Urgent: Republicans in Congress may vote to extend DACA tomorrow (or this week)

TAKEAWAY: The BRIDGE Act, which would extend DACA, could be voted on as early as tomorrow (Tuesday, Sep. 5). It will pass the Senate. To pass the House, however, it must get 23 Republican votes. Already, 13 Republicans have co-sponsored it (and will thus vote for it). Thus, it would only need 10 more Republican votes. Of the remaining Republicans in the House, the most likely Republicans to vote for the BRIDGE Act are those who are not yet co-sponsors, but (i) who voted against defunding DACA in 2015 (13 of them), (ii) whose predecessors voted against defunding DACA in 2015 (3 of them), or (iii) who have publicly stated Trump shouldn’t repeal DACA (2 of them). We must put pressure on those 18 Representatives to vote against the BRIDGE Act.

BACKGROUND

1. Mike Coffman (R-CO) is sponsoring the BRIDGE ACT, which would enact DACA as law and extend it for 3 years. It will likely pass in the Senate, but it will be close in the House.

Other urls found in this thread:

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/496
archive.is/48uae
archive.is/kWEBm
archive.is/JTz0z
archive.is/bjvmX\
nhsa.org/files/resources/member_of_congress_social_media_information_0.pdf
house.gov/representatives/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Coffman’s bipartisan bill, the BRIDGE ACT, essentially puts DACA into law and extends it for a three-year period. Coffman said Thursday that if Trump ends DACA he would use procedural maneuvers to force a vote on the Bridge Act (without requiring the bill to pass committee)

>That vote is expected to happen Tuesday…Coffman believes it has enough support to pass.

>SENATE SIDE: In the Senate, the Bridge Act is co-sponsored by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), who have said that it would likely have the support to pass.

>HOUSE SIDE: At the moment, Coffman’s Bridge Act has just 12 Republican co-sponsors. In theory, the Bridge Act could come to the floor, and pass, if 23 Republicans joined Coffman and every House Democrat to support it.

2. Relevant Voting History & Related Actions by Republicans (See pic related #2)

>A. Per WaPo, 7 Republicans have urged Trump not to rescind DACA and said they would support seeking protections for DACA recipients.

>B. There are 13 Republican co-sponsors of the BRIDGE ACT.

>C. In 2015, 26 House Republicans voted against an amendment that would have defunded DACA. 20 of those 26 Republicans remain in the House. Of the remaining 6 seats, 3 are held by Republicans who took office since 2015.

3. Links

>Link to the Bill: congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/496

>Cosponsors: archive.is/48uae

>Republicans who voted against defunding DACA in 2015: archive.is/kWEBm

>CBS Story: archive.is/JTz0z

>WaPo Story: archive.is/bjvmX\

PLAN OF ACTION: As stated, we must put pressure on the 18 Republican Representatives in question to vote against the BRIDGE Act. Below are their names and twitters, and pic related #3 also shows their Facebook and YouTube accounts.

The Names of the 18 Republicans to Pressure:

> Mark Amodei (R-NV), Ryan Costello (R-PA), Charlie Dent (R-PA), Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL), John Katko (R-NY), Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), Peter T. King (R-NY), Frank A. LoBiondo (R-NJ), Tom MacArthur (R-NY), Martha E. McSally (R-AZ), Patrick Meehan (R-PA), Devin Nunes (R-CA), Christopher H. Smith (R-NJ), Will Hurd (R-Tex.), Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), George Holding (R-NC), Claudia Tenney (R-NY), Paul Tonko (R-NY)

Twitters for the 18 Republicans to Pressure:

>@MarkAmodeiNV2, @RepRyanCostello, @RepCharlieDent, @MarioDB, @repjohnkatko, @RepKinzinger, @reppeteking, @RepLoBiondo, @RepTomMacArthur, @repmcsally, @RepMeehan, @devinnunes, @RepChrisSmith, @HurdOnTheHill, @SpeakerRyan, @RepHolding, @reptenney, @repPaulTonko,

>Another helpful link – social media information for all members of Congress: nhsa.org/files/resources/member_of_congress_social_media_information_0.pdf

PHONE NUMBERS OF YOUR STATE REPS

house.gov/representatives/

DO NOT LET THE RINO'S FUCK US OVER

Make sure to call them up and pressure them. We CANNOT allow this to pass

> Mark Amodei (R-NV), Ryan Costello (R-PA), Charlie Dent (R-PA), Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL), John Katko (R-NY), Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), Peter T. King (R-NY), Frank A. LoBiondo (R-NJ), Tom MacArthur (R-NY), Martha E. McSally (R-AZ), Patrick Meehan (R-PA), Devin Nunes (R-CA), Christopher H. Smith (R-NJ), Will Hurd (R-Tex.), Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), George Holding (R-NC), Claudia Tenney (R-NY), Paul Tonko (R-NY)

>Chris Smith
Pretty sure he'll vote against it. NJ fag here and his district overwhelmingly voted for Trump in the election. If he supports this he can kiss his seat goodbye

>All the pieces of shit from NY are amnesty shilling cuntbags

New York is a highly democratic state, has been for years.

[Neocon intensifies]

My two guys from NJ most likely won't sign. Both their districts voted for Trump

Congress and the Senate need to put put against a wall and shot. Rand Paul gets a pass.

Drumpf wants this tho you stupid ass Drumpftards.
He's willing to sign amnesty to all 2 millions.
CONNED AGAIN.

Bump!

Isn't it interesting that suddenly Congress isn't an inept pile of shit, and can get off their lecherous asses to do something for people who aren't even citizens of this country? Pathetic.

Because the GOP cucks want their cheap labor to make their big business donors happy. Paul Ryan's district is full of white collar business workers who rely on illegals.

*blocks ur path

"So you're trying to extend DACA, you traitors!"

*Vetos ur bill

nothing personnel kids

I swear to god I can't be held accountable for what I do if they pass this but couldn't repeal Obamacare

jews gonna buy this off so shouldnt be a problem since Jews will go to any length to destroy any societys culture or heritage

I'd love to help you guys but I live in OR. Bumping so some people that live where there are representatives to be called get the chance to do so. DO IT FAGGOTS.

Jews have this idea that multiculturalism=the end of anti-semitism

Right there with you.

Its having the opposite effect. I'm more anti-semitic than ever

They're voting on this tonight? You're a little late, bro.

this bill is great because it will get all the cucks on the hill on the record for supporting DACA. theyw ill need to defend this in their next primary.

so let's hope this goes for a vote on the floor.

don't worry about it becoming law though because Trump is goign to veto it.

but he is in favor of amnesty

lol uh huh.

>6 months everyone!

Give it a rest

I don't think this will get enough votes in the house to pass. They would need to make a more comprehensive bill like dropping current immigration levels or allowing the president to decide them on a yearly basis including where the immigrants come from to get house support.

>cant do shit for their own citizens
>will move at speeds faster than light to save illegals

I've got plenty a bone to pick with my own retarded government but this is next level. Hope you guys meant 'by ballot or by bullet' literally because you have a hefty amount of traitors running your shit that need to be dealt with in one form or another.

>Jews have this idea that multiculturalism=the end of anti-semitism
>if we import brown people with much more hostile views of Jews en masse, we'll end anti-semitism

If the Diaspora is really that dumb, they deserve their coming shoah by Muslims.

Spam the reps and it won't.

This was the whole point of getting rid of daca, don't be stupid. Trump doesn't want to get rid of anybody but the criminals that take advantage of our system. And that includes the human traffickers ala pizzagate and pedogate. The people in charge of these rings love laws that protect illegals without having to document anything about them so they can come in and dissapear without any paper trail. Getting rid of daca and allowing the bridge act or safe act to take over would make it mandatory to register and file for extension with updated information so no more untracked movements of people. Donald trump is the god emperor and is saving the children and dismantling the pedophile rings and the corrupt politicians loopholes they use to protect the ring leaders.

Sage this shit and all threads trying to subvert the real agenda behind this move to end daca.

bump

>If the Diaspora is really that dumb, they deserve their coming shoah by Muslims.

They never see it coming, I don't fucking get it.

lol fuck, you're a piece of shit.

It's an executive order, they can't do SHIT to stop it.

They can try to draft a new bill that does what DACA did and try to pass it through congress, which will undoubtedly have a bunch of shilly bullshit woven into it as well. Outside of this one option, they're utterly powerless.

Hey dumbass... that's exactly what these corrupt fuckers are going to try and do.

you are a fucking retard

its about politics (and it fullfills his campaign promises)

any and all repubs that try to stop him will die in 2018, especially the 13 likely "ney' votes

who gives a fuck about the people. liberals surely dont other than for slave labor for muh avocado toast!

Everyone, please save this image. Keep it and others like it so we can remind everyone who betrayed us come the 2018 elections.

Trump is brilliant. Let Congress do their fucking job and take the heat for this debacle.
Asshat Congress dindus don't do theur fucking jobs, take off work 2/3 of the year, live like royalty, with the best healthcare and mega salaries while the rest live hand to mouth.

TERM LIMITS NAO

If these Republicans know what is good for them, they will vote it down. They're keeping people who vote for the Party of Gibs in this country.

i just watched the press conference from Huckabee, and she was pretty unequivocal that Trump was looking for a whole package, not some quick fix to daca. She all but said he wouldn't sign something that just extended daca.

it's going to depend on how much push back this actually gets. MSM has a serious problem here since most people in the US do not favor amnesty. they can make DACA a hot button issue, but they run the risk of bringing more attention to it. I think what they really want is to pass something under the cover of night that opens a "pathway to citizenship" aka amnesty.

the more people know about amnesty, the less likely it will ever get done. i imagine Trump understands this. Obamacare is hugely unpopular, but the republicons still refused to get rid of it.

Doing god's work anons, keep it up. Best of luck with this, get those DACAers the hell out

It's beautiful, Trump is forcing Washington to prove that the USA is a One Party System just like China or Russia by forcing all these hypocritical lying cocksucking RINOs to go against they run on.

Glad to hear this from Trump's team!

On my way home from work, I couldn't believe my ears. Hannity was talking to Gingrich about how Congress "needs to get this done."

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY NEED TO DO ANYTHING?

FUCK THE ILLEGALS.

THEY WILL NEVER VOTE REPUBLICAN.

NEVER.

KICK THEM OUT OF THE COUNTRY.

Swamp will drain itself faster if these cucks do this. Also Trump has nothing to lose by vetoing it.

>Let Congress do their fucking job

Um, no. Congress should do nothing and let the fucking travesty expire.

>OBAMA FORCES SOMETHING THROUGH ILLEGALLY

>EVERYONE GETS USED TO IT

>TRUMP RUNS ON REPEALING IT

>TRUMP GETS ELECTED

>TRUMP TRIES TO REPEAL IT

>TRUMP NO!!!!

>CONGRESS APPROVES WHAT OBAMA DID

>OBAMA WINS AGAIN!

Was immigration at all part of their platform when running? If so, we have more than enough ammo in the meme campaign for 2018.

Honestly I'm at the point where I might support the Muslims if it comes to it. At least they have the balls to deal with marxists

>deporting people all the time
>building a wall
>threatening to defund sanctuary cities
>ending DACA
>wants companies to hire American
Yeah, totally someone that looks like they are for amnesty

They think if they appear "compassionate" they can win the gibs vote. They are clinically retarded

You forgot:
>Trump vetoes the bill
>Congress doesn't have enough votes to overturn it
>illegal aliens go home anyway

Even when you dont care about the dog its still proper to pretend you care when you shoot it. Just politics here

Do you honestly think that is going to happen?

clinically corrupt*
FTFY

And if they do Trump will OWN them. "So why cant you act this quickly for Americans?" The script writes itself. Relax. The Congresscritters will get their knickers in a twist but you got a better chance at herding cats.

The whole point of ending DACA was to get those children legislative protection. DACA is executive overreach.

Trump will consider extending DACA if the bill comes across his desk, but he's not going to do it unless it's part of a larger immigration reform bill that includes funding of things like the wall.

yea go ahead and do another amnesty and have a glut of people at the border and overstayed visas again. these insects, as soon as they hear USA is up to dealign with immigration, they all come here. you also have to remember that those 800K, will for SURE petition to have all their old dying spicshit family members to come in and suck into a system they didn't pay a dime into.

Trump is an anchor on Republicans and a lame duck, it's passing

>trumpfag fanfic
Only you fags like the guy and no one cares that he is being neutered by his own party majority in the Senate and house

I agree

Why isn't Mexico funding the wall?

If it does it's getting a veto.

So Congress can't do shit about Healthcare or a Wall, but protecting illegals they can get that done the next day?

What a fucking joke, Trump better not sign it

Mexico will never pay for the wall directly via a builder's invoice, and Trump's campaign platform (on his site, not elaborated on in his rallies) is that Mexico would pay via increases on existing fees and new fees on remittances, visa fees, etc...

Don't let this slide. Faggots on other threads are "confirming" it's dead when the battle isn't finished yet. Trump is giving this shit a 6-month extension. He's acting like a fucking kike right now. Just like how the patriot act expired and NSA spying was gone forever even though they just made a new act to re-enact.

think you are confusing him with ¡JEB!

Because Trump can't force Mexico to pay for the wall directly.

Trump could just veto this. And they don't have the votes to override a veto.

>those 800K, will for SURE petition to have all their old dying spicshit family members to come in and suck into a system they didn't pay a dime into.

yep. legalizing 800k is same as legalizing 3 million once they bring in their parents and siblings. and those are all going to be democratic voters and welfare and medicare recipients

do not rely on Trump to do shit for you, fucking faggot
take matters into your own hands, cunt