Redpill me on the state of the job market and future hopes as a recent finance grad in london

redpill me on the state of the job market and future hopes as a recent finance grad in london

>tfw don't want in on the rat race

>finance grad in London
It's unfortunate that you studied something that forces you to stay somewhere with a cost of living so high you can barely afford to live there

depends who you know famalam, nepotism is where it's at

I was retarded
op pic related

you're fucked unless you have your own money to invest and make money with then, investors/firms want certainty and confidence in the people they trust to make investment decisions and you seem like the kind of person where people know something is off with you, maybe not what exactly it is, but that slight uneasiness is a boner killer for their money

>recent finance grad in london
Sage

>Finance grad
From an insider, unless you already have interviews lined up due to your pedigree (Uni, grades etc) you are fucked well and proper.
Your best bet is to just apply everywhere and hope to get in somewhere.
If you can code, your prospects are much better.

Haha OP where did you find this funny picture? Just curious, not like it's painfully accurate or anything like that

become a binman
>top tier hours
>tolerable pay
>not physically or mentally taxing
>get to ride round in a big wagon
>get to laugh at STEM virgins cause you're a literal refuse collector and you make more dosh than them
>get to laugh at SJWs cause your job title has "man" in it
>can refuse to collect bins of pakis and people you dont like
>can drop your undies for lonely MILFs while their husbands are at work
>upwardly mobile career path, can become binmaster within a few years
>2017
>not being a binman

LOL! Me too mate

I'm fucked then cheers, looks like it's time to become an insurance broker, probably too socially awkward for that even kek

from /fit/

kek, I like that idea

>Always two there are.
>binmaster and bin apprectice

Wtf this pic is literally me down to the minutae
Pls delete this

So you're a normal human being. I feel so bad for you. Go down to the children's cancer ward and then stop being such a pussy.

kys

delete this thread and then delete this picture
now

That pic is kinda like me, OP. Thanks.

>what is the dunning kruger effect
Fucking morons on here need to stop getting so emotional.

You too.

legit advice, I'm a mental weakling

Dont kid yourself with this feel good, fulfilling job crap, you are always just a number to your employer. they will can you for any reason at any time. Treat them like they treat you. Be mercenary and jump ship when you get a better deal. There is no loyalty anymore, just cold hard cash.

this image is shite, look up the forer effect

Go learn joinery.

A big shift to timber frame housing is taking place in this country. We're catching up to the rest of the world and finally abandoning brick builds.
We have a constant shortage of quality joiners.
Polish labour is a meme. If you're a skilled joiner there's more work than you can take on and you'll basically clear as much as you're willing to work.

The job is comfy as fuck too. It's really not that hard physically unless you're a flabby sack of shit. It's not taxing. Most on site jobs involve copious amounts of banter and tea breaks and clocking off to go down the pub on Friday evening is basically in the job description.

Total puss boy melts need not apply, we don't want you gaying up the site with your sensitivity.
But seriously it's a really good trade and you might actually find you love working with your hands and having a hoot. Best decision I've ever made hands down.
Think there's a few other chippies on here if they'd like to chime in.

This. You are fucked. You are cubicle fodder to be sucked dry then discarded. Maybe they will pay you enough to live in London. Probably not so enjoy the commute. But you will look good in a nice suit and you can go get smashed on a Friday night at London bridge. They say lightning doesn't strike in the same place. But at least you will be able to smirk and look down on all the rural and suburban retards who tried to prevent this.

Haha me too user, asking about it for a friend.
>tfw the meme is too real

>that picture

This user gets it

being a sanitation engineer is more honorable than being in finance

haha y-yea I'm just curious too

I have a college degree, but if I didn't get my dream job, I was going to go into a trade. Probably carpentry. I love working with my hands its so satisfying.

Most f us are in that boat. There's just too much competition to make it as an average Joe. Still, you've got some options, like the binman post here for making enough money to live more than comfortable alone without a traditional career s to speak.

Alternatively, you could go innawoods or try out for NEETbux, if those interest you and you have the motivation to pursue them. As for me, I went third world. There were no jobs for chemists in the US, but damn were there in India. I worked there for a few years until I was able to properly start a career in the US with made connections and experience on where and who to go to for a job in my industry. As a plus, hot third world chicks love to fuck young white guys in decent shape, just weed out the 90%+ of them (uglies). Good luck user.

fuck that pic