Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon gets 'woke' in new episode

>ew.com/tv/2017/08/01/sonic-boom-feminist/

>A recent Sonic Boom episode, which aired Saturday, July 29 on Cartoon Network, caught the attention of fans when the character Knuckles dropped some knowledge on the soccer field.

>“Can the young woman break the glass ceiling and prove once and for all that a female can be just as good an athlete as a male?” Amy Rose says in the episode “Eggman’s Anti Gravity Ray” as she stands in front of the goal post.

>“You know, Amy,” Knuckles chimes in, “anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo.” Staring back at his astonished friends, he adds, “What? Just because I’m a meathead doesn’t mean I’m not a feminist.”

In case you're wondering, yes, it's real:

youtube.com/watch?v=XC4vIBZkRSk

Someone please just put me out of my fucking misery.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c9ZT9CG7OWM
m.youtube.com/channel/UC616G9jxPXXuzAURRZMhJuw
youtube.com/watch?v=OpKWWpsVLtU
neogaf.com/forum//showthread.php?t=1415382
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cartoons are liberal propaganda all of them
thats why theyre for kids

i mean isnt that kind of a valid point? I mean the HURR IM A FEMINIST bit was fucking gay as shit but still.

>>>“You know, Amy,” Knuckles chimes in, “anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo.” Staring back at his astonished friends, he adds, “What? Just because I’m a meathead doesn’t mean I’m not a feminist.”

He's right though. You'd be for equality if you never heard a feminist again.

Sounds like a DA-tier fanfic.

I mean, technically, shouldn't he have called himself an equalist? If he's really championing for gender equality.

I imagine saying feminist just keeps anyone from being triggered, whereas saying equalist would open the floodgates for banning the episode.

After seeing how feral women become when they're given equality I'd probably be against equality now.

Imagine watching this shit with a kid
>dad whats a glass ceiling
>dad whats a gender roll?
>dad whats a feminist

you fucking serious and if i dont answer the kid just googles it later

fucking marxists

>new episode
>Aired in july

This is some really poor bait. 3/10 got me to click on Knuckles' picture from the catalog.

Too bad women are objectively worse than men at pretty much everything.

>himes in, “anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo.” Staring back at his astonished friends, he adds, “What? Just because I’

First of all what he says is false. It's implying both men and women are exactly equal which is not true. We may deserve the same rights but we're far from being exactly the same.

Secondly, what he acknowledges makes sense, but again, considering men and women are different it's deceivingly incorrect. Sure if you address the breaking of the gender roles that undermines the concept of equality but when the very concept is wrong the statement is false.

Lastly, the whole conversation is force and it's meant to indoctrinize children. If you ever watched the Simpsons you could see how they tried to promote certain values when Matt Groening was in charge but it was made by integrating it into the story, not like a comercial break.

Hearing those lines sounded very forced.

god she's perfect

don't bully sonic boom

Didn't it also give a shoutout to CWC in one episode? Sup Forums went nuts for like a week.

There's enough plausible deniability that chris chan didn't think there was any resemblance

>anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo

How does this make him a feminist when it clearly refutes feminism?

How did he refute feminism when his entire argument is built on the foundation that feminism is: That men and women are the same? Women breaking the glass ceiling is an exception and not the status quo.

I wannna _____

The whole joke is that they all look at him like he's crazy after saying that.
They're making fun of feminists.

They look at him surprised because he is always portrayed as an idiot but he just said something they consider smart

I lean liberal and even I think including this shit in a kids show is retarded as fuck.

Is all this is actual dialogue in a cartoon ?
What the fuck this is not cartoon dialogue, this should never be any dialogue in any medium.
It's terrible.

It is. That's the joke. The whole 'lulz gurl powah' nonsense that feminists spout in inherently anti women's empowerment.

Written by a woman, probably.

This. Not even trying to be subtle. Same with that Gumball scene.

Truly, a prophet among men.

m.youtube.com/channel/UC616G9jxPXXuzAURRZMhJuw

Ok wow I might have to start watching this.

>it's a Sup Forums has a joke fly over their heads episode

Of course, so many low IQ retards here.

>baby in a blender
IT'S AWWWWWRIGHT

Anyone who is not aware that sonic is a cesspit of autistic cringe deserves to be disappointed by this.

That's not my point.
My point is should a cartoon about Sonic The Hedgehog be commenting on current political topics in the united states ?
Does sonic go fast between political statements at least ?

Is it time to meme Sonic Boom to be anti immigration/Islam?

>
>My point is should a cartoon about Sonic The Hedgehog be commenting on current political topics in the united states ?
yes but not with a marxist agenda

it was written by a man and said by a male character so the people he was trying to pander to just complained about mansplaining instead

Why not?
The joke is that Knuckles is usually a meathead. By having him talk about sociopolitics in an elaborate way you betray the expectations set up for the audience. It's a good joke.

>the literal dumbest character on the show is a feminist
im okay with this.

wow

lol, male feminists rekt yet again

he was right all along

It's funny on multiple layers, because Knuckles is a complete retard, so anything he says or believes is to be taken with a grain of salt, anyway.

The perfect character to be a male feminist.

Fuck me i havent played a sonic game since the day/night one with the cool transformation on 360, i miss those simpler times

this isn't referencing to what I think it is, is it

>You will never have a thicc hedgehog waifu

The new game's pretty good, you should try it out.

You faggots do realize that the Knuckles is almost mentally retarded?
And he's the one being a feminist.

>the dumbass character is a feminist

really made me think

Jesus Christ Sup Forums how slow are you guys that you don't get its a fucking joke

hurricane irma disagrees.

Afraid i dont really play that many games anymore. The most recent console i have is a 360 that i keep hooked up for banjo tooie, ninja gaiden 2, halo 3, battlefield, call of duty, and a few others. I just found the sonic game, it was sonic unleashed. I remember this game was fucking drop dead gorgeous, the best graphics ever. In the day you were fast as fuck and at night you transformed and did more combat and traditional jumping across platform gameplay. Each level hub was based off a real place in the world. I remember there was an american level and in the hub world, everyone was fat and brown. The only white guys there was either a fag or a bitchy beta nu male. Sega knew exactly what they were doing kek. Glad to see that sonic is still doing well though, i have good childhood memories of sonic heroes and the like

Sarazins did nothing wrong. How's that for a joke.

>anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo
And you know why people still talk about gender roles? Its because it is an exception to the rule
How fucking difficult is it to understand that men and women are physically different and that affects how well they do at physical activities?

male feminist = thinks agreeing with the female will lead to sex

The agenda is so blatantly explicit and solidified now that (((they))) don't even try to mask it

NORMIE SCUM REEEEEEEEEE

get out

Why?

now that's what I call autism

reeeee

OYYY VEEEEY

speaking from the perspective of a father to a 4 year old daughter:
ive found one of the more difficult things to do is screening modern cartoons for my kid. i dont let her watch a hell of a lot but so many modern cartoons are agenda driven. i dont mind the shows that show the value in participation, accepting personal fault, or teamwork. and there are a few shows out there that are good for that. but these kinds of shows really disappoint me. i grew up in the 80s and early 90s so sonic/sega were a part of pop culture i enjoyed when i was young. nothing is sacred to this agenda. i find myself digging up or downloading old cartoons for my daughter more and more these days.
parenting the conservative way with all this far left nonsense in ubiquity is daunting. i worry about kids these days

Any cartoon recommendations for kids you've found are worth watching? I also just have mine watching DVDs from 90s era cartoons.

>Sup Forums 3 weeks ago thought this was funny
>Sup Forums today hates it
the other videos from that thread
youtube.com/watch?v=OpKWWpsVLtU

Rousey in her prime vs ANY male fighter in their prime... wouldn't end well for her.
There's a reason sports have separated men and women in sports. Same reason there are weight classes in boxing and whatnot: category like for like to ensure a fair competition.
Save for a few very rare exceptions women are physically less capable. Doesn't mean they're retards that can't do anything. It's dishonest to say the whole "anything you can do I can do" thing when you're talking about men vs women in a physical sense

Sonic is the redpill.

Asterix
LIttle Witch Academia
The adventures of Tintin

Is this real?

yes

underage redditors are unable to detect subtleties and nuances in satire and take everything at face value like straight asses.

I fucking hate reddit so goddamn much.

DON'T. CALL. ANYONE.

>Sup Forums is one retard

there were at least 10 retards itt by the time I posted that

KEK'D

>holy fucking shit the comments are cancer

some people are mad about this:
neogaf.com/forum//showthread.php?t=1415382

>Echidnas can only live 16 Years
>Reminder that Knuckles is
FUCKING DEAD

keeping in mind my daughter is almost 4:
spirit: riding free (its a show about a girl with her horse. haven't seen anything agenda driven. just young girls experiencing hardship and getting through it)
bubble guppies (this one shows a bit of (((diversity))) in the characters in appearance only. they never talk about it. they just play/pretend/advocate trying to better yourself. beware the catchy songs though)
aquanaughts (nothing ive seen pushes any agenda. It's about undersea adventures and solving crises)
other than that i put on older disney movies and shows (she loves snow white and dumbo), ducktales, gargoyles, bonkers, mighty max, pre-cuck bill nye (not cartoon but informative), and pokemon
i found adventure time cringeworthy but im okay with a few of the episodes that just show jake and finn exploring. i dont like the show but i understand the importance of keeping my kid somewhat up to date with modern stuff. if i snuff it out entirely it becomes the forbidden fruit and all they want to see. gotta be careful with that. i just screen the shows before introducing my kid to them or letting then watch.
again, it's VERY difficult to raise kids to be conservative minded these days. leftism is in their face all the time. im thankful my kid is over all a good girl. its exhausting doing all this extra reverse-leftism as often as one has to. im also thankful my daughter is blessed with an imagination and rarely asks to even watch a show. she likes to play instead. im lucky that way

>neogaf
>"""people"""

men and women don't deserve the same rights

Are kids supposed to BEGIN to understand anything the red guy just said? Probably better they don't.

Thanks for the replies bros. Hard times I agree

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. No joke.

funny that it seems even the far left crazies on neogaf first respond with "is this real"

>What? Just because I’m a meathead doesn’t mean I’m not a feminist.
He was right up until this bit.

altough the online culture is absolute cancer, i watched a few episodes with my niece and i see nothing wrong with it.

it's made for little girls.
The real question remain: why it created a such culture? What the fuck happened with those "bronies"?

Oh yeah, for sure. Keep your kids away from us at all costs, but the show itself is true excellence, even if certain.....poor decisions... were made by certain show staff.

no problem
another show ive been trying to find for ages to buy or download is mr rogers neighborhood
its such a great show for kids but I can o my find it on youtube. we watch that one together sometimes.
also i find that watching bob ross on youtube is great too. my daughter loves painting so i watch it with her. she loves it. we talk about what hes doing as hes painting. awesome father/daughter time on a rainy day

>why it created a such culture? What the fuck happened with those "bronies"?
autism

I always assumed it was because it was reaction image gold

"That's a bunch of bullshit replied, Knuckles. Men average out to be vastly stronger than women which is why professional sports are segregated by sex. If they weren't the women would get clobbered every time they faced a male opponent. Consider the game we are playing right now. Soccer has a tougher set of rules where you are allowed to run over your opponent if you touch the ball first. That rule was not just changed for the sake of keeping multimillionaire players safe from injury. In our friendly game, the women could not even play on the same field without getting badly hurt. Equality is the pretty dream they tell losers so they won't feel so bad about being inadequate at a particular task."

Actually yeah, I forgot all about Mr Rogers. Thanks for mentioning that!

>A recent Sonic Boom episode, which aired Saturday, July 29
>July 29
>It's September 7
Fuck right off with your shitty advertisement for your shitty "cartoon"