Large Hadron Collider

>took 13 years to complete
>cost over $9 billion
>running for almost 10 years
>doesn't produce anything
>doesn't generate anything
>doesn't generate income
>ZERO practical discoveries

Can we all finally agree that bullshit projects like this serve no other purpose than to line the pockets of science bitches and give them something to jerk themselves off to?

This shit doesn't help anyone at all. The discovery of the Higgs Boson hasn't bettered the lives of anyone.

The money used on this colossal waste of time could have built bridges or roads or improved infrastructure.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out there were Jews behind the construction of this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2juWLWmVOQ&t=52s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olkiluoto_Nuclear_Power_Plant#Unit_3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP is a nigger.

often had the same thoughts myself.

It will eventually. It will be so big that the world will literally end, just you wait.

if its so useless then how come theyre building another one?

That money could have been used to colonize the moon and Mars.

Idiot. They are harvesting antimatter for the next arms race. Radiation from nuclear explosions is mainly from the trigger reaction. Using antimatter to trigger fusion is much cleaner. Step one. Obtain antimatter.

>doesn't generate anything
You're forgetting about the hole it ripped in time and space that got us into our current timeline.

op's dick is so tiny, the LHC can't even detect it

>ZERO practical discoveries
Discovery of the higgs-boson might eventually lead to anti-gravity propulsion one day.
If Faraday or Maxwell had a particle collider in their era, we would have alreade colonized our solar system.

What is the proposed method of generating/"storing" a moity that annillates everything it comes into contact with? Magnets? I'm guessing magnets.

>non-expert pretending to be an expert
faggots like you should be shot

Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Its cool tho, unironically we are trusting Japan with storage of what is collected at Cern. Their track record is impeccable both in trust and in safety procedure.

My goodness, OP. This thread has to be the stupidest thing I have read today. The large Hadron Collider is contributing the the understanding of the Universe. If this is not of any importance to you, great. But the rest of us would like to have a grasp on reality, instead of staying as dumb as you Ameritard.

Spotted the arts degree

NUKE ISRAEL

the money would have been better off going to this oldfag
>>youtube.com/watch?v=J2juWLWmVOQ&t=52s

The scientists are the modern priests and clergy

just like in the past they convinced the rulers to build useless temples to usless gods

these scientists built this useless temple of the religion of Scientism

>>doesn't produce anything
>>doesn't generate anything
>>doesn't generate income
>>ZERO practical discoveries

Lmao, if you think so pal

It makes Anti-matter for the fourth generations nuclear weapons.

You can call it nothing if you want.

Butt-hurt wannabe science fags detected. And I didn't even need the LHC to do it!

To waste more money, of course.

>might
>eventually
>one day

Great argument Hanz. Unfortunately it's much more likely that your country will become the next caliphate before that happens.

You're smalltime

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olkiluoto_Nuclear_Power_Plant#Unit_3

>The construction of the unit began in 2005. The start of commercial operation was planned for 2010,[15] but has been pushed back several times. [16] As of August 2017, the estimate for start of production is December 2018. [17]
>According to some estimates, Olkiluoto reactor could be the fifth or sixth most expensive structure in the world,[citation needed] even more expensive than the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.

mfw I get digits and the Hadron collider opens the rift and it finally Happens

t. brainlet

Wrong. They are the magi unless you refer to scientology but that isn't really science. Then they are secular priesthood.

>let's bitch about an insignificant $9 billion used to possibly discover advanced knowledge instead of the trillions wasted on bullshit.

The US military budget is $598 billion 9 billion really isn't that much and it gave us a lot of knowledge about atoms, we don't see the effect of that know but like all science you need to get the info before you van do anything witch it.

>implying the elite care about spending 9 billion
>implying they will share their discoveries with plebs like you

You tell em guys! People who oppose the State Science Institute are just against progress!

"Scientism" or "belief in science"
Everyone who unironicly uses these terms should be killed on the spot.

Science has no moral value itself, sience is a tool. Such a thing cannot be called a religion under any cercumstances unless you talk about "science".

yeah, i bet you would be happy if those 9 billion dallars were used to build 1000 mcdonalds instead

kys faggot

It creates the elites portals to saturn's pole

the eggheads better work harder on nuclear fusion and stop asking for gibz for their vanity projects

"science" as it manifests is a belief system, taken to the extreme of religious status

What could possibly go wrong.

It's much worse than that.
It's purpose is nefarious.

>test something to see if or how it works
>the same thing as believing in untestable supernatural entities

Kingdom of man and kingdom of God, faggot. Science helps us understand the former, religion helps us understand the latter.

1000 McD's wouldn't have been 9 bil down the toilet.

it CAN be talked about in religious context, though.
>do you believe in a higher power?
>"science cannot prove a higher power, so no"
example of science being used religiously

lol nigger, they should cut dem programs
trillions of dollars wasted to fucking niggers that only kill and rape each other and then blame some cop if he puts one down

> Not invented here syndrom?

This, although religion helps us to sleep better and philiosophy helps us to understand the metaphysical(or kingdom of God how semites prefer to call it)

God damn. The hate & defensiveness is crazy in this thread!!

Everyone says OP is a faggot, but still hasn't really answered anything. I'm all for research & trying crazy shit, but OP does have a point. I always thought it, but just wanted a real answer. Not the constant, "You don't know what it does?! You're a fucking moron" or "It uses magnets to make data to research or whatever. Trust us, someday it will prove its worth."
Etc. etc. etc. It's funny. Because they are just as stupid as me, but are more rude about it.

the indians worship the cow

it doens't mean the cow doesn't exist and doesn't have value

They should be given to immigrants in order to help them become productive members of society. Fuck your racist science.

Not all things need to produce material wealth. Knowledge is just as valuable to humans, if not more so.

>"science cannot prove a higher power, so no"
I have never implied the people who say such things arent braindead.

Do you really want to call atheism religion?
Atheism is the confused and temporal state of man

Wut?

I work with the LHC and I agree completely. It's a total waste. In fact I know this much better than you.

>us military
>cost trillions
>cant win against chinks with pitchforks or sand people with outdated weapons
>only produces death
>exists only for the pleasing of your jewish masters

Fuck off, LHC is important
Wendelstein also will get us closer to Fusion

"Well other things are a waste of money, so THIS waste of money is ok".

Yeah, no. Fuck off with that bullshit. How about we try to eliminate ALL of the wasteful spending, including the absolutely useless LHC.

>but muh mysteries of the universe!

LHC isn't solving shit. It doesn't produce anything that matters to 99.99999% if this planet. You might as well take a bunch of peyote and state at the fires to divine the mysteries of the universe.

Damn you guys are worse than beta fag, white knights. You're never going to benefit from this shit and you'll never be a scientist no matter howmany Wikipedia pages you read.

There are ways of physically testing that cows exist.
>I think cows exist, so let's find examples of them existing
>here is a cow that I can observe via my physical senses, my hypothesis was correct.

You can't do that with the metaphysical. That's literally the main defining attribute of the metaphysical.

>Assuming we live in a heliocentric sphere planet system.

Maxwells equations need the ether to work.

They would've been puzzled and confused at the ass quackery that is physics now.

>that six gorillion cock stare

Brainlets are literally such proto-humans.

>$9,000,000,000

FUCK. that money could have been used to help poor muslim refugees.

Yeah fuck (((science)))

>religion helps us understand the latter.
HAHAHA religion helping to understand anything kek this is what Christfags actually believe

>This, although religion helps us to sleep better
>believe in God or burn in hell forever
>helps you sleep

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH you godfags are pathetic.

Science is the religion now. Perfect virtue signal for godless faggots.

But tell me /pol...is math related to science?

Classic Finnish business making

Math is like time, it's a made up concept.

90% of all research in all of history have never been goal driven. It was just "what does Y do?" "What happens if I do X?"

PET Scans
NMR
GPS
Your newest graphics card
Your SSD
Your Smart Phone

the list goes on forever. None of the prerequisites were discovered with the purpose of "finding this thing that will make my satellite/computer work"

You are shallow and lack foresight.

It would be nice if they discovered a way to make an implosion bomb, but you know, dreams are only just dreams

This. OP is a faggot, as per usual.

>godfags
No mate, religion sets strict rules for your life so you dont really have to think about your discisions, so you sleep better

>Science is the religion now.

Science is a method for understanding the natural world through observation and experiment, you dumb cunt. It's as much of a religion as information technology is.

First of all who is paying for this Large Hadron Collider. Government shouldn't waste a penny of taxes on this shit.

So if it's not tax-payer funded they can build whatever they want imo.

>No mate, religion sets strict rules for your life so you dont really have to think about your discisions

Cool if that works for you. But I like to think.

Whoa!

Can you link me to some nigger smartman that will shatter all my nasty racist prejudice shits about niggers being equal to whites, proving that after 5000000 rappers, 5000000000000 ball players and 50000000000000000000000 criminal thugs, one nigger scientist makes up for all of it, especially when he isn't an actual scientist but rather insufferable smartass pandering to his braindead estrogenized impressionable agenda-driven liberal scum audience.

Sure such man must exist.

I need to know how many football fields something something something science analogy and also how many olympic size swimming pools something something retard-level analogy, and also of course, something something "x times around the equator".

Military Spending in the United States. In fiscal year 2015, military spending is projected to account for 54 percent of all federal discretionary spending, a total of $598.5 billion.

go fuck yourself

You should stop jerking your ding dong over a measly $9 billion spending on science over 13 years when you know that governments waste a lot more money on lot more useless shit. And even if the things they discovered will never yield any practical applications, it will still have been worth it just for the knowledge itself.

I'm not here to educate you, read a book faggot.

Kill yourself McGuiness, science today is 100% ideological, agenda, political tool.

In my world, people who liked "I fucking love science" or subscribed to V-faggot estrogen soyboy or that degen twin brother I forgot the name...those people should be killed.

It's not about science as being inquisitive and curious. It's about science = show me how to make fun of these stupid right wingers.

Simple.

What if it's being used to suck away all the good spirits that inhabit the earth?

Can we make it that americans trying to comment on science just get an automatic permaban?
Its really not worth my time to scroll past that shit every damn time.

No. The trouble with the LHC is that it's studying very high energies, that only exist in the universe near the time of the big bang, and in large colliders. It's against the laws of physics for an LHC discovery to have any application at energies attainable by any technology except colliders. So it has no possible application. Indeed very useful solid state physicists decry the money wasted while they can't get funding. Anyways all research should be privatized -- Google Intel and SpaceX want to make discoveries more than the government anyways.

Time is a measurement of a change in entropy.

Entropy and its change is real and not made up.

Science is for assholes like you that learn pointless made up shit just to give yourself some self importance. You're transparent and (((science))) is your religion. People will believe anything if you tell them it has been (((scientifically proven))) by (((experts))). You dumb german cuckold.

>science today is 100% ideological, agenda, political tool.

Let me guess: JEWS!!!!

>people should be killed for liking a facebook page or watching a youtube video

hahaha fucking retard. They don't have to show people how to make fun of stupid right wingers. Your post is evidence of how fucking stupid you are. Grow up, you fucking faggot. Nobody cares about how mad you are at a fucking Youtuber or facebook page. Get a fucking life and stop getting angry at retarded, irrelevant shit. Otherwise you'll end up lonely, angry and bitter.

What if it's the world's largest and most advanced onahole?
>Fuck yea, take my large hadron, bitch! hnnnng

dude play half life this shit is real life black mesa

You're fucking pathetic, science is literally your religion. Look how defensive you get when someone simply challenges your views?

Science works, bitch!

I understand your point of view. But completing our theory about particles can lead to a unified theory about all physic regimes and thus helping in other areas. And of course the research might be relevant directly in a few thousand years.

You might say : "Why do I care what happens in 2000 years?"

Well, no research might ever benefit you in your lifetime. So who cares how long it takes until it is useful to know about those things?

This is an investment into a generation that is yet to come.

are you nerd virgins summoning demons over there?

>Discovery

We already knew about it through math. All it did was give us something we could see.

>Science works, bitch!

All im saying is that you need to be more skeptical about things that have been "scientifically proven". There's many biased studies out there that say that, when in actuallity a lot of the info is fabricated to fit someones agenda. You need to wake the fuck up potato nigger.

It's a huge structure that takes particles and speeds them up to near light speed and smashes them into each other. From a science point of view it's one of the most amazing things we've done as a species. We are recreating on a small scale what creates elements, planets, and life.

As to any tangible benefit to humanity that is yet to be seen. What tangible benefit did flying to the moon achieve? It's all about how you look at it.

why do we need to build a half life teleportation machine when all we needed were dubz on a Filipino cartoon image board?

>"scientifically proven"
If they have to go out of their way to label it so, then it likely isn't so.

>wants to kill faggots for liking youtube videos he doesnt like
>all I'm saying is b-b-b-be skeptical

kek I'm sure it would benefit me greatly to accept advice from you, lad.

>doesnt generate anything

>>wants to kill faggots for liking youtube videos he doesnt like

Where did i say that? Seems like you're drunk potato nigger

Are you still waiting for half life 3 OP? Good news is the wait is finally over very soon!

A couple thousand years won't change the laws of physics. Or a couple billion. More generally progress in unified theories is almost pure mathematics and it can proceed without building colliders. It's that mathematics that helps other areas and math isn't helped by colliders. Anyways, why take the money out of poor people's pockets to fund the investment? Let the rich pay with private funding.

>time from entropy
Please don't say this -- time is not that simple. At least we don't know it's that simple. If you've studied relativity and QFT you know time is something of a mystery. We treat it as something fundamental, don't exactly know what it is.

Do you have any idea that we are close to figuring out how to produce fussion energy cheap and hydrogen jump drives to get you to the belt in a week and you are complaining about infastructure.

I confused you with that Croat nigger. Funnily enough, I actually have had a few pints this evening.

It's probably an interdimensional portal