Could I get some assistance on this life-altering decision?

I'm going to get a dog for my little brother for his birthday (he is eight years old and rather frail). We live in the countryside and coyotes are an annual pest so I was wanting a rather large breed. What breed of dog would you recommend for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F8WBtDc85_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pitbull

pros
nanny dog
very patient
good protector
very loyal
smart dog

cons
might love your brother to death

Pyrennes, big, fluffy, loyal as shit and bred to be guard dogs, will literally patrol your property at night if it's a purebred. Downside is it'll be expensive.

german -masterrace- shepard

Go to a shelter and rescue a dog. There's no reason to pay a kike breeder for a fancy purebred or anything since there's plenty of good dogs sitting in cages that just want to be loved. Spend some time playing with the dogs at the shelter and pick the dog with you like the most. I'd value personality over breed personally. And consider bringing the dog inside at night, since even a large dog can still fall victim to coyotes or wolves.

Spanish mastiff
Super protective, will kill anything that breaths and at the same time has patience with kids

Don't get it for your little brother. Get it for yourself. Include your little brother in the care and raising of the pet, but don't expect him to take to caring for your dog at least right away. Getting animals as gifts for other people, especially as surprise gifts, is a terrible idea.

That said you'll want a working breed of some sort if you want something that can handle coyotes.I'd suggest maybe an Australian Cattle Dog or Anatolian Shepherd. Coyotes will surround and kill a dog regardless of size if they manage to lure them into an ambush arena, so it may be best to train your dog to just scare them off rather than try to kill them.

a lot of German Shepherds have degenerate conditions passed down from too much inbreeding, joint issues, heart issues, so on, though this can be said for a lot of pure breeds these days.
user, why not take him out to the nearest shelter and find him a big, strong pupper that he likes?

Get an aussie shepard
Pros:
smart
loyal
friendly
beautiful

Cons:
hair fucking everywhere
needs a lot of exercise but you live in the country so not really a con for you

Great Paranese
Pros
Good around kids
Fun to wrestle
Good livestock animals
Beautiful white coat and best of all hates niggers and spics
Cons
Get bad arthritis in its old age

>There's no reason to have purebred children. There are plenty of fatherless black children who just want to be loved. Spend some time playing with your wife's son, user.

(You)

I just purchased a labrador for my small children, intelligent, strong and protective. There is a reason they make excellent companion animals.

Also this

Tibetan Mastiff. Coyotes? No problem this doggo go toe to toe with lions and bears

whyt do you mean when you say for your brother? An 8 year old person can't take care for a dog. It would be a family dog for the adults and also for him. Otherwise its irresponsible.
Its also not guaranteed that the dog likes the child. A friend of mine bought a dog for her 11 year old daughter. In the end the dog ignored the girl more or less but liked the other family members much more.

Good races for country living
Kuvasz, hungarian herd guarding dog
Howavart, german breed for guarding property but also family friendly
Russian Terrier
Boerboel South African race for protecting farms pic related

Also this, you should take the main role model in the dogs life.

Seconding an aussie, was my childhood dog and
I know I will never have a another dog that could even comes close to her, her is her at 14 yrs old

but only the eastern german line. They still have a straight back. The west bloodline is fucked

Boxer

Medium size, lots of energy, and I've seen one take down a deer.

Cons are how you raise them. Th eyre smart so they get uppity

German Shepard

Train very well, bond with kids, very protective, beautiful animals

As many have said in this thread, pure breads can be problematic. Holy grail is a part german shepard or part blue heeler mix. Frequent dog shelters and foster a dog before you pull the trigger. Don't waste your $ on a genetically inferior pure breed

Blue heeler

come on everyone wants the glorious german frogdog

3rd for aussies. they have very strong instincts too which would be good for the country. the only problem is their smaller size, and they won't back down from anything, no matter how much bigger it is than them.

i have one like 10 ft from me now.

WTF I love Black Alsatians now

owned two boxers and several other breeds of dogs.
Boxers are not smart dogs.
They were both so obsessed with balls i could have thrown one off a cliff and the boxers would have followed the ball over.

One day one of my boxers was sunbaking on the lawn. my 2 year old waddled up to him and with all his strength grabbed the dogs balls. I have never seen a dog leap so high from a horizontal laying position.

You should be asking /an/ my dude. They're the experts.

Newfoundland, gentle giant

fuck you pits are the nigs of the dog world

Rhodesian Ridgeback

got my dog from a shelter and hed kill for me. best way to go

Caucasian Ovcharka

youtube.com/watch?v=F8WBtDc85_4