LONG LIVE QUEEN MATILDA!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JvKIWjnEPNY
youtube.com/watch?v=YLt2344AvTE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Would sacrifice for/10

She can pull my sword any day

i'd let her slice my dick off

Just a reminder for foreigners, that King Arthur was a Celtic Welsh semi-historical figure that us English have bizarrely co-opted into our national history despite him being responsible for waging the biggest counter-attack against the immigrating Anglo-Saxon hordes after the fall of the Roman Empire.

>Sup Forums - Politically Incorrect
Welll, Arthur is a celtic name

SEIBAH!?

death to all pedos, someone grab this fucking rapist and teach him some justice

Came here to post this, considering Americans in particular seem to think British = English.

wood berry

So can we officially say
>YAS KWEEEEENNN SLAYYYY
now?

I'd bow down and kiss her feet.

youtube.com/watch?v=JvKIWjnEPNY

i think of Idris Elba, to be quite honest.

t. toughguy

post all your info pussy you won't

is she queen of the whites?

This is something that always gets me; the bastardization and moral creep of cultural legends.
I mean this is an event that historically speaking was fairly recent. 1500 years or so.
We have stories three times that age. How much has been altered for state or religious propaganda? Word of mouth or translation error?
I'm a history August, and it saddens me that the farther back we go, the more likely it is that what we know is either only vaguely accurate or even remotely factual.

watery tart

Autist. And phone poster. Meh

If it was a scimitar you'd be on to something. That's some sort of flamberge or zweihander. Which makes it even stranger

Hmm, I see him as more of a Roman.

>how does history change?
>I'm a history August

history is the record of our improperly recorded, low-fidelity memes

Illiterate. You either pull the sword from the stone or you receive the sword from the Lady of the Lake. You do not pull the sword from the lake.

What if she IS the lady of the lake?

You can't even call that a sword, it's too long for her, too thick and heavy.

I really don't know how Azura has anything to do with this

>it's too long for her, too thick and heavy.
You're acting like she's holding your dick

youtube.com/watch?v=YLt2344AvTE

>giving a FUCKING LEAF so much credit

I don't know how I was giving him credit.

You implied that his dick was big enough that a little girl might react in any of those ways, and now that the frog is spread across the table it's not goddamn funny any more. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

can't find it

Holy Grail Wars soon, fellow masters.

Next news article is
>girl gets tetanus

>and now that the frog is spread across the table

I said nothing about Pepe dweeb

Fakest sword I've ever seen, the first set of quillons are too fat, and the tang is also too fat. The second set of quillons are too wide and too close to the hilt. It's not even a dark ages or migration era sword, it's trying to emulate a 16th or 17th century greatsword. If that sword was sitting under water for 600 years, it would not be in that good condition.
>pic related, it's a historically accurate greatsword.

So for more proper recording, we should go with high fidelity memes?

YOU UNCULTURED FUCKING SWINE, IT WAS A REFERENCE TO A WELL KNOWN QUOTE ABOUT EXPLAINING JOKES, REEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET THE FUCK OFF MY SITE YOU NORMIE PIECE OF SHITREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>fidelity
>fecundity
>longievity

most powerful memes have at least 2

>Fakest sword I've ever seen, the first set of quillons are too fat, and the tang is also too fat. The second set of quillons are too wide and too close to the hilt. It's not even a dark ages or migration era sword, it's trying to emulate a 16th or 17th century greatsword. If that sword was sitting under water for 600 years, it would not be in that good condition

I bet some autistic "druid" guy went there in 1960 and threw the sword in as a kind of ritual. Throwing swords into lakes or ponds as an offering to a deity was an old, Pagan, European tradition.

This.

How long before she's arrested for not binning that knife?

you are an idiot

ex-CALIIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cirilla

looks like a federschwert (practice longsword) if you ask me

14 words confirmed for reality

Prepare the Grass potions. I'll get the table.

I'm on it.

I was expecting a gif from op...op is a fag

KING ARTHUR DID NOTHING WRONG. KEEP THE TREACHEROUS ETERNAL ANGLOS AT BAY

>internet expert

Where does it even state the era it's supposedly from in that image? It says a girl found a sword in a lake. She could have pulled a 21st century plastic LARP sword out and the headline would be correct.

He was a Roman.

wtf I love king arthur now

He was a literal nigger the BBC made a special.

I'm going to take that sword and become King of England.

One grail to rule them all...

Nah, feders were much smaller and had a very thin blade. The odd placing of the second quillons makes it vaguely similar though.

this is a good thread

But once literacy and preservation of record became a thing things got a little more codified. They've (rulers) had to put more effort into propaganda and memory hoping things to change perspectives. I'm more worried that people have an inbuilt disregard for accuracy in their stories or moral backing. That any marvel movie tier story that confirms bias is more attractive than the actual events.

Are the memes really that powerful?

The original king Arthur legends refer to him living in the mid dark ages, right around the migration period. That is not a migration period sword. This is a migration period sword.

*teleports behind you
not so fast peasant

>Excalibur was a not-gladius
well that's kind of boring

It doesn't say it's king arthurs sword though

thanks for that

where do all these medieval dorks come from? Are you all self-taught or what

usually yeah, but on pol probably not.

>are the memes really that powerful?
roll

wait...what?

lel

>like

sexy sword

>she was then arreated for being a child in possesion of a weapon
Britbongs everybody

Doesn't surprise me. Anglos in the US want to believe they are part Native American and have mythicized figures like Geronimo, Crazy Horse, and Sitting Bull.

Well, to be honest, if King Arthur was a Native Briton, he may have had a celtic style sword.
btw migration period swords are still pretty sexy

I'm Welsh
We wuz kangz

/puts historyfag cap on

The legend of Excalibur goes back all the way to the Bronze Age. You mold them by pouring molten metal into a limestone or soapstone mold, then literally draw the draw from the stone and work-harden the edge. Excalibur looks like pic related.

Pagan Europeans used to donate stuff to the gods by breaking them and throwing them into sacred pools. The Lady of the Lake is a goddess that gives you one back, unbroken and blessed with special powers and says here: Go do some good with it, but return it afterwards.

Still, OP's pic is heartwarming.

I love that meme. Shame all the newfags here killed it

can I have more sword facts please? something you think is cool or intersting

He was also cucked by sir Lancelot and wasnt supposed to be the king in the first place

t b h a lot of my Anglophile peers just watch a lot of bbc America comedies and claim some level of expertise from it

HAIL THE QUEEN!

t.Merlin,shitposting from Avalon

no she wasn't

>us English

woah seriously got me fooled there friendo.

Damn those are some nice swords, European craftsmanship is truly the greatest.

That place looks comfy, I wanna live there.

Thats not relevant. It doesn't say she pulled King Arthur's fucking sword from the lake, does it? You're too keen to divulge your Wikipedia learning.

i love that form

You guys know that King Arthur never actually existed, right?

fuck off ahmed

He did actually

why is this little girl doing weapon sweeps for the UK police?

I like the Stephen Baxter take from Coalescent the most. Grandson of a Romano-British officer who fought back the Saxons semi-successfully while his pet welsh druid Myrddin made steal for him using slaves and humongous kilns.

same. there are some places like that where i live in west michigan, but MI house and land are pricey.

at least, from my experience, a lot of older homes in places like this have cool stuff that comes with the grandfathers clause, like horses or mining claims.

this

jej