RIP

RIP

We didn't even live long enough to see World War III.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittarius_A*
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>see LARP flag
>ignore post

We have known this for a long time.

This shit aint new.

Black holes are a meme

Is your picture for real?
I've known the center is a black hole since I was in elementary school 28 years ago.

I'm pretty sure they taught this in school??
what the hell article is that?

how the fuck is this news

most galaxies have a massive black hole at the center

So then why aren't we doing something to stop it from sucking us up?

>wow we discovered something that we already knew was there, which was extremely obvious even before we knew it was there and this will have absolutely no impact on us what so ever other than the fact that the only reason we exist is because its there, click on this link so i can get add money

good goy

Black holes aren't real. Have you eve seen a black hole? Nope.

Quality b8

>rip
>near the heart of the galaxy

I sure as fuck never get tired of le habbining threads by braindead fucking morons

if you start now travelling at the speed of light, you might reach that black hole by the time our own sun turns into one

we are currently sending a contractor up there to fill it with sand, when its full of sand we will finally be safe

this
thats what keeps them together
they need a central mass to gravitate around
wat

You sure seem preoccupied with something thats sucking even if its gonna happen in like 21342342342342323652352352342342342342342342342342 years

Just your moms.

Really makes you think how big space is

>Massive black hole confirms climate change is real!

SAGE IN ALL FIELDS

I know you're a troll, but you're doing a great job. Holy shit.

that's sooner than he's going to experience any sucking at this rate

>We will fight ww3 inside a black hole in the middle of our Galaxy

Best timeline

kek

No most galaxies have blacks in the center. It's called a nigroid. It smells like burnt shrimp and sweat.

Is it the collectors?

Sagan.

HOLEPOSTERS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Building a dike around it would be much more efficient desu

Oooooooooooooooohh snap

>there's massive objects in and around the center of galaxies?!
Stop the fucking presses!

throwing a dyke into it would be even easier

lol

If concentrate real hard you can actually feel the black hole sucking us in right now. Try it. Can you feel it?

Tippest toppest kek.

I wonder how big the milky way' s original star must have been to create a black hole that big.

black holes don't exist

I'm starting to regret my vote after realizing Trump can't even stop us from getting sucked into a singularity. Anyone else feel the same way?

E T E R N I T Y
I S
T H E
P E R D I T I O N
W E
S H A L L
E M B R A C E
! !

Dumbass that thing is what keeps the galaxy together

I barely need to concentrate m8. Ur mum's doing a hell of a job.

i know that this is bait but i'm feeling really fucking triggered right about now

sauce on pic?

of course you'd say that

t h i c c

Better that the world get sucked into a black hole than survive long enough to be torn apart completely by kikes.

So the universe is getting B L A C K H O L E D?

come on not even black holes deserve that

The pic straight up says it's a second supermassive black hole, not A*.

Some astronomers have suspected the existence of a second for a long time, but it wasn't known and still isn't.

Every single galaxy has a massive black hole at the center. That's how galaxies form.

i would photoshop the black hand holding the universe next to it's hip, but i just don't have the energy right now

Our galaxy has 3 or 4 massive stars rapidly circling the drain down into a supermassive black hole. They've been in orbit, moving at speeds unlike anything even understood to be possible, forever.

This is like preschool education.

now that's something that i like

everyone knows this did I just get baited?

Our Sun will never turn into a black hole.

the universe will probably die before then, don't fret.

which is a real fucking shame, it will just turn into a white dwarf and then a brown dwarf, not even a supernova, that's fucking disappoiting

Science is fucking retarded. If a massive black hole exists at the center and keeps the galaxy together then why are the planets and galaxies drifting farther apart?

galaxy=/=universe

some people have very short attention spans.

So is it like a binary black hole or some shit?

The supermassive black holes at the centres of galaxies didn't just form from supernovae, they grew bigger and bigger by sucking up more and more stars throughout their existence.

Inertia from the big bang. It will all eventually collapse in on itself anyways, repeating the process.

>turn into a white dwarf and then into a brown dwarf
WHITES TO BLACKS CONFIRMED
FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

I recall my astronomy teacher talking about a binary black hole at the center of our galaxy in 2005.

because it's not what's keeping everything togheter, the gravity of every celestial body is

considering that before that our galaxy will collide with andromeda and eventually fuse with all the other surrounding galaxy yeah
besides the earth will disappear long before any of that happens

(((Dark mattet)))

Is this bait?

Stupid faggot.

Except they aren't.

*Matter

WE WERE DOOMED FROM THE START

The black hole alone cannot account for observations which is why all kinds of pants-on-head retarded concepts like "dark matter" and "dark energy" exist.

False, the universe's expansion is speeding up, therefore not inertia. The expansion of the universe doesn't increase the gaps between the plants and stars though, only galaxies and galaxy clusters.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittarius_A*

How can you discover something twice? We've known about this for decades.

the thing is, if dark matter is real and we manage to harness it we'll have control over EVERYTHING, we would become gods of the universe

only when you put your dick in them...
then you are the meme

False. Redshift as a pretext for universal expansion is horse shit.

So you're telling me some scientist somehow know what happened trillions of years ago and know exactly what happened? Bullshit.

Wait, shouldn't YOU be the "black hole" expert around here?

Why not look for the infinity gems while you're at it?

13.8 billion years*

>black hole
is that why the earth is flat?

Because we know you can then build a black hole power plant that uses black hole physics to generate electricity?

everything is possible john

The idea that the only explanation for redshift is expansion is fucking crazy. What if the answer is as simple as light waves shifting to lower frequencies the further they travel?

It's clusters of galaxies drifting apart from each other, the stuff inside the clusters, especially inside individual galaxies isn't.
Science only seems retarded when you don't bother to verify what the claim is and attempt to refute it from memory, nobody ever said planets are drifting apart from anything.

Fucking idiot. We've known or speculated this for decades. Black holes aren't scary and they're no threat to us.

Apparently it's not even that big. Only 100.000 times the mass of our sun.

touchè
sadly we're born too early

>pseudoscience

If it makes you feel any better I doubt humanity will ever make it that far.

...it doesn't

Then why is literally every celestial object outside of the solar system in constant redshift? We know the galaxy isn't increasing in size but all of the stars show redshift just like the galaxies do.

>empirical evidence showing objects moving away from one another at speeds greater than c
>pseudoscience

>scientist somehow know what happened trillions of years ago

No you moron, the scientists doesn't "know," he's just making a guess based on the trends he's seeing through his telescope today.

>thinks the expansion of the universe means faster than light travel
>thinks he is an authority on the subject

kek