When the Yellowstone supervolcano finally erupts...

When the Yellowstone supervolcano finally erupts, how will it affect the United States beyond the obvious physical destruction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/ask-smithsonian-could-volcano-beneath-yellowstone-national-park-ever-erupt-180954904/?utm_source=twitter.com&no-ist
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That area is covered in flood basalt from the same hot spot. Why wouldn't it be more of the same instead of one violent blast?

It will proboblie asalt the jenerol popyoulaysion

it will make the country officially 80% non white in an instant.

The USA will collapse into a shell of itself becoming Brazil with a lot of decaying military infrastructure and nukes. (sounds horrifying desu)

Honestly it would be the third world you gets fucked if Yellowstone blows up.

Here we would have severe short term problems, but nothing compared to everywhere that we fucking feed

*that

>Live outside of kill and ash zones
>but live in target area for the Norks to nuke

I'm thinking that I should just move to Iceland. Nobody gives a fuck about Iceland.

The earth rotates in the opposite direction, why does the ash zone ignore this.

The atmosphere moves with the earth. Also Jet stream goes from west to east.

it will do 1/100 the doom and gloom Sup Forums thinks will happen but that is enough to set everything on fire, kill birrions of animals and probably 200k people. The ash cloud will fuck things up but its only gonna be a problem for like a week or two (minus wacky unique weather patterns)

Russia, China, even Europe would take advantage of the occasion, take over the place, kill Americans or enslave them and steal your resources. You managed to piss off every country on the planet, if an opportunity to take you out relatively safely and effortlessly appears they'll immediately take advantage of it.

Dream on. We aren't surrender cucks like you.

Here's a better map from the USGS.

At least we take a few leafs with us.

>Worrying about the supervolcano
What you guys should be worrying about is solar flare induced EMP.

um no sweetie

If it did go off would any of the other nations take advantage of it and invade us?

>Invade a pile of ash
Yes, yes they would

Texas secedes

depending on how large it is, the entire world would be impacted by it due to the amount of ash it would spew into the atmosphere. the last time it happened it took years for the skies to clear.

drumpfkins will be literally btfo

seems like you've already been assaulted.

I'm in SE Idaho. There was an earthquake Saturday, which I slept through, and one Sunday, which I felt. How fucked am I?

Well shit, RIP good ol' Oregon.
I dunno, maybe Kate will kill us all before the volcano does.

>inna lethbridge
>30mm ash
>"Fuck, snowing in summer /again/?"
>smells like smoke
>"BC probably burning down again"

Id just chill on the beach watching the sky turn orange from so far away...

It will attract a lot of tourists

this

America is fucking dead if this happens, don't you get it?

It would obliterate the value of the US dollar, disrupt supply chains to cities causing them to descend into anarchy, destroy the ENTIRETY of America's food production, kill millions instantly, leave tens of millions sick and homeless, it becomes 80% nonwhite instantly, obliterate the economy, probably trigger the Big One in California and add THAT to the mix.

America is done if this volcano goes off. We won't be able to defend shit. We won't even be able to defend ourselves from cholera, let alone invaders.

Fuck, we'd welcome the invaders with OPEN ARMS because they'd bring food, fuel, medicine, ect.

If this thing blows, America is dead.

We felt the aftershocks of it.

And you're probably fucked. As am I.

So the entire US military will suddenly vanish?

Dream on, Frenchy

The bright side is, we'll get instantly ashed while the rest of them slowly starve to death or have to join a cannibal cult.

HAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

everyone will die, it will create a new ice age, all animals and plants have no sunlight water flooded with ashes, homes collapsed by concrete ash on it, it will effect the whole entire planet, it will be an extinction level event, even the bunker (((people))) will die

(((1 chocolate chip every 2 square inches)))

>If this thing blows, America is dead.
I think you forgot Alaska and Hawaii

Basically it will kill a LOT of Rednecks Trump supporters...America becames a SJW paradise

>ywn live in the T H I C C zone

Well the USA will no longer really be a place you want to go at all and everyone it will be dead.
As for the rest of you sad fucks the nuclear winter type scenario ought to be fun. Lasting for years and years.
No one would live through it except perhaps a very small pocket of humanity.

Alaska is for sure fucked. Hawaii will become like lord of the flies or dead island once continental food supplies stop coming. It's over populated for its natural carrying capacity

Nevermind the U.S, it'll be gone. The world will fall into chaos. Every economy comes crashing down.

It will kill whites

> Basically it will kill a LOT of Rednecks Trump supporters...America becames a SJW paradise
Uh huh. Yep. That's all. Sure. Wouldn't destroy the entire world. Nope. Liberal education folks.

I hope its a windy day. My shovel is ready.

It'll kill everyone negroid. But yes, it would kill whites too. And just about everyone else on earth.
Science! You can't!

AWAKEN

Kek, if you wipe out US most world problems will be solved tomorrow

Isn't the entire world doomed a month after it blows anyway?
Americans will be spared the painful slow death of the rest of the world.

A bit of lava can't kill us, our ancestors come from Africa, We will crisp some tendies in the volcano.

This. Our fart that kills us instantly stanks up the entire planet turning it brown and shitty.
Our spew goes everywhere, and everyone drowns in our shit.
Slowly.
'Merica!

Except all the people who make tendies and all other food will be ashed, so you niggers will have to eat each other, leaving only the least tasty niggers left to starve to death.

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

>be me
>4 months after yellow stone erupts
>hunt survivalist people who managed to stay alive as a food source
>i use bait
>beer cases on the side walk. the cardboard is tore open and has water damage from rain and there are a few cans near it
> also cans of vegetables and soup near the bear cases. its like some one dropped a few grocery bags and ran
>i survive off of a stock pile of crackers and boxes of cereal i have stored up well before yellowstone erupts when i cant get a single kill in 2 weeks
>a human will provide you enough meat to eat for about 2 weeks when you cut away the fat if you only eat the human for all meals and nobody else is eating them
>use phase change box to keep the meat fresh (water cooled with aluminum back plate and a modified bike tire pump is used to reduce pressure to lower the temp of the water. no circulation of the fluid the reservoir is connected to the back plate for max surface area contact with water)

> A bit of lava can't kill us
Oh yes it can. It totally can. But lava is something no one is gonna see.
It's giant smog cloud the size of America it puts up in the air and blocks out the sunlight and causes life to start to extinguish all over the face of the planet.
Also if you life in America, you might see a really cool black blast wave of searing hot air and debris hit you in the face before you die.

Hawaii will be forced to submit to another regional power most likely. China, Japan or maybe the Aussies if they haven't completely capitulated to the marxists by then.

Nah, what was Pompeii? Only some cities are doomed.

> A bit of lava can't kill us

Kek

>massive super vulcano that can blow up a whole fucking continent
>the entire US army

gee I wonder who would win

Just to give you guys some reference. An average penis made of ash would weight over half a pound. If you were in the pink zone and all the average sized ash penises fell on your house, it would cave in from the sheer weight. However, by the same metric, if ash penises of your size ended up falling to earth in the blue zone... you'd barely notice the air quality change. It'd still be a sunny day right in the heart of Yellowstone.

As long as California goes I am happy.

>half the country blows up
>some short-term problems

We would lose the national power grid dude, this whole country would burn to the ground and we'd all starve. The entire ecology of North America would fall apart and there'd be no food or water.

>america
>entire world

lol pick one

Id be filthy fucking rich and incredibly well off seeing as how I live on 100 acres connected to Lake Superior

lolno, world will be a much better place without you burgers

you do realize yellowstone is like 10 times the size of pompeii, probably even more

Yeah, I know, but It won't blow the entire earth either

smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/ask-smithsonian-could-volcano-beneath-yellowstone-national-park-ever-erupt-180954904/?utm_source=twitter.com&no-ist

The US military is spread all over the globe. Hundreds of thousands of personnel are located well outside of the ash zone.

Plus I'd hope you brits and the rest of the EU/NATO would provide military assistance to prevent a Chinese and Russian invasion.

Also, the US would still have plenty of fully functional nuclear warheads. To think that the Chinese and Russians would try to invade the US is simply Alex Jones tier paranoia.

Made me Kek,desu

>be in hawaii
aparently theres only enough food in hawaii to last the whole population like 2 weeks

I could live with that, better than fucking off and dying in the literal hell hole the US will become

>To think that the Chinese and Russians would try to invade the US
Nigger, nobody gonna invade a pile of ashes under a nuclear winter.

>aparently theres only enough food in hawaii to last the whole population like 2 weeks

They're surrounded by the Pacific. I doubt they'll have issues finding food.

>Actually be OP
>be fat and have heart problems
>shortly die after writing a long winded LARP blogpost about a fictional event
>Go lie down becaus ethe writing was more exercise than has been had all week.

Humboldt county California here. I'll just roll up a fat spliff and 420 blaze it like I do every morning.

If any refugees try to fuck with me I'll tear them in half with my 7mm magnum

Wouldn't the whole planet enter a nuclear winter due to all the ash that enters the atmosphere? Sure, the US Will be the most fucked but the rest of the planet will get fucked too.

While that would feed a lot. I doubt they could feed everyone with fish. Lots of useless fags will probably starve because they dont know how to fish or some shit

The prevailing winds in the USA are west to east. But I think you are right; the Coriolis effect will have a measurable impact on ash distribution.

>How will it affect the United States

It will cease to exist, fucktard. I'll have a tent set up at absolute ground zero for the best fucking seat in the house.

>kill zones are white people zones
>Chicongo untouched
>white genocide confirmed real

most of the red states will be purged which means we can re-zone those states so that rural and suburban retards don't control the elections anymore

nothing of value would be lost. sad that arizona, texas, and arkansas would be spared partially, though in arizona most of the hicks would be roasted and we'd have some based mexicans ready to farm the new flatlands to the north once a few rainy seasons passed

Can i come after the erruption and help you build it again, im down, as long as law is the same. I hope all the niggers will die tho.

mfw ohio is in the perfect spot to whip out the folding chair and watch the west half of the country burn

It has the highest percentage of white people. But not most of the white people. The population density in those areas is very low.

>tfw Texan

>because they'd bring food, fuel, medicine
I think the rest of the world wouldn't be much better after a while. Some people predict that Yellowstone eruption can start the new ice age. I wouldn't be expecting help from all those equatorial shitholes. Northern countries will probably go full Viking on them and not you.
On the bright side, Mexico will finally build a wall and pay for it.

Yellowstone erupting would destroy America, but in turn save the white race by causing a new ice age like said. The surviving whites in America and Europe will go full imperialism mode. We'd colonize and slaughter natives in countries around the equator (only comfortable parts during an ice age) then we'd build civilization and countries around those regions. North Argentina and Australia will be hot spots for starting this and is where a lot of whites in America and Europe will immigrate to. The Asians will also be participating in this imperialism too, so there's either going to be land disputes with them or we'll split lands near the equator with them.