This is so true

This is so true

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yDqwlAU2QYs
nrcan.gc.ca/forests/fire-insects-disturbances/forest-need/13081
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>science will stop natural events that have happened for 1000s of years

And what exactly would that government do? Stop a fucking Hurricane?

i have a feeling that all these science memes are made by actual science illiterates. at university it was only the really mediocre people that were into "science". these people are just repeating buzzwords and have no idea what science really is

More windmills and shit

You imply government should finance your unsubstantiated programs at the expense of fighting the real threat of islamic terrorism?

So true

Technology is driven by demand not government. If you don't like fossil fuels don't buy them lol...

Too bad the democratic Houston mayor disagreed with the republican governors scientifically sound advice for people to evacuate asap

>Believes
>In science
The absolute state of a falling civilization of Mephistos children. Every Australian deserves to die

Govt believes in science and manipulates it to ensure that these things happen. "never let a good crisis go to waste"

Are those retards implying that we wouldn't suffer from fires, floods and other natural catastrophes if we all were driving bikes?

Harness the energy of wind until it fucking stop, sounds like a plan.
Potential for meme

I just don't believe one has to have a phd to have a bit of common sense.

OP is right
We need a government that supports science, like race realism and sex realism.

Oh that's right, I almost forgot

It's only "science" when the its politically advantageous for the Democratic Party.

Wind energy is inefficient and dangerous.
pic related: 2 engineers hugging knowing their only two options are burning to death or falling hundreds of feet.

no you dont. i was just pointing out that actual science literate people dont make and spread science memes

Well the hurricane IS trumps fault so...

powerful

You could try jumping on the blade on the left, hanging on, hoping it drops to the lower position then sliding down.

>Wind energy is inefficient
Not really, and it's getting better all the time.

I want the world to burn. That's why I voted for trump.

Isn't climate change science ALL based on a faked report from 1989? Pretty sure it is

Also this. People only know a surface amount after viewing the preview of An Inconvenient Truth yet act like they're climate scientists.
Ask what Al Gore is doing to better the environment in his multi-million dollar home.
Leftists are hypocrites using (((global warming))) as a meme to extort the taxpayer.

They caused this shit it the first place by fucking up the weather with cloud seeding.

It's still a fatal fall, I live in wind country in the US and have climbed one of these fuckers, you won't survive that.

Doesn't matter if their retard govt believes in climate change or not if they think the solution is the fucking PARIS ACCORD. fuck leftists are so dumb.

Plain weather/no rain - MUST BE CLIMATE CHANGE! DRUMPF!!

extreme weather/storms - BLUMPF!!! PARIS DEAL!!! HOW COULD YOU?

youtube.com/watch?v=yDqwlAU2QYs

That's a good point actually. The US is on track to meet the emissions standards set forth by the PA without paying the billions of dollars.
Win/win, I about had a stroke trying to explain why the world wasn't ending just because we backed out of some environmental extortion act.

Semi-retard here. How does ''global warming''/''and climate change'' even affect hurricanes? Isn't it just wind on steroids?

I'm sure fedora waving atheists are more likely to start a fire than Amish.

False dichotomy. God calls all men of faith to science. Atheists only see the materialistic side of existence. Believers in God know there is more.

Trannies

True. All those cities are non-white shitholes.

tldr rising Earth temp = higher ocean levels = climate currents disrupted = exacerbated weather events

Here's the gist from the GFDL who shill for climate change shit all the time but still can't link humans to it. (Sad!)
>Anthropogenic warming by the end of the 21st century will likely cause tropical cyclones to have substantially higher rainfall rates than present-day ones, with a model-projected increase of about 10-15% for rainfall rates averaged within about 100 km of the storm center.
HOWEVER
>It is premature to conclude that human activities–and particularly greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming–have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane or global tropical cyclone activity.
The earth has gone through multiple warming and cooling periods and I'm doubtful that humans are the main cause of this issue. Look at the earlier graph I posted and decide for yourself.

You'd think they would have harnesses and bungie cords or parachutes or something for this exact scenario.

>God calls all men of faith to science.
And he yet kills men of science.
Like any fascist he can only accept things of him, hence why he demands men of faith of science instead of the true and noble men of science.

They're in love with the IDEA of science but not what science really is.

Forest fires are good for nature.

you don't want climate deniers and creationists in charge of the most powerful country on earth? fucking libtard

they should take parachutes up with them seriously

Are there 7 mountainous states on fire by chance?

What has science to do with natural disasters and fires? What does this even mean?

Stuff it up your cunt, m8.

They're tied down when they're performing maintenance but it's to keep them from falling off.
They could bring up parachutes but most don't open in time.
The most common windmill (GE 1.5 MW) is about 200 feet tall at the tower.
The average parachute needs 600-1200 feet to open.
The math simply doesn't work.

No, they are not, but they can't be stopped so...

whats the fantasy her do you think scientists throw themselves on the flames and the fire magically disappears?
Is the fantasy that if hill dog won fire would or floods or hurricans are suddenly changing their minds?
You talk about science give me one scientific reason why the same shit would not happen right now under hilldog, i am waiting (for eternity i presume).

Read

neither have anything to do with running a country

what could a creationist do that would be a huge fuck up according to you?

fuck off reddit

the idea of science is the authority to dictate to others what's true, acceptable, and allowed. so, naturally, leftist are in love with the idea of being able to tell others how reality is. science is just a tool of authority they use to bash others heads with. to be fair though christcuck cowards do the exact same under similar pretense of using god as the authority as well.

people just want to control others

go a suck bill nyes genderless cock

Well yeah, I'm aware of the fluctuation in global temperature over the ages. How else would ice age and the ''global warming'' that followed be a thing. I just wasn't sure how it applies to hurricanes
thanks

>No, they are not
Yes, they are, user. They stimulate new growth by clearing out old growth. Also, regular smaller fires prevent massive ones by limiting the fuel. We've been doing it wrong for years. It's better to let the fire burn and just protect property and lives when needed.

also sage yourself

Sorry I misinterpreted that. Other user got it pretty well.
I'll try harder next time Micky

ok how about this

a rope that is attached to the side of the windmill by velcro. as they scale down the rope, the velcro will release more of the rope so it doesnt get tangled in the rotors

or just a series of that shit rock climbers use to hook into

Lmao, I'm not in charge of the windmill commission user.
I'm sure there's a push for it to be safer after that pic was taken and those dudes died (one burned, other fell to his death).
Pitch it to GE, maybe you'll get rich.

>They stimulate new growth by clearing out old growth
Old forests have far more diversity and compexity than new ones. A fire destroys an entire ecosystem and the procces has to start all over again. This is neither good nor bad but old ecosystems are far more interesting and diverse than young ones. And if endangered species live in the burned forest they are obviously wiped out.

Hurricanes need a strong microwave beam directed at them.

Fires need an anti oxygen bomb/or ray,
but I don't think it should be developed!

My twin brother is an arborist and I can get him to chime in on why this is bullshit if you guys want.

I'm not gonna wake him up for less than one (you)

Probably depends on the forest. The problem here is that 200 year old endemic trees and ecosystems die and shitty eucalyptus begin sprouting while the ashes are still smoking.

>science will stop natural events that have happened for 1000s of years
>stop

Stopping Yellowmountain from erupting is not possible, it can be diminished to some degree, but still, we're literally 200% FUCKED.

Yes, we really are mother fucking goddamn fucked when that thing erupts.

North America suffers the worst of it, and the rest freezes to death, including plants.

tl;dr Metro 2033 will happen for real minus the mutant monsters.

>A fire destroys an entire ecosystem and the procces has to start all over again
nrcan.gc.ca/forests/fire-insects-disturbances/forest-need/13081

i'll bite

by all the means

>massive hurricanes after 8 years of obama
>guys it's because you didn't vote for my democrat candidate half a year ago

uhm no sweetie

>and shitty eucalyptus begin sprouting
But this is the natural procces, first more simple and endurant species appear and slowly the complexity of the system grows until it reaches the maximum capacity and stabilizes (old forest).

What's there to bite? It's a known fact. Also, ash is an excellent fertilizer.

>Diseases eliminate weak trees and give new species a chance to thrive
Sounds familiar

what about those flying squirrel suits

I'll gather up all 52 genders and we will definitely do that.

>ash is an excellent fertilizer

it has no nirtogen content whatsoever. it's a good soil supplement but without a source of nitrogen plants are fucked.

Aright I'll call him up. Give me 10 minutes, he's almost certainly asleep so I'll have to ring him a few times.
Wingsuiters usually wear parachutes to land.

Can we get this global warming shit in Minnesota already? It's too fucking cold up here.

Except eucalyptus drain all the water and erode the soil leading to desertification.

your point being? "fires stimulate new growth", what's the point in "new growth"? an old forest is technically "stabilised" meaning it won't grow more because all the energy and resources available are already being used, after the fire everything starts growing again until you have another old forest. I can't see how it is "good", it's just natural. All fires caused naturally are natural (not good nor bad) but fires caused by human action are bad and should be prevented.

This is beacuse eucalyptusdoesn't belong here, it's an invading species. It's like the Hungarian boars which are bigger than the Mediterranean ones and are slowly causing them to disappear and damaging the local ecosystems.

Fire is good, because it cleanses various diseases. Also, maybe, stabilises flora and fauna (doesn't allow some particular species to dominate etc.)

I woke him up and he was pissed but reluctantly answered my questions because he loves me and owes me 100 favors
1. It clears underbrush. In dense NA forests the lowly underbrush leeches nutrients from tall established trees, most forest fires are low intensity and benefit older, more stoic trees.
2. Water supply. When the more dense useless underbrush is cleared local streams are losing less water and can support more wildlife. Thus a more diverse fauna.
3. Kills nigger insects. Most invasive species such as the asian longhorn beetle are incredibly sensitive to heat changes, thus forest fires actually keep their population in check. Try getting bit by one of those fuckers and tell me it's not a good thing they're dying off.
4. Fire dependent trees. Some trees depend on forest fires to repopulate and use the heat to open their seeds. Notable examples are jack pine and scrub oak among multiple species of flower that feed and rejuvenate local pollinators.

I don't understand the whole "climate change" movement.

Everyone has been so heavily indoctrinated by grand wizard John Oliver who they have, for whatever reason, elected as the chief authority on climate change that they laugh off any other position or opinion concerning climate change but if you step back and just think for one second about what the movement is about you realize that the entire thing is fucking bananas.

What is the end game? To control the weather? To freeze time? The weather changes. The Earth is a living breathing thing. We have measured across time the dramatic changes that the Earth has undergone. Ice ages, extinction events, continental drift -- we know all of this to be true. So what are environmentalists trying to do? Stop the natural progression of the Earth's life cycle? They purport to be "one with nature" and place humanity within the environment but by this rationale they take mankind OUT of the environment and even place it ABOVE the environment and say "we are going to control this, we are going to contain the weather and keep everything the same". They sound like fucking Bond villains.

Have you ever seen a mountain? How do you think it got there? That's right, massive tectonic activity. It just happens -- it's how the Earth and every other planetary body works. The map did not look the way it does today a million years ago or a million years before that and it has been changing dramatically over the last ~4.5 billion years -- why should it change now? This campaign to keep the sea levels from rising in places and receding in others, this campaign to try to somehow reduce the amount of catastrophic storms... it's all pointless.

The entire thing is fucking insane.

>it cleanses various diseases
maybe certain diseases, but yet again, diseases are not bad, they are natural just like the fires

>stabilises flora and fauna
No, it's the opposite, the fire entirely destroys the stabilised ecosystem meaning everything has to grow again until it reaches the point of stability.

this, and #4 is definitive proof that forest fires aren't great nor terrible but rather an eventuality or part of the ecosystem. take B.C. for example we had the great autistic idea to never clear cut or control burn in the late 1900s before it was too late and now we have the province in flames. kind of ironic because we wouldn't control burn due to the residential areas at risk, now they're guaranteed at risk and it's beyond our control.

You are talking about small scale fires in North American forests (the oldest with the largest trees). I was talking about the shit trier forsests we have in the Mediterranean, even a small fire burns everything since the trees are far smaller and younger.

The forest fires in the Med are started by the mob to clear out land and defunct natural preserves for business enterprises.
What the fuck does that have to do with natural climate change?

>Science will fix everything meme

I saw how the Canadian government stopped the fires with science from Africa the other time, it worked so well.

>storms and wildfires didn't exist until Trump was elected

Controlled burn is the only way to prevent them while still stimulating the ecosystem. It just gets environmentalists panties in a bunch.
Ironic really.

>Minus the mutant monsters
You already have those on the streets.
They're called trannies

>mfw it blows while I'm alive

>>

>having faith in science will prevent hurricanes
>but faith is God is wrong

they won't even tolerate removing the dead growth or clearcutting to prevent large scale fires despite adding more money to the economy or job growth. they literally throw all logic and benefits out the window over fucking scenery.

Wow, whether there is weather or not, it proves climate change! It really makes one think!

Forest fires have been burning for literally trillions of years. If an endangered species lives in an area that gets forest fires and doesn't know how to survive, it's probably an invasive species and should go back where it came from.

LOL. A gummint that believed in science would gas people like you. Maybe it is something to pray for after all.

It's too bad really.
BC is a beautiful province and it's all going to burn to the ground.
Same thing happened around my lake in ON in the 90s, still have burnt trees floating around the bottom that I catch fishing lines on constantly.
Ever since then the local logging companies have been paid to cut the shit out of the local forests.
Only reason it's economically stable in the region.
They use all the trees to create wood pulp.