What is your opinion on wanderlust...

What is your opinion on wanderlust? Especially women seem to think they are wiser and smarter than me because they discover the world. Isn't this lust to wander just a simple blue pill created by Jews? Explore all cultures and welcome the refugees and have interracial sex and relations btw I'm a newfag

I've traveled more than most of my peers and I've yet to actually gain anything out of it other than the ability to tell people I'm well traveled and can tell people what I thought about that place. I've never had some sort of "eye opening spiritual experience" so maybe I'm doing it wrong.

You are not doing it wrong, traveling should be a hobby where you can get some insights from, but for a lot of people its mere virtue signalling

Objectively speaking it is a huge waste of money and time that should be spent on raising a family, and it doesn't automatically make you a better person or really challenge you in any way unless you make it a challenge.
You're not an intrepid explorer, you've got a GPS and a smart phone and can buy pre-paid SIM cards with data everywhere and draw cash from ATMs and all over the world young people speak English. Travelling is the easiest it has ever been.
It's fun to travel, but the "wanderlust" people mostly do it for bragging rights, exotic pussy/cock and signalling, oh look at me I'm so cultured and well travelled...

>What is your opinion on wanderlust?

I had it.

> Especially women seem to think they are wiser and smarter than me because they discover the world.

The concept of the Grand Tour, where young aristocrats or the learned would travel to the great cities and see the sights, appreciate the work of the ancients, that's really old.

It was so big and ongoing it produced a shit ton of art, as the travelers would want to bring back what we'd call postcard art, but on a grand scale. This is why every museum has a Canaletto or Guardi.

all women want to do is have well liked Instagram pictures

Sounds like ancient blue pills

With the internet, google earth etc travelling is hardly insightful. At best you'll realize that the realities of life are pretty much the same everywhere in the world. People die, eat and do shit.

I think the people who are top-tier are the ones that build things in their own communities. The man who cultivates and works the land writes the page that these hipsters go around to "read".

I swear that pol must be inhabited by the most unfun faggots around.

Muh blue pills, muh red pills. Muh Vietnamese finger painting board, tell me what to think

If I didn't know how shit the rest of the world is I wouldn't have as great an appreciation of just how well I have it back in the U.S.A.

It's fucking retarded for people to think they can experience what each part of the world has to offer in one lifetime. The tourists traps people attend don't actually represent the surrounding area, they exist just to take shekels from good goiym.

What about bicycle touring? It seems to have a bit more substance than "I flew to some city and walked around my hotel for a few days"

As long as they do not brag about it or push via social media

/n/ pls go

Travelling is ok when you're with kids and you want to show them some fun summer vacations. If you're over 23 and are still travelling every summer without a career, you need to grow up and sort your life out.

>visit every tourist trap in every destination
>oh, I'm so enlightened

You have to live there enough to get a sense of the zeitgeist, simply visiting isn't gonna do it

This is just females being females.

It's funny to watch their reaction when you point out that excessive travelling (especially by plane) is bad for the environment.

Travelling is not an accomplishment, it is an activity.

I know a girl who travels extensively throughout the year, she'll come home and live with her dad, wait tables until she has 2 or 3grand saved and go couchsurfing and backpacking somewhere.
I don't care but I was at a party with her the other day and the cunt made some swipes at me for living at home still, and later one about me working shifts, like fuck me for working and having 50k saved while she has to wait tables and beg for tips so she can put off having a real job for another 6 months.

Being in another country is cool but I'm not properly relaxed away from home, plus other countries are full of dirty foreigners anyway

I've met with and hosted a lot of cyclists, they've all been cool people, better than hitchhikers though most of them have been alright too.
Funny thing is everyone I've hosted has had some stereotypical experience with jews/muslims and 3rd worlders which wouldn't surprise Sup Forums at all.

Tell her you have 50k saved up and be prepared to show proof. Watch as she suddenly takes interest in you

>Isn't this lust to wander just a simple blue pill created by Jews?

I've been to the US, Norway and the Balkans several times over and I'm a patriotic, redpilled individual. I enjoy learning about new cultures and I try to behave as a native when I visit, but in no way did it make me hate my country, what kind of special ed fucktard would have this sort of reaction when travelling

This desu,when i travel i go to hot exotic places to lay down in the sun,eat and drink all i can and relax for a week or more.If i want a cultural experience i can use the internet and read up on it.

People use shit like this to justify going to third worl shitholes, spending thousands of dollars of the banks money that they have to pay back. Pretenbding that Thai culture is ~amazing~ and the food is ~fantastic~

Sad.

Travel can be fulfilling and rewarding but the shallow consumerist way that it's engaged in by millennials largely robs it of that meaning.

You don't really sound like a blast either you prissy cynical faggot

its blue pill, yeah. you learn nothing from travel really.

This, tbchwy. I mean aside from awe inspiring scenery, both civic and natural, and being impressed with the outwardness of everything and everyone, you don't really get, like, the extraordinary spiritual 'clay' you might have been looking for.

Living in another country is different, as said you get to peel away the mask of first impressions. But quite frankly, those experiences just brought me back more than anything else, as in you yourself become the center of ruminations born from those circumstances. As some faggot once said, every trip is secretly a return. Heh.

It's just a bunch of white women who realized how dull they were and they think they can spice up their life by going places. My aunt goes on vacation all the time and would be considered cultured, but her husband left her regardless.

People think if they pronounce something the way a local does they are intelligent.most of these white women are just overcompensating for a severe lack of personality

I don't need to prove anything to anybody pal, and I wouldn't want her anyway; she's the free-spirited liberal artsy hippy type.
It was kind of funny, at one point I could tell she didn't know where it would all end and deflected by saying she'll come back and just kind of roll into a 50k job. It's probably why she took shots at me because she knows I like order and routine and she knows I've probably got a pile of gold stashed away. She'll definitely be a cat lady spinster type in a few years

those women only travel to places that are comforting to them , they dont see shit. If they want to read the ''book''' for real they should go to places that are ugly to see the worlds true face. You wouldnt see anyone travelling to eastern turkey or middle easts poverty ridden regions because there is no tourist attraction there but there is the actual knowladge there to gain from travel.

This was true before the internet, now not so much

There's still something to be said for experiencing a location physically, but I have experienced more of the "wide world" than probably 70% of my ancestors just through the web

this. i used to love to travel and i still want to travel more but damn, i have to leave my house to do that shit.

>travel
>most of the time exhausted from travel
You arrogant vapid cunts that think that going from airport to airport means something big but can't explain it CAN EAT MY DICK.

I've traveled a lot and lived in a number of countries, including some shit holes. My biggest conclusion is that large scale immigration is a terrible thing. One culture always eats the other.
Seeing the asian flood completely consume a country and it culture was fucking eye opening.
But I don't think most women are coming to the same conclusion.

I've been all over Europe (UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands) and a bit of Asia (Japan, China, Korea) and I spent a month+ after college driving across the USA with my buddy, plus I've been to Canada, the Carribbean, and a few other places I'm probably forgetting.

I suppose I'm glad I had the experiences, I certainly don't regret them, but all in all I'm happiest in the USA and I see no empirical need to travel. It's not necessary in the food-clothing-shelter scheme of things. And in this age of the internet, with video, text and other documents available from around the world, you could arguably learn more about any spot on earth from your computer than you could from visiting it in person.

Also, there are many places I will never go, and the list grows all the time. As a 6' 3" male caucasian I will NEVER travel to any location in Africa, the Middle East, most of Asia, most of South America and central America.

All in all, travel is highly overrated. My favorite part of every trip is when I get back home.

Good for taking you out of -- and excluding you from easily returning to -- your comfort zone.

Good for making you realise that England is a uniquely depressing pit and that life in parts of Portugal, France, Spain or Italy is cheaper and easier as long as you don't mind working the fields a bit.

Every time I travel I just have imperialist thoughts and a lust for spices. I'm not sure what women do other than take pictures of landmarks.

what if ive read the best page, and what if people get robbed, raped, and killed if they read the other pages?

why are you being so page-ist? check you page privilege, shit lord

Same here

My fiance wants to backpack across Europe next year. I'm a total square who likes organization and steady paychecks, so the prospect of dropping everything and going on an adventure is not appealing to me. We will probably end up doing it though, because love makes you do stupid things.

Women travel to rack up 'experiences' (i.e. special snowflake points and rides on the cock carousel)

Women nowadays are very narcissistic and none of them carry a single ounce of wisdom, don't confuse their toxic pseudo-intellectualism with wisdom.

Women don't travel the world for the sake of experience and simple leisure, most of them travel so that they can fornicate with hundreds of local men, they are desperate for attention because all of them are insipid career women who think they world revolves around them and expect men to take complete care of them when in reality they don't need a man. Career women are deeply anti-social and bitter.

A major indicator of a whorish woman is her love for traveling, go look up stories of retarded women traveling to st Tropez, ibiza, Cancun, the Greek islands etc all that these women do is get drunk and turn their vaginas into all you can buffets.

Women wanderlust is just code word for slutcation.

Male wanderlust is for adventure.

Both groups are just leisure class millenials though.

My oneitis is going to Japan in a year..do you think that is what will happen? I fear for her because she's already in england and england is filled with niggers and arabs
She's quiet but I know she's dissolute deep within

she's gonna get riced, those nips are gonna be all up in her umami

You make me feel very bad, she's a fan of the animes too. I know I will never satisfy her...

you need to move on, she's taking superior nippon steel.

But seriously, I'm sure you already know that getting hung up on a woman is always a bad thing. Try to throw yourself into something else with the same kind of fervor

You can't have a society that has it's youth blow all their chances to procreate and develop themselves by having piddling 'adventures' in Thailand and god knows where else.

My girlfriend is from Singapore and saw a white girl selling postcards in Malaysia to fund her travels. How is this fun? It's pathetic.

Travelling is a great way to build confidence and learn, but if a 25 year old British woman is sleeping in hostels and visiting clubs across Europe, then she is garbage.

>I've yet to actually gain anything out of it other than the ability to tell people I'm well traveled
this. My dad was in the Navy and I grew up moving every 2-3 years and have lived in 5 different countries--not visited, lived in. the roasties who go on and on about traveling are just stupid bitches wanting to travel to egypt only to take a selfie with the pyramids in the background and make a post about it on kikebook. travel is way, way, way overrated

Women alone abroad will only be hit on by literally every feral animal that she comes across. It isnt a real sprititual experience other than a realization of the power her vagina can have over weak men.

Men who travel must forge their own path, however, and craft experiences that help shape them as human beings.

In short, women have no agency and lack the mental capacity to reach any type of philisophical conclusion about the world, whether she visit siam reap or she drives 20 minutes to get her nails done at the salon.

I know, but honestly nothing has made me feel the same way since she left

Holy shit there are other people in other places with different lives?!?!? Gotta go interject myself !

See how enlightened I am?!?

manifest destiny is real shit. I've lived in different countries and states all of my life (I'm only 23) dude to my dad being in the military.

I'm much more intelligent than my un-traveled peers, and often get comments on my cadence, diction.

>I'm much more intelligent than my un-traveled peers, and often get comments on my cadence, diction.

>Sounds like ancient blue pills

You don't even know what words mean anymore.

>With the internet, google earth etc travelling is hardly insightful. At best you'll realize that the realities of life are pretty much the same everywhere in the world.

Spoken like someone who never traveled. What you will actually discover is how fucking sheltered you are at home from the "realities of life".

You haven't seen even a percentage of the misery of a third world nation living in Finland. The comfort and isolation of the west is what lets the average lefty think "we're all the same", just like you're saying. Seeing starving children on the streets beat a dog for fun doesn't happen here. The violence, thieving, rape and stone age justice is outside the reference frame of the average westerner. Having to bribe cops and officials being routine leads to misunderstandings that get happy go-lucky westerners killed, because they think the law matters.

>It's fucking retarded for people to think they can experience what each part of the world has to offer in one lifetime. The tourists traps people attend don't actually represent the surrounding area

Spoken like an average american who will never own a passport. There are wonders to be seen as well, that you can't understand vicariously. Standing in St Paul or in the Pantheon and knowing some history, doesn't translate into film or pictures. You can't grasp the vastness and beauty if you don't see it.

You also don't appreciate how threatened most of the western canon is until you step out of one of those historical places and it looks like you've existed into an African nation.

Traveling isn't one thing. Where you go, what you see, what you do matters. If you just spent the weekend wasted and took a snap at the Eiffel Tower then no, it's not worth it and you didn't learn anything.
The question is; are you as dumb as a 20-something girl?

I like travelling. I'm planning on going to Taiwan in two years and cycling around the coastline, I don't really travelling to relax and do nothing I can do nothing and stay at home if I want to.

>You haven't seen even a percentage of the misery of a third world nation living in Finland. The comfort and isolation of the west is what lets the average lefty think "we're all the same", just like you're saying. Seeing starving children on the streets beat a dog for fun doesn't happen here. The violence, thieving, rape and stone age justice is outside the reference frame of the average westerner. Having to bribe cops and officials being routine leads to misunderstandings that get happy go-lucky westerners killed, because they think the law matters.
And? Everybody knows that happens you didnt discover shit.

>Spoken like an average american who will never own a passport. There are wonders to be seen as well, that you can't understand vicariously. Standing in St Paul or in the Pantheon and knowing some history, doesn't translate into film or pictures. You can't grasp the vastness and beauty if you don't see it.
you listed more shitty tourist traps. good luck "standing in the pantheon while meditating on history and philosophy" while there are over 9000 loud and rude chinks and mudshits running around, yelling to each other across the room, trying to carve their name into anything wooden, and throwing trash everywhere.

traveling is overrated by far

>Funny thing is everyone I've hosted has had some stereotypical experience with jews/muslims and 3rd worlders which wouldn't surprise Sup Forums at all.

Could you give some examples? I'm interested in what normies have to say on this topic

Women travel to find themselves (some dick), it has nothing to do with self-improvement or desire to be more cultured or anything of the sort. Sometimes I fantasize about walking across the United States but I know it's unrealistic for monetary reasons.

More like foreign dicklust.

>Everybody knows that happens

Evidently not you fucking retard.

>you listed more shitty tourist traps

I've done both.

>good luck "standing in the pantheon while meditating on history and philosophy" while there are over 9000 loud and rude chinks and mudshits running around

Not a lot of muslims in St Paul you dumb nigger. Or any of the historic christian or western canon places. You'd know that, but >american education.

You'd also know they're almost all deserted off season and early in the day, which is when you'd go. If you knew anything. I've been at the Parthenon with about 10 people in total. It was a great experience. Only interested, dedicated people there at that time and place.

> traveling is overrated by far

Let's be honest though, you wouldn't know.

This dude said it better. It's just all about sex. They just want some dicks inside them.

>Let's be honest though, you wouldn't know.
see:
and shove that ad hominem up your ass, sweden

you're absolutely right
now fuck off

A waste of time and money

t. used up spinster

If you want to travel because you want to travel, fine, go right ahead

But if you travel and act like your some kinda explorer and how you're enlightened? You're a fucking idiot.

A woman I know is going to Havana later this month, why the fuck would you travel to a country where you can't even drink the water? Instagram posts.

I work a job that has many tourists come shop.
>be tourist
>Just spent thousands of $
>Didn't escape a single one of my problems like the TV Jew said I would.
>All my problems are internal and I took them with me.
>Thanks to globalism and HollyJew everywhere is increasingly the same.
>MFW they just spent massive $ when they could've been this miserable at home on the cheap.

>t. Travel agent

>shove that ad hominem

Whinging about adhom on Sup Forums? Are you serious? Fucking laughable. Go back to where you came from. Take your made up stories with you.

my gf really wanted to travel. she wanted to travel with me. a tuk tuk driver tried to molest her. i befreinded a local and we tracked him down and btfo him with all the locals. the locals beat and spat in the guy for daring to manhandle a taken white woman.

we had a great time, but i can tell you that 80% of people travelling are single/alone and DTF. mostly its just after chad austraillians tho.

Lol why is some snownigger going to St. Pauls? Your kind have always been dumb heretics or heathens

Do all of the tourists think they are wisefags?

One girl was in a car alone in Turkey and the driver tried to rape her and wouldn't let her go, but she managed to escape. People getting robbed at gunpoint while riding in a taxi from the airport in Sao Paulo, literally less than an hour after arriving in Brazil.
A couple that were staying with a jewish guy in Australia and he had copies of the keys to the local supermarkets' dumpsters so he'd go and pick up all of his food and groceries from there since the shops have to throw away expired items.
A guy was in some SEA shithole staying with some wealthy family, but even they had rats which were biting his toes at night and 10cm cockroaches in their house, he screamed in horror and his host got mad that he woke her up over nothing.
Every time I have to feign surprise at hearing these stories.

Wanderlust is just escapism. It's for people who lead boring lives.

Travelling can be great but you need to really think about what you want and book a trip in line with that. For example, don't go to Europe unless it's a family trip or you're under 25, want to backpack & smash whores. Don't go to North America if you want to see exotic things or experience a new culture - it's for entertainment, road trips, and snowboarding.

>You haven't seen even a percentage of the misery of a third world nation living in Finland. The comfort and isolation of the west is what lets the average lefty think "we're all the same", just like you're saying. Seeing starving children on the streets beat a dog for fun doesn't happen here. The violence, thieving, rape and stone age justice is outside the reference frame of the average westerner. Having to bribe cops and officials being routine leads to misunderstandings that get happy go-lucky westerners killed, because they think the law matters.
Lefties should go to Cuba for a vacation. It's simultaneously the funniest and most depressing place I've ever been.

>Spoken like an average american who will never own a passport. There are wonders to be seen as well, that you can't understand vicariously. Standing in St Paul or in the Pantheon and knowing some history, doesn't translate into film or pictures. You can't grasp the vastness and beauty if you don't see it.
I've seen nearly everything worth seeing on every continent and this isn't true. The only amazing places have been natural or modern. Europe is babby's first travels and a truly disgusting shit hole.

This guy gets it. These days I can't travel for more than 2-3 weeks.

Your black list of areas is pretty retarded though. I only got around to Africa/South America when I was in my 20's - I was bored of travelling at the time but these were good. Backpack & cycle South America but do Africa 5*.

Yeah, this hits home. Just use different places for different things that you can't do or see where you live. Travelling itself has no inherent value despite what some people believe.

do it with her dude
every guy ive known including myself who didnt go along ends up being cheated on and left once she gets back

Cuba is a massive red pill. It's a pretty unique experience. I didn't like it but it was interesting.

Caymans are way better.

I'd like to travel and do some survival trekking in Australia or some other wild part of the world
Does that travel have any benefit?

I've never heard of survival trekking. If you want to do it, go for it. What I'm saying is don't buy into meme trips that aren't appropriate for you. If you want to go trekking with a change of scenery then do it. I did cycling because I don't normally, I got to see more, and most nights I got to experience a town/city.

I know some people who've done Kokoda Trail and the Amazon. If you want to trekk, I'd go somewhere more appropriate for it like those two.

if i had a lot of money id visit lots of places on the globe that get my dick hard , like nigger falls , mt everest , aztec thingies , rainforests , safaris , strayaland etc.

>You haven't seen even a percentage of the misery of a third world nation living in Finland

spoken like someone that has never lived in finland.
you have traveld all over, but never seen your backyard properly, typical

wanderlust is something that only pampered rich westernized women partake in

they only want to see the positive side of other countries and ignore the negative so they can post pictures of themselves smiling on social media to gain attention

the world is hell outside of the 1st world

There is nothing wrong with traveling in my opinion. But because we live in the Facebook era, most people travel to quirky or odd places just to get likes on their social media pages. That being said, the best way to travel is to read a few books about that country's history and culture beforehand so you can appreciate your trip.

If you think about it, travelling is a super-charged way of gaining life experiences. So, it entirely depends on what you experience when you travel. You need to get out and do things to gain the experience. You can also get the experience in your normal life and in your home town. There is plenty to see and do in your own backyard.

Having said that there is no way of challenging and appreciating the social norms and culture of where you live without going to a different part of the world. It's like a mirror that shows you the good and bad in yourself and the world you live in. So, if you have never traveled to another part of the world you should at least do it once when you are young. You don't have to spend 6 months of the year backpacking. Just invest a month of your life to seeing the world and it will serve you well throughout life.

Traveling is the biggest fucking meme in modern culture. The information revolution destroyed the pressing need to travel. You can get an unlimited first hand look at any area of the world now on the internet.
Not only that, but it takes a good month to really start to feel what daily life is like in a particular area. These faggot ass college kiddies from middle America who think they are cultured because they spent a day at Macu Pichu and toured a church and castle in Europe outta be lynched. Fucking niggers.
Even worse are the fucking shit bag cunts who rally against the west but then take their western blood dollars and go live like an expat king in poorer Asian countries, displacing locals. Cancerous fuckers. Someone outta go buy a machine gun and just starting assassinating every white faggot at every sex bar in South East Asia. May as well take down the local government, too, since they are all involved. Meanwhile the USA parks a fucking battleship in the bay because herp derp we can't let the drug runners make money.
Just go watch videos on youtube took at popular tourism sites in Europe to get a grasp at how fucking clueless and ignorant these tourists are. And it goes both ways, of course. Why these Asian niggers are so obsessed with riding around in tour busses just to stop and take a fucking photo in front of a waterfall in the USA is mind boggling. You don't have waterfalls in fucking China?
I would fucking NUKE every cunt magazine and company that keeps enticing people to waste their money on travel. Fucking losers.