I try to engage in a discussion with atheists as much as possible because I take my mission to spread the Lord's word...

I try to engage in a discussion with atheists as much as possible because I take my mission to spread the Lord's word seriously, but I find it increasingly difficult.

It's so exasperating when atheists can't even grasp simple logic. An atheist's idea of debate is putting his fingers in his ears and going "lalala, can't hear you".

How do deal with them, Sup Forums? I'm on the verge of giving up.

Other urls found in this thread:

bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck off christcuck

Because using circular reasoning like the pic you posted is not going to prove anything to anyone.

fuck off pegan.

It's simple logic.

(1) Jesus is defined as the son of God.
(2) There is historic evidence for the existence of Jesus.

the hobo down the street claims he was ubducted by aliens
the hobo down the street exists
therefore, aliens must exist.

Flawed premise, the is no historical evidence for your hobo. Also, that is rather odd company you're keeping there. Unless you there to help him get his life back on track. In that case, good on you.

proof of existence and proof that he was the son of god are two different things.

Jesus might have existed. There may be evidence that he did. But there is absolutely no evidence to support the idea that he is the son of God.

Your Lord is the Chief Archon.

You should come to Gnosis and save your Soul

God is defined as being able to do anything.
If God is able to do anything, is He able to make a mountain more heavy than He is able to lift?

He's literally DEFINED as the son of God, much like a bread is defined as baked dough.

That's like saying you believe in bread, but not in the existence of bread.

wow you're dumb

You yourself confirmed he's able to do anything, so by your own admission he's able to do even that.

It's basic logic, user.

this is literally the dumbest thing i've ever heard anyone say. "people call him the son of god, so obviously he IS!! DUHH"

Are you baiting?
Bread is defined as baked dough because there is evidence for it being a bahed dough
God is not defined the son of God in the same way. There is no evidence.

It's not what people say he is, it's what he's defined as. You could refer to him as King Kuma N'Dumbe III, and he'd still be the son of God.

If you stopped calling it bread, would it not still be bread?

Q.E.D.

This is why nobody takes you fucking clowns seriously

Is Christ is a Jew then why is he (as well as everyone else) portrayed as being white-as-fuck in every western bible thumping pamphlet that is dropped in my mail box.

This has to be bait.

Holy shit, this thread is full of ATHEISTS.

Why isn't this 404'd yet?
>A book told me he was the son of god so he exists!!!!!!!!!!

You cunt, how incredibly stupid, the stupidity of this argument is irksome!

Hail Vectron!

>the is no historical evidence for your hobo.

GERMAN EDUCATION WAS A MISTAKE

I don't know, but I know that I find it blasphemous to portray him in this way. If we do not know what he looked like, we shouldn't portray him at all and let his Words speak for themselves.

What historical evidence?

>What historical evidence?

Glad you asked. Not many people are actually aware of this, which is one of the main reasons why the West has lost its way.

bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

How can you truly believe the Bible when it's literally a book that can/has been manipulated over the centuries?
>Because it's the word of god!
So how do you know for sure it hasn't been modified or edited in some wa-
>BECAUSE IT IS! ALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

Same goes the other way around OP

A man in a robe, claiming communion with the "divine". Madness.

So wait you are not baiting? This is what christians have to defend their religion?
Damn.

>it's literally a book that can/has been manipulated over the centuries?

The Lord influencing his followers to perfect his Word does not constitute "manipulation", user.

World exists. It was created. Therefor God. Because Cause and Effect is undeniable LAW.

CAUSE > EFFECT. Nothing escapes this law. Not even this world. Therefor it was created by some Logical Power. Randomness does not exist. Only our monkey brains are unable to calculate whether it will be heads or tails.

>literal evidence of forgeries
>IT'S JUST PERFECTING

Ok

There is a bit over one minute between my post and your reply to it. Was that really sufficient time to read, study and comprehend both links?

I think not.

Convert or die kuffar

>he is called the son of God therefore he is
Bait

Are you actually this retarded? Just because there is historical evidence that a self-declared prophet named Jesus that started the Christian religion existed doesn't mean that he had mystical powers and was the son of God.

How about the faggot-friendly bibles?

Jesus is defined as the son of God. Therefore you can't say: "The son of god existed, but he isn't the son of god."

if OP isn't baiting, he's a retard spouting gibberish.

banworthy shitposting either way

Defined by who? If I write a dictionary and define Bread as a rainbow like substance that radiates helium gas, does it make it so? Im going to guess not. At this point I will assume you're basing your argument on the popularity of the source material and your argument is simply an appeal to authority

There is historical evidence that L. Ron Hubbard existed. He claimed that Xenu exists and that Scientology is the one true faith. Therefore, Xenu exists and Scientology is the one true faith.

>(2) There is historic evidence for the existence of Jesus.
The same evidence that suggests that Jesus is based in at least half a dozen different characters nigger.

I am not aware of those. I think the Lord was quite clear on his views on homosexuality, but I don't think they deserve to be called the f-word. If you're a Christian, you will accept that they are sinners and need guidance, not ridicule.

Do you accept that Socrates existed?

B-But L.Ron Hubbard isn't defined as the prophet of xenu!

>Defined by who? If I write a dictionary and define Bread

This is a common misconception. Dictionaries don't define words. Dictionaries DOCUMENT the definitions of words, much like a photograph documents reality.

Socrates has several primary sources and contemporaneous pieces that attest to his existence. Jesus, not so much.

What forgeries?
Based on the dead sea scrolls we know that the old testament is accurate to a six word difference. Pretty fucking remarkable for a book translated into every world language after being written 2500-3000 years ago.

Muhammad is defined as the prophet of Allah. Therefore you can't say: "The prophet of Allah existed, but Allah doesn't exist."

>He claimed

"Claiming" is not the same as "being defined as".

The former is subjective, the latter objective.

I would like see proof that the definition of Jesus Christ is that of the son of god. Only the bible defines him as such. Many other religious books do not define him as the son of god. Why does the definition the bible gives jesus superior to that which the koran, for example, gives him.

Allah is literally the same god, so if you argument is true, it will only serve to strengthen the evidence for His existence.

Yeah, that Old Testament sure fucking covers a lot about Christ and his deeds.

You have been brainwashed your whole life. This is how you argue:

Prime example of atheist argumentation

>Only the bible defines him as such.

Again, books don't define anything, they DOCUMENT. Any singular term is defined by its very manner of existence.

Your life is a lie. You can't grasp simple logic, because you don't possess any.

Who defined him as the son of God, then?

You mean the scrolls that are considered heresy by your pedophilic authorities.

They are the ones that grasp and use logic when arguing, not your side and that's were all the problem is: you don't understand it or you don't want to admit it.

You are defending often obviously nonsensical ideas and beliefs based on nothing concrete and refuting scientific theories, most of the time without even understanding what "theory" means in that context.

If some people are going "lalala can't hear you" it's because they must be tired of hearing people like you repeating the same "arguments" over and over again after they showed you they weren't valid.

His manner of existing as the son of God.

Are you retarded? I know that people with an IQ below 70 are regarded as mentally retarded in Germany. You seem to be unable to understand simple logic

well I belive you have created a falso Idol. Jesus as defined as the son of god never existed. Jesus as a spiritual leader of the time did exist. I reject your definition

You have presented no counter-argument. I wonder why.

When backed into a corner, the atheist will resort to ad hominems.

Being this decieved. I pity you.

You're equivocating an objective definition with your subjective claim. These are not the same thing, and any conclusion you derive from such false premises is wrong by definition.

So what if he existed?

There is no evidence for miracles, hence not the son of god, therefore not proof of god, fuck you loser

So, Jesus was defined by himself as the son of God and documented in the bible, without any further proof than his existence?

>So what if he existed?

Moving the goalposts so soon? Most atheists last longer than you, you must have felt your position to be particularly weak.

I try to engage in a discussion with christians as much as possible because I take my mission to spread logic and reason seriously, but I find it increasingly difficult.

It's so exasperating when christians can't even grasp simple logic. A christian's idea of debate is putting his fingers in his ears and going "lalala, can't hear you".

How do deal with them, Sup Forums? I'm on the verge of giving up.

It's more like god said he was the son of god. Jesus was much more subtle about who he was, besides the times he said "before Abraham, I am. (Elohim)"

Gay lefty Bavarian here.

Sorry, guys, I thought I'd have more time spread my wisdom and take this thread over the 300+ replies threshold, but I really haven't slept much last night and I'm feeling really tired now. Let's repeat this tomorrow, shall we? Looking forward to seeing you all again in the next thread!

P.S. Vote Merkel.

Firstly prove to them that there undeniably exists such a thing that has no weight, mass or form, something that has always existed. The word. Then tell them that the creator exists in such a way.

Don't worry friend I got this thread now. I can argue at least as good as you I believe. Sleep tight.

Do you really believe because something is true because it is written in an old book?
Well why don't you believe in Zeus than? Oviously that must be true because he is DEFINED as the highest God in the Olymp. And the stories written about the Olymp and Zeus just DOCUMENTED the life of gods.

SO THERFORE ZEUS MUST EXIST AND HE IS THE HIGHEST GOD

-> Does this sound retarded to you? If yes, you know how retarded your argumentation sounds

t. atheist pretending to be Christian

Just fuck off.

I am defined as the cousin of the LORD. What do you do now?

I will never forget you

(1) Jesus defined himself as the son of God because he was the leader of a small cult.
(2) There is historic evidence for the existence of Jesus and his cult.

An Idea

You cannot understand such things using the same patterns you have been using. To solve, you must grow, to understand, you must transcend your previous state.

Herb for cringey non-sequitur.

He was God wife's son. Not God's because God does not exists.

Sup Forums being Christian is the worst meme on this board. We're overwhelmingly 16-30 year old men in the western world and mostly nonreligious or atheist.

you are such an inbeleivable cunt im surprised u even exist!

You fucking snot eating, finger sniffing, cock ogling, malodorous pervert!!

I´d like to take my shoe and place it quite forcefully up your bottom, you anally wrecked scum.

show me a law that does not burn when i throw it on the fire

Lets try and take this thread back to a more basic question. Why is there anything as opposed to nothing? Any takers?

HAHAHHA God's a cuck.

atheists are the best proof god doesn't exist. forget theology and all the pompous argumentation.

Jesus didnt exist and even if he did he was an underwhelming character. Only ONE person mentioned him that was actually alive at the time (tacitus), and it didnt reference any miracles.

I will concede that God could exist, but if and only if we all agree that God is a cuck.

atheists are best proof ppl can exist without a brain, same as religious fanatics

Mighty one at that. Cucked out of existence God is.

Man created god, not the other way around.

No Silly,

Man is God.

We are the Sovereigns.

You are both idiots.
People who write about events 100 and 200 years after they occured are not reliable sources.
The fact you have a jewish zombie turning water into wine, walking on water, turned the religious establishment on its head and literally came back from the dead and no one at the time documented it is proof it is all a giant fairytale.

>What is Isaiah
>What is Daniel

Read the fucking Bible sometime

B8 thread

>Jesus didnt exist and even if he did he was an underwhelming character.

“About the life and sayings of Jesus Christ there is a stamp of personal originality combined with profundity of insight in the very first rank of men of sublime genius of whom our species can boast. When this pre-eminent genius is combined with the qualities of probably the greatest moral reformer and martyr to that mission who ever existed upon earth, religion cannot be said to have made a bad choice in pitching upon this man as the ideal representative and guide of humanity; nor even now would it be easy, even for an unbeliever, to find a better translation of the rule of virtue from the abstract into the concrete than to endeavour to live so that Christ would approve of our life.” … John Stuart Mill