I like a lot of the ideals of libertarianism, but I am still on the fence about public education...

I like a lot of the ideals of libertarianism, but I am still on the fence about public education. On one hand I feel it is needed to prevent a caste system, but public education is usually horrible. Do you just support or a voucher system or have some other opinion on public education.

read this book. our military had a higher literacy rate when school was voluntary before we adopted the prussian model of schooling

>public education is usually horrible
In Greece,private schools are the worst and public education is better.
When i was young,i was in a private school and the teacher didnt care about the children,she was smoking

Interesting over here I remember literally taking the same math class two years in a row in public school (not because i failed the first time). They were labeled as different classes though. Many people I know have had similiar experiences in highschool.

Increase funding and encourage qualified people to get into teaching instead of fresh out of college libarts thots who fuck football chads.

i think that education should be public because:
1.it can be handled better by the system
2.people dont spend their money on such basic things

private schools are shitty...private school teachers are sometimes ignorant about basic education topics

That won't guarantee thay put the money in the right places.

Both lolbertardianism and public education are horrible.

The teachers aren't even the full problem. I feel the system is just very inefficient.

sometimes our teacher was EATING inside the classroom

Was your teacher fat?

kind of...
what i want to say is that private schools are just waste of money.
teachers do whatever they want...

thats why libertarianism is wrong.

Happened all the time in my public hs. Tbh thats not even that wierd.

>but public education is usually horrible
thank integration for that. My dad went to a public school in NYC in the 60s and it was one of the top schools in the nation at the time. It was full of jews btw. Literally if your school is full of high IQ people you are just teaching those birds how to fly (i.e. they'll be fine no matter what).

When you end up in a 33% black 33% white 33%latino school like I did, shit is going to be fucked no matter who you have there.

Well first tell me why it's right, or good, or beneficial. I need something to sink my teeth into.

thats disrespectful though

Public education seems to do alright here. If you're rich you send your kids to private schools which are very expensive.

No one should get any handouts, whoever is poor can just write their own books with coal on toilet paper and read them to educate themselves, if my grandfather could do it, so can he.

Here it depends on how rich the comminity you live in is.

This guy gets it

first of all if you are rich you shouldnt waste your money for private schools,they are shit tier education...

Not every country works likes yours. Plus the name of ur school means a lot here.

what kind of retarded logic is this

yeah thats true

Fuck public education, guess why almost every kraut is a braindead slave to the government? We only have public education, if you dare to stay away from school you will be fined, dont pay those fines and go to jail.
Worst thing is the vast majority of people i have spoken to think thats a good thing

Ya I've heard school choice laws in germany ate autistic cause they never bothered to take out all the shit Hitler put in.

the bad thing about public education is brainwash...
when i was young in private school after 2 years i changed to public school (when i was about 9)and i remember the brainwash that did to us,but the good thing is that teachers were more respectful in public schools also more responsible

Not every kid should go to school. Some kids were born to farm.

>choice laws
you have the choice to either go to a government run school for 10-12 years (depends on you federal state) or you can get out of school earlier if you join the army
If you want to learn a trade you still have to spend half of your week in a government run school

>needed to prevent a caste system
Why would you ever want to do this?

there's nothing wrong with a caste system, the problems arise when there is nepotism in the caste system.

the best system is one where the profit motive is removed from teaching. ie: teachers live on the grounds of the school and have everything they need to live given to them, but they don't draw a salary. that way you avoid people doing it for the wrong reasons.

>teachers live on the grounds of the school
Besides Harry Potter does this ever actually happen?

>anecdotal evidence
What's the reason for public schools being better than private schools? It would surprise me if the increased market competition would yield less competent teachers. In my public school we often had teachers who weren't even educated within the subject and tons of teachers who were god-awful and just flat out lazy.

Nepotism is the whole point of caste systems

sure, it used to be the norm in India before the descent into madness ur buds the kikes ushered in (I wonder who was behind the Raj & shitslamic invasions...hmmm). Kings were very generous and some even paid for everyone to go to school.

I believe it will work again in the future provided we only allow the proper people to become teachers. what you want is to give the family unit the choice to homeschool, provide them with materials to teach and also have centralised schools where students can learn in a fun environment that encourages healthy competition.

i advocate for gender segregation in most things, as mixing tends to lead to confusion and distraction.

i suggest reading the book I wrote 2 lives ago: Satyar Prkash (English: The Light of Truth), you will see that it was the norm back then and understand where we will be going in the future once the Jewish / materialistic problem is dealt with.

Public education with corporal punishment works. Start caning negro boys from a young age and see if they still punch and mouth off to teachers at 16.

>an entire political philosophy is incorrect because a handful of teachers, may or may not be overweight

Possibly the most straw stuffed man I've read on this God forsaken website

oh ya? is that right burger? who was your Guru who taught you all of this precious knowledge?

you amerifags are pathetic. you name the Jew and know he lies about everything, yet you believe him when it suits you. let me be the first to enlighten you: NOTHING you "know" about the caste system (or reality for that matter) is true.

proof: I'll bet you believe the Aryan invasion theory eh? I'll bet you think huwhites are Aryan?

pathetic nigger tier reasoning: big surprise you're being conquered by a bunch of inbred sand monkeys in under 300 years. absolutely pathetic.

kek

>Vouchers
Vouchers are one of the most popular libertarian ideas. You regulate schools well enough that they all provide the same basic education, but allow anyone who can meet the requirements to run their own school.

Every child has a voucher, which they sign to the school, and the government pays the school to teach the child. In this way, you still have publically funded education, with the advantage that you can pick your school based on your own preferences and their reputation.

It's not even that libertarian, really, just moreso than the current system.

this guy gets it
pic related