Why the fuck do dry counties still exist in the current year?

Red = Dry
Yellow = Mixed
Blue= Wet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state

It's mostly just Cherokee tribes in Oklahoma and the Southeast because they want to prevent alcoholism

alcohol is degenerate and should be banned

How many Indians are left in Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, Arkansas, and Pennsylvania?
Look at that sea of yellow, that's all counties with at least one dry municipality.

Blue = beer at convenience stores. Yellow = no beer at convenience stores.

underage get out

why is salt lake county not yellow?

Yes, you can get "beer" at the grocery store there. 3.2% ABV beer. Anything else you gotta go to the State Store.

Not because of indians its because of Christians

t. Live in a dry city

t. Muhammad al-Baghdadi

>t. Live in a dry city
This is completely foreign to me... how does something like this still exist in the land of the free?

>Yes, you can get "beer" at the grocery store there. 3.2% ABV beer. Anything else you gotta go to the State Store.
Same here in Ohio, have to buy Liquor from a state store

In general America's liquor laws are bizzare and archaic.

Here you can drink whatever the fuck you want from whomever you want, caveat emptor

Humans have been enjoying alcohol for 10,000 years, alcohol is our friend. We wouldn't have had anything safe to drink without weak beer, before we knew about boiling water. Don't ban a friend.

>Drive through Utah on vacation.
>Get hotel after long day.
>Buy beer at gas station because, 'merica/
>Stoked I can do that, enjoy beer in hotel.
>Finish 6, feeling ok but far from buzzed.
>Read label, 3.2%
My country has fucking retarded liquor laws in some provinces, but at least we don't lie to ourselves and our government owned stores have fucking coolers. 3.2%? Give me a break.

Its one of the most frustrating things about utah. It mars an otherwise nearly perfect state

The rest is evangelicals I'm pretty sure

I live in a dry county. It's awesome. No public drunkenness, no crime, 100% white and the nearest liquor store is an hour away and the highway is stacked with troopers. It's also a resort town that gets thousands of tourists every summer so the lake/river is usually booze central then but it's pretty contained.

No beer or liquor sales at any grocery store or gas station

You can buy alcohol at a restaurant but you need a private membership

Outback steakhouse gives you a little business card and you sign your name and can buy beer

>REEE people enjoy life in ways I don't like

Yeah so what? What is the state if not a tool to weed out undesirables or at best keep them marginalized?

>libertarian meme flag promoting degeneracy and hedonism

imagine my shock

All those Eskimos making home brew jug in ak.

The constitutional amendment that repealed prohibition explicitly puts the control of alcohol into the hands of the individual states. Some states have very conservative areas so they allow them to restrict purchase of alcohol.

As someone from Michigan, I can personally attest that that map is complete bullshit. A dry county/town is simply unheard of anywhere I've ever gone in this state.

>none in Mormon Utah

well it accurately describes my state so maybe you dont get out enough or dont understand what the yellow entails.

Not true, here in Michigan literally every convenience store has beer on the shelves right next to everything else.

I actually saw more restrictions on alcohol sales when I lived in Minnesota for a while (separate stores for alcohol sales, no sale of alcohol on Sundays).

no beer in convienience stores is one possibility. the other is no wine in grocery store. the yellow is a spectrum of regulations while the red tends to entail no alcohol at all save for private memberships ie. country clubs etc.

Yeah, it actually seems like this map is like 20 years out of date.
The same Wiki page says the last dry town in MI voted to allow the sale of alcohol in 2007.

I think yellow might mean that there are some municipalities within the county that are dry. That's why so much of Texas is yellow, counties are rarely dry anymore, but the county and state let cities make their own laws.

I'm in Tarrant County (Fort Worth), and there's only one tiny dry section left I'm aware of, but the whole county shows as yellow.

Banning the sale of Alcohol is the most effective way to rid your county of homeless people

If you can't handle driving an extra 15 minutes to buy liquor you should probably end yourself

>Banning the sale of Alcohol is the most effective way to rid your county of homeless people
Does this actually work? Maybe it's not such a bad idea after all...

Fuck off. You are not welcome here.

no you're not welcome here you liberal faggot. its your mindset that led to where we are. 1776 is the cause of 2017. Kill yourself

Ethanol = yeast urine

Lack of Rain

Sunday sales were banned when I was growing up, don't know how it is now. Even if they restrict at certain times of the day (past 2am) that could be considered "mixed".

Not true

Coweta County and Henry County, Georgia convenience stores have liquor, but forbid alcohol sales on Sundays.

My county actually forbids alcohol sales between 12:01 Sunday morning to about 12:30 PM Sunday Afternoon. as 12 hour 29 minute delay on alcohol sales on Sundays.

I agree. Fuck alcohol, declare your independence from all substances.

This map is not accurate. It has the parish I am from in Louisiana is mixed but it isn't mixed or dry.

That map is bullshit my county is not dry nor semi dry and I noticed a dry county that's not designated.

Most dry counties have some sorta river/lake tourism in the area and it's dry to cut back on alcohol related drowning. Doesn't mean you can't buy booze the next County over and bring it in to the dry County.

Can you buy alcohol every hour of every day?

Yellow mostly means you can't buy alcohol (or sometimes just liquor) on Sundays. It's a holdover Christian cultural practice from when people would spend time with their families and try to be holy or whatever on Sundays.

baptists

I agree

There are no dry counties in Ohio, Michigan, or Pennsylvania, retard.

Prohibition has never worked.

All counties limit alcohol in some way.
the mixed vs wet is a retarded distinction.

Any state with an excise tax on alcohol is mixed at the very least.

Michigan here. Yellow = mixed. My city allows alcohol but the next town over is dry. It's stupid but voters can decide.

There's a difference between selling liquor at a store and serving it in restaurants. There are still lots of places that don't allow the latter.

In other words they have party stores but no bars.

Mississippi reporting in. Our laws are entirely fucked up. County by county it's: beer but not liquor, or liquor but not beer, or beer but it can't be sold cold.) And rarely on Sunday.

Baptists

where?
i buy liquor at the gas station all of the time in Ohio

I had no idea this was still a thing in Texas. Usually when I go to HEB, there's like 4 aisles just dedicated to alcohol.

it is their right to vote for it

I remember working at a construction site in Ohio (youngstown) and the corner gas station there sold alcohol 24/7 and had a gambling den. Shit like that is unheard of in Wisconsin.

I can get vodka on aisle 9 Mariano's in Cook county, Illinois, so I don't know how we're even partially dry.

Colorado seems the same since I've moved here. If you want anything over some measly amount, you have to go to an actual liquor store, yet that map would probably have you believe booze is everywhere here. One of the things I miss about Illinois.

Oxygen = algae farts

>There is no problem with alcohol HAH

>WHAT YOU WANT TO SMOKE WEED? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

e