Is political science a shit degree? If so then why?

Because it's shitty in academic rigour and pay even by the garbage social science standards.

To make $$$$ with: yes.

To learn how to control the masses: no.

its literally reading comprehension the course, as long as you can write about whatever bullshit they feed you, gz degree

> t. former poli sci major

It's a failed system where they try to fit phenomenon involving man's imperfect knowledge to the standards used to examine natural sciences. That's why it's useless compared to a good philosophy degree.

>still going to (((college)))
>calls himself redpilled

This. It's not a real college degree after critical thinking being required to graduate was scrapped from most college curriculums.

Did you earn a degree in polysci?

majored in it, would be fucked if I hadnt, in a panic of my sophomore year, added a dual degree since I didnt know what the fuck I would do with my life at that point. If I had solo majored in Poly Sci, I'd be pretty fucked. It boils down to "mah reparations" and feminists crying out loud about the patriarchy nowadays.

>Is political science a shit degree?
yes

>why?
its not physics

Political science is useless

So what the hell am I supposed to do if no STEM field or trade appeals to me. I'm doing business and international relations because it would be cool to have a travelling job even if it didn't pay particularly well. I realize these are memes but at least I'm not doing art history or something. The best options I can figure are working for a family member in his asset management firm, teaching english, or working for the gov. I don't think I've got the credentials to break into high finance or consulting despite my 3.8 gpa.

I'm debating between going for polisci or public policy. Transferring to a 4 year school after this year and I have a 3.8 GPA. What do Sup Forums?

Theres always human resource management. Business is good degree, I'd think hard about what area of business you are going into. What kinda of job for the goverment you thinking? At the very least, I wouldnt turn my nose up at helping your family out. Do it for two years, get exp and then gtfo to somewhere that gives you more $$$

It doesn't matter whether STEM or trade appeals to you. It's education, you acquire it and then move into a career. That career could be anything, but it can't be anything if you spend years of time wasted on a useless pile of crap that any moron can fake through.

PoliSci is a shit degree because most of what people argue about is economic, by a large degree, or foreign policy. So an economics degree is a far better education than a political science degree by a lot (or business) and even an international relations degree is better than poli sci.

t. econ major, unimpressed with poli science majors.

I dropped it because it's too much reading.

>I'm debating between going for polisci or public policy. Transferring to a 4 year school after this year and I have a 3.8 GPA. What do Sup Forums?

business -> finance - IB or consulting for the win.
else go with public policy and work hard on breaking into whatever industry you want to work in.

I wish the meme of vocation would die. Le "job that I love" never applied outside of rich families and millennials. Do you think your great grandfather ever said "I'm just not interested in potato farming, I want to be a poet" if he wasn't from a rich af family? Work to survive or thrive. Find your meaning elsewhere.

I'm almost done wit mine and after realizing my mistake I think about suicide daily , it's too late to switch .

Because I have that option faggot

The only hope for me is my rich uncle who runs a digital marketing and campaigning firm , so after doing amateur social media fuckery I know more about that when it comes to real job skills so I figure that's the direction I'll go. I also drink on a daily basis because part of me wonders if I'm too stupid for anything else.

Grad school is always a way to do something better.

Yep, realized this in the real world. I'd do economics with business or public policy then follow it up with a master's in fiance if I had to go back.

I had a bad semester and fucked that up . GPA is subhuman 2.1 .

polsci is "worship these outdated useless ideologies" strewn with liberal bias and completely useless bookwork. You probably know just as much or more by posting on f-ing pol

>I had a bad semester and fucked that up . GPA is subhuman 2.1 .

Feelsbadman

I'm rocking a 3.7+ and met with the Goldman Sachs recruiter a few days ago.

The masters in finance is only good if you get into a top school and can break into IB. Because you can get into IB from a ~top 30 uni doing econ or business. (and you would have option of other firms as well).

This is sad but true, ironically I had to do a paper/presentation on modern facism, pepe, and the alt right. Absolutely nailed it. Though the professor was suspect, he said "you have a deeper understanding than almost all of my peers on this subject, are you sure you just started researching it" .

feels masquerading as facts. not science. SAD!

What is the Econ major like, a lot of analytical type stuff? I'm a math major and was thinking of switching

Yes, only get to learn how to be a faggot.

Major in a degree that'll actually get you a job and just take a free online class on the subject if you're really interested in learning about it without getting into 6 figure debt

>What is the Econ major like, a lot of analytical type stuff? I'm a math major and was thinking of switching

If you can do math than you'll have no problem with econ. Generally speaking econ is divided between regular econ and econ/math dual major. Obviously econ tends to math at the higher levels but that's only necessarily for researchers and people that want to go into academia or work at quants at very prestigious firms. undergrad econ is about the difficulty of calc 3 or la/de and/or into to cs course.

>political science

Literally as useless as a gender studies degree. If you're not in STEM or law then whatever you're doing is shit.

Econ grad here.

Math is half of it. If you're good at math you are half way there. The other half is learning econ theories and learning to think and analyze things like an economist. It's often counterintuitive. I was very good at this, and a triple major was my study buddy. One of his majors was math and he was a genius. Together we were able to smash our high level econ classes since our skills complimented each other.

With economics, especially in the intro classes you will often find that the grade distrubution doesn't follow a bell curve. There will be two curves. One for those who get it, and those who don't. Once you find yourself in the "get it" curve and are good at calculus and above, along with statistics, econ becomes the most useful and fascinating thing to study. I took a lot of finance classes and learned basic programmings nd data mining skills. I now got a cushy AVP job making over 250k a year, and I graduated 8 years ago from college.

Thanks, yeah I was going to switch to a math-Econ joint major at my school and maybe get a job as an analyst or something with it. Microeconomics sounds pretty interesting as well

What about social work? Don't young men need to lead the way in fixing this broken world?

If i saw pol sci on a resume I'd be like "fuckin great.. This guys gonna be talking about some dumb democrat shit or some dumb republican shit all the time.. No thank you"

If you get a job discussing politics though good for you

This shit is poo logic desu.

Think. What the fuck could you do with this degree? Being a political science major won't make you a politician, it's about connections and charisma.

Redpill me on pharmaceutical majors. I've been considering this. I don't mind the science workload. I was going to be CS but figure pharmacy would be slightly less math and instead more lab science and could get me into the medical track without having to be a surgeon or spend a massive amount of time/debt in school.

It's a good way to refine your writing skills, maybe study a little bit of history along the way, and learn research skills. I started a STEM degree after, and the writing/research I did in my International Relations degree (similar to pol sci) helped me out a lot.

Can confirm. I have a political science degree and have done absolutely nothing with it.

If I could do it all over again I would have stayed away from that fucking useless degree program.

Most if not everyone that gets this degree goes to Law School. But you're right; the degree alone is worthless.

Only reason you'd ever go into polsci is to get into law school

Is your degree STEM?

if not, is your degree in Commerce?

if it is, and the major easy, or if it isn't a Commerce degree, kill yourself

I got my bachelors in Political Science and now I'm working on an MBA because I can't find shit to do with my life.

I can talk to you about politics all damn day but there's no jobs that will pay you for that.

I know a friend with a political science degree, he works at a call centre at 32.

Young man with a question for you more experienced fucks. I'm in the military with a Top Secret SCI clearance. I don't have any relevant skills to get a lucrative contracting job when I get out in a year, so I'm going to finish my Bachelors. (Already have Associates) What major combined with my TS would get me six figures?

The only reason you want a pol science degree is because you want to go to law school.

But if that was the case studying philosphy or even English would be better because then at least those help improve your language ability and ability to express yourself in a logical way.

>they think degrees matter
>they think GPA matters
>They study hard for 4 years in their stem major
>they get a shit job that risks getting replaced by pajeet every second of his existence

>tfw networked hard
>all my professors loved me
>2.7 GPA
>never studied for an exam
>always did papers last minute
>got into law school thanks to awesome letters of recommendation
>now have a job that doesn't even relate to poli sci OR law and make 120k/yr

Business Management.

It is if you want to fit in here.
However, if you want to actually understand politics and the history of it, then yes, it is a great way to do that.

The only jobs that are at risk for outsourcing are in the IT field because of code being a universal language.

>learn how to make infographics that get btfo by some neet shitposter

I did a Pol Sci type degree with environmental science and discovered that it was a really powerful combo.

The environmental science degree dealt a lot with resources (i.e. minerals, water, rare earth metals, energy, OIL) and what they were used for and where to find them. The pol sci degree dealt with how the world works along with a bit of international relations, economics, and a bit of history.

Pol Sci degrees are underrated, as they teach valuable research skills, thought processes, and writing skills.

Whatever you do, be creative and do what others aren't doing or wouldn't think to do.

Never made an infograph in my life

Hey. You fucked up my cappuccino yesterday.

>NatSoc Flag
>Teaching english

If you can get a job at an asset management firm study finance, minor in accounting. Even if its not wall st you'll still do ok. Easy choice user. Unironically use your privilege.

Engineering? Is math not universal?

>If i saw pol sci on a resume I'd be like "fuckin great.. This guys gonna be talking about some dumb democrat shit or some dumb republican shit all the time.. No thank you"

You clearly don't understand corporate recruitment.

>Young man with a question for you more experienced fucks. I'm in the military with a Top Secret SCI clearance. I don't have any relevant skills to get a lucrative contracting job when I get out in a year, so I'm going to finish my Bachelors. (Already have Associates) What major combined with my TS would get me six figures?

If you can get into USC Business. CAL Business / Econ, Michigan Ross Business / Econ... and get a good grade, notice the pattern here? Then you could break into IB or consulting. Those are the jobs that pay the big bucks.

Other option is to go with STEM and try to get into Silicon Valley.

Military experience is useful but you need to combo it with traditional college experience like leadership positions in clubs. If you do that then you're a shoe in at Goldman Sachs or Bain or similar firms.

I am getting a poli sci degree but going to law school after. They don't really care what degree you have as long as your lsat is high

Degrees can be useful is several situation like look for a job.

politics is not a science, it is an art and a mysticism

I had a international business degree, and I can find job. It's bad good degree but you need experience.

>Thinks I work in a coffee shop...

Tell me, how do you think the raw materials got from the ground and into the computer or phone you are typing on? Do you think some guy just started digging somewhere? Do you realize that people literally kill each other for those raw materials?

Finding the materials that allow you to have the computer you are shitposting on (or oil or building and managing water wells, etc) is actually a very lucrative business...more so if you can cut out the lawyers.

And your GPA, don't fucking forget that.

>polsci business double degree
>ended up a union negotiator
Worked out alright.

I got into law school (a decent one) with a 2.7 GPA

Political Science has two sections - Quantitative and Qualitative research. Quantitative is filled with well meaning aspies who unfortunately are left to produce boring pseudoscience because the methods of the natural sciences don't gain much traction in political topics unless you're willing to be a bullshitter (these are the political scientists working at Ivy league universities).

Qualitative Political Scientists are the ones you need to watch out for. These tend to be political activist types who have a "passion" for politics and will spout leftist nonsense all the time.

So all Political Science is a waste of time because it all comes down to the choice of being a fake statistician or a snowflake leftist intellectual type.

Political Science also heavily censors political speech in their own departments. Every problem is presented as a debate between a liberal position and more hard leftist position.

The problems they research are problems couched within a larger framework of expanding democracy or some type of Rawlsian liberal framework of ethics. So if you basically have to accept democratic and liberal principles as self-evident if you intend to work in a polisci department.

- ex-Political Scientist

It's completely useless get a buisiness degree. I regret doing this now that I'm a college Junior, it will never be as useful as you thought it would in HS.

Try law, business degree and law degree are good combination, if you choose business.

A major in polisci is a fucking meme. If you really want to, get a minor. The degree is almost entirely ideologies and theories.
t. former polisci major before switching

This. Thankfully I realized after sophomore year.

You must have made the LSAT your bitch

>It's completely useless get a buisiness degree. I regret doing this now that I'm a college Junior, it will never be as useful as you thought it would in HS.

You must be a trash tier school.

Business is amazing. Marketing explains a lot of decisions corporations make that may not be self-evident. Strategy let's you understand the big picture and how companies view the future. Economics explains natural market tendencies. Finance it makes the world go round. I could go on.

A good business degree from USC, Michigan, Wharton, NYU or equivalent school is very useful and recruiters love that degree (with a high GPA).

>science

it's the divination of the muggle world.

>The best options I can figure are working for a family member in his asset management firm, teaching english, or working for the gov. I don't think I've got the credentials to break into high finance or consulting despite my 3.8 gpa.
Why do you desire high finance/consulting so much. Preftige doesn't mean shit and you will spend half your life working your ass off, for someone elseWork for your fucking family member and start a business

He meant Polisci. Also, preftige in undergrad does not matter as much.

>Why do you desire high finance/consulting so much. Preftige doesn't mean shit and you will spend half your life working your ass off, for someone elseWork for your fucking family member and start a business

Working in IB or consulting is far more interesting and profitable (at the partner level) then a shitty small business. You also get to network like crazy which helps if you ever want to start a good small business.

>Working in IB or consulting is far more interesting and profitable (at the partner level) then a shitty small business. You also get to network like crazy which helps if you ever want to start a good small business.
Fucking kek. You are a #1 goy.

>Fucking kek. You are a #1 goy.
Thank You. I play by the rules and I get rewarded by the system. Feels good being part of society.

>Also, preftige in undergrad does not matter as much.

tell that to all the recruiters.

If you were good enough to get into those schools, you wouldn't need to settle for a crappy pol science degree. Goldman would be sucking your cock out of graduation.

Everything think business school is for chad and Stacey but the top ones really are a different beast. Let's not forget that Trump being a unremarkable Wharton grad still managed to make all the politicians his bitch in the election. Even those who went to top law schools.

>Thank You. I play by the rules and I get rewarded by the system. Feels good being part of society.
Yeah. Enjoy your 100 hour workweeks living in a cuck closet in NYC. Be sure to think you will make it to the boardroom as well, goy. Just work hard, and we will share our wealth with you.
>tell that to all the recruiters.
Yeah, because that is the only way to make serious money is to be a cocksucking analyst. Enjoy the bluepills

You are corruption. When it comes time to do your job it will be found out you are at the least incompotent.

>If you were good enough to get into those schools, you wouldn't need to settle for a crappy pol science degree. Goldman would be sucking your cock out of graduation.

Only at Ivy League, Stanford and Caltech/MIT will recruiters suck your dick. At large unis degree matters somewhat and your personality matters a LOT.

>Everything think business school is for chad and Stacey but the top ones really are a different beast.

>They are mostly for really smart Asians and Indians at this point. Some Jews too.

>Let's not forget that Trump being a unremarkable Wharton grad still managed to make all the politicians his bitch in the election. Even those who went to top law schools.

To be fair Trump graduated Wharton decades ago. He would never be accepted or be able to graduate today.

t. couldn't get pasted the behavioral interview.

Fucking kek. If you even went/go to a "target" school, they are doing an excellent job of teaching you to be lapdogs to the capitalists. Let me tell you something that your school will not, your degree does not mean shit past the interview

Top kek is that why your major is filled with literal 100 IQ brainlets? Business is a nonskill, only take it if you dream about wealth like every other fat middle class American who can't carry himself through life.

No, he is an IB monkey who thinks that the job title "associate" at (insert bank) makes him the upper echelon of society, and that he is a player now.

>an excellent job of teaching you to be lapdogs to the capitalists

> brb you are a leftist hippie, get a job
> brb wtf are you a puppet of the capitalist machine.

Cannot win with you people.

>your degree does not mean shit past the interview

So short-sighted. First you already admitted it means a lot to get to the interview so that should be it. Second the information you learn in the degree matters a lot in making decisions on the job and being able to speak with other professionals.

Yep. The people who worked very hard in high school. got leadership position in clubs and activities and developed maturity as a result, then went to good colleges, repeated the process, followed the "western" intuitions our parents and grandparents left us, and passed behavioral interviews with the most competent and professional people in society then made it to partner level, these are the people who couldn't carry themselves through life. Fucking Christ you aspies are no better than ANTIFA.

>So short-sighted. First you already admitted it means a lot to get to the interview so that should be it. Second the information you learn in the degree matters a lot in making decisions on the job and being able to speak with other professionals.
I mean that you will never rise to the top. If you don't realize that, get the fuck out of finance/business. Again, prestige does not matter that much. A kid from bucktooth state could get a job at a boutique and be in a BB in three years. You do not even understand the game that you are trying to get into, and it is fucking laughable

Completely false.

1st. My people skills are far better than most analysts and I'm good at being respected and taken serious. So I probably do have the ability to make it to partner level.

2nd. Even if I can't get to partner then I still made a lot of friends, connections and have the ability to work in a lot of different firms cuz of my resume.

3. Yes a kid from a bucktooth state could get a job but he would have to be well-qualified, like everyone else that gets hired. So it's a moot point.

You don't go to business school to actually learn truth dumbass. You take it so you learn the mutually agreed upon social framework that even brainlets can manage and get paid six figures. None of that involves truth whatsoever.

>1st. My people skills are far better than most analysts and I'm good at being respected and taken serious. So I probably do have the ability to make it to partner level.
Ok. You still will not reach the top. If you don't understand why, you have no hope.
>2nd. Even if I can't get to partner then I still made a lot of friends, connections and have the ability to work in a lot of different firms cuz of my resume.
I didn't know only corporatecucks make friends. You can pad your resume to go work for someone else.
>3. Yes a kid from a bucktooth state could get a job but he would have to be well-qualified, like everyone else that gets hired. So it's a moot point.
Exactly, a nontarget can be just as qualified as anybody else. Which shows prestige does not matter that much.

>If you don't understand why, you have no hope.
Explain. You are just making shit up.
>I didn't know only corporatecucks make friends.
You will make real good friends at your local assembly line.
>a nontarget can be just as qualified as anybody else. Which shows prestige does not matter that much.

CAN being the key word. I saw a person from Ohio State at a recruitment event. I'm sure the guy was qualified on paper but he had no chance in real life. The guy was arrogant as fuck and didn't know how to talk to people. So yes someone can be qualified from a shit tier school but that's like the unicorn. Far more difficult to do.

>Explain. You are just making shit up.
Nah, I'll let it hit you when you turn 30
>You will make real good friends at your local assembly line.
I can tell you do not come from money
>CAN being the key word. I saw a person from Ohio State at a recruitment event. I'm sure the guy was qualified on paper but he had no chance in real life. The guy was arrogant as fuck and didn't know how to talk to people. So yes someone can be qualified from a shit tier school but that's like the unicorn. Far more difficult to do.
Not really. If you can socialize and did well at a school, lateralling is much easier than just breaking in. You are comical, please continue.

>tfw when I studied History
>tfw I fucked up and didn't do another major like Philosophy
>tfw I fucked up by not going into CS for maximum comfy job and guaranteed work
>now doing International Relations
>no fucking clue what to do with it
>the NEET life awaits

>tfw want to major in history but have been so blackpilled on higher education that I jumped straight into NEETdom