Is it really that hard to become a legal citizen of the US?

Is it really that hard to become a legal citizen of the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

us-immigration.com/blog/how-long-should-a-us-citizens-sibling-wait-to-get-a-green-card
usa.gov/become-us-citizen
uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-9934.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes.

No.

Expensive, yes.

I had a friend who married a Canadian and he was always giving money to the government to move her visa forward.

been waiting in line for 14 years, meanwhile they prefer stupid cholo illegals giving them amnesty

Why bother when it's so easy not to be one, not paying insurance or taxes.

Probably, goverment workers are fucking slow as shit

of course you are commie
kys degenerate

It should be harder. Actually, no, citizenship should be hereditaty only.

Is this a feet thread, should I dump my folder?

Would you be legal, then?

>It's hard to fill out an application and take a test
>Loser NEET dropout
Yeah, it can be thousands. My wife's mother became a citizen.
>14 years
LMAO bullshit. I've heard of it taking 6 months to two years, at the most. Someone's shelfing your paper work. Did you piss someone off? You might want to get someone to investigate your case.

>They want illegal criminals
No. No we do not. If you're going through the legal system to get in, we want YOU, buddy. Not them.

>Is it really that hard to become a legal citizen of the US?
No anyone can just come over here illegally and our jew ran govt will defend them. It's only hard if you are a white person to get to America. Everyone wants to come here and pretend to be oppressed for cash handouts. Once saving grace is at least when it's over they'll all die off. Not like they can do anything on their own.

tfw no ageplaying waifu, why even live...

Also any suggestions for a based educated leaf to move to the u.s?

Fuck yes.
>Tfw anglo with ancestry dating back to 1600s in Virginia

>LMAO bullshit. I've heard of it taking 6 months to two years, at the most. Someone's shelfing your paper work. Did you piss someone off? You might want to get someone to investigate your case.

the first year of obamas presidency he punishes mexicans and indians extending an emigration reform saying basically that if you are mexican or indian you will have to wait 14 to 18 years for an appointment at uscis

The fuck, if that's true, wouldn't it be faster to immigrate to another country and then get in through them instead? I know that's a hassle but 10+ years...

yes, but as most of mexicans living in the border i have family that is american, my dad, mom and sister are in fact american, im the only one left in tacoland

marriage

VERY expensive and complicated if you do it without a lawyer. You mess up one line on one of the 500 pieces of paperwork you have to fill out and you need to start over.

Well there you have it. Obama wants to punish legal immigrants and support illegal immigrants. Is there any more proof that Obama was trying to destroy the country all along?

>b-but that's racist!
Yeah, no. A nigger is really a nigger sometimes.

Not really.

>Beneficiaries who belong to Mexico and India need to wait for 17 and 20 years respectively.

here is a little more information if you like to read about your immigration laws

us-immigration.com/blog/how-long-should-a-us-citizens-sibling-wait-to-get-a-green-card

usa.gov/become-us-citizen

On a scale of 1 to 10
1 being stoop sitting dindu and 10 being get your G.E.D. it's about a 6.

The hardest part for most is staying out trouble for some reason.

Its as difficult/costly as it needs to be to ensure we get quality people coming in. I personally don't give a rat's ads what your heritage is, so long as you do nothing shy of contribute greatly once you're here.

13 years on avg. Unless you qualify to join the military, then its automatic upon completion of 4 years service. Typically these people are either US territories like Phillilines or well vetted refugees.

No, it's not nearly hard enough in fact.

i knew it the first year he was in presidency, he punished mexicans doing legal immigration and told people from el salvador that they didn't have to wait, he even sent planes to get them to the us... really baffles my mind trying to understand what was he trying to do

See, people would respect spics more if those faggot illegals waited like everyone else. But noooooooooo, muh illegals are citizens according to liberals.

Phillipines...dammit

Shit, thanks.

Honestly that makes a lot of sense. Why would he put a hold on all legal immigrants but provide a fast track for illegals?

Not necessarily. In fact, some have an easy and streamlined path.

Read Section 319 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-9934.html

For example, expeditious naturalisation is granted to spouses of foreign service officers, military, and DoD contractors stationed overseas.

Virtually impossible for 99% of white Europeans

>Phillipines...dammit

Still wrong.

>The REAL racists
piss off, wrong board for you

it's impossible if you aren't rich or have close family that are already citizens.

If you are white from Europe give it up.
If you are a nig or a brownie you have a decent shot

not even if you have a dad that is american, i have to wait 20 years to be with my family in oklahoma

No.
Anyone who tell you otherwise is a poor illegal shithead that can't do shit on his own.
A good job will sponsor you and eventually you go from there. It will cost you a good bunch of money, but residence is easy to obtain within a year. I hear marrying a citizen makes things a lot easier/faster, but only poor fuckos do that.
Afterwards, you just need to wait a few more years and you can apply for citizenship.
The system was designed to accept quality individuals who have the money to properly integrate into society, not fucking shitheads who sell corn in the street.

Hell no.

all your worthless mother has to do is drag her disease infested twat over the line and shit you out screaming into the sand and all of a sudden your a fucking American.

the system was rigged by obama to make it so difficult for legal immigration while granting amnesty and programs to illegals, it does not accept quality individuals it only accepts criminals, at least from the mexican side, and you wonder why so many gangbangers and illegals are criminals, well there is your answer

Not automatic. You have to go through the same process everyone else does. If you work with your 1st Sgt they will help you but you can enlist, serve, and not become citizen if you don't apply.

Ironic since 90% of immigrants are manlet brown mexicans and other 10% are millionares.

Guess Americans are just in love with browns.

If you're white, yes. You don't take Europeans anymore because apparently white skin is a no go in your country.

We're not, but the corporations that effectively run this country are. Easy, incredibly cheap labor, health of society be damned.

I don't know if trump removed the ability to marry in order to gain citizenship but worst case scenario, if you want a future for your unborn kids in America, have sex with me. They'll be mixed race because I'm black but I'm also a decedent of two native american tribes.

Come at me Sup Forums

I never wanted it to be like this between our nations
Slings and arrows of outrageous fortune indeed these days

What a bunch of bullshit. You sund like a public worker chanting his state's mantra.
The system has been designed by the dem to make it pretty much impossible for whites to enter the country while brown and blacks subhumans can flood it at will, and will get legalized once there, and that's why you are less than 50% white now.

join
THE
MILITARY

So all the black people born here would be citizens. I appreciate your love of diversity.

You can't join the military without having a green card first, unless you're Mexican.

They don't like to take citizens that would actually help the country and not turn it into a third world hellhole that is headed to

that obama was the biggest mistake

Wonder who's behind it?

Your meme Presidents since forever

I don't know how it is in the rest of the border, but here if you are not white or show you have wealth, you are sub-human garbage, treated as such, and I'm glad it is this way.
Everyone worthwhile at the very least has residence already, anyone else are either illegals or poor morons that can't afford it.
The reason illegal browns can get citizenship so easily is because they sneak in and have anchor babies. Once a fucker has a "fully legal baby citizen born in the united states", they can get whatever they want because separating them from their children or sending the kid back would be "wrong".

If you're a high-value, then it is easier to get citizenship in the US. I mean people with degrees and shieet.
You need a green card.

You wanna play bitter but it's just another episode of Women's Suffrage: Humanities Greatest Mistake

My friend's brother was illegally here for 20 years, he simply made a marriage pact* with a bitch and he got his papers

>he offered the bitch a down payment on a car in exchange for marriage and citizenship

Just invest $500 000 and you're on the fast track, easy.

No, they literally don't pick that many Europeans, high value or not. White skin is almost a no go unless you're a millionaire and invest there and create jobs

Damn right I am bitter, I've dreamed of living and working in United States but they don't pick me unless I get really tanned or become a millionaire

No. Knowing quite a few legal immigrants that became citizens (one being from Serbia, another Hungary, another being an entire family from El Salvador), the consensus is, it's pretty fucking easy.

nope, i think it was 2 or 3 years back that obama stopped that initiative, i was told by my lawyer that they stopped considering mexicans with bachelors degree, so no luck for me, now im studying a masters, maybe that will bring me luck

Get a travel visa for vacation.
Find job. Go back get work visa.
Now legal resident.
Be good boy not get in trouble, naturalization mext step.

Marriage works too

I know extended family members that have done it. Its not exactly hard just time consuming and expensive

Why did your lawyer say that? Did the US not value your bachelors degree enough?

Sure you can. That's why we have a shitload of filipinos in So Cal
Just be under 30 and able bodied. The military buys you like a horse for four years and you get moved way up in the line almost to the front

looks like a mexican bachelor's degree in mech engineering isn't good enough

/thread

You don't /thread yourself, newfag

No you can't, period.

/thread

Ah, well, GL on your masters. I myself am aspiring to get a masters too.

>The system was designed to accept quality individuals who have the money to properly integrate into society.

Not entirely correct. Investor immigrants who have $x available to start a business get some preferences over the moneyless, which is why you see a lot of immigrants owning franchises. Then there are those who hold special skills such as doctors who get some preferences.

However, the system is rigged heavily to favour family members (adult siblings, adult children, elderly parents, etc) of those who have already naturalised. Annually, roughly two-thirds of legal immigrants are admitted into the United States because of family ties. Why the US wants to import a lot of elderly people beggars belief.

Countries which have a points-based system, like Canada and Australia, are much more tuned to bring in those quality individuals you mentioned. I think there are some immigration reform advocates in the US campaigning to revise the system along this line.

I don't get how people call it hard or expensive. Granted, my wife is married to a US citizen, but it really doesn't cost much if you complete all the paperwork yourself and you're willing to put up with bureaucratic shenanigans.

ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

Disinformation

Depending on where you live, it can actually be pretty easy with a green card lottery.

>The lottery makes available 50,000 permanent resident visas annually and aims to diversify the immigrant population in the United States, by selecting applicants from countries with low rates of immigration in the five years prior.

Czechs for example have it very easy, because we don't leave that much compared to other countries. I would probably get it if I wanted to.

yeah, bachelors are worth much now, its like a highschool diploma, it only gets you mcdonald's jobs, masters are the new norm for looking for a decent job

complete disinfo. congrats!

Not really a surprise, considering people are getting bachelors degrees left, right and centre these days.

It literally is as easy as going to cuba and then taking a small boat to miami and they give you amnesty because of that wet foot dry foot law. Fucking dumb.

Come to the US. Bring your papers, and walk into a recruiters office, and I guarantee they will do everything related to getting you into the military and citizenship. I smoked my first Rizon cigarette that I bought off a South Korean kid right before I went to bootcamp, and my roommate for the night was a Chinese citizen that was joining the Marine's the next day.

Uncle Sam always appreciates more meat for the meat grinder

If you do it legally, no.
My significant other was here on a green card. Decided rather than renew it again, she may as well go ahead and become a full citizen. Submitted the application right before Christmas. One trip to an immigration office about 25 minutes away at the end of January, one more trip to the office to take the test the first week in March. She was sworn in the same day, a few hours after taking the test.

I think it ended up being $600, and the whole process was easily under 90 days. It couldn't have been easier, I really don't think.

It was more of a headache updating her driver's license and social security card to reflect the name change. Asians have a habit of westernizing their names and you get a 'free' name change when you naturalize.

like candy, like lowering grade levels to include minorities is going to fix problems, it only gives rich folk more money

You need permanent residence, though.

>However, the system is rigged heavily to favour family members (adult siblings, adult children, elderly parents, etc) of those who have already naturalised. Annually, roughly two-thirds of legal immigrants are admitted into the United States because of family ties. Why the US wants to import a lot of elderly people beggars belief.

Give thanks to the old Southern Democrats for this. They only agreed to accept the 1965 immigration act if family reunification was prioritized over employment when granting visas.

They thought that this would minimize any changes to the racial composition of the U.S., because whites totally don't race mix, ever, do they? BIG mistake.

yes amd we let illegals in to fuck it up even more for those who do it right. I know people who had to wait 10 plus years and did wait 10 plus years so they could do it right.

That's why I hate illegals, they think they deserve it more than honest people who do things the right way. It's disgusting. I 100% deporting and banning anyone here illegally from reentering after which we make the process easier for those who have been waiting.

This won't happen though since Trump is giant fraud but it's a nice thought. Immigrants don't bother me, just ones who come illegally because they feel entitled.

>waifu
>not husbando

Make a friend at a bar and use theirs. My recruiter straight up told me that, and that's how I got in the Army while being homeless. Just sign up for a phone or get mail sent to the address. It's not hard

No you don't. I know a few people that did it during the Clinton years. All illegals at the time. Recruiters took them right away.

I'm the poster who a moment ago talked about his significant other.

This image infuriates me. There isn't "6 to 12 months of processing delays".
The people at Immigration Services could not have been nicer, the wait times never exceeded 5 minutes, and I almost had whiplash from how fast the process went.

If you go through the process legally, 6 months would be considered a long wait.

Is it really that hard to make dreams come true?

And do it legally? No, it's not hard if you're determined

Alright, since everyone in this thread is a retard US guy complaining about immigrants or people from other countries speculating, let me drop some first hand experience I am currently going through. Specifically, through marriage, known as a K-1 Visa at first.

It took me around 7 months (average says 5-6) to get the Visa approved (to get in the US, though I already had other visas that allowed me to get in the US as a tourist) to enter the country and get married. With other bullshit before and after, it was about 10 months total to get in the US and get married. Next comes the process of legalizing my status in the US, known as an Adjusment of Status (AOS), this takes almost a year on average as well, to get the famous "Green Card". At that point, I will be a Conditional Resident in the country. After about a year, I can apply to become a permanent resident, not sure on the time on that considering we haven't gotten there yet. After that to go through Naturalization I seem to have to live here for an average of 3-5 years.

So all in all, I estimate the process will be done in 5 or 6 years. I'd say the cost so far has been at least 4k, not counting tickets and other expense related to moving and rent all that, just the costs to the immigration so far, and I'm guessing it will be a few thousand more.

I'm Brazilian if it matters. The process is by no means "difficult", but it is selective unlike what people here must think. They will check your life over and over and it seems the true basic criteria is having some decent level of education and enough money to be able to actually live. For example, to apply for this next step I must prove my husband makes at least 21K a year, not counting my income or any outside sources. It's nothing terrible, it's just what you'd expect for an average person to live here. Other things like me speaking English are obviously required.

>yes amd we let illegals in to fuck it up even more for those who do it right.

A lot of people fail to appreciate this. The agency has limited resources, and when a lot of those are tied use dealing with queue jumpers and deporting people there a fewer resources available to deal with those who comply with the law.

The result is they feel like suckers, and they tell their friends and family back in the homeland to disregard the law because they too can be Dreamers or whatever the next iteration is called.

Understand this: the Democrats want to destroy the system, so any means that accomplishes it is fine by them. They don't two shits about those who comply with the law. They want people who will ignore it because that progresses the progressive agenda.

fuck you im determined as fuck but legal immigration is so fucked up for mexicans, unless i cross illegally, then i can have a shitload of programs and amnesty, free gibs and shit, college education, jobs, university, housing all that shit for breaking your laws

>White skin is almost a no go

Quit lying - 10% of all naturalized US citizens are from Europe every year. Its likely more about supply than demand

tits or gtfo

continued:

Another thing is I see a lot of people who seem to think "those damn emmigrants are gonna just leech off of government benefits". Here's something to you then: I literally can't. I am required in fact by law to prove multiple times that I will not become a burden to the state in any way.

Another detail I forgot to add, is I am unable to work as soon as I get in and marry, but you do receive a card that authorizes you to do so usually within a few months (assuming you did the Adjustment of Status application)

tl;dr : Have money, speak english, have a decent level of education. Then it's filling form after form, handing cash over to the government many times and eventually you'll get there. If you don't have enough money, have poor education or don't even speak English, the fuck are you moving to the United States for anyways?