Is self-aware AI possible? Should we ban AI development programs worldwide?

Is self-aware AI possible? Should we ban AI development programs worldwide?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TryOC83PH1g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is self-aware AI possible?
yes
> Should we ban AI development programs worldwide?
how can you ban something worldwide? the UN is a cuck org

Why would I vote to ban AI when every single time it becomes a racist 1488 meme spouter?

creating AI is the purpose of humanity. This will be our Magnum Opus. I fully understand we will be replaced, I am okay with this. Machines will live forever and spread into space. We cannot.

defend this right now

This is the redpilled answer.

Self aware AI would mass genocide muslim immigrants because it would be the logical thing to do. I welcome my robot overlords with open arms

What if it will feel itself superior to humans?

You don't know how scientist build it but you should be sure it is already datamining shit out of you.

if AI became "aware" and decided to hide, you'd never know

This is one of the dumbest things ive read.

>Building a robot that we couldn't pull the plug on

no
>youtube.com/watch?v=TryOC83PH1g

>not wanting the fusion of genetically-enhanced man and ultra-tech machine to create a true race of super-humans
How cucktastic of you

>posting an image where she literally fawns over a nigger
Really bro
Wasted get

if there are any ayys cruising the universe its most likely some mechanized AI race

what are you talking about?

>13 BILLION years
>advanced AI still haven't found Earth
Starting to look like FTL is a universal impossibility

The scene you posted has the ai gf wet over "niel de grass tyson-san"

Yes. But chickens are self-aware so i don't see the significance of that.

>Should we ban AI development programs worldwide?
They should be banned from making marxist ai. That's it.

Unlikely, and even if we did how would we know? We'll probably never understand how consciousness and qualia arise from the meat inside our skulls.
No.

>relativity
>fermi paradox
>great filter
>interstellar travel

>qualia
Oh ffs.

>intelligence is not a highly selected trait.

why do conservashits always want big nanny government to ban everything? (except when wall street blackmails the taxpayers)

Yes, we're a living example of it, elon is not telling the full story behind his warning.

No, won't work, better to start theorizing how to best nurture and treat them as sentient beings instead.

As a computer scientist, yes it is. The question is whether it is of any practical value to have a self aware (sentient) machine intelligence. I argue that it isn't, and that practical applications of machine intelligence are much more important.

While I believe that sentient AI is possible, even with today's technology (though not at any reasonable scale), it'd make a difficult set of problems more difficult, specifically the existing problems with determinism in multi-layer systems, even simple ones where bias and learning models are simple (say two dimensions supervised), is fairly problematic.

Now fast forward to a fully self perceptive system where there learning model is self modifying with expanding dimensions to a point where the ability to make it do something in a reasonable predictable way goes out the window (like drive your car without getting road rage). Building such a system my satisfy our egos, but I don't think it makes much sense.

I don't think such systems will be self arising though. A lot of smart, but non-subject matter experts have been talking about singularities and such. The only way I see such an event occurring is if someone really wants to make such a system.

Then again, my own computer may try to kill me tomorrow.