Aus/pol/ - Same Sex Marirage Vote is ON

High Court has just approved the postal vote:

abc.net.au/news/2017-09-07/same-sex-marriage-postal-survey-greenlit-by-high-court/8881956

>The Australian Bureau of Statistics will start sending out ballot papers from Tuesday and everyone should have received their survey form by September 25.

>The paper will ask: "Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?"

>Returning the survey and participating in the ballot is optional.

>Forms must be returned by 6:00pm on November 7 at the latest and the result will be announced on November 15.

bit early cunt, all the usual posters are still in school

>implying they're not 27 year old NEETs.

I'm voting yes because LOVE wins

You lazy neets better get off your asses and vote

Daily reminder: Postal voting has the highest rate of fraud to the point France has banned it for decades.Look what was done in Austria.

You fucking poofs are getting poz'd.

Save your country ausfags. Don't let it become like Canada.

>he doesnt donkey vote

Hurricane is a lot more interesting than this shit.

>he doesn't want to see fags get btfo and the ensuing keks we will have after

I hope I don't wake up one day to see Australia going down the rabbit hole of leftist degeneracy.

I do have gay mates that care about the issue more than i do so i cant bring myself to vote no, wont be voting yes though

lads question time is so much funnier with the always sunny soundtrack playing in the background

>coalition using their authority to make Tony Burke stop whining for the 10th time in a row

Vote no
>i have gay mates
So what? they shouldn't be allowed to marry

It's going to pass, it always does.

29 cunt

You really can't talk, is this ironic given your pic?
Also we're both getting chink'd

t. fag

>ib4 fag flag had 50+ posts by this id and spams every argument with his 20 links that he somehow procures immediately

Hell is for ever sodomite.

Voting No

I want to make everybody know that if they send me propoganda in the media I will deny them their requests

Vote no.

This is as close to an aussie brexit that were gonna have.

Doesnt matter what you think about gay marriage. The real,vote is about whether you wanna see faggots radicalise and get. Shot by police for protesting.

Vote,no
For the keks.

Can your gay mates go and steal someone else's fertility rituals?

This, even if you think gays should marry you should vote no anyway.

lol so i can take part in a pointless waste of money which will have no weight in the grand scheme of things? No thanks, maybe if it was to address the growing corruption of our politicians, or the meth epidemic that is literally ruining lives and not some fags poor little feelings or even the trainwreck that is our nbn network that is literally costing us 2-4 billion dollars more than the labour proposal that would have put our internet at the number 1 place in the world, but no lets just throw millions of dollars about weather or not two fags can sign a piece of paper so when they get sick of each other they can split their earnings after the 10 year wait

No shit dickhead they wanted to pass it in parliament without asking anyone which would have passed but based tones said fuck the pooftahs lets make it as hard as possible

I do like how all the undecided people who will vote yes for the feels won't be fucked voting at all

It will be anti poofs vs poofs if poofs get btfo im celebrating so so hard

This is how I feel.

I also looked into it and there's very little if any special privileges offered to married people versus gays who are in civil partnerships.

I didn't look very far but from what I did see there's not a lot, if anything, they can't do besides having their marriage registered and considered lawful. That's just symbolic to me.

If you're still extended the benefits of marriage without the bureaucratic process then you're not missing anything except an official rubber stamp, like that stamp is meaningful to you and not the rights that are afforded from that stamp.

closest we're gonna get is the republic plebiscite when Shortnuts gets in and we BTFO his shithole republic with 65+ percent support for the fucking based australian monarchy

How based would it be if they drew up a bill of rights at the republic and we got free speech

I'm getting hard thinking about it

It doesn't matter about the money anymore or what more important issues are, it's happening whether you like it or not now and seeing how angry and upset fags will be if it's a no will be getting some value out of it

>freedom of association and business
>bake all the non-gay cakes you like

suck more politician cock you fucking retard

Marriage is symbolic to me

It symbolises a man and a woman's intent to create life

It's why I'll be voting no
I won't negotiate with sexual terrorists

God save the Queen

Damn, 27 years old exactly

>right to privacy enshrined in law

we have no freedom of speech and no right to privacy

its like we're a child the UK was getting ready to offload to China

trust me we're worse off

remind me which politician embodies the freedom of speech you monarch submissive cuckold

I'm very homosexual and will be voting no

You realise that us being a republic wont do shit for free speech right? all it would do is remove the final check and balance that keeps us from chinese colonisation.

This woman has too much territory, we need to stop this

oh right we'll just change the constitution and there'll be no discussion on whether we should include or remove other things like free speech

it'll just be about how you can't wake up and admit you're not worthy to self govern yourself like the untied states because you're a cuckold submissive

*This woman doesn't have enough territory, we need to fix this

I know its happening whether I like it or not, my point is why are people ignoring the fact that this issue is just a drop in the ocean.
There are much bigger issues that this money could be directed at, and yet all people seem to care about is if the gays can marry, forcing the governments hand to throw money at it to make the issue go away.
I mean its not like me and my mates are going along oxford st rounding up all the gays to throw them of buildings like they do in the mid east.
It infuriates me that people seem to think that they are oppressed in what is essentially one of the most free countries in the world so it makes them feel entitled enough to focus the political discussions around issues that are essentially non-issues.
The worst part is that a lot of people, especially at universities, seem to miss the point that this is just a waste of tax dollars and valuable time to be focusing on issues that are an actual threat to our nation, like China or the extremists in Indonesia and Malaysia

>putting it to a vote
I guess Aussie liberals are going to find out why they forced it in through the back door (har har get it) in the USA.
If it's put up to a vote, it will get voted down.

>implying I'm no 40yr old neet

I agree.

you underestimate the number of libcusks

what are you on about, republic or colony we are still going to be the vassal of a larger state. The only thing that being a republic does is cut ties with what is essentially our homeland to fully become the USA's 'dog' as those mussies put it.

*cucks
but i guess cusks too, fish that will just vote with the stream

PNG BTFO.

She eats babies too

People here that want a republic just suck Trumps cock and muh constitution. They arent really australians. we're better than the populist bickering of that shithole

Our liberals are the primary conservative party (confusing we know). They'll probably pass the legislation if the vote is an overwhelming yes. But otherwise the party mostly wants it to be a no. Theyre just polling opinion first, and they'll do whatever is popular to stay in for our next election.

And you underestimate the number of people who dislike gay marriage.

Most whites who aren't liberal look upon it disfavorably, and the overwhelming majority of minorities hate it.

I don't know what the landscape is like in Australia, but gay marriage would be absolutely blown the fuck out if it were put up to a vote in the USA.

>Most whites who aren't liberal
Yes, and while there is a low number of people very in favour, there are a lot indifferent and some of those will vote yes.

Debatable, i mean the whole discussion of this tread came from populist tactics used by the Liberal Party to placate the city people and the uni students.
Not to mention that that's how both parties have been getting in since Old Man Howard was ousted by Kevin '07 as well as why they have their inter-party coups every three years or so

:' ^)

I live in Melbourne and I think (and hope) that No will win.

The Yes campaign is banking on people who will not vote. All of the baby boomers and bogans sick of being chastised for no reason will vote No out of anger. In general, anger is a better motivator than pride, No just has to stay inoffensive and let the other side destroy itself.

If it were an online vote it'd be a Yes landslide, the conservative Liberals knew what they were doing with this.

Don't be silly even if the vote against it wins, some activist judge will just make it legal like what happened in california

I have a question,
if joe's religion states

> Leviticus 20:13 (ESV)
13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Does joe have an obligation to kill these people?

A religious obligation.
Weirdly the Jews don't seem to follow that one though

So do you genuinely care about the vote or are you just going to vote no for the sake of shitposting?

we don't have free speech now and we sure as hell won't get it in a republic.

Look around, everyone is trying to restrict free speech, not broaden it.

>tfw my mum told me i should vote yes
>tfw i told her i will
>tfw im gonna vote no

>But otherwise the party mostly wants it to be a no.

most of the cabinet are campaigning for yes.

Is it just me or is Tony Burke one of the most annoying people in parliament? There are plenty of more overtly annoying people but he is a really dull type of subtly annoying and smug. Pisses me off.

He goes out of his way to make a scene every session and has done so every time for so many years now. He is never on topic, he just wants the efame and never gets it.

>you verse the guy she tells you to worry about

Its not even that. That sort of banter can be enjoyable when some pollies do it. It's just him in general I think.

Not sure if I hate him or Tanya Plibersek more.

Or Penny Wong maybe?

Don't even get me started on the greens members.

I will not vote because i don't have a strong enough opinion either way.

If you don't have an opinion, just vote against the people trying to force you to have an opinion.

t. gun grabber

nobody in the chamber has any bants anymore except katter. its numale as fuck in there. scripted retards couldnt motivate a cunt with bali belly to take a huge green shit.

So, you?

Yes, me.

t. Smug "Yes" proponent

hes not forcing you

I'm going to vote no because homosexuality is a mental disease that is poisonous to society.

Masturbators, fornicators, and adulterers:
this message is for you too

We need another Keating, but less of a progressive Marxist.

Or maybe just get Mark Latham back in.

Every retard in here is screaming "Vote no" without giving any reason asides "Gas the fags, race war now."

My vote could swing either way depending on whether the effects trickle down to things like immigration. I feel that normalising same sex marriages would lead to eventual relaxation of visa limitations, a bad thing.

But i also feel that there are substantial benefits that our gay citizenry misses out on through being denied marriage status legally.

You retards are just retards being retards.

>Every retard in here is screaming "Vote no" without giving any reason asides "Gas the fags, race war now."
oh im sorry does someone have a gun to your head? no? then youre not being forced you retard

The yes voters don't have a gun to my head either, retard?

>inb4 i never said they did.

Then why make your post, retard?

>But i also feel that there are substantial benefits that our gay citizenry misses out on through being denied marriage status legally.

If you could list them that'd help me because I googled it and found nothing. I'm pretty sure it's just an autistic "I want to be legally married despite I already have all the advantages of being married"

This doesn'y apply in NT I believe where they're denied some rights.

I dunno man, politics always seems to drive Latham crazy. He's better out of the system fighting from the sidelines.
We need another strong leader like John Curtin desu

cute flag fag

Then you need to google the taxation/power of attorney benefits that are awarded only through marriage.

Marriage is stupid. Stay single. Stay NEET. Die alone. Blackpill.

I'm only 20 I haven't JUSTed myself that far yet.

cheeky

>Shut down so fucking hard the only response you can muster is literally a smug pepe.

Don't step onto the dance floor if all you know is the fucking macarena.

VOTE YES
O
T
E

Y
E
S

>hhuuurrr I aint voting

Just vote NO cunts
Even if it is just for the loling out loud when fags lose

gas yourself fag, koalacaust now

I can try my best to make a no argument that might sway you..

I can even try and make the argument starting from the assumption that gay marriage as an individual issue is not inherently negative or destructive (although I do personally believe it to be).

The point is however, it is not an individual issue. And to asses them accurately, people will need to stop approaching these type of new age social topics as if they exist in a vacuum. They don't.

Since the 60's, society has been changing dramatically. We've thrown away immense amounts of culture, tradition, heritage, pride, community and perhaps most importantly we've dismantlement the natural family, the cornerstone of any society.

So, we've thrown away the Church and similar institutions, numbers in community organisations are dwindling, no one practices tradition, we shun our collective history and there are people working within our community to actively cut off all our roots and destroy all heritage and tradition.

These same people are saying to you, "we need to allow gay people to marry". Are they right... maybe?
But when we consider their demand in light of all other recent social change, we see that this demand is not isolated. You've already had your culture wilfully destroyed without your permission, and the same people now demand that you let them destroy just a little bit more.

So lets say you vote yes, will that be the end of it? Do you think these people who have been working since the 60's will stop there. Or will they continue to attack any remaining piece of culture they can get their hands on?

In this light, it becomes an absolute imperative to preserve any piece of history, tradition and culture that you can. Because we've already lost so much.

Problem, Worst Zealand?

I did and when you're in a defacto relationship those rules apply everywhere but NT. Same sex defacto relationships already exist.

>The yes voters don't have a gun to my head either, retard?
>>inb4 i never said they did.
>Then why make your post, retard?