Prove to me that atheists can have morals

Prove to me that atheists can have morals.

Why the fuck would you want to have moral?

because nu-atheists are a bunch of fucking idiots.

I don't even consider myself Atheist, I think the whole concept of religion is a waste of time. So I don't even acknowledge most of the time, i came into your thread cause the picture made me laugh.

I think atheists fucked OP:s tradwife and he thinks he will feel better about it if Sup Forums agrees with him. Come on, press kys to meet maker

>because nu-atheists are a bunch of fucking idiots.
Nu-atheism is atheism you moron, modern atheism is a new concept.

This is exactly a perfect example of an atheist without morals, derives pleasure from telling others to kill themselves on an image board.

>lol science proves theres no good
>umm no user genders are a social construct lol its 2017

You are debating a inanimate strawman.

>modern atheism is a new concept.

Prove me that Christians can have morals. In most istances the argument boils down to "they've got morals because they pretend to have a metaphysical foundation for their worldview". Of course how valid said foundation is never mentioned, which means that for these people the prerequisite for being moral is to pretend to be so.

>Prove me that Christians can have morals. In most istances the argument boils down to "they've got morals because they pretend to have a metaphysical foundation for their worldview". Of course how valid said foundation is never mentioned, which means that for these people the prerequisite for being moral is to pretend to be so.

That's fine and dandy, but you forget that I asked you the question first, and want an answer, first.

>the prerequisite for being moral is to pretend to be so.

That is 100% correct. It's even true for atheists. The basis for all morality is either made up, fabricated (like Platos Republic), or it has to depend on some outside "truth" that is unassailable.

Otherwise, there are no such things as morals.

You fail to identify the concept of a conscience, which was implanted in us by God.

Although, seeing as you are likely an Asian, it is understandable, as studies have proven that Asians lack an innate sense of morality.

>That's fine and dandy, but you forget that I asked you the question first, and want an answer, first.

Your question is loaded, you should say what are you willing to accept as morality first. Again: can a religious man be moral? Why? If you'll tell me so, I'll tell you if, on your own terms, an atheist can be moral.

>That is 100% correct. It's even true for atheists. The basis for all morality is either made up, fabricated (like Platos Republic), or it has to depend on some outside "truth" that is unassailable.
Sounds like you're just trying to rationalize intellectually fraudolent tactics.

>Otherwise, there are no such things as morals.
Debatable. There might be no immanent concept of logic, but we can still grasp that idea, can't we? The same happens with our moral compass.
If you're complaining about morality not being rooted on empiricism, just know that this is the case for virtually every other human activity.

Prove that religious people can have "morals"

The truth is morals are arbitrarily chosen. Religious people arbitrarily decide what god they worship/arbitrarily decide what morals the god enforces

It's all abitrary.

>Conscience
Implanted by God, social construct, or created via natural selection (like snake phobias and the like), it doesn't matter. You can't prove that it came from God, and science can't prove it didn't.

All you can say is that people react to things in predictable ways, in a general sense - therefore, societies tend to agree on certain issues.

The conscience is not an automatic argument for the existence of a God, nor is it automatically an argument for the existence of morals. If everyone had a conscience, how do you explain cannibalism? Animal cruelty? Domestic abuse? Child abuse? Rape? Etc.

If God gave everyone a conscience, why do some people seem to not have one? Serial killers and other textbook cases generally don't suffer from guilt like most people do. How would you explain that?

>Asians don't have conscience
>God didn't make all people in his image
>God didn't make all people

You are walking a fine theological line with that thought.

>There might be no immanent concept of logic, but we can still grasp that idea, can't we?

You can't fight my logic by agreeing with me. You literally just stated that morals are chosen randomly. They're just an idea, like numbers. They help with life, but you can't prove that there is a physical representation of an actual number in existence.

Numbers and morals are just ideas to help you with living - they are not real. YOU make them real.

>they are not real. YOU make them real.

How can you prove that they are not real?

All you are doing is projecting your own made up ideology, present me facts in nature or otherwise.

No. Sage.

You won't because you can't.

Atheism is inherently inferior.

Ok lol. While you're busy being upset that i exist, I'm gonna be building my family with my wife. Stay buttfrustrated.
Sage again.

Prove to me that christians have the mental capacity to create their own morals rather than relying on religious text to decide them for them.

>theistic belief does not own morality
>therefore anyone can be moral
>therefore athiests can be moral

Very challenging

Morals and ethics were created by humans. Just like God and religion were created by humans.

You have morals. God doesn't exist. Therefore atheists have morals.

Those are some very strong statement lads, now with your assertions that God doesn't exist, please provide me proof that he doesn't exist.

You can, can't you?

>t. Someone who doesnt understand burden of proof

Atheists can't have a stable foundation for their morality. They can borrow from another morality or invent their own, so they can be moral, but they have zero true foundation for it.

I believe it was them making the assertion that he doesn't exist, therefore it is their burdon of proof to bear, my dear atheist friend.

This brings into question whether an atheist would actually follow the morality if it would benefit them to not do so, as what would be to convince them to do otherwise?

I hope that you realize you cannot prove a negative. You assume that everything is true, and everything exists if it cannot be proven. One must provide positive proof for an assertion. Prove to me that space aliens don't live in Barack Obama's anus. You can't. can you?

Many don't.
If you have no absolute authority, you can just change it as you see fit. If you're not going to be answerable for what you do, who cares? If you're going to die and there's no reward nor punishment and you will not be accountable, who gives a fuck?

Atheism is probably the biggest reason we're in the state we are in today.