“I oppose fascists, but I also oppose antifa”

...might as well just read “I claim to oppose fascists, but I also oppose the only thing that can meaningfully stop them from recruiting and organizing for genocide"

People seriously dont get that the tactic of swaying the public through debate doesnt work against fascists. Fascists don’t need majority approval or support to do horrible things they just need to feel like there aren’t any significant social repercussions for it. If they don’t face backlash when they spread their propaganda and declare their intention to commit ethnic cleansing thats when they’ll know that they’ll be able to get away with actually doing what they intend to do

And dont delude yourself into thinking that you can convince fascists to change their mind with reason, because their arguments aren’t meant to adhere to reason or truth. Instead, their performative statements with two purposes: the first is to state what would need to be true to justify their existing intentions, and the second is to signal themselves to other members of their ingroup so they can more easily join together to form a coherent political force

This is why when dealing with fascists the only effective tactic is to raise the social cost of being fascist, so that theyre afraid to spread fascist propaganda openly. Sometimes this means violence other times it just means denying them a platform to spread their ideas and recruit other fascists

Because of this when liberals defend the "free speech of fascists", this effectively gives fascists a space to signal their intentions to other fascists, allowing them to group together and organize. Allow fascists to organize and they’ll commit acts of terror against the most vulnerable populations

You don’t even necessarily have to like it when antifa resort to black bloc tactics but if you oppose antifa in general youre a stooge. The way you oppose fascists is by shutting them the fuck down, and if youre against that, youre doing nothing but aiding the enemy

Or you can stop them using... I dunno... the police?

Get help.

I'm opposed to each and am willing to commit violence against each. Both of you faggots want big government to kill your enemies. Fuck each of you.

And you've no respect for our constitution (See: Silencing opposing views with violence) I bet you're also some stupid fuck that thinks the 2nd Amendment is outdated, but fear Trump becoming a dictator. I'll meet violence with violence, but I will not be a provocateur.

Why must you protect jews so much? They suppress you as much as they do me, do you not see a common enemy?

If every slave and peasant had the knowledge of who they are and what this world is about, there would be no more masters

"I oppose fascists but I also oppose fucking retards" is what they mean"
Also you commies gonna get lined up in a row and shot to save ammo come the time.

>The way you oppose fascists is by shutting them the fuck down, and if youre against that, youre doing nothing but aiding the enemy
so it's incumbent upon every citizen to put down antifa like the rabid communist dogs they are?

I don't understand where you are drawing these conclusions from

First most deeply political people will not change their opinion based off debate. They argue for the benefit of an audience to sway public opinion . The nazis did not win in Germany due to election; hitler had a base of support and then seized power.

>shooting them
better to have them dig a deep hole that we fill with water and toss them in

no way a pack of entitled cotyfag millennials can swim

Fuck Antifa. I'm joining the Nazis because of them and I'm not even white.

Tl;Dr.

I implore you to read a fucking book. Leftist agitation is a major factor in the rise of fascism. Your bullshit imperative of direct action existed before fascism. Your communist flunkies were establishing Soviets and executing anyone right of Stalin for years before Hitler became a household name and, once again, you fucking boneheads are up to your old tricks.

You're just pissing people off and making then more amenable to the idea of fascism as a means to put ruthless communist aggression down... It worked last time for quite a few years and it would work again.

ANTIFA, as a means of halting or opposing fascism, has never once been successful. You failed against Hitler and were blown the fuck out for it. You failed against Franco and were blown the fuck out for it. You failed against every single government and regime you have ever gone up against.

The only measurable impact ANTIFA has ever made was in the ways it has made the lives of common people worse.

I am fucking pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, read a fucking book.

> all this dehumanization

It's easy to just say the outgroup is inhuman and bad and motivated by nothing but unmitigated evil. Empathizing is hard. Persuading is hard. Loving your enemy is hard.

The engine of modern civilization is the social technology that stops everyone from killing each other over ideological differences. Everything is decided by the vote, the courts, and open public debate. With these in place, we don't have to kill each other for being Papists, or Infidels, or abolitionists, or commies. We can work that shit out in public, then leave it at the door when we meet for beers after. Creating exceptions opens the door to more exceptions. "THESE people don't deserve it."

Put it this way: most people arrested for crimes are guilty. True fact. Most are generally scumbags, too. But we give them attorneys, at our own expense, who vigorously fight to defend their rights. Because that way, when the cop pulls you over for a bullshit ticket, he thinks twice about an unwarranted search, or about just shooting you. He knows he will get reamed in court if he fucks up. The system protects the guilty as a necessary part of protecting the innocent.

Same for fascists. They are an insignificant minority. I'll bet there are more hare krishnas than fascists in this country. But antifa emboldens other disaffected political minorities to go after THEIR outgroups with a vengeance. And they embolden yet more. Few people will be the first to throw a rock in a riot, but anyone would be the fiftieth. Why not? Rocks are already flying, right? 1/2

Actually, the Nazi party controlled more than 150 seats in the Reichstag when the time came... they were elected with a significant margin, Hitler was the democratically elected Chancellor of Germany.

>hitler had a base of support and then seized power
He was voted in and appointed Chancellor in 1933. Hindenburg was the guy that opened up the road to a dictatorship with the Reichstag Fire Decree. Lay off the History channel jew-crack for a bit

Antifa vermin and the like are by far the GREATEST recruiters for the Alt-Right, Nationalists, Nazis, Fascist, or any other far right groups. You fucking scum plant the seeds of fascism in the minds of young white men on a daily basis.

And for that, I thank you. Faggot.

Leaf wins the thread

You sound like a confused 20yo. Exactly why the voting age needs to be raised.

Argentina does sound like a nice place to retire to.

I think 25 is pretty reasonable. That's when I started to come out of the haze of adolescence.

2/2

What you're rationalizing is either A) fucking with the machinery that makes modern, peaceful and prosperous civilization, all of our fucking non-fascists democracy even fucking possible, in order to get your jollies against a few thousand weirdos, or B) grossly misclassifying millions of your fellow Americans as the embodiment of evil.

I'm not a fascist, I'm a right-leaning libertarian and an American nationalist. Respect my pronouns, commie.

If it's A, you somehow obtained a political science master's without a clear understanding of *why* we treat certain rights as universal. Ask Berkely for your money back. Give you a hint, it's the same reason 60 million Americans quite literally believe that abortion is murder, but only about 50 of them ever bombed an abortion clinic. Doing so preserves civilization, even though it's very, very psychologically difficult to empathize with the outgroup.

If it's B, sit back and reconsider whether transgender bathrooms or gay wedding cakes are the most pressing issues in the world. Consider whether telling white people "you will be replaced by brown people, who all vote democrat" should result in any reaction other than "Gee, I like my hispanic neighbors and gay cousin, but I want low taxes and guns and free speech, and I sure don't like people laughing about existential threats to my children. Maybe I'll vote for the guy who wants to build a wall." It's possible that some people have different priorities or experiences.

Take ten minutes to ponder whether being told "You're a racist! It's impossible to be racist against whites! We'll replace you!" could possibly engender justified concerns. And then whether you want the only people willing to listen to those concerns to be the white nationalists. You could end them tomorrow by practicing this sentence: "I hear your concerns, and while I don't have any good answers, I understand and empathize with them."

But then, they're the outgroup. Fuck them, right?

Two things:

> political people will not change their opinion based off debate
This is a terrible meme and needs to die. People do not experience sudden, total worldview shifts from debate. But the effects of multiple debates, of just being around debate, that shit adds up. At the very least you humanize your opponent if you do it in good faith. Kids are not trained properly in debate or rhetoric in school anymore, so it's harder now, but never believe it's impossible. That's a black pill that the people in charge want you to believe.

> Nazis seized power
The Nazis had significant power in the reichstag and tons of actual sway over non-Nazis in government at the moment Hitler gained power, but they started with nothing. They had nothing for years; Hitler did hard time for his rabble-rousing. They obtained power because they were the only ones willing to fight back against the commies, who were burning buildings, rioting, and beating people.

There is one famous building fire I can't be arsed to look up which is thought to be the turning point. Some theories suggest the Nazis burnt it as a commie false flag. True or not, the commies were rioting and burning shit everywhere and the government either could not or would not stop them. The Nazis did. Want to stop the Nazis? Don't put the public in a situation where only Nazi street gangs are willing to stand up against threats to public order.

I oppose fascists and that means I oppose subhumans like you. Literally fucking kill yourself faggot.