anybody who has seen the mental health system in action knows how fucking bullshit it is.

Bro, if you end up back ITT, I'm based in Brisbane and am part of the management team for a decent sized crew of domestic sparkies.

Where in AU are you? No bamboozle. We put on 2 apprentices a year and have hired a 22 year old 2nd year before. It's not impossible.

God speed out there user.

I want to work in the field of mycology. Are there any good opportunities for /out/ jobs or is it mostly being a lab grunt?

Oh gee, you didn't answer my question. Guess I hit the nail on the head.